• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

Daily free pull: Gold crystal -> 4* Panelo
Daily 250 lapis pull: Gold Crystal -> LING!

Guess I am done with the banner? I already have a Xiao and I need to keep saving for Orlandu anyway.

Most of us would kill to have a Genji Glove I think you'll be fine, lol.

I know, first world problems, right? But that means I'd have to give it to Orlandu and leave Gilgamesh gimped.

Pachimari

I still need a healer. Will I get lots of tickets through the campaign? Is it better for me to save them for some banner, or can I use them right away for Rare summons?

Whizkid7

CHRONO HOORAY YOU DID IT

This banner trolling me hard though, first two pulls were gold except Seven an Agrias. I have two of both of you already, go away. 2 more Xiao (that makes 3), Hayate (I think that's 4) and I stopped after 5 tickets. Figure I'll give it a rest for now.

I'd rather pull a Gilgamesh than any other unit right now (okay, maybe tied with a 2nd Noctis) for that TM. Maybe someday...

Gilgamesh is my most wanted unit I feel like I made the biggest mistake not going for him when he had rate ups. I would trade most of my base 5*'s for him at this point and I will whale for him if he pops up on a player's choice.

GG-Duo

May the odds be ever in your favor.

I only used discounts and tickets. No 10+1

Free: Penelo
1. Vivi
2. Zidane
3. Xiao - new since I previously sold one by mistake
Half price - Roselia
4. Troll gold Kefka
5. Shadow
6. 3-star Kefka
7. Rosa - my first one

Done for tonight... not looking good for Ling :-/

Did two more pulls this morning and I got Ling! Yay I'm done :)
So it took 11 summons.

15k lapis and 22 tickets remaining.

Alkez

50 more pulls

Another Rainbow

Fucking galuf

Fuck it, im out

That's some straight bs.

So I'm a huge fan of this event. Daily challenges with challenge rewards that aren't just Lapis. That is great and hope it continues with future stuff.

Personally I feel like the exploration takes too long. I'm not sure why because it seems like a small map but it feels like it's taking me forever to do.

Iceman829

Congrats to everyone with their Yun and Ling pulls and to the Ramza and Lightning rainbows.

Congrats Chrono. I'm glad you finally broke the streak. I know you've been on the breaking point for awhile. I hope this makes all the stress go away and you can continue to enjoy the game with us.

I got my Ling after both dailies and 5 tickets, so I'm happy enough. I still have 21k lapis and 38 tickets saved for the months ahead

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I feel like im ready to embrace the Fist meta soon - pulled Snow a while ago, now Yun and got 5 Xiaos. If i get Firion down the line that would be perfect.

Are there upcoming Top Tier units that uses mainly Fist weapons ?If i invest in them i want to use them on more than 1-2 units.

Grats everyone - especially chrono!

I'm glad it wasn't a fake Yun.

fake Yun ?

Iceman829

I feel like im ready to embrace the Fist meta soon - pulled Snow a while ago, now Yun and got 5 Xiaos. If i get Firion down the line that would be perfect.

Are there upcoming Top Tier units that uses mainly Fist weapons ?If i invest in them i want to use them on more than 1-2 units.

fake Yun ?

I pulled a fake Yun with my 1/2 price daily. Damn Refia hugging a chocobo

Valonquar

These pulls are a healthy reminder that the 40ish tickets and 8k lapis I have built up will not be close to enough of a sacrifce for Orlanadou to grace me with his presence ;_; /pray

dubc35

Ew. Don't do that unless you're short on time. The later Explores are so much better for XP if you can run w/ an OP friend to one shot everything.

I'm not too far in the story (only third island - forgot the name) so the 15 NRG experience one gives me more exp than the story ones right now (~31k and I run one unit with a high powered friend).

mstevens

If you have a high level Noctis as your companion could you put paralyze resist on him? Just got within one hit twice on the boss and wiped after Noctis got paralyzed.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- syntsui i am soooooo sorry you got ANOTHER lightning noooooo

-- :|

-- so how exactly is everyone doing the item challenge on ELT?

-- how do you all like the setup for getting equip on challenges? I think it's creative as hell and a neat way to do things. I'm betting taking multiple tries to farm things will still probably work out to look a little like farming, so it works out.

-- i really want Yun and Ling. Like really really bad. Think I'll do an 11-pull in a couple days, and if I do dailies right, I'll still have enough for an 11-pull on Orlandu, assuming that's actually the next banner.

cw_sasuke

I pulled a fake Yun with my 1/2 price daily. Damn Refia hugging a chocobo

OH you got Refia Rainbow ? Yikes - completely forgot abot her Chocobo xD
I always focus first on where the Name pops up when i pull Rainbow lol.

Alkez

-- so how exactly is everyone doing the item challenge on ELT?

I had the following team: Refia, Cecil, Rydia, Rain, Chizzy, Friend Noctis. Refia and Cecil healed and buffed. Rydia just blocked (to get LB for the summon just in case). Noctis, Chizzy, and Rain normal attacked, with the occasional undermine and fingersnap. Doing this allowed me to get it down to practically no health. Then I summoned diabolos with Rain, LB'd with Chizzy, and the other 4 used items. Was enough to kill seeing as he had practically no health left. Just have to time everything correctly so all the animations occur (summon, then lb, then items for me). He doesn't do a whole lot of damage (my 2k health Rydia was surviving every turn) so it's fine to just normal attack for ages.

Niahak

If you have a high level Noctis as your companion could you put paralyze resist on him? Just got within one hit twice on the boss and wiped after Noctis got paralyzed.

I'm surprised Ribbon-wearing Noctises aren't more common. Ever since I put one on mine he's crazy durable, saved my butt in Akademeia and during trials several times. Great for arena, too.

It does reduce his big numbers some, but it's well worth it.

Iceman829

OH you got Refia Rainbow ? Yikes - completely forgot abot her Chocobo xD
I always focus first on where the Name pops up when i pull Rainbow lol.

It was probably just a gold but I was still waking up and taping the screen and saw a chocobo. I was excited for a minute

Free Summon:

Garland (Blue Crystal - Dupe)

Daily:

Xiao (Blue Crystal - Dupe)

Ticket Time!

Ticket #1:

Bartz (Blue Crystal - Dupe)

Ticket #2:

Luna (Blue Crystal - Dupe)

Ticket #3:

Galuf (Blue Crystal - Dupe)

Ticket #4:

Ticket #5:

IMG_0615.png

Rainbow Crystal! I haven't seen one of those in a long time. Oh well, it's probably some troll charac-

IMG_0616.png

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

Hands shaking, I figure it's time to try for Ling. I got the tickets, if I don't get her, I DON'T EVEN CARE!

Ticket #6:

Edge (Blue Crystal - Dupe)

Ticket #7:

Bartz (Blue Crystal - Dupe)

Ticket #8:

Roselia (Blue Crystal - Dupe)

Ticket #9:

Rydia (Blue Crystal - Dupe)

Ticket #10:

Kain (Blue Crystal - Dupe)

Ticket #11:

Mercedes (Gold Crystal)

Ticket #12:

Oddly enough, only one gold crystal out of the entire thing, and it was a dupe Mercedes. Oh well, I don't even care. I finally have a 5* base. I DON"T CARE ABOUT ALL OF THESE BLUE CRYSTALS AT ALL, 5* NON-BASE CURSE BROKEN!

Thank you to everyone in this thread that have supported me over the last several months. Without you, I would have quit a long time ago. You guys/gals are the real MVP's, I truly mean that.

Wow, congrats chrono!!! Glad you finally got one :)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I had the following team: Refia, Cecil, Rydia, Rain, Chizzy, Friend Noctis. Refia and Cecil healed and buffed. Rydia just blocked (to get LB for the summon just in case). Noctis, Chizzy, and Rain normal attacked, with the occasional undermine and fingersnap. Doing this allowed me to get it down to practically no health. Then I summoned diabolos with Rain, LB'd with Chizzy, and the other 4 used items. Was enough to kill seeing as he had practically no health left. Just have to time everything correctly so all the animations occur (summon, then lb, then items for me). He doesn't do a whole lot of damage (my 2k health Rydia was surviving every turn) so it's fine to just normal attack for ages.

Really? With a friend Noctis (thanks Blazed) I'm floating:

Noctis
ExDeath
ReDeath
Refia
Chizuru

And Refia is forced to revive someone every other turn, and often having to leave one ExDeath dead to work in a Curaja. Thinking I need to sub in a Cecil for Chizuru for the buffs and extra heals, and MY NEWLY LVL 100 RAIN for the breaks (do those work on this damn monster?) for ReDeath there. That might be durable enough to get the extra rewards.

Alkez

Really? With a friend Noctis (thanks Blazed) I'm floating:

Noctis
ExDeath
ReDeath
Refia
Chizuru

And Refia is forced to revive someone every other turn, and often having to leave one ExDeath dead to work in a Curaja. Thinking I need to sub in a Cecil for Chizuru for the buffs and extra heals, and MY NEWLY LVL 100 RAIN for the breaks (do those work on this damn monster?) for ReDeath there. That might be durable enough to get the extra rewards.

Yeah I would recommend swapping in the Cecil and Rain. Undermine does work on him so definitely helps reduce the damage. Also he does a lot of magic so focus/cecil's lb help lower the damage even more.

I would keep Chizuru in personally and swap out both Exdeaths. Reason being is he does this move (preparing or something) where he gains buffs and does strong moves the following turn if you use magic (edit:eek:r lbs according to the wiki). You need to dispel the buffs without using dispel so fingersnap handles that.

evangd007

Just catching up with all this pull hysteria. Grats chrono!

I still need a healer. Will I get lots of tickets through the campaign? Is it better for me to save them for some banner, or can I use them right away for Rare summons?

You'll get tickets as login and event rewards. The campaign will give you Lapis. You'll also get a competent healer as a story unit fairly early on. As for banners, this one is strong, but has no healer on it. Orlandu banner will have Ovelia as a healer, but she isn't top tier and the rest of the Orlandu banner is pretty bad. Up to you.

Today's free pull was a blue Duane to match yesterday's rainbow Duane.

Duane haunts dreams. How long until he's a GL exclusive 6* tho.

Celegus

Free: Kain

Daily: Call of Duty

Tickets: CoD 2, Gold Version; Hayate; Tellah...

... and Yun.

Umm. I didn't ask for this, guys. I only wanted Ling.
I'll trade my Ling for him! I was planning to use tickets until I got Ling but secretly trying for Yun... Except I got her on my first ticket, so there went that plan.

He has a skill that allows him to normal attack twice. Like the Twin Lance.
Would the hits increase via TM Equip Spear + Twin Lance? What about using Lightning's Aurora Scarf TM as well? I'm sure the DPS wouldn't be as high as using "proper" TMs, but if that all DID stack then that would be quite fun to see (or super annoying in Arena...).

Celegus

Would the hits increase via TM Equip Spear + Twin Lance? What about using Lightning's Aurora Scarf TM as well? I'm sure the DPS wouldn't be as high as using "proper" TMs, but if that all DID stack then that would be quite fun to see (or super annoying in Arena...).
No stacking.

cw_sasuke

I've started this game several times, but this time I didn't bounce off the download process. So now the game recognizes that I've made progress, it's good!

What should I know as someone starting this late into a gacha game? Does the best of it pass you by when you aren't there day 1?

Niahak

I've started this game several times, but this time I didn't bounce off the download process. So now the game recognizes that I've made progress, it's good!

What should I know as someone starting this late into a gacha game? Does the best of it pass you by when you aren't there day 1?

You're down some exclusive event equipment and abilities (and a few exclusive characters) but this is a great time to start with some free pulls and a good banner.

There's a GAF playbook here created by some awesome community members - the getting started guide there is good.

Most people will recommend rerolling until you get a 5* base (currently most available is Yun, but Noctis, Lightning, Luneth, Gilgamesh, Dark Fina are all good). You don't necessarily need it to get started, but it might help you not feel "left behind" in a few months. It's your only chance for a guaranteed 5* base at this point, which are the most powerful characters by a good margin.

Some of our active members started off by using scripts to reroll, but I'm not sure if they documented how that process worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom