• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

So, i think nobody had problems with It, but i already beat ELT the usual way.

My party here was

Rosa
Refia
Rain
Cerius
Exdeath x2

I wont uploaded the vídeo because i miscalculate the damage and killed the dog before activating the limit, the esper and the damage item.

Also while testing, i find a Big flaw un ling: she cant fulfill all ver roles at the dame time, only one or two, because her buffs are too short.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Today I woke up and pulled three times.

First was a blue with a Galuf.

Second was a gold with an Anzelm.

Third was a gold turned rainbow

INfobCO.png

with this Yun fellow

Are they any good?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
So after beating ELT relatively easily with my standard team (Noctis, ExDeath, ReDeath, Refia, Chizuru) ... now I'm getting wiped with the team I'm using for the challenge rewards (Noctis, Chizuru, Rain, Refia, Cecil).

Gonna take me a few tries to figure it out. Tooth for a tooth is a MFer, I'll say that much.

Muku

Also, congrats to Muku, sasuki, ivan and the rest who got Yun and/or Ling. These 2 units are seriously good.

Thank you! This weekend I gotta farm some mats for gear for Yun. At least this will make mat hunting fun. Made him 4 Atk 10% last night before bed.

I was so glad to stay up long enough to see chrono make that amazing pull. Last night I went to bed happy because husband got Dark Fina, I got Yun (both at same time strangely enough), and then chrono got Yun. So hard earned. May Rainbows shower you now.

Poor Valentus... he has chrono's luck now. :O

Wazzy

Banned
I just saw your pulls Chrono and congratz!! I know you're usually cursed in F2P's(I remember in Dokkan and OPTC) but it's always nice when you get unexpected luck :D

I need to figure out an item I can use to kill Nian Beast. I got the Beast Glove which I threw on my Snow.

I think I should start farming my Zidanes TM so that I can Dual Wield Snow.

Shouta

Congrats to everyone that got Yun or Ling, especially chrono!

Yun should be pretty useful for quite awhile and he has a lot of room for Ability Enhancements later. Just a slight shame Inferno Rage affects only normal attacks because that attack boost is nuts. He should be able to deal some great damage at the end of a chain with it though.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ok I figured out the ELT beast challenges. This guide at reddit is good: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...w_i_painfully_defeated_the_stupid_nian_beast/

I got the ticket from the LB challenge but must've messed up the timing on the item and the esper. But at least I have the method down.

Noctis: Cover, regular attack, warp break
Chizuru: regular attack
Rain: undermine, regular attack
Refia: empower, dualcast curaja/esuna as needed
Cecil: focus / curaja as needed, limit break buffs
Friend Noctis: Warp break, regular attack

Basically the standard all buffs / debuff approach to difficult bosses. The timing is the thing for the challenges.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
oh my fuuuuck i just had one of the worst pulls i've ever seen

1. gold Mercedes, my 2nd
2. Zidane, my billionth
3. gold Ling <-- YAY
4. Duane, my billionth
5. Alma, my billionth
6. Galuf, seriously.
7. Tellah, seriously.
8. Terra, seriously.
9. Leo, seriously.
10. Sazh, seriously.
11. Fang, seriously.

two golds, one new, one repeat, all trash

:( :(:(::(:):):):)(:):)

done with this banner. i have 24 tickets and 4K lapis for the next.

mstevens

1. gold Mercedes, my 2nd
2. Zidane, my billionth
3. gold Ling <-- YAY
4. Duane, my billionth
5. Alma, my billionth
6. Galuf, seriously.
7. Tellah, seriously.
8. Terra, seriously.
9. Leo, seriously.
10. Sazh, seriously.
11. Fang, seriously.

That Ling tho

1. gold Mercedes, my 2nd
2. Zidane, my billionth
3. gold Ling <-- YAY
4. Duane, my billionth
5. Alma, my billionth
6. Galuf, seriously.
7. Tellah, seriously.
8. Terra, seriously.
9. Leo, seriously.
10. Sazh, seriously.
11. Fang, seriously.

Should have stopped after those first 3 fantastic pulls.

tariniel

Is it worth 10+1 pulling on this banner?

My main team: Lightning, Chiz, Cecil, Refia, Exdeath. I can swap around members for CoD, Rain, Arianna, WoL, Bartz... I have many other 5* including Tilith.

I'm only asking because I'm sitting on 20k lapis and I have an itchy trigger finger over here. I also have 30 tickets I could burn.

My free daily was Charlotte and my half-price daily was Bedile :(

Also is there any chance at all of completing ELT without a breaker? I could put in WoL or level up my Rain. Rain is at 6* 1.

Valentus

Ok I figured out the ELT beast challenges. This guide at reddit is good: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...w_i_painfully_defeated_the_stupid_nian_beast/

I got the ticket from the LB challenge but must've messed up the timing on the item and the esper. But at least I have the method down.

Noctis: Cover, regular attack, warp break
Chizuru: regular attack
Rain: undermine, regular attack
Refia: empower, dualcast curaja/esuna as needed
Cecil: focus / curaja as needed, limit break buffs
Friend Noctis: Warp break, regular attack

Basically the standard all buffs / debuff approach to difficult bosses. The timing is the thing for the challenges.

You have problems to get the challenges with 2 Noctis????

Flambe

Holeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee shit, grats Chrono!!!!!!!!

I mean grats everyone else, but grats Chrono!

Couldn't have happened to a better person. Despite your atrocious, atrocious luck you are the first one to congratulate others on their pulls for months on end now and a boon to the community. Happy you finally scored =]

Holeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee shit, grats Chrono!!!!!!!!

I mean grats everyone else, but grats Chrono!

Couldn't have happened to a better person. Despite your atrocious, atrocious luck you are the first one to congratulate others on their pulls for months on end now and a boon to the community. Happy you finally scored =]

I move that Chrono's avatar should hereby be changed to a chocobo, its rider optional. Any seconds?

Kettch

Man am I glad I never bothered farming megacrysts. They drop like candy from the explore event.

Do we need them for the upgraded hero rings as well, or should I just get enough for the regular ones?

evangd007

Pulls for the day:

Half-price: blue Zidane (first!)
Free: troll gold Amarant (second, both gold)

Looks like I've stumbled into an FF9 banner.

Whizkid7

Huh....I, uh, I got my butt kicked on Pro. Wasn't expecting that...I think I might not have noticed the buffs he throws up, but he seems to put them back on every turn? Or is that in reaction to something?

Getting this Esper kill is driving me insane

It keeps cancelling the damn summon when the kill is delivered by any other attack

I dont know if I need to adjust my timing or what

Getting this Esper kill is driving me insane

It keeps cancelling the damn summon when the kill is delivered by any other attack

I dont know if I need to adjust my timing or what

Not sure how you are doing it but what I did was this. Queue up Diablos...the item I used (Void Vessel) and LB's/attacks. I start Diablos and when the animation starts cancel and hit auto and I got all 3 at once.

evangd007

Huh....I, uh, I got my butt kicked on Pro. Wasn't expecting that...I think I might not have noticed the buffs he throws up, but he seems to put them back on every turn? Or is that in reaction to something?

If he uses Preparation, don't use magic or an LB. That triggers Tooth for a Tooth.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Not sure how you are doing it but what I did was this. Queue up Diablos...the item I used (Void Vessel) and LB's/attacks. I start Diablos and when the animation starts cancel and hit auto and I got all 3 at once.

I did exactly this with Ifrit -- exactly -- and I only got the LB kill.

you sly son of a bitch

I thought I waited long enough but I didnt want the epser attack to hit and not kill at the same time as teh other attacks

its a tricky one... I suppose I could attempt to get the boss to a mere sliver but its risky business

you sly son of a bitch

I thought I waited long enough but I didnt want the epser attack to hit and not kill at the same time as teh other attacks

its a tricky one... I suppose I could attempt to get the boss to a mere sliver but its risky business

Yeah, they make the window for these things pretty small but that is how I always do it and it's worked 100% of the time. I could see it not working if you don't cancel the animation or if you don't hit auto literally instantly after cancelling.

I did exactly this with Ifrit -- exactly -- and I only got the LB kill.

I dunno man I always use Diablos so maybe the timing is different?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
hey a maxed 4* unit sells for 90,000 btw

aside: i TM'd shantotto and tossed her aside like an old, expensive shoe hell yes

further aside: still have 5 shantottos

robotuw

Shit, one ELT run I used an esper and all items and totally whiffed. Fucker must have had <1k health at the end. The next time he somehow managed to wipe me by using prepare every goddamn turn until I had to start reviving and taking even more damage. 40 nrg completely wasted.

Xion86

--
-- so how exactly is everyone doing the item challenge on ELT?

I first went all out on the boss until his health was low, whilst trying to keep everyone alive (had to use Full Revive from Reifa and Noctis a lot). Then I'd use normal attack on mainly Luneth (and Cecil sometimes too), to keep slowly hitting away at his health until the health bar was tiny. Then had 3 characters use an item on the boss with one attack from Noctis or Lightning. That did it. Failed the first 3 tries though, used an item at the end with another abilities, got the kill but didn't register, just a normal attack worked.

Man someone on YT spent 65k lapis on this banner to get Yun... You guys that pulled him are so lucky lol.

Pulling any base 5* with minimal lapis/tickets is lucky. I mean RNG will always be RNG. Someone will pull Orlandu on a daily while someone else takes 300 pulls for him, just the name of the game.

Xion86

Tooth for a tooth was a MFer yeah....I had to be all buffed up to survive that, and just Full Life after when someone dies.

Oh my team for doing all the challenges in this Event was:
Cecil, Lightning, Noctis, Luneth and Refia. Went with a Noctis companion.

Skii

Pulling any base 5* with minimal lapis/tickets is lucky. I mean RNG will always be RNG. Someone will pull Orlandu on a daily while someone else takes 300 pulls for him, just the name of the game.

Oh yeah sure but on average, you're expected to do 200 pulls to get the banner 5 star. That's pretty difficult. I'm thinking I should just reroll or something because I'll never pull a 5 star as a F2P :/

Nah, it's me. My luck is incredible :p. Actually I have probably used it all up Orlandu in 300 pulls incoming for me.

Oh yeah sure but on average, you're expected to do 200 pulls to get the banner 5 star. That's pretty difficult. I'm thinking I should just reroll or something because I'll never pull a 5 star as a F2P :/

Yes you will. Outside of the money I spent back when Lightning was the only 5* we had and the two bundles we had for like $50 for New Year and the Current one I haven't spent anything else and I have 12 base 5*'s. You will get one eventually.

Kettch

The game does give out a lot of free currency/tickets. I'm guessing there's probably been a good 400+ pulls as free to play from the start. If you started fairly recently then I'd totally recommend rerolling if you're up to it though.

Nah, it's me. My luck is incredible :p. Actually I have probably used it all up Orlandu in 300 pulls incoming for me.

Yes you will. Outside of the money I spent back when Lightning was the only 5* we had and the two bundles we had for like $50 for New Year and the Current one I haven't spent anything else and I have 12 base 5*'s. You will get one eventually.

As someone who's done their fair share of whaling I'm scared as hell that I won't get Orlandu. I only have about 12 tickets and ~11k lapis and if predictions are correct he's coming in a week or two. Whaling is done now that I'm a home owner so I'm going to have to rely on doing missions and taking what ever hand outs gumi gives. I went HARD for Dark Fina and didn't get her.......15k lapis and 20+ tickets hard. Someone hold me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom