• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elfride 5*~6*

TM: Marshalling Glove (acc)

Effect: +40 atk, grants Aurora and True Doublehand

What the fuck is a True Doublehand?

So we've been using a Fake Doublehand all along?

Just like people pulling fake units. It all makes sense now!!!

:p

I'm not going to FE. I'd have been able to play both but IMO the chibi art style doesn't do it for me. I LLOOOOVVEEEE FE but I cannot stomach this chibi shit. I just can't. It's the reason why I didn't get The World of Final Fantasy and I'd have loved to have played that game.

H3xum

Guess I'll be spending everything on the Cloud banner. It'll basically decide if I keep playing or if I move on.

RNG please for once dont screw me over.

Same

Not that I have a lot, but, if I don't hit pay dirt, I think I'm out. I am TM'd out of the wazoo:

3x Mag+30%
2x Champ Belt
2x Excal
2x Dual Wield
2x Double Hand
2x Blade Mastery
1.5x Sakfabkukauerko
Kaiser Knuckle
Rising Sun
PoC
Black Cowl

I just don't find myself caring about the above because I know any unit I throw them on will only be halfway decent compared to a halfway equipped 5*

Syntsui

Really disappointing announcement. So Cloud will be sandwiched in a random banner and there won't be a FFVII one, for now. Also, they didn't announce 7* classes, which was supposed to have happened last year.

Meh.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Really disappointing announcement. So Cloud will be sandwiched in a random banner and there won't be a FFVII one, for now. Also, they didn't announce 7* classes, which was supposed to have happened last year.

Meh.

New mainline FF heroes always premier bundled with FBE units - nothing new.
7* units would be the worst thing they could do at this point. Enhancements are working just fine to beef up older units.

KeRaSh

New mainline FF heroes always premier bundled with FBE units - nothing new.
7* units would be the worst thing they could do at this point. Enhancements are working just fine to beef up older units.

Yeah. It feels like we just got 6*s and we're still waiting on Enhancements. Also 7* would make pulling even worse without any crystal changes.

"OMG! I got a troll rainbow! I wanted a 6* base and all I got was this stupid Noctis 5* troll!!!"
Chrono flips a table in the background

jnWake

After they finish adding the FF cast it'd be awesome if they branched out to other classic Square RPG's. Imagine Magus and Frog.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Why are they still making 5 star max units

I dont understand

Remember when everyone bitched about making TMs easier. This is what happened. Those 3 - 5 Star units are now meant for TMs, Bonus points for events, and maybe gimmicks.

I mean, is it coincidence he has a 135ATK Greatsword that is two handed? You're supposed to now pull a bunch chasing the better units on the banner. Basically, TMs have become standard and a requirement for the top tier characters rather than a luxury.

It does several things now.
1. It rewards whales more(Their core)
2. It prevents hoarding. Every week has been have 3* units with great or solid TMs, typically for very specific characters. This one is for Cloud, last week's was for Lightning, etc. If you're just relying on one unit and a marco, that is 35 days of energy. 5 units is between 5 to 6 days of energy. You'll want to pull 3 or 4 of the units now, as they come out quicker. Or you're going to have to be more selective. Or what they want... you to pay.
3. It lets them have stronger units for the newer players at 5*, while still offering some way to benefit old ones.

Pachimari

I'm just farming metal cactuars for every time some of your Noctis' are available. So I do it every 2 hours lol. I need money and lapis and materials to enhance and awaken my heroes though, so I'm just gonna save the cactuars.

TM question. I have 12 Xiao units and was TM farming Kaiser Knuckles for my Yun. I know that eventually Firion can use a pair of KK to be UBER AWESOMESAUCE, so I was originally thinking of farming 3 knuckles.

But do I really need three? Because I already have one of the knuckles at 90% and could just throw the "extra" two Xiao units to finish it up, leaving me with just the other 5 to farm out one more, netting me 2 knuckles in the end. I could put both on Yun right now and eventually take one off for Firion and give Yun something like the tamer's whip or winged spirit. The advantage of the latter is giving beast killer and/or defense to Yun, as well.

Thoughts?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
TM question. I have 12 Xiao units and was TM farming Kaiser Knuckles for my Yun. I know that eventually Firion can use a pair of KK to be UBER AWESOMESAUCE, so I was originally thinking of farming 3 knuckles.

But do I really need three? Because I already have one of the knuckles at 90% and could just throw the "extra" two Xiao units to finish it up, leaving me with just the other 5 to farm out one more, netting me 2 knuckles in the end. I could put both on Yun right now and eventually take one off for Firion and give Yun something like the tamer's whip or winged spirit. The advantage of the latter is giving beast killer and/or defense to Yun, as well.

Thoughts?

Very seldom, is one character wielding two of the game.

Typically you wield two weapons, to get the benefit of two Mastery skills, passives, etc. Firion will be using one fist and one Katana most likely. So you can get the benefits of the Belts + Blade Mastery.

The only time they don't, is when the character is restricted.

The JP Cloud banner has a second 5* on it. Even when they get rid of troll Rainbows they still manage to make troll Rainbows lol.

They have been pretty good about only having one 5 star per banner in global

Sure it means events can drag out over two weeks but im ok with that

Typically you wield two weapons, to get the benefit of two Mastery skills, passives, etc. Firion will be using one fist and one Katana most likely. So you can get the benefits of the Belts + Blade Mastery.

So you'd recommend going for something like:

Yun: Kaiser Knuckle + Winged Spirit/Tamer's Whip
Firion: Kaiser Knuckle + Sakruafubuki

instead of giving Yun two knuckles and Firion a knuckle + katana?

Alkez

For people using Ling, how are you decking her out? Currently I'm thinking 3 hp + 30% and 1 mp + 30%, survival edge, black cowl, and minerva bustier.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Well your two options are this.

1. Finish one with adding the two, then use

5 and take 6 days to get another.

Or

2. Finish the current with.

3 Days of energy

Use 4 to get another in 7 days worth of energy, with an additional slot for another unit.

And 3 to get the final one in 10 days worth of energy, with two additional slots for other units.

And that is amusing you spend all energy on TM farming for the day.

My own opinion is, I think it's a waste to get three if you have other TMs to farm. You can get two pretty quick, and the 2nd item on the Choco should be Thorned Mace(Man Eater) or Whip(Beast Eater), which will make up for any damage lost if you're facing those types of units(Good news is, they are typically the two most common units fought). But you'll be out some when not. I would rather give a lot of that energy to other items, units, etc. Rather than a 3rd repeat item. But for me, I also have TMs like Blade Mastery, Sakafu, DW, Black Cowl... then finally getting the Champion Belts. So a 3rd fist wouldn't do me any good.

Vade

Finally got a Ex death time to grab all these gigas I have in my mailbox. Might even be able to do some of the trials with a ridiculous friend unit too :)

So a couple of other things from the stream that I find interesting outside of course of the Cloud hype.

They are looking at something to do with 100% TM'd units something like trade them for tickets, moogles etc. (Awesome and will be keeping all of mine now)

Also looking into ways to use whatever version sprite of the character you want instead of only the one of that level.

Looking into rarity based content so stuff that you can only use 3*/4*/5* whatever which I think is cool and makes lower tiered units not useless. Good stuff.

Well your two options are this.

1. Finish one with adding the two, then use

5 and take 6 days to get another.

Or

2. Finish the current with.

3 Days of energy

Use 4 to get another in 7 days worth of energy, with an additional slot for another unit.

And 3 to get the final one in 10 days worth of energy, with two additional slots for other units.

And that is amusing you spend all energy on TM farming for the day.

Hmph... okay. That pretty much sealed the deal. I'll go for two knuckles.

Thanks for the guidance!

So a couple of other things from the stream that I find interesting outside of course of the Cloud hype.

They are looking at something to do with 100% TM'd units something like trade them for tickets, moogles etc. (Awesome and will be keeping all of mine now)

Also looking into ways to use whatever version sprite of the character you want instead of only the one of that level.

Looking into rarity based content so stuff that you can only use 3*/4*/5* whatever which I think is cool and makes lower tiered units not useless. Good stuff.

Whooooaa

Rarity based content? So youd have to build a 4 or 5 star team?

That could be fun

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Hmph... okay. That pretty much sealed the deal. I'll go for two knuckles.

Thanks for the guidance!

I added a bit more. The only reason why I would get 3 is if I had nothing else in back order.

If you're still waiting on TMing Black Cowls, Blade Masteries, Sakafus, DW, or specifically Champ Belts. Two is more than enough. You'll be done in less than a week of NRG then.

Nor is Ling so limited either. He can use both the Beast Whip and Thorned Mace with the Eater abilities, making up for any damage loss on the knuckle with a 50% gain against the two most fought units.

I added a bit more. The only reason why I would get 3 is if I had nothing else in back order.

If you're still waiting on TMing Black Cowls, Blade Masteries, Sakafus, DW, or specifically Champ Belts. Two is more than enough. You'll be done in less than a week of NRG then.

Nor is Ling so limited either. He can use both the Beast Whip and Thorned Mace with the Eater abilities, making up for any damage loss on the knuckle with a 50% gain against the two most fought units.

The list you just put down for TMing is pretty much my exact backlog, so I'm going with two knuckles.

Also, I'm assuming you meant Yun for that last content, but that is a great point. Why limit him with the knuckles when he can be much more versatile.

Thanks again!

Also being able to combined moogles, which will be great. I have a couple in the mailbox to avoid taking up box space.

Also being able to combined moogles, which will be great. I have a couple in the mailbox to avoid taking up box space.

I like the idea of being able to do that but chances are I would never do it as I usually wait until a unit is at 90% and then finish it off with a Moogle. I hate using more than 1 or maybe 2 per TM. However, if we start to get the Moogle's that only work for a specfic TM then I could see great value in being able to combine them.

tuffymon

Not sure how anyone missed our three way 30 post talk a page ago?, but knuckle and sword will be the BEST if you have the ideal setup.

Course... I just realized that even though we all agreed on that... Firion can't use heavy armor innately... Soooo scratch that >.>;

c-murph

These are all cool. I'm excited for the Sprite option. I'll be able to get Fencer back to her original form.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Not sure how anyone missed our three way 30 post talk a page ago?, but knuckle and sword will be the BEST if you have the ideal setup.

Not everyone reads every page when you wake up to several new ones.

Second, the only way that would be better is if you have Delita(Base) and they allow Leon's TM to stack(I'd say a 50/50 chance at it right now). If not, you're stuck using the Enhancer. 82 ATK vs 98ATK. You'll always be 16 ATK less regardless.

Going over a few of the set ups.

No Stacking(No Base 5 TM)
Sakafu vs Enhancer(+16ATK)
BM vs Leon's TM(Flop)
Rest is the same

BM is better.

Stacking
Sakafu vs Enhance(+16ATK)
BM vs Leon's TM1(Flop)
30ATK vs L TM2(+20% ATK, minus 31(Potted ATK is 156)

LTM is better(Required 2)

Stacking + Ramza TM
S vs E(+16)
Brave Suit vs Demon(+14)
BM vs LTM(Flop)
30% vs LTM2(31ATK)

At this point, it's a 1 point difference. You need the 3rd to make it clearly better(Required 3 for better, 2 for equal) if you have Brave Suit.

Leon's TM seems better suited I feel for Giglamesh or Luneth who naturally get that sword bonus. Making up any difference between the two. And just noticed your edit, but Firion can't use Heavy Armor.

So some quick napkin math.
Stacking and without any base TMs
S vs E(+16)
BM vs Heavy EQ(+78)
30% vs TM1(-31)
30% vs TM2(-31)

So it's not even close anymore, BM will win by 32ATK pts.

With Delita's Sword
S vs M(-20)
BM vs Heavy EQ(+78)
30% vs TM1(-31)
30% vs TM2(-31)

So it will edge it out by just 4 points. This is also me not factoring in Ramza's TM, where with it and Katana, you will end up 9ATK ahead with Katana + Brave Suit.

Firon's best will still be Fist + Katana, Two Belts, DW, BM, and 2x 30%. And if you have Ramza and Delita, better with Katana and Ramza's suit. Which is his ideal high.

Quonny

Fire Emblem is implementing a system where for every non-5* you get, your odds for a 5* go up until you get one, and then they reset.

FFBE, copy this.

I'm really really happy cloud isn't some 7* unit. That's a power jump I do not feel is warranted in Exvius yet. Hopefully wherever that does happen characters are just upgradable into it. I don't want to have obsolete characters down the road. Being able to use day 1 characters effectively is partly why I like Exvius as a mobile gatcha.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Fire Emblem is implementing a system where for every non-5* you get, your odds for a 5* go up until you get one, and then they reset.

FFBE, copy this.

If they do that, they'll give less freebies out. Pass two months alone, we're around 60 to 80 tickets given out, plus probably around 10k Lapis.

If the rates change, then the hand outs will adjust for that change

If they do that, they'll give less freebies out. Pass two months alone, we're around 60 to 80 tickets given out, plus probably around 10k Lapis.

If the rates change, then the hand outs will adjust for that change

I'm looking at my lapis like
200.gif

dont be so grouchy

would you ever imagine goddess ariana grande in this game

yeah thats what i thought

I have just played enough games by Gumi to know this won't happen. I am surprised we are even getting the rainbow change in Global let alone anything that would guarantee a 5* after a certain point.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm looking at my lapis like
200.gif

Just from what I remember, and this is mainly a quick estimation, one month of 100(31*100), one month of 50(31*50), half a continent(8 Stages, 5 Stages, 50 each stage, 250*8), arena for 2 months(40*62). This alone will put you well past 9000.

Daily log in for this month is 1200(900 in, 300 for the last 3), Dec log in, Events, trials, comp, giveaways, facebook events, etc. I wouldn't be surprise if we hit past 15k. I mean, we're still waiting on 500 for AG, 100 for that event, portal event, beast event, etc.

Don't blame me for bad gambling habits

Brunire

I have just played enough games by Gumi to know this won't happen. I am surprised we are even getting the rainbow change in Global let alone anything that would guarantee a 5* after a certain point.

But doesn't Gumi sometimes do something similar in Brave Frontier summon gates? The featured unit drop rate increases on every pull up to a certain point and sometimes even guarantee a drop after 30 pulls.

I'll pick up any bundle, and use my lapis for Cloud, I think. Then down the road reevaluate for Orlandu...

Do we know for sure the Cloud banner is happening for GL too or just hoping right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom