• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Comparing Record Keeper JP to Brave Exvius Global is super silly.
Not really. Their rewards are straight up better as far as tackling the content available goes.

I defended BE with all my strength and shitted on RK for a long time. After carefully trying it, holy shit was I wrong. Just the fact that the off banner relics are pretty much impossible to get makes it a much more honest game, you know what you can get and the chance of getting it is much higher than anything on a banner in BE.

Not really. Their rewards are straight up better as far as tackling the content available goes.

I defended BE with all my strength and shitted on RK for a long time. After carefully trying it, holy shit was I wrong. Just the fact that the off banner relics are pretty much impossible to get makes it a much more honest game, you know what you can get and the chance of getting it is much higher than anything on a banner in BE.

There's a few of us that play both games, and I thought it was the standard viewpoint that RK is just plain fairer as well as better programmed. (As in, the UI's better, fewer crashes, no maintenance extensions, etc.) RK also respects the player's time more, in that you can progress just by touching it briefly each day (or even skip days).

BE's getting better on the programming front. It's also improving on event design. Troll Rainbows are still ridiculous, though.

Valentus

So guys i free some slots so you can add me. Please post here your nickname si i can recognize you

I have this little Guy as friend unit
.eJwFwVEOgyAMANC78A-0lVXxGjvAQpCAiQKB-rXs7nvvq55xqV0VkT53a49zxjYOM6WNkJPJreUrhX5OE9ttg0iI5U5VpiUGh_xy5NC5FZE3SysjMZFH8Mx-85t9x5FSnaXJhwBXDagX1AQaWC9ges3q9wdYnSfr.cGu1ioQCm8IZX5sXE_BofgH1_0g

Its not much im still building it

tuffymon

RK did have a change to the way they gacha'ed stuff though, I played it when it came out and got dumped hard on pulls... To compare it simply, I've pulled 4 base 5 stars vs NEVER getting a unique piece of gear in RK, and I STILL feel pretty confident that I've pulled more in RK than BE. (Although, I did like when RK did half price 10+1s)

Had. They thrashed it when OSBs came in and guaranteed 5* per 11 pull came in.
Ah! I thought they had G5 AND Rolling Gacha. I guess that would be too nice, lol.

I know a lot of people trash record keeper here, but it's seriously fair in comparison. ALL characters are guaranteed if you just play it for long enough. All abilities are yours over time. The only thing tied to gatcha is unique equipment that give new limit breaks for characters. You can still pretty much field any team of characters you want once you work on abilities even if youve pulled no decent relics... Except you do pull decent relics. One rainbow per 11 pull guaranteed (all actual 5*s or even 6*s). Rainbows aren't as game breaking for the most party, but even the unluckiest can field a strong team with strong abilities and free equipment.
I hope you didn't misunderstand my post, because I absolutely LOVE FFRK. I don't take part in the whole FFRK vs FFBE fanboy wars; I thoroughly enjoy both of them. FFRK was my first ever gacha game. I started during its first event and it is still the one I play the most.

Had. They thrashed it when OSBs came in and guaranteed 5* per 11 pull came in.

I know a lot of people trash record keeper here, but it's seriously fair in comparison. ALL characters are guaranteed if you just play it for long enough. All abilities are yours over time. The only thing tied to gatcha is unique equipment that give new limit breaks for characters. You can still pretty much field any team of characters you want once you work on abilities even if youve pulled no decent relics... Except you do pull decent relics. One rainbow per 11 pull guaranteed (all actual 5*s or even 6*s). Rainbows aren't as game breaking for the most party, but even the unluckiest can field a strong team with strong abilities and free equipment.

I quit record keeper for good just the other week. It was hard for me to do so because I had invested a few hundred dollars into it. But anyway I like the gatcha a lot more in Exvius because I can still use my characters I pulled from the beginning. I played record keeper from day 1, and the amount of useless items became staggering. You were still expected to keep up with pulls just as stat sticks. I even pulled aplhs and raines bssbs and still didn't feel like continuing the game. Everything becomes so obsolete in record keeper in a matter of months that chasing relics just made me hate it. You couldn't use what you've worked on for months like the godly TMs in Exvius. Instead record keeper rewards you for continuously throwing out the old and bringing in the new. They keep adding extra junk to acquire every few months instead of building off the original ideas. It's motes for awhile and then different crap after that. Unfinished or half baked ideas but no matter what, the relics you pull will completely out class what you had before. I couldn't take it anymore so I quit.

I still absolutely hate the fact in Exvius we're required (unless you macro for weeks or earth shrine yourself for hours and hours) to get the TMs by pulling like mad and combining duplicates. That is jacked up. However, I don't mind pulling whatever unit I get on my pulls because it does go towards something worthwhile. They're the most important and strongest things to acquire in the game and that's how they're locked. Having the rare strong characters is great to get on your pulls but quite honestly the gatcha system in Exvius is more about TM gathering. Thinking even more about it, in Exvius that's why I don't mind getting whatever I pull, because they're going towards the TMs. In record keeper I literally throw over half my pulls on a 11 pull away. It's all completely garbage and useless.

NEED MORE TRUST MOOGLES

across

Bit late here but I wanted to chime in that you're wise to expect Leon's TM (Dark Knight Soul, +30% ATK with sword, +20% ATK with heavy armor) to not stack, since it's a mechanical copy of Dark Fina's TM, which was confirmed to not stack on GL.

I think Letters and Arms either slipped through the cracks and wasn't "fixed" because it's such a niche boost, or was simply allowed to stack because of that same reason.

Shouta

No, it's silly a comparison. RK JP has had way more quality of life adjustments, first UI for RK was way worse than BE for example, because it's been out longer than Global has. So a comparison is a lopsided any way you cut it. 6-7 months vs almost 2.5 years? There's a lot of things that change. I played RK from JP launch for awhile and even 6 months after launch it didn't have a guaranteed 5-star pull from their gatcha until more recently and, as I recall, didn't have a rolling gatcha even 6-7 months into their the life of the game.

I quit record keeper for good just the other week. It was hard for me to do so because I had invested a few hundred dollars into it. But anyway I like the gatcha a lot more in Exvius because I can still use my characters I pulled from the beginning. I played record keeper from day 1, and the amount of useless items became staggering. You were still expected to keep up with pulls just as stat sticks. I even pulled aplhs and raines bssbs and still didn't feel like continuing the game. Everything becomes so obsolete in record keeper in a matter of months that chasing relics just made me hate it. You couldn't use what you've worked on for months like the godly TMs in Exvius. Instead record keeper rewards you for continuously throwing out the old and bringing in the new. They keep adding extra junk to acquire every few months instead of building off the original ideas. It's motes for awhile and then different crap after that. Unfinished or half baked ideas but no matter what, the relics you pull will completely out class what you had before. I couldn't take it anymore so I quit.

Yeah, I feel like BE provides far more value to your gatcha pulls than RK does especially as you gather more things from pulls. Once you hit a 5-star relic in a certain series, there's no reason to use the 3 or 4-star ones from that one usually, from purely an equipment standpoint. This really isn't the case with BE because 3-4 star characters provide TMs you can earn to power up your characters and there's only like a handful of TMs that are totally garbage compared to every 3-star relic being junk except for starters in RK, lol. That's the big difference for me between the two games. No matter how long I play FFBE, a pull will still have value to me because of TMs. Where in RK, after awhile, anything not a 5-star relic or higher is junk to me.

With ability enhancements even older characters get more time to shine as well and as Valentus has shown, you don't need base-5 star units to pull off the challenges right now and that's only gonna get better as TM power creep increases and star power creep increases.

I played RK longer than I have FFBE in total, so I have a ton of experience with both. If it weren't for the ridiculously shitty account system for RK JP, I'd probably still be playing it when BE is on cooldown.

Syntsui

Bit late here but I wanted to chime in that you're wise to expect Leon's TM (Dark Knight Soul, +30% ATK with sword, +20% ATK with heavy armor) to not stack, since it's a mechanical copy of Dark Fina's TM, which was confirmed to not stack on GL.

I think Letters and Arms either slipped through the cracks and wasn't "fixed" because it's such a niche boost, or was simply allowed to stack because of that same reason.
Is this a materia?

Xion86

So close with 2 Blade Masteries! Maybe in the morning...

Ms1tZcSl.png

So I'd never be able to get Yun after the banner ends? That's a shame :( ...

Shouta

So close with 2 Blade Masteries! Maybe in the morning...

So I'd never be able to get Yun after the banner ends? That's a shame :( ...

You'll never get him from the regular gatcha. It doesn't mean he won't be back for special gatchas though.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If we're talking quality of life improvements.They really should just put in an auto nrg dump system to replace macroing. The system is clearly changing to using 3* characters for weapons, items, armors now. Removing having to go through a PC only makes sense. It doesn't need to be instant. Like you tell it how much nrg, it gives you a time, and it puts into hibernation mode or closes out. You log back it, it stops, it also only does energy you currently have. So it still requires a check in 2 or 3 times a day, but that would be splendid.

Second, being able to lock items.

Third, custom filters. Not ones with prearranged settings, but ones I can select which units. I want a TM filter, a usable unit filter, a level up filter, etc.

Fourth. Items should be equipped based on page, not unit. I.e. The same unit can have the same item equipped, but only one can be used on a Team at a time. Or at least pre-saved presets for units.

Fifth, same for Espers.

This is shit I can get behind and want more than a gacha change. I want my life easier.

And on a side note, more unit pages should be purchasable or increase. I.E. Another for 100lapis.

Shouta

If we're talking quality of life improvements.They really should just put in an auto nrg dump system to replace macroing. The system is clearly changing to using 3* characters for weapons, items, armors now. Removing having to go through a PC only makes sense. It doesn't need to be instant. Like you tell it how much nrg, it gives you a time, and it puts into hibernation mode or closes out. You log back it, it stops, it also only does energy you currently have. So it still requires a check in 2 or 3 times a day, but that would be splendid.

Third, custom filters. Not ones with prearranged settings, but ones I can select which units. I want a TM filter, a usable unit filter, a level up filter, etc.

Fourth. Items should be equipped based on page, not unit. I.e. The same unit can have the same item equipped, but only one can be used on a Team at a time. Or at least pre-saved presets for units.

This is shit I can get behind and want more than a gacha change. I want my life easier.

I want these for JP, I should toss eggs at someone to get them.

I want all of these, along with the stuff that was announced (like 5* units looking like 3* ones if we want), plus:

1. "Claim all" on Daily Quests.

2. Separate tab entirely for enhancer items (Moogles, Cactuars, Pots), along with a separate pool for them if they want to induce us to spend Lapis on slots. These aren't normal units, so let's not treat them like ones!

3. Similarly, character stacking - if I have 5 Xiaos, show her once, rather than five times. It takes forever to scroll through unit listings.

4. For the love of god, skill reordering or even hiding! We spend so much time swiping down.

5. Repeat carries across battles.

Alkez

5. Repeat carries across battles.

I would like to add to this. Someone on Reddit made a post about removing the reset button seeing as very few players use it and replacing it with a button that brings up all the moves you used last turn, without actually repeating it. This way we can control the timing. I would like this, and like your repeat suggestion, have this carry over between battles.

Also can story characters not take up unit space seeing as we're forced to keep them lol.

sammich

One that im sure a few people want for QoL, Auto complete arena err maps? If I have 1200 or whatever points just let me claim all instead of having to select each damn thing.

Celegus

I feel like a Troglodyte but I don't care bout to try this Naked Chicken Chalupa from the TB and I'm hyped!! (I'm sure I will regret it immediately)

lol heard about that on My Brother My Brother and Me (I WANNA MUUUUUNCH!!!! SQUAD!). Vegan here so I don't swing that way but it certainly sounds like something you'll undoubtedly regret!

Hit rank 90 today so I'm in the 100 energy club now!

Pachimari

Wait, I just awoke my first hero. Do I really start over from lvl 1? I would assume I would have just continued leveling up from 60>80..

chrono01

Wait, I just awoke my first hero. Do I really start over from lvl 1? I would assume I would have just continued leveling up from 60>80..
Nope, you start over. Enjoy the grind!

As for quality-of-life improvements, other than what's been mentioned already, I'd love to see a TM-farming dungeon in the Vortex. Make it so all of the units participating have a guaranteed chance to increase their trust afterwards. No more of this "chance" nonsense. :/

Syntsui

If levels didn't reset it would one hell of a quality of life update too. Holy shit this is annoying, there is no skill or challenge involved. They don't even monetize around it, it's just straight up grind for the sake of it.

Pachimari

Hmm, I'll grind then. Ariana is already at lvl 35 anyway, so it seems to be a quick grind.

So I want to awaken 3 other of my heroes, but what do these question marks mean? Just that I haven't come across these materials yet? Should I go through the story to get these, or should I just focus on farming metal gigantuars for every 2 hours since the Ariana event is ending soon?

Coppanuva

So I want to awaken 3 other of my heroes, but what do these question marks mean? Just that I haven't come across these materials yet? Should I go through the story to get these, or should I just focus on farming metal gigantuars for every 2 hours since the Ariana event is ending soon?

Correct. The exploration maps of the current event have had a few in chests/as completion rewards, but basically you can only get 6* Awakening Materials from events as rewards. You'll probably have to wait another week or so to get enough to awaken him fully.

Pachimari

Correct. The exploration maps of the current event have had a few in chests/as completion rewards, but basically you can only get 6* Awakening Materials from events as rewards. You'll probably have to wait another week or so to get enough to awaken him fully.

Which events should I be playing though? Because I am only playing the last stage of the Ariana Grande event over and over, and going through the story.

Coppanuva

Which events should I be playing though? Because I am only playing the last stage of the Ariana Grande event over and over, and going through the story.

I'd say running the Nian Beast once per level that you can per day is probably a good idea, since the completion rewards/quests change daily, as well as the chests resetting.

Also doing all the dailies to rack up lapiz.

Otherwise keep grinding up units to be strong so that next mogking grinding event you can farm currency for the 6* mats.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Okay, I want to be more evil now.

This week should be Orlandu, the following week should be Cloud who is one better than Orlandu.

Some men just want to see Reddit burn.

Celegus

Okay, I want to be more evil now.

This week should be Orlandu, the following week should be Cloud who is one better than Orlandu.

Some men just want to see Reddit burn.

Eh, that place is on fire all the time anyway. There's only 3 things I've found reddit to be good for: not being blocked at work, math, and complaining.

Pachimari

I'd say running the Nian Beast once per level that you can per day is probably a good idea, since the completion rewards/quests change daily, as well as the chests resetting.

Also doing all the dailies to rack up lapiz.

Otherwise keep grinding up units to be strong so that next mogking grinding event you can farm currency for the 6* mats.

Where is the Nian Beast and Dailies located? Is it in the Vortex, because I've never checked it out? I only see the Lunar Year events and Ariana Grande.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Great QOL suggestions. Mine on top of those:

-- unsticky party units on the unit sort screen!

-- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- a FFXII-style gambit battle system where you can program pre-set attacks. Place it on the bottom menu bar or under/instead of one of those buttons if you want. Have fun in the arena.

-- sell, enhance, and awaken available from every unit screen. (Locked units would have them but they'd be greyed out). It is so, so fucking ridiculous to sort through 150 units to see which ones you just got in an 11 pull that you can enhance, then go to the enhance menu and do it again. Then realize you forgot this obscure unit's TM in case you'd ever want it so you gotta go back to the main unit sort screen again!!!

-- why in the hell isnt the TM visible on the enhance screen???!! I can see the dang percent, just tell me what it is!!

-- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
More importantly, Amazon just uploaded all six seasons of Sex in the City. I shall be enjoying my FFBE Mogking weekend.

jnWake

One QOL thing I'd like (or that I've missed entirely) is an easy way to tell which equipment works on who. When shopping you only see the effect on your current party and no effect at all when forging...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom