• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-murph

Fire Emblem is implementing a system where for every non-5* you get, your odds for a 5* go up until you get one, and then they reset.

FFBE, copy this.

Well, it was fun FFBE... lmao.

Will never happen.

Money, has a lot of power.

I hope they bring Cloud to GL now and not later.... the Noctis meltdowns were only the tip.

Me too. I want Cloud NAO! I'm going all in. All 10 of my saved tickets.

But doesn't Gumi sometimes do something similar in Brave Frontier summon gates? The featured unit drop rate increases on every pull up to a certain point and sometimes even guarantee a drop after 30 pulls.

Yes and No. It can increase up to 10% and they will sometimes give a guarantee although that is very rare like I think I have seen it twice in the last year. The guarantee is generally just any Omni in the pool. The 10% increase is also on the base increase so it's really nothing. Also keep in mind that game is 3 years old now and it's already easier to get a good unit generally because of Divine Gates which eliminates any low tier shit for the most part. I could see them making Brave Exvius have the increase in terms of percent which it should do anyway, but I don't ever see them giving a guaranteed base 5* unless the game starts dying. (Outside of the Rainbow change obviously)

Money, has a lot of power.[/QUOTE]

You're right and right now they are making a lot of money so why would they change something like that? When people are dropping $500-$1000 for a single unit they have no reason to make something a guarantee until that well starts to dry up. It took something like 2 years for them to make summon changes in Brave Frontier.

Lastly Square has nothing to do with Brave Frontier and they get the final say for anything in this game. So actually comparing other Gumi games is irrelevant now that I think of it. I would love to see a change like that, I just don't ever see it happening and if it does I would imagine it will be a time from now where 70% of the people in the thread probably aren't even playing it anymore.

c-murph

It's possible. Brave Frontier has something similar to this currently.

It's possible. Depends on how big of a competitor FFBE has. FE doesn't really have as big of a fan base as FF. Maybe the game might hurt sales in the beginning... or maybe GUMI will just release Cloud. I'm thinking the latter.

Lyrian

If they do that, they'll give less freebies out. Pass two months alone, we're around 60 to 80 tickets given out, plus probably around 10k Lapis.

If the rates change, then the hand outs will adjust for that change

Q*****F******T

This, so much this.

Be very, very careful what you wish for, as you're probably not going to like the implementation of your wish.

There's a reason why FFBE is so incredibly generous with lapis and tickets, and it's reflected in the generally poor draw rates of everything (ignoring for now the need for dupes for TM farming). It's all a calculated balance. Makes players happy via generous handouts --> draw rates worsen. Improve draw rates --> significantly less freebies and far fewer F2P pulls allowed to compensate.

AFAIK, FFBE is among (if the not most, unless the new FE tops it) generous gacha games out there, period. Full stop.

If you want to see the complete other side of the gacha spectrum, go try PAD. Although it finally seems (after almost 5 years) to be slightly pulling back from being among the stingiest (for F2P) premium currency games out there, the sheer lack of free premium pulls in the game versus FFBE can be measures in orders of magnitude. After almost three 3 years, I still can't pull together a competent team in certain colors there.

Q*****F******T

This, so much this.

Be very, very careful what you wish for, as you're probably not going to like the implementation of your wish.

There's a reason why FFBE is so incredibly generous with lapis and tickets, and it's reflected in the generally poor draw rates of everything (ignoring for now the need for dupes for TM farming). It's all a calculated balance. Makes players happy via generous handouts --> draw rates worsen. Improve draw rates --> significantly less freebies and far fewer F2P pulls allowed to compensate.

AFAIK, FFBE is among (if the not most, unless the new FE tops it) generous gacha games out there, period. Full stop.

If you want to see the complete other side of the gacha spectrum, go try PAD. Although it finally seems (after almost 5 years) to be slightly pulling back from being among the stingiest (for F2P) premium currency games out there, the sheer lack of free premium pulls in the game versus FFBE can be measures in orders of magnitude. After almost three 3 years, I still can't pull together a competent team in certain colors there.

PAD was my first venture into Gatchas......it ruined me. I haven't played a gatcha since then until FFBE. I spent close to $1500 in PAD and walked away with SHIT. SHIT!!! I've spent half that on FFBE and have so much to show for it. But the days of whaling are done now that I'm a home owner. Priorities man, priorities. I no longer daily pull on banners. I took a break from TM farming for like 2 weeks in hope of Orlandu and was doing missions and stacking lapis, sitting at 15.5k right now and ~15 tickets. With Cloud coming this really fucks up my team plans.

Q*****F******T

This, so much this.

One of the main reasons I dropped PAD I loved the game and the artwork and so on but holy shit. I refused to pay a cent in that game and it showed even after rerolling for like a week straight until I finally got Isis who was the best pull for a starting player at the time. It took so long to build up enough gems to pull for a solid team.

Quonny

FFBE might be generous but when you pull 100+ times and don't get a 5* it doesn't matter how generous they are. We have people in this thread who have done dozens and dozens of pulls and haven't gotten shit.

I'm much more receptive to having less chances if I know that I will eventually get a 5*/SSR/whatever. Sure you can get lucky, but you can also get super unlucky. If you spend $20 on pulls in FFBE they can be a total waste. Sure, TMRs, etc etc, but it really doesn't feel good dropping money and getting almost nothing to show for it. In FE and games like Dragon Blaze, if you spend $20 and get nothing, you at least have bumped up the chances in the future to get a good unit.

But yes, it's a delicate balance. Neither extreme is good.

robotuw

I don't care about Cloud at all, but even I'd be pissed if they released him in global now. He'd be nerfed by 6-8 months from the JP version, and he'd probably still break the game for the better part of a year. Wait and keep the meta interesting(ish) for now. Do we really have any indication he'd be coming here to global now? It's not like the timing is relevant like Noctis. I do enjoy how this sweeps the legs out from anyone salivating at Orlandu though.

Wait, I had a better idea. Release Cloud now, nerfed to hell and back. Then 7 months from now release Zack with the exact same sprite except dye his hair and make him amazing. People would lose their shit.

Edit: Oh hey cool I'm no longer a junior. Is it 300 posts? I think I just passed that.

Since Reddit just posted it and we're talking about fairness of pulls, here's a real simple calculator for seeing your odds of getting that Cloud/Orlandu. (they ain't good!)

Skii

FFBE might be generous but when you pull 100+ times and don't get a 5* it doesn't matter how generous they are. We have people in this thread who have done dozens and dozens of pulls and haven't gotten shit.

I'm much more receptive to having less chances if I know that I will eventually get a 5*/SSR/whatever. Sure you can get lucky, but you can also get super unlucky. If you spend $20 on pulls in FFBE they can be a total waste. Sure, TMRs, etc etc, but it really doesn't feel good dropping money and getting almost nothing to show for it. In FE and games like Dragon Blaze, if you spend $20 and get nothing, you at least have bumped up the chances in the future to get a good unit.

Yeah, I personally feel a lot worse pulling loads and still not getting the elusive 5 star base because the rates are low. Other games have the top rarity character have around 3-10% drop rate which feels a lot better but the pool is a lot more diluted with "bad" top rarity characters. So the base rate of getting that amazing game changing card is probably similar with FFBE but you tend to get a lot more value in other games with your pulls.

That's how I feel anyway.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I want to ask, what is shit?

1. Are we talking about the person who gets stuck with shadow 10x in a row, or someone who complains about anything but the select banner unit they desire being "troll". I've seen troll drop thrown around here from Shadow to Lightning.

2. Could it possibly be... the reason why many of these rolls are shite, is because they gave you enough to roll over 100 times in the past two months? Even on off months, you'll still get dozens of rolls worth of Lapis and tickets. So definitely after normalizing the blues, that 5th or 6th Zid went from, "Fuck yes", to, "God, not another". Most people who have been playing for a while are probably sitting on the majority of 3 and 4 units, with a dab at a 5.

3. I'll agree the game is lacking in terms of payment gains. I do like the Ex System a lot, since it rewards both people who just do a little and a lot equally. You build up over time. That is something they should bring over here right away. It's not game breaking and will only encourage people to spend more, while rewarding whales. There is zero fucking point to wait on that.

But hence the nature of the game, or gambling. 20$ is small change.

A better solution to it, would be to offer a once month pack with a good variety of tickets, lapis, items, etc. Like the Christmas bundle, but one of those every month. Get that, plus an Ex System and I think they will find a nice point for people who like to through a few dimes a month, where it adds up. It doesn't help whales, encourages people who wouldn't otherwise, and gives you something more.

4. Why bring up FE? It's not out yet. If they come out where you can only pull once every few days, it's not going to benefit you anyways and it also depends on where they do their internal settings at. We have no idea how it's going to play out. It may sound nice, but it could be terrible if they set the increase to a fraction of a % for every roll.

5. The biggest one, there has been no content you can't clear here with non-5 base characters. Make them more common, they will be required more. Cause and effect.

6. On the first point again, I had to pull 37 times for a single Yellow crystal on the recent banner. It sucks, but there was also that one time I pulled 12 times and got Refia, Luneth, 2 Arcs, and Exdeath. When I did 40pulls on the Lightning Banner and got shit(Not a single 4* either), yet basically cleaned house on the Noctis banner in 25 pulls. It's easier to complain when it's not going your way, but easy to forget when it did go your way. I think Chrono is the sole hold out from the older crowd here. While some are already getting close to fielding full 5* base teams.

Alkez

I was thinking about that today. I have 43k lapis saved up and it's sad that I could spend all of it and see nothing. Ziss' videos really show how possible that is.

I'm really hoping FE is good tbh. I love BE and won't stop playing it for some time, but I need something else where my luck isn't so trash (though I did get some nice luck in Overwatch today. Managed to cop D.Va's epic LNY costume). BE is starting to bother me a little with how impossible it is for me to get anything on a banner (just over 10 summons/blue crystals to get a Xaio on this banner).

Sakurufubuki Done! Noctis sits at 881 attack!

Excal
Sakuru
Black Cowl
Brave Suit
Genji Glove
Infernal Armlet

Power of creation
Seal of Destruction
Atk +10
Atk +10

I have another seal of destruction cooking in the TM oven right now (it's at 41%). Should be done within a weeks time.

Syntsui

Shit pulls are characters with absolutely no use, doesn't matter if it would be good for other players.

The second Lightning I pulled last week was shit, might as well have pulled Shadow and the result would be the same. It won't ever get any use from me.

Most people that whale here already have most of the good TMs, so even if they get loads of Zidanes/Miyukis/Cecils (all off banner) in their 11x pulls, but not the banner units they want, it is absolutely a shit pull.

The biggest and inexcusable problem with this game's system is the fact that non-banner units still have a ridiculous high chance of being pulled. Playing RK just makes it more disgusting, banner units should be guaranteed and the rate should only be a factor in regards to their utility.

Current system: banners with improved rate on specific characters. Absolutely nothing is guaranteed and it's most likely you will get the majority of non-banner characters in it.

More ideal system: banners with at least 1 guaranteed banner unit (something like 70% of it being 3* / 25% of it being being 4* / 5* of it being 5*). This for at the very least one character and of course balanced around banner with more than one 3*/4*/5* base characters. The other 10 units could very well follow the current system and be completely random, fuck it. At very least you are guaranteed something from the banner, if it's not something very could, it's for you to judge and take your chances.

Shouta

Woo, beat Bahamut. That's a tough fight without Stop but way fairer than Aigaion, lol. It's a really good fight in the classic style, i.e. FF4, Bahamut.

Earth Veritas
Randy
Firion
Rikku
Y'shtola
Singing Ramza

Firion and Randy were my picks because of their innate Dragon Killers. 140% total after gear for my Firion, 115% for Randy after gear. I had to switch away from Luka because characters would die and I'd lose regenerate on them meaning I couldn't keep up on healing. The Ramza I used didn't have Paralyze resistance like fionel's so I had to cure his ass during the fight. =(

jnWake

I wonder why some characters peak so early. I was levelling up Tronn and he peaks at 2 stars lol. Wish they made it so that every character has a chance of being good.

EDIT: Or, at least, they could make a 2 star Arena or something.

Woo, beat Bahamut. That's a tough fight without Stop but way fairer than Aigaion, lol. It's a really good fight in the classic style, i.e. FF4, Bahamut.

Earth Veritas
Randy
Firion
Rikku
Y'shtola
Singing Ramza

Firion and Randy were my picks because of their innate Dragon Killers. 140% total after gear for my Firion, 115% for Randy after gear. I had to switch away from Luka because characters would die and I'd lose regenerate on them meaning I couldn't keep up on healing. The Ramza I used didn't have Paralyze resistance like fionel's so I had to cure his ass during the fight. =(

Curious, do you have Orlandu? If so where does he fit into your current team setup?

GG-Duo

FYI, Yun and Ling are limited.

nGI1eEa.jpg

Muku

Makes sense. Kind of like Halloween and Christmas. Though means I'll never get a Ling. ;_;

Gotten the 5* off last couple of holidays strangely enough.

You know what's interesting though? I don't recall seeing, and am now looking at summon page now, it doesn't say limited time like I remember some past ones that were. Even the news stuff doesn't say that....

They shouldn't only have it on their FB page as limited. Not when in past they made it specifically clear IN-GAME that it was limited. I feel some shady shit on this one.

Shouta

Curious, do you have Orlandu? If so where does he fit into your current team setup?

I have Orlandu, yeah. I use him when I need to chain light damage. He's not as easy to chain as some of the newer characters unless you have another Holy Explosion on your team or the better chainers. I'm using him a bit less as a result. There are more enemies resistant to light damage now too so it's not as easy to make full use of him.

I really like Randy. He was my first base 5-star ever which is why I was hyped when he got such great ability enhancements.

I have Orlandu, yeah. I use him when I need to chain light damage. He's not as easy to chain as some of the newer characters unless you have another Holy Explosion on your team or the better chainers. I'm using him a bit less as a result. There are more enemies resistant to light damage now too so it's not as easy to make full use of him.

I really like Randy. He was my first base 5-star ever which is why I was hyped when he got such great ability enhancements.

Gotcha, just wanted to know where he still sits in the JP meta.

Alkez

It's easier to complain when it's not going your way, but easy to forget when it did go your way. I think Chrono is the sole hold out from the older crowd here. While some are already getting close to fielding full 5* base teams.

I'm fairly sure there are a few of us. My only 5* base is Ramza who I pulled on the Noctis banner and considering enhancements are many months away I question if he even counts as a legit 5* base ATM lol. Last I checked CCIE's only 5* base was Lightning who she rerolled for. I think there's a few other day 1s who are in this situation.

H3xum

I want to ask, what is shit?
I think Chrono is the sole hold out from the older crowd here. While some are already getting close to fielding full 5* base teams.

Been playing since soft launch. No 5* base. Granted I am F2P but I have spent my savings. 150+ Pulls on the Noctis banner (tickets and lapis) and 100+ on Gilg banner.

Did not receive a single rainbow, let alone a 5*

Shouta

Tiers for JP damage dealers right now, IMO, go:

A+: Eileen, Onion Knight, Randy, Lorraine

A: Orlandu, Noctis, Nyx, Dark Veritas, Julian, Katrina, Fire Veritas, Agrias

A-: Harid, Tidus, Prishe, Knight Delita, Balthier, Forren, Hunter Rain, Firion

then everyone else more or less, no order within tiers.

Overall usefulness would change my rankings though.

Man, I just did a quick skim through some of the old OT 1 and OT 2 and just the sheer amount of people that we have lost along the way makes me sad. Hilarious to read about the OP shit back then though.

Tiers for JP damage dealers right now, IMO, go:

A+: Eileen, Onion Knight, Randy, Lorraine

A: Orlandu, Noctis, Nyx, Dark Veritas, Julian, Katrina, Fire Veritas, Agrias

A-: Harid, Tidus, Prishe, Knight Delita, Balthier, Forren, Hunter Rain, Firion

then everyone else more or less, no order within tiers.

Overall usefulness would change my rankings though.

Damn for real? I haven't even heard of some of those characters. What changes so drastically that these characters are that strong? Certain skills with high damage modifiers?

Alkez

This right here has made me realize that I've been lucky as hell with all my 5*'s. God help us all come 2/6 for Cloud and when Orlandu drops.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5r9gka/introducing_the_oddsbitch/

I was literally trying to work this out a couple of hours ago, but my math is nowhere near what it used to be when I got my degree in maths lol. I was trying to see if 40k lapis would be better spent on 8 11-pulls or 160 daily pulls. Thanks for the link.

Shouta

Damn for real? I haven't even heard of some of those characters. What changes so drastically that these characters are that strong? Certain skills with high damage modifiers?

High modifiers, good animations for chaining, passives conducive to damage dealing, etc.

For example, Onion Knight's modifiers aren't high but he has innate dual-wield and innate multi-hit attacks that are also elemental. So he helps you deal big damage with a variety of characters even if he's not dealing big damage himself.

In other cases, downsides drop a character down. Julian and Katrina both have very high modifiers on their attacks but because you need to learn their abilities in a battle, you can't use them right away. They learn their abilities with a high frequency but just having to learn them is kinda annoying if you want to finish a fight in the first few turns. If it weren't for that and their attacks being slightly heavy, they'd be alongside Eileen and the rest of them.

I was literally trying to work this out a couple of hours ago, but my math is nowhere near what it used to be when I got my degree in maths lol. I was trying to see if 40k lapis would be better spent on 8 11-pulls or 160 daily pulls. Thanks for the link.

With an 11 pull the guaranteed gold crystal has a 5% chance of being Rainbow as opposed to 1% for every other crystal including solo's. If you are going to use Lapis you want to do 11 pulls.

Alkez

With an 11 pull the guaranteed gold crystal has a 5% chance of being Rainbow as opposed to 1% for every other crystal including solo's. If you are going to use Lapis you want to do 11 pulls.

That was my logic and why I've saved so hard, but recently it's been bothering me that I can blow 40k (which for me is around £200's worth of lapis) on one banner and have no 5* to show for it. According the calculator I'm 10% more likely to get a rainbow doing dailies, and 10% more likely to get the banner 5* base as well.

That was my logic and why I've saved so hard, but recently it's been bothering me that I can blow 40k (which for me is around £200's worth of lapis) on one banner and have no 5* to show for it. According the calculator I'm 10% more likely to get a rainbow doing dailies, and 10% more likely to get the banner 5* base as well.

Yeah, but you can only do the daily once a day and only during the banner so they aren't comparable. What you should do is the daily every day of the banner and then on the last day do 11 pulls if you haven't got what you want and are willing to use the Lapis. The reason it's a higher chance with dailies on that thing is because 5k lapis is 20 Daily pulls...but you can't do 20 daily pulls on a 7-14 day banner. So Tickets and dailies until the last day and then blow the load so to speak.

Alkez

Yeah, but you can only do the daily once a day and only during the banner so they aren't comparable. What you should do is the daily every day of the banner and then on the last day do 11 pulls if you haven't got what you want and are willing to use the Lapis. The reason it's a higher chance with dailies on that thing is because 5k lapis is 20 Daily pulls...but you can't do 20 daily pulls on a 7-14 day banner. So Tickets and dailies until the last day and then blow the load so to speak.

Yeah I think you're right. I'm just worried because my banner luck has been awful in this game. I feel like if I spent everything and got nothing I would be so disheartened that I would end up quitting the game, which I don't want to do.

Syntsui

No one here talked about it, but what did you guys think about Opera Omnia? Looks like a chibi mobius with classic characters kind of game.

Fire Emblem is implementing a system where for every non-5* you get, your odds for a 5* go up until you get one, and then they reset.

FFBE, copy this.

FFRK Japan has a Rolling Gacha system like Fire Emblem's as well, but they never implemented it on Global. Even if FFBE Japan did a similar system, I doubt Global would get it too.

LucaMac

FFRK Japan has a Rolling Gacha system like Fire Emblem's as well, but they never implemented it on Global. Even if FFBE Japan did a similar system, I doubt Global would get it too.

Had. They thrashed it when OSBs came in and guaranteed 5* per 11 pull came in.

I know a lot of people trash record keeper here, but it's seriously fair in comparison. ALL characters are guaranteed if you just play it for long enough. All abilities are yours over time. The only thing tied to gatcha is unique equipment that give new limit breaks for characters. You can still pretty much field any team of characters you want once you work on abilities even if youve pulled no decent relics... Except you do pull decent relics. One rainbow per 11 pull guaranteed (all actual 5*s or even 6*s). Rainbows aren't as game breaking for the most party, but even the unluckiest can field a strong team with strong abilities and free equipment.

Vashetti

Banned
Finally got Ariana to 6* and all of her exclusive gear. Sucks all those materials won't be attainable once the event is over, I had to run the levels so many times to get it all.

Syntsui

Had. They thrashed it when OSBs came in and guaranteed 5* per 11 pull came in.

I know a lot of people trash record keeper here, but it's seriously fair in comparison. ALL characters are guaranteed if you just play it for long enough. All abilities are yours over time. The only thing tied to gatcha is unique equipment that give new limit breaks for characters. You can still pretty much field any team of characters you want once you work on abilities even if youve pulled no decent relics... Except you do pull decent relics. One rainbow per 11 pull guaranteed (all actual 5*s or even 6*s). Rainbows aren't as game breaking for the most party, but even the unluckiest can field a strong team with strong abilities and free equipment.

Their Gacha system is so much better than BE it's impossible to enjoy this game anymore. I still prefer BE battle system and the way they treat the story mode though.

Never heard of it. Another mobile game I assume? I sure do like Mobius!
It was announced today and will be released tomorrow in Japan. Here is everything we know so far:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dissidia_Final_Fantasy_Opera_Omnia

Honestly, being developed by Team Ninja is both awesome and weird at the same time. It's obviously a regular JRPG, mechanically, so I just don't understand why they are putting their hand into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom