• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalasta

Totally forgot to use my free summon yesterday :( Maybe I saved up some luck...Bedile and Krile today, nope!

Took only 2 tries for me to get all the kill achievements, pretty thankful about that!

Rixa

I have serious trouble with the lack of Lapis and Energy all the time. I bought the coin bundle to give me 30k Gil so that I can enhance my units. Will I do well in purchasing the Energy bundle?

Actually I only have 95 lapis which means I can't start any quest at all, not even the story quests to earn some lapis.

Also I got Shadow from my free pull, I didn't have him before.

Exviuswiki | Easy money

i.e. Use FP summons and level them to max & sell.
Shadow is bad unit, don't waste resources to it.

You don't need Lapis to do quest, you need energy (nrg) and you get (you prolly knew this) 12 nrg / 60mins.
In lower levels (sub 70 nrg max or so) its never good thing to use Lapis for refilling nrg.

Pachimari

Oh shit I always spent 100 lapis to refill my NRG so that I could use my friends' Noctis for the Ariana event, so that I can save up as many metal gigantuars for every two hours.

Oh yeah I know I don't need lapis for quests, it's just that I usually spend 100 lapis to fill up my energy so I can do quests.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh shit I always spent 100 lapis to refill my NRG so that I could use my friends' Noctis for the Ariana event, so that I can save up as many metal gigantuars for every two hours.

Oh yeah I know I don't need lapis for quests, it's just that I usually spend 100 lapis to fill up my energy so I can do quests.

Oh....you should do that at all - what Rank are you at ? Just wait for your stamina to recharge - the Story missions will always be there to clear for you.

Def. try to save your Lapis for good Banners if you are f2p. Using Lapis for stamina refills only makes sense if you P2P and/or high rank.

Pachimari

Oh....you should do that at all - what Rank are you at ? Just wait for your stamina to recharge - the Story missions will always be there to clear for you.

Def. try to save your Lapis for good Banners if you are f2p. Using Lapis for stamina refills only makes sense if you P2P and/or high rank.

I'm rank 21, but don't have enough NRG to do story missions. Guess I'll just have to wait it out till it refills. I just thought that I would save up metal gigantuars in a hurry before the event ends, and so I need to use my friends' Noctis' so that they can come back every second hour.

evangd007

Did the magic/esper kill in one go, then the item kill in one go. Feeling good, let's see what I can pull.

Free: Blue -> Firion (#3)
Daily: Gold... could it be Ling? a 4* base? anything on banner? nope lol troll gold CoD.

Now that I'm past the point of ever considering using CoD she drops for me 3 times in a week.

Excited about that Axe for Mercedes; that'll push her passed Chiz for damage, at least until my Sakurafubuki is done.

H3xum

Couldn't be less hyped for Secret of Mana :(

Word. Playing this game in the future is what has basically ruined this game for me (that and the whack rates) but, I can't blow my load on a guy who will be viable in 7 months, nor invest the emotions in dealing with the fact that I didn't pull him if I were to spend resources

jnWake

So hype for the Secret of Mana event. Hopefully I get lucky with the draws.

Also hopeful we'll get a Chrono Trigger event sometime.

EDIT: Also, got Shadow and Sabin today as pulls. Judging from comments here they seem pretty bad but I love FFVI so...

evangd007

I might skip daily pulls next week. As much as I'd like to accelerate resource farming on the event, the units are just so bad, and my on-banner pull rate has been terrible lately.

Mana Blade does seem like a good TM at least for people with Luneth that never pulled a Delita for Moonblade. 2nd best non Greatsword in the game now. Maybe I will do a few pulls for Randi, would love that sword for when an enemy has Dark resist.

Dandte

I know there was some discussion in this thread about randy and his absurd amount of atk. Atm i don't have the time to go through all posts so i will ask:

without dh stacking in Global, can he be as good as in jpn?

Pejo

Damn, my dudes. SoM was the banner I've been waiting for. I wanted a Randy just for sentimental reasons, and they do it literally RIGHT before Cloud and probably Orlandu. Dammit Gumi.

Screw it, I'm going to do at least 2 10+1s and a bunch of tickets. C'mon lady luck.

Syntsui

Was it confirmed that Cloud will be Japan only? If he really comes in global next week too, this might be an expensive beginning of the year for some of you :eek:

tuffymon

I really want to complete the ELT stage on Great Nian Beast attack event.

Anyone have any good suggestions on "must have" skills/ setup?

A really simple non tm way would to use an exdeath (for dual cast) with carby for barfira and barthundara, keep them up at all times... double cura from carby as a backup healer will help too

JPN also got some stuff for 20 million downloads worldwide as well. 10 Tickets and 2k in Lapis I believe. We didn't even get an announcement about it lol.

Niahak

A really simple non tm way would to use an exdeath (for dual cast) with carby for barfira and barthundara, keep them up at all times... double cura from carby as a backup healer will help too

Isn't Exdeath's built-in DC for black magic only? Looks like Cerius and Krile are the only ones that get 'true' dualcast natively (Cerius would be ideal for less squishiness).

/edit: more helpful answer:
Cecil with Focus or Charlotte with Shellga should decrease magic damage a bunch (Cecil can also off-heal and tank the attacks). If you have CoD, she does get a nice resist-all-elements buff but it's not until 6*.

I find physical does more damage than magic, but multiple mages and chaining should do okay. Fire is a safe element to use, although be careful not to use magic right after the "Preparation" phase. If you defend, use auto-attack or abilities it will only do a couple wimpy attacks, but any kind of magic (including "bars" and dispel) results in punishment. Dispel the buff the turn after that.

Whizkid7

These free summons have all been garbage. Not even any good TM units. AND I STILL DONT HAVE LING! T_T

Every gold crystal has mocked me throughout this event. Sigh. At least today it decided to be nice and give me a second Bracer.

Oh goody ANOTHER bonus unit event. Well, I need to restock my rare ticket supply anyway...

robotuw

Say what we will about Gumi, they know how to throw a freaking curve ball when they want. With all of the Cloud/Orlandu/Valentines day talk I don't think anyone even considered they'd finally bring in the SoM event.

Alkez

Question: I have 2 Freya. Can I just get rid of her cause I am right at the max of my unit space? I can't see any use for her or her tm.

JPN also got some stuff for 20 million downloads worldwide as well. 10 Tickets and 2k in Lapis I believe. We didn't even get an announcement about it lol.
I wish I could laugh about this.

Tbf we did just get 10 free summons. And who knows we might get something later on.

Syntsui

Question: I have 2 Freya. Can I just get rid of her cause I am right at the max of my unit space? I can't see any use for her or her tm.

Tbf we did just get 10 free summons. And who knows we might get something later on.
This has nothing to do with anything. If we don't get something good for the anniversary, we have all the rights to be upset.

They got the free summons also as that was a LNY bonus. If they didn't then sure I could be fine with it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I guess it's good news too. They have only skipped a single unit so far now nor have they gone out of order for the Mog King. So next one will be FFZero P2, following will be Orlandu. So the earliest now is March 17th.

We should hopefully get the other Squeenix Collabs as well.

EDarkness

Why am I not getting the announcement in-game?

I was wondering the same thing. I haven't gotten any in-game notes this week. Was waiting to see what the banner was going to be. So are these characters cool? (I mean, they were awesome in Secret of Mana, but I mean in FFBE.)

I guess it's good news too. They have only skipped a single unit so far now nor have they gone out of order for the Mog King. So next one will be FFZero P2, following will be Orlandu. So the earliest now is March 17th.

Well.........~40 days to stock up more. Oh well.

As long as we get the DQ one I will be happy. Don't even care that the units aren't fantastic overall DQ is my jam and those sprites are fire.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Events and Rewards have been quite good lately - cant really complain.

Razmos

I thought "oh man! 25% magic TM on a 3* unit!" And then remembered that Shantotto exists and that I'm currently TM farming her lol

Xion86

No Ling here either.

You lucky SoB :/ I wish I'd get her soon.

I've had Ling twice from Daily pulls and one via Summon ticket...wanted just a Yun instead as the unit looks cool :(. Really hope you get her as it seems the drop rate is high (well from my experience and I've just stuck to Daily/free pulls and only about 10 tickets).

Never played Secret of Mana so not so hyped about the banner, which is a good thing as I won't get so excited to get the units :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom