• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffymon

Isn't Exdeath's built-in DC for black magic only? Looks like Cerius and Krile are the only ones that get 'true' dualcast natively (Cerius would be ideal for less squishiness).

/edit: more helpful answer:
Cecil with Focus or Charlotte with Shellga should decrease magic damage a bunch (Cecil can also off-heal and tank the attacks). If you have CoD, she does get a nice resist-all-elements buff but it's not until 6*.

I find physical does more damage than magic, but multiple mages and chaining should do okay. Fire is a safe element to use, although be careful not to use magic right after the "Preparation" phase. If you defend, use auto-attack or abilities it will only do a couple wimpy attacks, but any kind of magic (including "bars" and dispel) results in punishment. Dispel the buff the turn after that.

Is it? I thought it was for all magic... I guess I'm wrong. Either way, having carby on someone for both bar spells in addition to some form of +spr for the party makes the fight a lot easier.

evangd007

yeah I have seen that one, and I have all characters but 3 of them are still low level and I only have some cactuars left after lvling up my Chocobo riding unit. awesome work Valentus.

Who do you have maxed? The only unit on that team that is vital is Rain. Others can be subbed and shuffled:
- MP battery: use an OP friend Noctis for Cover. Good for damage too.
- Fire resist and thunder resist: Get the Barfira and Barthundara materia and equip them to either Krile with dualcast or two other units who can use green magic.

Damage options are wide open and several healers are upgrades from Garnet and Rosa if you don't need the summon orbs or mana regen from them. A tank with provoke from Golem can soak most of the physical damage.

Optimizing your gear to resist fire and thunder will also help. Do not use Siren or Shiva as equipped Espers.

H3xum

Anyone have any recollection on how long it took to get the months reward from the arena?

Trying to figure out if I should stop one of my guys at 90% or keep going if it'll be a week or so

Who do you have maxed? The only unit on that team that is vital is Rain. Others can be subbed and shuffled:
- MP battery: use an OP friend Noctis for Cover. Good for damage too.
- Fire resist and thunder resist: Get the Barfira and Barthundara materia and equip them to either Krile with dualcast or two other units who can use green magic.

Damage options are wide open and several healers are upgrades from Garnet and Rosa if you don't need the summon orbs or mana regen from them. A tank with provoke from Golem can soak most of the physical damage.

Optimizing your gear to resist fire and thunder will also help. Do not use Siren or Shiva as equipped Espers.

my maxed characters are:
Garnet
Krille
Tellah
Cecil
Fina
Lenna
Arc
Vaan
COD
Exdeath
Bartz
Yun "maxed 5"
Amarant
Cirius " 5 star 67/80"

creid

We'll probably be getting the DQ events too.

But if we are getting SoM which I don't really care about that means we could get the DQ collab! Please!

I asked Fujimoto about this at PAX and he said they were planning on doing SoM, but weren't sure about DQ because "it isn't known worldwide". The answer didn't make any sense to me (unless he was specifically talking about DQ Super Light) and this was 5 months ago, but keep it in mind.
Yeah are we really not getting anything for the 30th anniversary? That's a bummer.
SE has a blog post talking about the FF 30th anniversary. It mentions the FFVII event in Mobius, but makes no mention of Cloud for FFBE. Don't think it's going to happen until we catch up to JP.

evangd007

my maxed characters are:
Garnet
Krille
Tellah
Cecil
Fina
Lenna
Arc
Vaan
COD
Exdeath
Bartz
Yun "maxed 5"
Amarant
Cirius " 5 star 67/80"

Without knowing your equipment situation I'd run:

Cecil - Tank
Krile - healer/DC Bars/damage
Lenna - healer/Cheer
Vaan - Break/Focus
Best damage unit
Friend Noctis

If you don't want to use Krile you can split the Bars between two other units as you have no shortage of units that can equip Green Magic. I threw her in there because I don't know if Lenna can solo heal.

Also max out Rain.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Isn't Exdeath's built-in DC for black magic only? Looks like Cerius and Krile are the only ones that get 'true' dualcast natively (Cerius would be ideal for less squishiness).

/edit: more helpful answer:
Cecil with Focus or Charlotte with Shellga should decrease magic damage a bunch (Cecil can also off-heal and tank the attacks). If you have CoD, she does get a nice resist-all-elements buff but it's not until 6*.

I find physical does more damage than magic, but multiple mages and chaining should do okay. Fire is a safe element to use, although be careful not to use magic right after the "Preparation" phase. If you defend, use auto-attack or abilities it will only do a couple wimpy attacks, but any kind of magic (including "bars" and dispel) results in punishment. Dispel the buff the turn after that.

I'm having trouble with ELT too.

My team for doing Pro:
iGymjIV.jpg

Krile is there for DC'ing Bar spells but she gets murdered in the first turn.

Should I focus all my energy to my team of Ludmilles to get a high enough TM to get Refia dualcast or focus my energy to leveling up my lvl 1 5 star Cerius until he gets dualcast, to replace Krile?

Shouta

Wow, they brought SoM to Global. Great stuff for fans.

Also, it looks like they hit them with a few changes. They're probably buffing him because it says he does 125% more damage to beasts, spirits, reapers, and dragons. In JP, he only has 50% more damage to those monster types. His base stats are also higher in the important areas such as Attack, Defense and HP. So he probably won't be the weakest 5-star for you guys.

In that case, I fully expect both Primm and Popoi to get buffs as well.

How does Randi compare to Orlandeau? I'm thinking of going for him instead. The TMs on the banner for the other two are nice as well.

Depends on what buffs he gets in Global.He's getting changed for sure since we know his attack has changed and his Killer effects are even higher than before. So he could stack up pretty well.

Nothing.

Only after enhancements will Randi become top tier. But initially he will be the worst 5* unit, by far.

Probably won't be the case that he's the worst 5 star. Unless they totally botch his buffs, he should be pretty solid considering where he's released.

But isn't orlandu amazing through ending a chain with his ability? That's what I thought and so is Agrias I believe?

Orlandu's amazing because he has an ability that easily chains with itself and lowers elemental resistance significantly with his attack. He's not a chain ender but the chain itself. Buffed Randi is ability to chain and to finish for ridiculous damage since his ability enhancements came much latter. There's a chance they decided to reverse import the attacks from his enhancements but who knows.

So the annoucement says randi max ATK is 184...

But in the reddit wiki says randi max atk is 142.. and passive +10% ATK

so 142*1,1 = 156 (rounded) - 184 = 28

theres still 28 atk left

that 28 ATK can come from an extra +20% atk innate ability, that could be his GL exclusive ability (+20% ATK and other effect)

That, or, gumi buffed randi base ATK to 167 (167*1,1 = 184)

unless im missing something

They're definitely doing new things to him, that much we know. So hopefully they gave him a new innate ability that increases attack and also increases the damage of his killer effects. He's getting into Firion-tier killer damage with for those 4 monster classes which is pretty huge.

Hybrid bullcrap.

Her best skill (300% holy aoe Magic) is good but cant be dualcasted so... Crap Too xd

Considering Randi got buffed, I'd pretty interested in seeing how Primm got changed. Her stats are definitely higher though so there's something different. Unlike other hybrid chars, she has high stats in both which alleviates the problem a little bit. Her weapon has a good stat spread for her too.

Pachimari

How many heroes are in this game? On one of my heroes it says it is no. 8000 something.

I'm gonna write down all mine in an Excel sheet, anyone else doing this?

How many heroes are in this game? On one of my heroes it says it is no. 8000 something.

I'm gonna write down all mine in an Excel sheet, anyone else doing this?

Not gonna count but I think we have something like 150 total units (Or in that vicinity) in Global if you count story/fp/limited units as well.

Niahak

My team for doing Pro:
iGymjIV.jpg

Should I focus all my energy to my team of Ludmilles to get a high enough TM to get Refia dualcast or focus my energy to leveling up my lvl 1 5 star Cerius until he gets dualcast, to replace Krile?

You might try and grab a Muscle Belt (Westersands exploration) and some HP+10 materias (merge a ton of friend-point summoned Rizers) for Krile, it might be enough to make a difference in survivability. Ramuh is probably the best esper since she'll resist electric that way.

How many Ludmilles do you have?

Cerius gets DC at 6* 100 and that will be a crazy slog, probably not even doable with the time we have left. Might be better to actually sub a tougher unit (like Agrias with Barfira/Barthundara) that can single-cast as long as they'll survive better. You don't *need* both up all the time (it'll just be a little rougher without them, and your other units are chunky enough they should survive by and large).
Any equip that resists fire/electric (like the rings) might help her too.

Alkez

Apparently the 2k lapis in JP for 20 million downloads is for people who haven't logged in for 3 months according to Reddit. Even if we got it no one here would be able to get it lol.

Apparently the 2k lapis in JP for 20 million downloads is for people who haven't logged in for 3 months according to Reddit. Even if we got it no one here would be able to get it lol.

I think you are right about the lapis. They did get the tickets however for the 20 million.

Dandte

Can't be, i just received my lapis and ticks and i logged in january.

Shouta

I got the 2k lapis already. I don't think it's just for returning folks..

Lyrian

Nox crashed again overnight, meh. Starting to think that backup laptop (which has become the main laptop) can't handle extended macro sessions. Lame, if true.

Daily --> Terra. Meh.

/looks at news

Holy calamitous catastrophe, Catwoman!

Now that's a curveball! Everyone thought the SoM collab was dead and buried. That said, the existence of the collab fails to disprove the logic I presented earlier. Global still needs the rest of Zoldaad for Orlandu banner to happen.

So order of events seems to be:

2/3 - 2/16 Secret of Mana Collab (Mog King)
2/10? (doesn't make sense, but only time window that works) - 2/16 Valentine's Day Special
2/17? Second backup exploration collab (during mog king cooldown) FF2
2/24 FFZ2 or FFT2

That's a mess for sure. But, I guess, there's no rule that states that explorations have to be open for 14 days like Mog King events do (although that has been the history of these; yet the LNY exploration is only 7 days long).

Thoughts on event:

Global Exclusive Randi ability? Very interesting. So, in the future, Global Randi will be superior to JP Randi in the future.

Here's a thought that my brain is telling me is going to happen consistently in the future as a refinement of the discussion from the other day:

Gumi's solution for Global players camping out for key chase units from JP is to create a continual stream of Global exclusives that will define the Global meta. JP Chase units will still be as strong as they are on JP, but they will be 2nd tier to the "unknown" units yet to be released that will consistently be "now or never" units from the gacha. For example, Randi, from SoM, was never re-offered after this banner.

There are two pieces of interesting event equipment:

1) The crown (20 SPR) --> highest SPR helmet in game (outside of Halloween Lid {no longer available} or the Black Cowl (you're not using this on a healer)

2) The axe ( 85 ATK 15 SPR) --> this is a freebie? Holy hand grenades, this seems wrong for a event. This is literally 90% of a TM weapon (Ex: Gungir is 90 ATK). If that isn't a typo, then expect this to be a very, very expensive weapon. I'm personally banking on this to be at least trust moogle expensive, if not 70k trust moogle expensive.

And this is a bonus unit event... so unless you're going to ignore at least the next 7, if not 14 days, you're going to be pulling on the event banner. Of course, I suppose, there's always hiding in Earth Shrine for that timeframe.

I'd bank on this model being the mold for Global for the future.

Fantomex

Hi guys, big noob in need of some basic help I can't seem to find an answer for or FAQ probably because it's so easy they didn't think it needed an explanation.

Am I too early in the game or is it not possible to dual wield? (Weapon in each hand) I heard Zidane and Yun had it but I might be mistaken. When does it happen? Or am I too early for the skill to be unlocked? Any advice on this or leveling input?

Shanlei91

You might try and grab a Muscle Belt (Westersands exploration) and some HP+10 materias (merge a ton of friend-point summoned Rizers) for Krile, it might be enough to make a difference in survivability. Ramuh is probably the best esper since she'll resist electric that way.

How many Ludmilles do you have?

Cerius gets DC at 6* 100 and that will be a crazy slog, probably not even doable with the time we have left. Might be better to actually sub a tougher unit (like Agrias with Barfira/Barthundara) that can single-cast as long as they'll survive better. You don't *need* both up all the time (it'll just be a little rougher without them, and your other units are chunky enough they should survive by and large).
Any equip that resists fire/electric (like the rings) might help her too.

Thanks, grabbed the muscle belt and the recipe.

I have four Ludmilles - figured I would fold two into each other to get two dualcasts out of the bunch.

I have a White Knight Noel, six starred at about lvl 60 with double the HP of Krile. I benched him though due to his natural -50% weakness to fire, he was managing to fall before anyone else.

evangd007

My team for doing Pro:
[IMG]

Should I focus all my energy to my team of Ludmilles to get a high enough TM to get Refia dualcast or focus my energy to leveling up my lvl 1 5 star Cerius until he gets dualcast, to replace Krile?[/QUOTE]

Unequip Shiva first. I think this team could work if you dropped a DPS for a tank. Does your Golem know Provoke? I'll also echo Niahak and say that +% HP equips and materia can help Krile survive. It allowed my squishy Faris survive Dark Fina.

Shouta

Hi guys, big noob in need of some basic help I can't seem to find an answer for or FAQ probably because it's so easy they didn't think it needed an explanation.

Am I too early in the game or is it not possible to dual wield? (Weapon in each hand) I heard Zidane and Yun had it but I might be mistaken. When does it happen? Or am I too early for the skill to be unlocked? Any advice on this or leveling input?

Dual-Wield is an ability some characters get innately as they level up or it's an ability you can equip to via materia. Zidane's Trust Master is Dual-Wield, when you get that to 100% you'll get the materia for it which then can be equip to anyone you want. Zidane doesn't get Dual-Wield himself though as asinine as it is. Yun is a single-wield but can be be equipped with Dual-Wield when you get it.

Lyrian: That Axe and others like it will be much more common going forward. So don't be surprised, lol.

Fantomex

Dual-Wield is an ability some characters get innately as they level up or it's an ability you can equip to via materia. Zidane's Trust Master is Dual-Wield, when you get that to 100% you'll get the materia for it which then can be equip to anyone you want. Zidane doesn't get Dual-Wield himself though as asinine as it is. Yun is a single-wield but can be be equipped with Dual-Wield when you get it.

Lyrian: That Axe and others like it will be much more common going forward. So don't be surprised, lol.

Thanks for the info. Is there a website any of you can recommend for a noob like myself that will talk down to me, I actually need that lol.

tariniel

I can't believe my pull luck lately, I haven't even got the 3* banner unit, and haven't seen a yellow crystal in at least 2 weeks. Starting to get really annoyed with it.

Shouta

O really? Guess they were wrong.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5r7mx4/jp_nico_livestream_14_13117/

Btw did you guys get the 10 free summons we got for LNY?

I got 10 tickets yes. Dunno if it was LNY though because I forgot to read the mail, lol.

Thanks for the info. Is there a website any of you can recommend for a noob like myself that will talk down to me, I actually need that lol.

The Exvius Wiki has information but you can also just ask in this thread for info.

Pachimari

I made a list of my units to have an overview of it all:

3cLly8U.png

212iIob.png

I'm thinking if there's other data that could be useful having there in my Excel document. And I guess the high-tier, work-in-progress and maxed out units are the ones I should be working on.

I was told it was definitely worth levelling up Zidane in here, when I thought of not doing it.

That's his trust master.......not him. You TM farm to level the trust master reward (it will level the character as well). Zidane has Dual Wield TM, one of the best TM's in the game that allows you to wield two weapons. You are new and you need to focus on actually leveling your units and progressing the game. TM farming is something you can look into later once you have a better understanding of the game.

IMO your squad needs to be Luneth, Ace, ExDeath, Cecil, Lenna. Rain can fit in there when you need a breaker or can possibly replace Ace since you don't have the necessary TM's to make Ace really shine.

Pachimari

I see. So TM for Zidane, not the actual levelling. I just levelled up Cecil to lvl 25. I assume I'll use him as a tank, and Lenna as my healer.

I was told it was definitely worth levelling up Zidane in here, when I thought of not doing it.

Look at the unit ratings in the playbook or even on ExviusWiki. The general rule of thumb is, if they don't have or will get 6* evos, they aren't worth leveling. Except when you don't have anything better. Thus, Lenna is worth using, but if you get Refia, replace her.

You're totally fine with Luneth, Ace, Exdeath, Cecil, and Lenna for now. Rain too. Maybe Ariana too if you want a magic-heavy team and want to chain -ga spells like crazy.

Lyrian

Interesting. So, in the future then, event items will be allowed to exceed early TM weapons/gear, presumably because of power creep inflation?

Alkez

Global Exclusive Randi ability? Very interesting. So, in the future, Global Randi will be superior to JP Randi in the future.

That's not necessarily true because we can't stack doublehanded like they can. I think that's part of the reason they buffed him.

Oh, people on Reddit said JPN got that as well. Well if not I'm not mad about the ticket thing.

I feel like we're out here solving mysteries and shit, trying to decipher all the misinformation from Reddit lol.

Maybe/hopefully we'll get some lapis next week then. Or maybe they want to have another global live stream first. Who knows.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You have a really solid setup already Pachimari - def. try to save up Lapis for kickass Lapis if possible. Since you will spend alot of time having to level and evolve the current units you already have.

Cecil
WoL
both Top Tier tanks - they will stay relevant for a long-ass time. WoL is getting his 6* version soon as well. So yeah you dont need another Tank.

Ex-Death and Luneth - Top Tier Mage and Phys. Damage dealer - so you are fine here as well.- Just need to 6* them and max level them to unlock their full potential - as in DualCast Black Magic and Dual Wield.

Garland will be a solid Phys. DMG dealer with a bunch of AoE Elemental Attacks once we get his 6* version - the same time WoL gets his. So if you have the resources later on you might wanna get him ready.

So yeah...Lenna as a healer is fine for now - but she isnt Top Tier anymore. So that would be a role you need to upgrade down the line - and hope to pull Refia or Luka down the line.

Fore Reference:
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Unit_Rankings

Shouta

Interesting. So, in the future then, event items will be allowed to exceed early TM weapons/gear, presumably because of power creep inflation?

Correct. The Sword of Loto is stronger than pretty much most TMs and it was a free event weapon. It also costed 300,000 gold and we had like 4 weeks to farm it though, lol.

That's not necessarily true because we can't stack doublehanded like they can. I think that's part of the reason they buffed him.

I feel like we're out here solving mysteries and shit, trying to decipher all the misinformation from Reddit lol.

Maybe/hopefully we'll get some lapis next week then. Or maybe they want to have another global live stream first. Who knows.

GL Randi could very well be better than JP Randi. It's important that you compare him to the game he's in rather than to each other.

Pachimari

You have a really solid setup already Pachimari - def. try to save up Lapis for kickass Lapis if possible. Since you will spend alot of time having to level and evolve the current units you already have.

Cecil
WoL
both Top Tier tanks - they will stay relevant for a long-ass time. WoL is getting his 6* version soon as well. So yeah you dont need another Tank.

Ex-Death and Luneth - Top Tier Mage and Phys. Damage dealer - so you are fine here as well.- Just need to 6* them and max level them to unlock their full potential - as in DualCast Black Magic and Dual Wield.

Garland will be a solid Phys. DMG dealer with a bunch of AoE Elemental Attacks once we get his 6* version - the same time WoL gets his. So if you have the resources later on you might wanna get him ready.

So yeah...Lenna as a healer is fine for now - but she isnt Top Tier anymore. So that would be a role you need to upgrade down the line - and hope to pull Refia or Luka down the line.

Fore Reference:
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Unit_Rankings

To be honest, for story content, you can probably just use Cecil as your healer and not level Lenna. Especially early on.

Alright, I'm gonna make a note on my document as to who can level up to 6* stars. I will surely use and work on those you have recommended. And go through the story.

Fantomex

So being I'm level 13, and just pulled a 3 star ExDeath. Is he just a placeholder for me right now, or will I use him for my endgame as well?

Shanlei91

Unequip Shiva first. I think this team could work if you dropped a DPS for a tank. Does your Golem know Provoke? I'll also echo Niahak and say that +% HP equips and materia can help Krile survive. It allowed my squishy Faris survive Dark Fina.

Ya, the Golem knows provoke. Would swapping out Dark Fina for White Knight Noel work?

Eh, couldn't beat Dark Fina on ELT either. :-(

I'm really happy this 85 damage axe is coming up with the new event. As someone who doesn't have any TM weapons this is a god send.
Bartz or ramza can put it to use.
Oooohh or Garland and wol when they get their 6*

Rootbeer

Banned
interesting info about the event gear power levels... that's great news.

relying so much on TM farming is a real drag in this game. I want the game to encourage me to play more, not run emulators and scripts every time I have free NRG

and every time they run an event and you look at the gear and go, "that's it?" it's disheartening. heh. so, I really look forward to opportunities to get better stuff

as far as I'm concerned, every farming event needs to have at least 1 or 2 things that would be useful to midrange players. Not just stuff that helps new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom