• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without knowing your equipment situation I'd run:

Cecil - Tank
Krile - healer/DC Bars/damage
Lenna - healer/Cheer
Vaan - Break/Focus
Best damage unit
Friend Noctis

If you don't want to use Krile you can split the Bars between two other units as you have no shortage of units that can equip Green Magic. I threw her in there because I don't know if Lenna can solo heal.

Also max out Rain.

thanks.
I dont have a lot of trust stuff. I have dual wield and Excalibur. Other weapons worth mentioning, Thorned maze...

I tried using Bartz with Excalibur and Dual Wield barrage... hardly made a dent on the boss, attack 450. Seems its as good as it gets for me. I do have a low lvl Chirizu, maybe worth getting her up to speed.
Yun is also good Attack I think but cant use Excalibur on him and Attack is unfortunately only 380 at best.

So its worth maxing out Rain? I just dont have enough cactuars... I have 70 but saved for Orlandu when I get him lol. Saved up tickets and everything for him. Need a good Attack unit.

Shouta

Event gear won't always be as powerful as the axe but it'll be close as well.

The Dragon Quest event not only had the Sword of Loto but also had a 78 attack sword with Demon Killer on it. That proved super useful for me during the Romancing Saga 3 raid. There's also a 78 damage sword with 30% petrify and 30% sleep, lol.

Sometimes it'll be better. The Monster Hunter raid gave us a 93 damage Earth element Katana.

udca

So being I'm level 13, and just pulled a 3 star ExDeath. Is he just a placeholder for me right now, or will I use him for my endgame as well?

He's one of the best mage and one of the best (if not the best) 3* unit you can pull. He surpasses quite a few base 5* units.

Alkez

GL Randi could very well be better than JP Randi. It's important that you compare him to the game he's in rather than to each other.

I didn't say he won't be though...I said it's not necessarily true that he will be. No one knows for certain how it's going to play out in global. Hell, with new abilities he could end up getting different enhancements as well. Nothing is certain. To say he will be better is a little presumptuous imo. That's all I was getting at.

Kouriozan

Well, Randi got his crazy buffs because very few use Double Hand on the Japanese server, and yet they can stack it.
Now imagine on a server where it's considered one of the worst materia.

Event gear won't always be as powerful as the axe but it'll be close as well.

The Dragon Quest event not only had the Sword of Loto but also had a 78 attack sword with Demon Killer on it. That proved super useful for me during the Romancing Saga 3 raid. There's also a 78 damage sword with 30% petrify and 30% sleep, lol.

Sometimes it'll be better. The Monster Hunter raid gave us a 93 damage Earth element Katana.

My thought process on this is they have to give better equipment via events as the game gets older otherwise what is the point? Obviously to offset that as new TM's come out those will also grow in power to compensate. For me farming TM's now is still well worth the effort as opposed to waiting 6 months for an equal or close weapon.

Chinner

Banned
Double hand should at least be in the same ballpark as duel wield. At least in Japan you can stack it.

In global though? Better than nothing, but trash compared to duel wield.

Syntsui

interesting info about the event gear power levels... that's great news.

relying so much on TM farming is a real drag in this game. I want the game to encourage me to play more, not run emulators and scripts every time I have free NRG

and every time they run an event and you look at the gear and go, "that's it?" it's disheartening. heh. so, I really look forward to opportunities to get better stuff

as far as I'm concerned, every farming event needs to have at least 1 or 2 things that would be useful to midrange players. Not just stuff that helps new players.
All events so far had useful gear for midrange players that don't farm TMs.

Valentus

I'm having trouble with ELT too.

My team for doing Pro:
iGymjIV.jpg

Krile is there for DC'ing Bar spells but she gets murdered in the first turn.

Should I focus all my energy to my team of Ludmilles to get a high enough TM to get Refia dualcast or focus my energy to leveling up my lvl 1 5 star Cerius until he gets dualcast, to replace Krile?

Well, with that HP is obvious that your poor krile will be slaughtered.

You need to give roles to your units and stick to a plan until end of battle.

First: All max 5 star units must have, MUST HAVE at least 3000 hp. Thats the base to think of survive the waves of attacks.

Your team is good. You can clear ELT with it but it need some build.

First Krile: Equip her survival edges (the dagger from FFZero event. If you dont have it, then equip her golden staff), 2 muscle belts, one HP+15% materia, and 2 HP+10% Materia (or any materia that gives you HP), and paralyna materia. Equip her carbuncle esper.

Krile's role in the battle: dualcast barfira and barthundara every 3 turns, and the other turns, dualcast cura or curaja (better cura for MP saving), and if Nian uses the attack that paralyzes, dualcast paralyna. Also the dualcast cura or paralyna you must combine it with dispel with Nian buffes himself.

Rain: Focus him in HP and DEF equip, only that. Equip him golem

His role in battle: Only undermine and throw healing items to other party members. Cast Provoke every time you want

Refia: HP and DEF equips. Equip Her a Jeweled ring for resistance to palsy

Her role: Embolden, Resurrection and healing.

Luneth and M.Fina: Heres the trick to end the battle fast because you wont win the HP race without a mana battery (like rosa and Noctis) and i WILL NOT RECOMEND to use a noctis friend. Because the damage will be disperse. The friend unit must be another Majin Fina.

Both Majin Finas only must cast Dystopia, for building her damage, and Luneth must cast Cut Through. And those 3 strikes must chain. Its only matter of practice but if you chain the dystopias (the easy part) with the cut through (the hard part), you can do good damage.

You have both units. You only must know how to use it and know the enemy patterns.

desverger

thanks.
I dont have a lot of trust stuff. I have dual wield and Excalibur. Other weapons worth mentioning, Thorned maze...

I tried using Bartz with Excalibur and Dual Wield barrage... hardly made a dent on the boss, attack 450. Seems its as good as it gets for me. I do have a low lvl Chirizu, maybe worth getting her up to speed.
Yun is also good Attack I think but cant use Excalibur on him and Attack is unfortunately only 380 at best.

So its worth maxing out Rain? I just dont have enough cactuars... I have 70 but saved for Orlandu when I get him lol. Saved up tickets and everything for him. Need a good Attack unit.

Max Rain, Yun and Chizuru. If you pulled some Xiaos this banner, you can use them to farm out a couple of Kaiser Knuckles for Yun, and give him the Dualwield. They are a wind element weapon, so you can use Bartz's Seeker Blade to debuff wind resistance.

Chizuru has Glint and Phantom Shadow (aoe), both of which are much better damage skills than Barrage.

Rain has a lot of buffs and breaks.. you'll definitely want him on your team.

You have good units already. People here bank too much on Orlandu, it'll be months when we finally get him and you still need to be able to pull him.. Most of us won't be getting him.

Rather focus on units that you can use now and that'll get you through events.

First: All max 5 star units must have, MUST HAVE at least 3000 hp. Thats the base to think of survive the waves of attacks.

First Krile: Equip her survival edges (the dagger from FFZero event. If you dont have it, then equip her golden staff), 2 muscle belts, one HP+15% materia, and 2 HP+10% Materia (or any materia that gives you HP), and paralyna materia. Equip her carbuncle esper.

Krile's role in the battle: dualcast barfira and barthundara every 3 turns, and the other turns, dualcast cura or curaja (better cura for MP saving), and if Nian uses the attack that paralyzes, dualcast paralyna. Also the dualcast cura or paralyna you must combine it with dispel with Nian buffes himself.

His role in battle: Only undermine and throw healing items to other party members. Cast Provoke every time you want

Luneth and M.Fina: Heres the trick to end the battle fast because you wont win the HP race without a mana battery (like rosa and Noctis) and i WILL NOT RECOMEND to use a noctis friend. Because the damage will be disperse. The friend unit must be another Majin Fina.

Both Majin Finas only must cast Dystopia, for building her damage, and Luneth must cast Cut Through. And those 3 strikes must chain. Its only matter of practice but if you chain the dystopias (the easy part) with the cut through (the hard part), you can do good damage.

You have both units. You only must know how to use it and know the enemy patterns.

Great guide. If one dont have Luneth or Refia though...

Shouta

I didn't say he won't be though...I said it's not necessarily true that he will be. No one knows for certain how it's going to play out in global. Hell, with new abilities he could end up getting different enhancements as well. Nothing is certain. To say he will be better is a little presumptuous imo. That's all I was getting at.

I know. I'm just saying the comparison needs to be done in regards to the game and not between the characters themselves. lol

Max Rain, Yun and Chizuru. If you pulled some Xiaos this banner, you can use them to farm out a couple of Kaiser Knuckles for Yun, and give him the Dualwield. They are a wind element weapon, so you can use Bartz's Seeker Blade to debuff wind resistance.

Chizuru has Glint and Phantom Shadow (aoe), both of which are much better damage skills than Barrage.

Rain has a lot of buffs and breaks.. you'll definitely want him on your team.

You have good units already. People here bank too much on Orlandu, it'll be months when we finally get him and you still need to be able to pull him.. Most of us won't be getting him.

Rather focus on units that you can use now and that'll get you through events.

I pulled a Xiao but only one.
Will max Rain then.

Valentus

Great guide. If one dont have Luneth or Refia though...

fuck luneth, he is not important here, he can be replaced.

But you must build your rain, and pot him. In hp, mp and def

He will be your best companion in adventures.

Cool, I'll make sure to level him up with my party. Thanks.

Watch GAF's unit ranking. Here you can have an overview of which 6 star unit is good, very good, and not so good.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Thanks! I was actually looking at one of your videos after my first wipe so I could understand the battle better, so this was really helpful.

udca

fuck luneth, he is not important here, he can be replaced.

But you must build your rain, and pot him. In hp, mp and def

He will be your best companion in adventures.

Watch GAF's unit ranking. Here you can have an overview of which 6 star unit is good, very good, and not so good.

Yeah I was just about to post this. Also be a bit patient with Ex-Death. He doesn't good spells until his mid 4* I believe, then he becomes pretty good. When he reaches his 6* form he becomes a monster though!

Valentus

Thanks! I was actually looking at one of your videos after my first wipe so I could understand the battle better, so this was really helpful.

Heres the video of my battle with nian beast

Please subscribe!

You can watch the way i use cerius you can use the same way your krile.

Rain you can use it the same way, but you need a way to refill your mp, because rain's skills are expensive and i use rosa for this porpuse

The way i use the exdeaths you can use your majin finas, adding the chaining cut through of luneth.

If you have any question please post it here. There are many good players here in ExviusGAF and we all want to help you and anybody to surpass all the trials.

Good Luck!

Pls Subscribe!

Alkez

I know. I'm just saying the comparison needs to be done in regards to the game and not between the characters themselves. lol

I agree. I only made the doublehand point to say it's not JP Randi + global skills therefore better. It's simply global Randi. He may be better or worse. Who knows right now.

evangd007

Ya, the Golem knows provoke. Would swapping out Dark Fina for White Knight Noel work?

Eh, couldn't beat Dark Fina on ELT either. :-(

If you want to use WKN he will need to equip both Flame Mail and a Flame Shield to mitigate his innate Fire weakness. More levels would help too, but looking at his kit you don't even need Provoke from Golem; Bring It On taunts and turns him into a brick wall for your other units. Hit that first turn and keep refreshing it when it expires and no other unit should ever take physical damage for the duration of the fight.

Valentus's tankless strategy can work too, but when I am working with squishy units I like to use a tank. Snow is my silent MVP and all he does is Provoke, Defend, Counter, and get hit in the face repeatedly.

thanks.

Don't bother saving the cactuars. Orlandu comes with a Mog King event. That'll be 100 gigantuars. Plus Rain as a story character requires less xp to level.

Do you have the Enhancer? Bartz dual wielding Enhancer and Excalibur should have a lot more ATK than 450. You using Hero Rings and have Ifrit at 2*? In any case I beat the fight by mostly relying on friend unit damage. Your big question mark is the healer slot.

If you want to use WKN he will need to equip both Flame Mail and a Flame Shield to mitigate his innate Fire weakness. More levels would help too, but looking at his kit you don't even need Provoke from Golem; Bring It On taunts and turns him into a brick wall for your other units. Hit that first turn and keep refreshing it when it expires and no other unit should ever take physical damage for the duration of the fight.

Valentus's tankless strategy can work too, but when I am working with squishy units I like to use a tank. Snow is my silent MVP and all he does is Provoke, Defend, Counter, and get hit in the face repeatedly.

Don't bother saving the cactuars. Orlandu comes with a Mog King event. That'll be 100 gigantuars. Plus Rain as a story character requires less xp to level.

Do you have the Enhancer? Bartz dual wielding Enhancer and Excalibur should have a lot more ATK than 450. You using Hero Rings and have Ifrit at 2*? In any case I beat the fight by mostly relying on friend unit damage. Your big question mark is the healer slot.

I do have Enhancer too yes. I dont have Ifrit LVL 2 yet.. but its close need some more megacryst

EDarkness

Decided to do a couple of pulls for the day.

Free summon: Blue -> Locke (one more Rising Sun)
Ticket pull: Gold -> LING!

Woot! Got Ling, so I can stop pulling on this banner. Will probably do a couple pulls on the next banner to see what I can get. Two of the three characters look cool. Not sure I NEED either of them, though.

Congrats to everyone who got Yun! Good to see folks getting lucky with this banner.

udca

For those who can use my Yun, if you fullbreak, imperil and deprotect the beast (on exploration PRO) as well as use embolden, you can 1 shot it with Yun's limit break. It's a lot debuffs, but if you're having a hard time, it should help.

Pachimari

I awoke my Dangerous Ariana to 6*, now I just need to level her from 1>100.

I'm thinking of buying the Adamantite Chest of Prosperity...

Pachimari

I'm working on him too, but unfortunately I don't know materials I need and how to get them. It just shows 5 question marks and probably the name of the item underneath but I haven't come across them yet.

I'll put her on the back burner.

Those materials come from events. So the Mog king event we will have for Secret of Mana starting on Friday will have them you can purchase and the daily Nian Beast vortex has a chest with some in it that changes every day.

I'm working on him too, but unfortunately I don't know materials I need and how to get them. It just shows 5 question marks and probably the name of the item underneath but I haven't come across them yet.

I'll put her on the back burner.

Now that I think about it her mats are not the same mats required for other 6*'s I forgot that so my bad. This was actually not a bad thing you did, actually a rather smart one as the event is ending tomorrow I believe but DO NOT level her as that exp should be spent on Luneth who will carry you to victory.

Post your ID, will see if I can free up a slot to add you and help out.

GAF, I'm jealous of all your super TM units. I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I have 3 Cecil's in my earth shrine runs crew. I can combine two and use 8 trust moogles to get the EXCALIBUR!!!! I'll leave the other Cecil for a second Excalibur someday. The only other important TMs I have are dual wield and dual cast. Should Excalibur be the next big TM to go after?

GAF, I'm jealous of all your super TM units. I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I have 3 Cecil's in my earth shrine runs crew. I can combine two and use 8 trust moogles to get the EXCALIBUR!!!! I'll leave the other Cecil for a second Excalibur someday. The only other important TMs I have are dual wield and dual cast. Should Excalibur be the next big TM to go after?

Spend your moogles on Dual Wield. Spend everything on Dual Wield. It's hands down the best TM in the game and can make mediocre units with mediocre equipment awesome.

Seriously.

Pachimari

Those materials come from events. So the Mog king event we will have for Secret of Mana starting on Friday will have them you can purchase and the daily Nian Beast vortex has a chest with some in it that changes every day.
I should try look into this then, as Luneth should be my priority. I've never tried the movie king and have only played the nian beast vortex once. Guess now is a good time to invest in them.

Now that I think about it her mats are not the same mats required for other 6*'s I forgot that so my bad. This was actually not a bad thing you did, actually a rather smart one as the event is ending tomorrow I believe but DO NOT level her as that exp should be spent on Luneth who will carry you to victory.

Post your ID, will see if I can free up a slot to add you and help out.

That's what I thought. To get it over with before her event ends.

My ID: 457.166.503

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Decided to daily today, Seven it is.

And another day, another meltdown of people crying over Gumi not giving them tickets, when it turned out it was for the Nico Stream. LOL.

Get a minimum of two excals for elemental chaining, personally I'm working on my 3rd. Hell I may even get 4.. You will thank us later. Personally speaking I'd only use TM on game changing TM's. Dual Wield, Blade Master, Genji Glove, etc. Let others chime in before doing anything.

I have acquired Dual wield and Dual cast already.

I do have another zidane and ludnille for a second set of them eventually. I really feel like I should build up a super powerful unit at this point though.

My current earth shrine party is, 3 Cecil's, 1 zidane, 1 ludmille. If I use the two Cecil's to get Excalibur right now I'm going to put 2 chizurus in there as replacements.

I have acquired Dual wield and Dual cast already.

I do have another zidane and ludnille for a second set of them eventually. I really feel like I should build up a super powerful unit at this point though.

My current earth shrine party is, 3 Cecil's, 1 zidane, 1 ludmille. If I use the two Cecil's to get Excalibur right now I'm going to put 2 chizurus in there as replacements.

Throw that other Zidane and the Cecils into a party and TM farm your ass off. What other units do you have? If you have to great 5 or 6* dps. Noct, Gilga, Yun, etc. give them the second dual wield and go to town. What are your top 3 dps weapons?

Throw that other Zidane and the Cecils into a party and TM farm your ass off. What other units do you have? If you have to great 5 or 6* dps. Noct, Gilga, Yun, etc. give them the second dual wield and go to town. What are your top 3 dps weapons?

I don't have Noctis, Gil or yun. My current dual wield is equipped to my CoD. But see, the problem is my highest attack weapons are my Shining Splendors and Thorned Mace. High 70 attack gear. It's just weak sauce. This is why I want that Excalibur. I don't even have that many good weapons to make use of a second dual wield at this point. In fact putting a second dual wielder on my team doesn't seem necessary for me. My A team tends to be Lightning, Luneth, Cecil, Refia, ExDeath.

Double checked my highest damage weapon, its my Enchancer at 82 attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom