• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandte

Everybody had troll pulls. Cheer up buddy. Youll get an awesome unit soon.

Decided to ragepull jpn. 40 pulls later i have an onion knight...it's something. I really should start using that account.

And thanks Darkness. I would be happy to trade a fang...or two.

CCIE

Banned
I agree Valentus, my setup is just fine. It's all about the TM's at this point. And it will get better with time. I'm not complaining - just saying an F2P player probably won't have a lot of 5* base characters. Unless lucky

tuffymon

Seeing the other side is tempting... would be fun pulling god knows who /shrug... probably make my account look terrible and make me hate life though.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It's pretty hard for me to feel sorry for people who have a 5* unit, when a lot don't.

There are some people out there with shit luck having to survive on Buttz and CoD.

Kouriozan

Just checked and looks like I got all I wanted from the event, even grabbed the 30k moogle.
The 70k one isn't NRG efficient right? I can just go back to TM farming and finally do the last 3 trials.

Edit : forgot to pick up the cheap 6* mats.

EDarkness

It's pretty hard for me to feel sorry for people who have a 5* unit, when a lot don't.

There are some people out there with shit luck having to survive on Buttz and CoD.

Heh, heh. There's nothing wrong with CoD. I think she's pretty bad ass. I just need someone to compliment her. It would have been awesome if they allowed Maxwell to go to 6*. I wouldn't even have to worry about anyone if that were the case. I have Bartz, but leveling him up has been a serious pain in the ass. I'm not even sure he's worth bothering with at 6*, to be honest. CoD has been the MvP of my band of merry men. I just wish her weapon selection was better. She'll get dual wield sometime soon, though. I'm looking forward to that! I'm going to try to take out the plant for the mace once this event is over and everyone goes back to their regular characters instead of pushing Lightning and other FFXIII characters.

Having another strong damage dealer would make things much better for me.

Syntsui

Having more than one Lightning on PvP should be banned forever, this shit is beyond ridiculous.

I won't get to the 3k best because of these fucking stacked teams, huh.

I'd rather fight and entire Cecil team than her.

Kouriozan

Do you think the Christmas event will be a King Mog one?
It's very likely but I wonder what exploration event we'll get Friday, Dark Fina/Luka/Elle/(Mercedes) banner is the most likely?

Muku

WTF in middle of playing and get told there is a new version. PLZ LETS JUST KEEP UDPATING FOR NO REASON IN MIDDLE OF DAY

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Heh, heh. There's nothing wrong with CoD. I think she's pretty bad ass. I just need someone to compliment her. It would have been awesome if they allowed Maxwell to go to 6*. I wouldn't even have to worry about anyone if that were the case. I have Bartz, but leveling him up has been a serious pain in the ass. I'm not even sure he's worth bothering with at 6*, to be honest. CoD has been the MvP of my band of merry men. I just wish her weapon selection was better. She'll get dual wield sometime soon, though. I'm looking forward to that! I'm going to try to take out the plant for the mace once this event is over and everyone goes back to their regular characters instead of pushing Lightning and other FFXIII characters.

That's what I mean, nothing is wrong with them. They aren't as strong as a base 5*, but not a damn thing wrong with them

bonkeng

WTF in middle of playing and get told there is a new version. PLZ LETS JUST KEEP UDPATING FOR NO REASON IN MIDDLE OF DAY

What version are you on? Amazon perhaps? I keep reading that Gumi haven't really fixed the iap for the Amazon version.

To be honest, CoD is one of my most used unit too, Arena or PvE.

In Arena, I prefer using CoD over a 2nd Lightning. Just because she can equip Thorn Mace and Golem Staff, plus having multiple maneater, she's dealing AoE 999x2 with Darkside plus petrifying the other team quite often.

In PvE, her Comeback is too good for bosses who hits you with negative status.

She'll be beastly once you have Dual Wield and Thorn Mace on her.

forgrim

Mind you I don't roll often but I've had one rainbow since softlaunch.

Which was Ramzaaaaaaaa. on the luneth banner.

My singing bot will come to fruition after enhancements.

One thing bothering me is i've pulled dailies for both ffxiii banners and still have not a single banner unit.

Muku

What version are you on? Amazon perhaps? I keep reading that Gumi haven't really fixed the iap for the Amazon version.

To be honest, CoD is one of my most used unit too, Arena or PvE.

In Arena, I prefer using CoD over a 2nd Lightning. Just because she can equip Thorn Mace and Golem Staff, plus having multiple maneater, she's dealing AoE 999x2 with Darkside plus petrifying the other team quite often.

In PvE, her Comeback is too good for bosses who hits you with negative status.

She'll be beastly once you have Dual Wield and Thorn Mace on her.

iOS actually. Eating dinner and doing my dailies and finished up an exploration. Went to run my story missions next and BAM. Big ugly message on mah screen telling me to update. Like you know, I was somehow not just playing.

Just one free Summoning Ticket as compensation.

AMAZON FAVORTISM?!

Gumi likes giving out tickets. Yall can gives us more. Some of us still need Lightning. LOL

bonkeng

iOS actually. Eating dinner and doing my dailies and finished up an exploration. Went to run my story missions next and BAM. Big ugly message on mah screen telling me to update. Like you know, I was somehow not just playing.

Hahahaha. At least you're not in the Arena with a very long streak. That would've been a bummer.

tuffymon

Arena is just a festering cesspool of terribleness... Anyone notice that the 30-90k weekly lost the King pot as a reward? Only top 30k get that now...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- Agree on arena. Something isn't right but still can't put my finger on it.

-- Thanks iOS fucksup, got a nice fricken GILBERT

-- purchased lapis 24 hours ago in something of a half drunk rage and still don't have it. mad about that. probably gonna drop it on a 11 pull the moment i get it.

Muku

Arena is just a festering cesspool of terribleness... Anyone notice that the 30-90k weekly lost the King pot as a reward? Only top 30k get that now...

I just find Arena to be terrible in general this week. But not surprised. They're working us into certain levels to get certain things. Think they were previously carrots on strings.

Unfortunately, I have to work and all, and Arena seems like a job unto itself.

tuffymon

I just find Arena to be terrible in general this week. But not surprised. They're working us into certain levels to get certain things. Think they were previously carrots on strings.

Unfortunately, I have to work and all, and Arena seems like a job unto itself.

As long as the 90k tier keeps putting out a Trust Moogle, they can do what they want~ I'll keep doing 5 runs a day just for the 40 lapis.

Used the ticket from the ios downtime. Saw a blue crystal but it turned gold and then rainbow. Lightning popped out to make it 1 Lightning and 0 Fangs in 11 pulls this banner. Still probably doesn't make up the amount I spent chasing my first Gilgamesh.

EDarkness

I updated my iOS app and it presented me with a ticket. I used the ticket to see if I could get Fang. Unfortunately the system doesn't like me and I ended up with my first Hayate. I guess it's not too bad since the Black Cowl would be a nice piece for my CoD.

Eventually the RNG Gods will bless me with either a banner unit or a base 5* character! Someday....

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Played a bit around with rerolling, they definitely changed the system.

In 24 rolls, only 3 trash pulls. Every Yellow was a 4* unit, and I got copies of a lot of nice 3* units. I really don't have any issue with the system now. I think it's great and fair with the fix. Still shouldn't chase rainbows, but actually getting solid units rather than another Bedile is great.

Which reminds me, I haven't seen a Bedile or Analzem in a while. They hang on me like shit to walls

Muku

So, I couldn't help myself. I used 4 tickets. 2 of them were blue that went to gold. 1 of them was straight up gold. And the other was blue.

Blue - Galuf
asshat gonna be an asshat
Gold - Sazh (update from my blue one)
Gold - Hope (New!)
Gold - Vanille (New!)

Fuck, I just want Lightning. I own like all from this banner but Snow and Lightning. /cry

I agree Valentus, my setup is just fine. It's all about the TM's at this point. And it will get better with time. I'm not complaining - just saying an F2P player probably won't have a lot of 5* base characters. Unless lucky

I may have never pulled any Base 5*s, but I feel like I still have a solid roster as well.

My current team is 6* Cecil, 6* CoD, 6* Exdeath, 6* Refia, 5* Vaan. I also use BCL when Hex's status effects are useful or I need an all Physical team.

I have 6 TMs: Dual Wield, Dual Cast, Excalibur, Sakurafubiki, Barrage and Meteor.
I'm working on: DW #2, 2x Rising Sun, Blade Mastery and Doublehand.

Vaan will be swapped for 6* Rain when his upgrade hits (pretty soon, right?). I am also working on leveling Bartz (only 4* atm) to take BCL's secondary P.DPS role. Besides those, I have Chizuru, 2x Firion, 2x Garland, Maxwell, Gaffgarion and Tilith awaiting their upgrades.

Lyrian

Ok.gif?

Serious question: How hard is it really to get 30,000th place? To me, that seems like that should be not that hard with anything over minimal daily participation in the arena?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Some notes for you all chasing Lightning, it's better to invest more into banners that have worthwhile units as a whole.

Hope and Fang sadly aren't those.

Looking a bit into the future, we're not going to have a great banner for a while, like the FFV and FFIII banners were. Ones like Orlandu are solely meant for him. And the sort of decent ones like the M.Fina, do lack of the dominating unit like him, but are overall solid. Same with the FFII banner. Maybe better to do one of those. :p

Hope we get another facebook banner for the New Years

Muku

Some notes for you all chasing Lightning, it's better to invest more into banners that have worthwhile units as a whole.

Looking a bit into the future, we're not going to have a great banner for a while, like the FFV and FFIII banners were. Ones like Orlandu are solely meant for him. And the sort of decent ones like the M.Fina, do lack of the dominating unit like him, but are overall solid. Same with the FFII banner. Maybe better to do one of those. :p

I agree. However, it's been a benefit for characters to farm for these gears. Normally I can't get a banner character to save my life to run in my own group and usually have to run a guest only bonus character. I'm enjoying my gear boost. I can't complain. But yeah, if it's only for Lightning, I'm going to agree.

When do you reckon next great banner will be?

H3xum

Didn't they do like 3 player banners for Christmas in JP?

tuffymon

Ok.gif?

Serious question: How hard is it really to get 30,000th place? To me, that seems like that should be not that hard with anything over minimal daily participation in the arena?

I do a minimum of 5 a day, sometimes as many as 10, I'm like 47k right now... /shrug

Muku

Great banner? Either a special holiday one or if not, FFX....a few months away

I dunno, you think a special holiday one will? Halloween was eh. Ended up with BLC and VLC Fina. Wasn't too enthused about any of them though really.

H3xum

I dunno, you think a special holiday one will? Halloween was eh. Ended up with BLC and VLC Fina. Wasn't too enthused about any of them though really.

I was thinking more along the lines of fan votes instead of unique global units

Celegus

At this point I'd be just as happy with getting Zidane #2 as a Lightning or whatever else. I can just ride the F2P dream of a team full of Firions with all the TMs I've managed to get when he upgrades.

Muku

I was thinking more along the lines of fan votes instead of unique global units

Oh now that I can get behind. The last FB one was rocking. I wanted Chizuru but didn't get her. But I got my CoD from that event. Made that whole event for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom