• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Hexum - it's different when it is your own unit... I'm burning lapis to get my Lightning I've had since the start all TM'ed up. I'd like to be able to give back to the community
Congrats!

Rootbeer

Banned
Need help deciding on what unit to work on next. Just got Luneth to 100 and got Bartz to 6* lvl 61... I also have two 4* Chiz and was thinking of starting to work on them since the 6* for her might be soon. I feel like I should spend my gigantaurs on Chiz to start getting her ready rather than maxing Bartz as I'm not really using him atm (just wanted him to reach 6* so I can work on him gradually over time)... I also have a 3* Zidane (I'll work on his TM at some point but since I have two native DW users it doesn't seem worth it right now), 3* Firion (who I know will be boss later, but apparently his upgrade is far off?)

So, outside of TM farming, should I start getting Chiz ready for 6* How good is her 6* form if I already have some other powerful attackers such as Lightning, Luneth, Bartz and CoD?

Menchi

Awesome Stuff

Thanks, I appreciate the advice there, will take it on board and pretty glad to know I won't need 2 Rising Sun heh.

On the note of Maxwell TM, I didn't manage to get her during the event, are we likely to get another chance at that when they do the next BF event?

Vamphuntr

I need GAF assistance in which character to use. I had stopped playing after content output slowed down. Beat the second island and nothing new was coming out. Came back and burned lapis for the FFT event (3 x 11) got nothing worthwhile so I was pissed off. Started playing again and had a ton of free summon ticket (32). Now I have the following :

Vaan
Leo
Fang (lol) Pulled her 7 times out of 32 free pulls
Mustadio
Shantotto
Edge
Celes
Vivi
Zidane
Rydia
Exdeath
Freya
Bartz
Firion
Edgar
Galuf
Sabin
Kefka
Maria
Roselia
Fran
Sabin
Locke
Golbez
Cyan
Shadow
Penelo
And ton of trash

During the pull today I got Bartz, Exdeath, Zidane , Golbez, Roselia and Kefka. I already was using Vaan, Leo, Shantotto, Celes and Fina so they are maxed out. Looking at the rankings I should work on Bartz and Exdeath and replace Fina with Roselia. What's the quickest way to level them up outside of solo EXP vortex. Then I proceed to dump moogles on Zidane for the TM reward? Oh and don't laugh I was working on Fang lol.

I need GAF assistance in which character to use. I had stopped playing after content output slowed down. Beat the second island and nothing new was coming out. Came back and burned lapis for the FFT event (3 x 11) got nothing worthwhile so I was pissed off. Started playing again and had a ton of free summon ticket (32). Now I have the following :

Vaan
Leo
Mustadio
Shantotto
Edge
Celes
Vivi
Zidane
Rydia
Exdeath
Freya
Bartz
Firion
Edgar
Galuf
Sabin
Kefka
Maria
Roselia
Fran
Sabin
Locke
Golbez
Cyan
Shadow
Penelo
And ton of trash

During the pull today I got Bartz, Exdeath, Zidane , Golbez, Roselia and Kefka. I already was using Vaan, Leo, Shantotto, Celes and Fina so they are maxed out. Looking at the rankings I should work on Bartz and Exdeath and replace Fina with Roselia. What's the quickest way to level them up outside of solo EXP vortex. Then I proceed to dump moogles on Zidane for the TM reward? Oh and don't laugh I was working on Fang lol.

Bartz
Leo
Exdeath
Vaan/Fang
Fina/Roselia

Fang is a legit good DPS unit that you can build up to be the strongest out of all your units really fast through the event so dont hate

Shes only being dismissed now because most people have 6 star units. She will be your second best DPS next to maxxed out Bartz assuming you gear her up

She can be your strongest unit really quickly if you farm the current event and get her spear and some of her Attacker materias

For the future get Firion ready. His 6 star is coming soon and will be the replacement for Fang. Mustadio and Rydia are also good options to build up but not overly important when you have Vaan and Exdeath

Yes... All moogles into Zidane

Vamphuntr

Bartz
Leo
Exdeath
Vaan/Fang
Fina/Roselia

Fang is a legit good DPS unit that you can build up to be the strongest out of all your units really fast through the event so dont hate

Shes only being dismissed not because most people have 6 star units. She will be your second best DPS next to maxxed out Bartz assuming you gear her up

She can be your strongest unit really quickly if you farm the current event and get her spear and some of her Attacker materias

For the future get Firion ready. His 6 star is coming soon and will be the replacement for Fang. Mustadio and Rydia are also good options to build up but not overly important when you have Vaan and Exdeath

Yes... All moogles into Zidane

Thanks a lot for the tips! Fang is already 5* so I will keep using her for a while. And now to grind Bartz and Exdeath! Had no idea Firion had a 6* soon. Seems like acquiring materials for this is a pain the ass though. Best way is still solo vortex to get exp?

Thanks a lot for the tips! Fang is already 5* so I will keep using her for a while. And now to grind Bartz and Exdeath! Had no idea Firion had a 6* soon. Seems like acquiring materials for this is a pain the ass though. Best way is still solo vortex to get exp?

the event is where its at right now

but you likely wont be able to clear ELT

Many of the high end lightnings here can carry you through pro. Bring Fang and Friend lightning and farm the Pro event.

Add your name and ID here and pick up all the great Lightnings in this thread

Valentus

Thanks, I appreciate the advice there, will take it on board and pretty glad to know I won't need 2 Rising Sun heh.

On the note of Maxwell TM, I didn't manage to get her during the event, are we likely to get another chance at that when they do the next BF event?

Probably in 6 months when we hit tilith 6star evo and vargas gacha.

Also, in JP there was a new year's promotion that for 10.000 lapi you can get 3 rainbow crystals (not guarantee any base 5stars. You can end with a 5star galuf, 5star alma and 5star Sahz) and a ATK+30% materia. So if that is coming to global as well... i can say the atk+30% is worth the 10.000 lapis.

Vaan
Leo
Mustadio
Shantotto
Edge
Celes
Vivi
Zidane
Rydia
Exdeath
Freya
Bartz
Firion
Edgar
Galuf
Sabin
Kefka
Maria
Roselia
Fran
Sabin
Locke
Golbez
Cyan
Shadow
Penelo
And ton of trash

today there is cactuar dunes. I suggest you spend lapis in refill and make only runs of the cactuar dunes. You can end with 0-3 cactuars and 1-3 gigantuars per run.

With the units you have, you can make a good team in 2 weeks

Bartz (support, damage dealer with gale barrage)
Exdeath (Magic damage, W-Magic and meteor sweetness)
Krile (you dont have one? Her 5star evo is AMAZING. Dualcast Curaja and she can equip shields)
Rain (in 2-3 weeks the majin fina batch comes out with Rain and Chizuru upgrade to 6star, and rain 6star is a solid support character, with fullbreak and Leadership (+40% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR to all your units, so with that you dont need a mandatory cheer healer like lenna and refia)
Bartz 2 (you dont have much damage dealers, so it would be a good plan leveling 2 bartz so you can have a solid offense)

So i suggest today you stack cactuars for your units, specially for Rain.

Rixa

12.12 JP BE maintenance. Some nice stuff, we may get these in may or may be global gets them before may.

Reddit JP BE said:
Changes:

Repeat button will carry to other battles.
Gacha screen split into two tabs: Lapis / "Free".
Unit Library now shows the series that they were from.
Added "Give Up" option when you restart the app in the middle of a fight.
Other minor changes.
Bugfixes:

Fixed app crash in arena when the player ends turn 10/10 with Regen/Refresh/Poison status.
(which results in restarting the fight from scratch when you restart)
Fixed issue with pop-up/acquisition of items gained from crafting.
(Alcryst, Exceed mats etc)
Fixed MP not being recovered when hit by an elemental attack that drains MP for units that have Elemental absorption. (?)
Fixed 1/2 Stam appearing on Raid quests.

Or may be not in global.

Probably in 6 months when we hit tilith 6star evo and vargas gacha.

Also, in JP there was a new year's promotion that for 10.000 lapi you can get 3 rainbow crystals (not guarantee any base 5stars. You can end with a 5star galuf, 5star alma and 5star Sahz) and a ATK+30% materia. So if that is coming to global as well... i can say the atk+30% is worth the 10.000 lapis.

today there is cactuar dunes. I suggest you spend lapis in refill and make only runs of the cactuar dunes. You can end with 0-3 cactuars and 1-3 gigantuars per run.

With the units you have, you can make a good team in 2 weeks

Bartz (support, damage dealer with gale barrage)
Exdeath (Magic damage, W-Magic and meteor sweetness)
Krile (you dont have one? Her 5star evo is AMAZING. Dualcast Curaja and she can equip shields)
Rain (in 2-3 weeks the majin fina batch comes out with Rain and Chizuru upgrade to 6star, and rain 6star is a solid support character, with fullbreak and Leadership (+40% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR to all your units, so with that you dont need a mandatory cheer healer like lenna and refia)
Bartz 2 (you dont have much damage dealers, so it would be a good plan leveling 2 bartz so you can have a solid offense)

So i suggest today you stack cactuars for your units, specially for Rain.

Yeah didnt think about this

But he may not have cleared the event cactuars either

But dunes is only here for the rest of today

Malakhov

Banned
Very busy weekend but look at the daily I've gotten guys.

Crystal rainbow!

SNyDGZX.jpg

Rainbows were extremely rare for me, but I have gotten 4 in the last 3 days and 3 of them were trolls...Chizuru, Agrias and Firion.

I can't complain though, I've wanted Chiz since I've started playing. I wanted that blade mastery badly.

Rixa

Rainbows were extremely rare for me, but I have gotten 4 in the last 3 days and 3 of them were trolls...Chizuru, Agrias and Firion.

I wouldn't say any of them being trolls. Only Rainbows that ain't base 5*. Actually quite good Rainbows. So huge gratz.

My first Rainbow was troll (dupe Golbez). This week I got daily Snow Rainbow, he wasn't troll either.

Malakhov

Banned
I wouldn't say any of them being trolls. Only Rainbows that ain't base 5*. Actually quite good Rainbows. So huge gratz.

My first Rainbow was troll (dupe Golbez). This week I got daily Snow Rainbow, he wasn't troll either.
For me, any rainbows that isnt a base 5 is a troll. As rare as they are, they SHOULD be a base 5 stars. Same with yellows. Some people here haven't seen a rainbow since they've started playing, and they'd end up with a base 4 stars? That's just wrong, extremely wrong.

Two ways to see it I guess.

Syntsui

You have to be extremely optimistic to see a rainbow non 5* base as a non troll.

That said my only one so far was the very first one, Xiao. Not even the most optimistic person would be happy with that :p

Very busy weekend but look at the daily I've gotten guys.

Crystal rainbow!

I can't complain though, I've wanted Chiz since I've started playing. I wanted that blade mastery badly.

Far from trolls. All 3 get 6*'s and are very good. Agrias turns into mini Orlandu, Firion when built properly turns into quite the dps powerhouse, chiz 6* is good dps as well. COULD there have been better units to come out of your rainbows? Absolutely. COULD there have been much worse that came out of those rainbows? ABSOLUTELY! These 3 units are units that will have to cook in the oven a little while longer to reach their full potential.

Malakhov

Banned
You have to be extremely optimistic to see a rainbow non 5* base as a non troll.

That said my only one so far was the very first one, Xiao. Not even the most optimistic person would be happy with that :p
Yikes, I feel for you :/

Far from trolls. All 3 get 6*'s and are very good. Agrias turns into mini Orlandu, Firion when built properly turns into quite the dps powerhouse, chiz 6* is good dps as well. COULD there have been better units to come out of your rainbows? Absolutely. COULD there have been much worse that came out of those rainbows? ABSOLUTELY! These 3 units are units that will have to cook in the oven a little while longer to reach their full potential.
Like I said, two ways to see it. In JP when you pull a rainbow, it's a base 5 stars so however we try to turn it around here, we're getting screwed and being trolled.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Like I said, two ways to see it. In JP when you pull a rainbow, it's a base 5 stars so however we try to turn it around here, we're getting screwed and being trolled.

They had worse rates and harder content, till the crystal change.

So while you're saying we're being screwed, they didn't even get that change till Trance Terra. While we're receiving units a month or two above the content, improved versions of past events, and since it does seem like the 3* change is true. Improved rates. We are well ahead of them in the current spot with benefits.

For all the bitching there was on the FFXIII event, they didn't have bonus, they didn't have half the items available, nor did they have the majority of the characters to make it as easy as it was. Gumi has done a pretty solid job listening and adjusting for the benefit of the players.

And on Rainbow Crystals, I understand it's not the unit you want, but Getting Firion, Chizzy, and Agrias is a fantastic draw. In Comparison to true troll units like Rak or Duane

Zalasta

How do you decide which dupes to keep if you fed one with stat pots but have been building the LB for another? I just realized I've been giving my 6 star Exdeath MAG pots but I have a 3 star with level 8 LB. Then I have a 3rd 6 star Exdeath, should I even bother to max him out?

eggydoo

Just want to say thanks to everyone here for helping out the newbs. The tips and advice made me advance in this game so much faster than I would've done by myself and browsing through reddit etc.

Got my first max 6 star character and currently working on others and TM farming.

Malakhov

Banned
And on Rainbow Crystals, I understand it's not the unit you want, but Getting Firion, Chizzy, and Agrias is a fantastic draw. In Comparison to true troll units like Rak or Duane
Glass half full or half empty is the case here. We'll have to agree to disagree!

I can care less about agrias and firion on 4 10+1 pulls and a douzain of tickets when it's the best thing to come out of it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Firion troll pull ? His 6* version is one of the Top units in the JP meta right now.

Everyone is entitled to feel someway about their pulls - but Chiz, Firion and Grias are amazing pulls....especially if they are non dupes. Then again if you spend alot or did a bunch of multipulls i can see not getting any base 5* as disappointment.

Context is def. important. We dont want new players toll sell their Firions because they are being called troll pulls lol.

Alkez

Trust moogle get!

Man I can't believe how they've turned this around. Last week (Friday to Monday grinding) I had all the tickets except the expensive ones and all the gigantuars. When I read about the lightning bonus I was going to wait till Friday to grind out gears for the cheap 6* mats as I really needed them. In less than 3 days I've managed to get the mats, the expensive tickets, and the moogle that I thought was completely out of range (and I'm talking about the 30k one here). Crazy. I tip my hat to you Gumi.

Is there anything else I should be picking up? Planning to get the phoenix downs, elixers, and screamroots and then return to tm grinding unless I should be going after anything else.

Rixa

Is there anything else I should be picking up? Planning to get the phoenix downs, elixers, and screamroots and then return to tm grinding unless I should be going after anything else.

Iam going to grab the mats for that Fist weapon (forgot name) and bake it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Know what I want to see next week?

MAZE. Maze with FFBE banner and upgrades to Rain and Chizzy chan would be fantastic.

c-murph

I wanna see nothing so that I can focus on TM's instead of other shit. Maze would be fine but no events please Lord.

Pretty sure they're going to have something big running for both Xmas and New years.

Im baking Aegis shield now, and then Melody of Life a d finally Minerva bustier.

After that ill start baking hp+30 materias

Man, you finish TMs faster than humanly possible.

These exist?!

Yeah, they seem way more frequently than they were on Thursday. I've seen 10 or 11 since this weekend compared to the 2 I saw last week.

kiaaa

I've been avoiding gear farming this whole time but I pulled an Agrias on my daily and now I need the cactuars so I can replace Vaan.

Muku

Todays pull was Lani. How... ugh. Though managed to get the 30k Trust Moogle this morning, so pretty happy about that.

Mala, OMG! Congrats on Chizzy!

Malakhov

Banned
Firion troll pull ? His 6* version is one of the Top units in the JP meta right now.

Everyone is entitled to feel someway about their pulls - but Chiz, Firion and Grias are amazing pulls....especially if they are non dupes. Then again if you spend alot or did a bunch of multipulls i can see not getting any base 5* as disappointment.

Context is def. important. We dont want new players toll sell their Firions because they are being called troll pulls lol.
Firion is a troll pull when hes coming out of a rainbow crystal, sorry but who cares if his 6* version is one of the top units in JP, CoD is as well and they ARE both 3* base.

I DO NOT want to see a cod or firion in a rainbow crystal. That is trolling.

And however you put it, tell that to anyone here like chrono who hasn't pulled a rainbow yet. Tell them that the first time they will get one, it will be firion instead of Gilgamesh, Lightning, DKC etc..

Come on now.

Muku

omg another Fang on my alt? Shoot me now.

Did a couple ticket pulls on alt too. I must have the shittiest luck here (between my two accounts I mean). Bedile and Duane. Sheesh.

Malakhov

Banned
I've got WoL so I should farm the winged saint for further down the road?

Also, done getting Lightning to lvl 100. Now sharing her instead of snow for the event, it feels so good!

Menchi

I've got WoL so I should farm the winged saint for further down the road?

Also, done getting Lightning to lvl 100. Now sharing her instead of snow for the event, it feels so good!

I've got it crafting right now. I'd say it's one of the best weapons for him given it gives a pretty sizeable defence boost which I think is unique to a weapon slot, so I'd say definitely go for it. Only 10k so 12-15 runs with a couple bonus units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom