• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

across

I hope some of our non-5* club gets Randi, if they want him.

Although I'm not technically part of this club, Ramza, Primm & Randi were why I bothered downloading this game in the first place. I got the first, hoping the second will come easier than Ling did on this banner (~40 pulls) and going to unwisely spend all my lapis on the third. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

Favs > tiers.

Although I'm not technically part of this club, Ramza, Primm & Randi were why I bothered downloading this game in the first place. I got the first, hoping the second will come easier than Ling did on this banner (~40 pulls) and going to unwisely spend all my lapis on the third. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

Favs > tiers.

Agreed! I realize there's no such collab planned, but if there were an Ashley Riot (from Vagrant Story), well: that's my Randi.

I also wish we could trade in characters for other ones, or even gift them to others somehow, although I fully realize why this will never be the case... I've got an extra 5* Lightning that I will never use, and I would've traded her for Ling in a heartbeat. Didn't happen, and thus Ling took 15 tickets, which is still absolutely not worth complaining about.

Lyrian

Honestly if you want the unit then screw what anyone else says. For the most part everything can be cleared with any unit (within reason). Might as well go for units you want.

What is this "reason" you speak of? I've never heard of such a thing on these forums in relation to gachas.

I tried that on FF Type-0 banner. According the reddit odds sim with my amount of pulls I had a 95% chance of pulling the on-banner 4*. Guess how many Seven I have.

Using the odds maker, that reverses out to 30 normal pulls. That should be the normal expectation when pulling for a banner 4* before deciding to go "in" after a 4*. The long term average is 20 pulls per 4* banner base (assuming a single base 4 on a banner). Still, statistics happen.

Luka (Aquapolis banner) arrived for me in 2 pulls.
Refia (FF5 banner) required 42 pulls.

Sucks when you are on the wrong side of statistics, but that's gambling for you in a nutshell.

Sorry to hear about not pulling Seven
(guaranteed you'll pull her in an off-banner gold sooner or later; it always happens)
. I've gone through 2 banners with Chizuru as the 4* gold unit. Guess how many of her I've pulled through those banners and nearly 500 pulls now?

Math demonstrates no mercy when it decides to hate you, **ever**.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
One thing they do need to update badly is the FP. Either permanently put in the Cactur and Turtles, or allow FP to be used to purchase materials for evolution. Hell, I would say just turning it into a store completely would be better,.

Celegus

I've gotten 4 legendaries today on Overwatch, not a single skin. FFS

Yeesh. Seems like a lot of people having bad luck on this event. I've had 3 golds so far... old Mei I already have, currency, and today I got Reinhardt's new skin, though I don't really play him. Mei and D.Va are my two favorites to play and both of theirs are sooo gooood!

Pachimari

I gotta write down the items I need for my units. It is super overwhelming with how many different items are available, and now I don't have any more space, so I either have to sell items or buy more slots.

Lyrian

One thing they do need to update badly is the FP. Either permanently put in the Cactur and Turtles, or allow FP to be used to purchase materials for evolution. Hell, I would say just turning it into a store completely would be better,.

Agreed. I hate clearing space under the cap for FP every other day just to burn them for almost nothing.

Was really hoping to stop asking for FP when I hit the gold FP trophy soon, but it looks like those rare FP unit TMs will be needed as crafting recipe components in the future (Ex: Dragon Killer + ). So give us some incentive to burn FP otherwise?

/sigh

evangd007

Sucks when you are on the wrong side of statistics, but that's gambling for you in a nutshell.

Sorry to hear about not pulling Seven
(guaranteed you'll pull her in an off-banner gold sooner or later; it always happens)
. I've gone through 2 banners with Chizuru as the 4* gold unit. Guess how many of her I've pulled through those banners and nearly 500 pulls now?

Math demonstrates no mercy when it decides to hate you, **ever**.

Yeah, I'm not too salty about it because as you said golds will come around eventually and I pulled my first Agrias, a second Agrias, and a second Chizuru among those picks.

I am salty about my free and daily banner pulls this past week. Pulled mostly Luna/Clyne level trash, haven't pulled a Xiao who I don't have yet, and my only gold was a troll CoD.

Broseybrose

I freed up two friend slots!

Add me if you havent already! Sharing 625 ATK CoD (no base 5*). Also have 502 MAG Exdeath (and more!) if needed.

350 186 594

Have GAF in name or greeting!

Also, very excited about SoM! I played that on SNES back in the day!

I never really thought about this, but someone here has to know.

How does Protect and Shell work in this game? Ive never used them. Do they stack with stat up skills like Embolden and Focus? How many turns does Shell and Protect last? I realized there are two Curtain items you can craft that grant shellga and protectga. Should we be stocking up on these for more difficult battles?

How does Protect and Shell work in this game? Ive never used them. Do they stack with stat up skills like Embolden and Focus? How many turns does Shell and Protect last? I realized there are two Curtain items you can craft that grant shellga and protectga. Should we be stocking up on these for more difficult battles?

No stacking (this isn't like FFRK, for instance, where a +ATK buff is "separate" from a +ATK/DEF buff). It's a flat +20% for 3 turns. Completely pointless if you have better alternatives.

Protectga/Shellga is +40% for 3 turns to all allies. Meanwhile, Embolden is +ATK/DEF +45% for 5 turns to all allies.

There may be edge cases where *ga spells are useful, but, again -- there are better options.

robotuw

They don't stack with and are inferior either in duration or strength to stuff like Embolden and Focus so you really don't have to worry about them. Unless someone can correct me I'd say the items that grant shellga and protectga are basically useless as well. If you need buffs and your party is so lackluster that curtain items are the best way you have then you're probably boned anyway.

Hi.I'm somewhat of a newbie to brave exvius. Can anyone offer their opinion on which one should I awaken to six star first, chizuru or Cecil? I am stuck on the green knight and I have only been playing very casually.

Welcome! Both of them are going to serve you very well in the long run, but Chizuru will immediately give your party a big boost in damage, while Cecil better compliments an already strong team. I'd say Chizuru first and then Cecil after.

ah_hia

Hi.I'm somewhat of a newbie to brave exvius. Can anyone offer their opinion on which one should I awaken to six star first, chizuru or Cecil? I am stuck on the green knight and I have only been playing very casually.

Muku

1. fake noctis
2. is luneth good
3. why is my hero glowing

4. movie king

Edit: Went against my better judgement that saved me last night not to pull a 1/2 price unit. Last night I told myself I didn't need it. Just now I told myself I did. Another Xiao. /toss

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dont get the Randi hate.

Looks pretty nice, can use a bunch of weapons, a bunch of nice Killer abilities, certified badass with future updates and enhancements....and well its Randi.

Def. a good units - there is a space between game-breaking OP units and trash lol.

mstevens

Plus he's Randi, the protagonist of the greatest game of all time.

How can you hate that.

I don't want to pull too far off topic here, but maybe you could help me with something. I somehow missed Secret of Mana during my SNES days and it seems right up my alley. I tried a few months ago and hated it a couple hours in. If I remember right, my biggest issue was the hit box seeming way off. Did I just miss some mechanics that make the game not so brutal, or is that a common sentiment?

Disclaimer - this attempt was a co op session with my girlfriend who is not normally a gamer, so idk if that influenced anything. I've been meaning to give it another try solo but haven't gotten around to it.

One positive side effect of FFBE is it has gotten me into some games in the series that I've not played (I bought Type 0 for instance after the event), so I'd like to get into it.. it just was, ugh.

Quonny

I don't want to pull too far off topic here, but maybe you could help me with something. I somehow missed Secret of Mana during my SNES days and it seems right up my alley. I tried a few months ago and hated it a couple hours in. If I remember right, my biggest issue was the hit box seeming way off. Did I just miss some mechanics that make the game not so brutal, or is that a common sentiment?

Disclaimer - this attempt was a co op session with my girlfriend who is not normally a gamer, so idk if that influenced anything. I've been meaning to give it another try solo but haven't gotten around to it.

One positive side effect of FFBE is it has gotten me into some games in the series that I've not played (I bought Type 0 for instance after the event), so I'd like to get into it.. it just was, ugh.
It's definitely unique, I'll give it that. You kinda have to learn what the hit boxes are, and certain weapons make it really hard to tell. Using a bow to see where the hit boxes are can help, but you should be using a sword for 95% of the game anyway, and they're pretty easy to use.

Using a tier 1 or tier 2 charge attack for the sword has a generally pretty large hit box, so that can help as well.

Lyrian

cInsMgS.png

And classic, good times, were had by all :)

Oh, yeah, still working on this, roflmao...

Lyrian

The maintenance is tonight, right? As in 1h30 from now?

Yup.

Ahh, crap. I totally forgot about it and overflowed my energy, preparing for an overnight run that's now not going to happen.

Welp, here's hoping that the macro can burn through 200 energy in 85 minutes.

Malakhov

Banned
Yup.

Ahh, crap. I totally forgot about it and overflowed my energy, preparing for an overnight run that's now not going to happen.

Welp, here's hoping that the macro can burn through 200 energy in 85 minutes.

Thanks, I'll go flush my energy. I wasnt sure and stopped my TM macro before leaving for work. Will do some story for lapis.

Rixa

How long is maintenance. Its 4 hours I did check.
Doing story quests for missions and no time to check announcement :D

The sheer amount of misinformation about what Randi can do in JP on reddit is hilarious.

More reason to get Lapis and pull for Randi (and not to get it :D).

robotuw

DKC's eventual enhancements let him regain all his health every turn, right? So could you stack him with evade and health and basically make him invincible in the arena? With Ring of Lucii, 20-Sided Dice, and 3 evades that's 75% evade, toss Discernment onto the last ability slot to avoid statuses, then give him the survival edge so he has over 5300 health. Each 30% health adds 1200, so you could mix and match evades and +30%hp materia to find the sweet spot. Think I might have to try that when he gets his buff.

Broseybrose

Is there any way to report cheat/hack sites to Gumi? It makes me ill to think there are people out there cheating like this and they dont care if they get caught/banned because they havent invested the time or money into their accounts like we have.

@Rixa - 4hrs scheduled

Muku

Until we get a notification they added another 8 hours so they can get the Valentine's icon in there or whatever.

Malakhov

Banned
Is there any way to report cheat/hack sites to Gumi? It makes me ill to think there are people out there cheating like this and they dont care if they get caught/banned because they havent invested the time or money into their accounts like we have.

@Rixa - 4hrs scheduled
What cheating? I thought all those who got TMs through cheating were gone?

50k candies for that axe, yikes!!

Randi global exclusives:

6 star level: 58
ATK +20%

6 star level: 83

Hero of Mana
+75% Damage Against: Beast/Dragon/Fairy/Reapers

bonkeng

Nazta just confirmed Randi's GL exclusive skills are:

20% Atk Passive

Hero of Mana: +75% against Beast/Dragon/Fairy/Reaper

Quite good tbh.

across

Agreed! I realize there's no such collab planned, but if there were an Ashley Riot (from Vagrant Story), well: that's my Randi.

It would be a fatal blow to my wallet if any of the Vagrant Story crew were in this game. We're talking selling possessions, blood, plasma, my body on the streets, whatever.

Consequently I suppose I'm glad such a collaboration will not occur.

Muku

It would be a fatal blow to my wallet if any of the Vagrant Story crew were in this game. We're talking selling possessions, blood, plasma, my body on the streets, whatever.

Consequently I suppose I'm glad such a collaboration will not occur.

/dead

Valentus

Base atk 176
Atk+210% (10+20+35+15+30+50+20+20+10) = 369,6
Mana Blade = 101
Sakura= 98
Black cowl = 28
Bracer =30
Ifrit = 53

Total 855,6

Thats the Max atk you can get off randi

Edit: another build

Base atk 176
Atk+200% (10+20+30+40+50+30+20) = 352
Kaiser knuckle = 101
Sakura = 98
Black cowl =28
Yuns armor
Champion belt x2 =60
Ifrit 51

Total atk 866

The build with knuckle + katana. Its equal as the sword katana one if you have moonblade.

Alkez

Kinda glad it's on maintenance while I'm busy rerolling on Fire Emblem Heroes, hehehe.

Same lol. Though I got ridiculously lucky and got the character I wanted most on my very first pull (Roy - 5* as well) followed by the character I wanted second, Cordelia so I haven't had to reroll.

Was hoping for Camilla and Tharja as well but there's only so much luck one man can ask for lol. Already FE is treating me better than BE. Might need to have some words with Gumi.

Valentus

Can you check what would I get with potted

KaiserK + Sakura
Black Cowl
BBGi
GenjiG CB

PoC
SoD
SoD
BM

Ifrit 53

And if I swap KK to StQ.
Thanks.

Base 176
Atk+ 170% (10+20+50+30+40+10+20) = 299,2
Kaiser 101
Sakura 98
Bbgi 8
Black cowl 28
Champion belt 30
Ifrit 53

Total atk 793,2

If you change kk for save the queen yo have to take away the 20% of atk of Champion belt and add 6 more atk

Rixa

Base 176
Atk+ 170% (10+20+50+30+40+10+20) = 299,2
Kaiser 101
Sakura 98
Bbgi 8
Black cowl 28
Champion belt 30
Ifrit 53

Total atk 793,2

If you change kk for save the queen yo have to take away the 20% of atk of Champion belt and add 6 more atk

Yup thanks. I don't have KK (yet) thats why I asked. Not like I would get Randi at first place, just fun to toy around with numbers.

Anyways as it is going to be Mog King event, will use those Mog tix to pulls and do that 10+1 when I have 5000 Lapis :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom