• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffymon

Stats go down a bit, but overall will be much higher at the same level, ie

unit has 1000 hp max at 60 (4 star)
evolved to 5 star has 750 hp, but at 60 would have 1200
capped out at 80 they'd have 1500
rinse repeat for 6 star

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
My reaction to the last page:

ExDeath-4-Star.png
ExDeath-4-Star.png
ExDeath-4-Star.png

Unit-Exdeath-6.png
photo_60036716_1.gif
ExDeath-4-Star.png

ExDeath-4-Star.png
ExDeath-4-Star.png
ExDeath-4-Star.png

I honestly dont think Ling is bad at all

shes an excellent suppirt but yoi have to work around her limits

shes not a workhorse but more a 5 slot role filler

I've got to finish up the story myself. Still have about 8-10k worth of lapis from all the missions that I need to do. Since Orlandu isn't coming for at least two weeks I think I may put TM farming on hold for a week or two and build up the lapis reserves.

Boards moving slow today. How many of ya'll on that Fire Emblem Heroes huh?!?!?!? Traitors, the lot of you!!!

In the process of rerolling now. Up to 20 something tries. I just want one base 5* don't care who it is since I have no attachment to any.

Malakhov

Banned
My story is finished but I need to go back and get the lapis from prior continents. I hate having to spend 12-15 nrg on some of those missions though. The latest continent was only 6 to 9 NRG for normal quests.

Quonny

jesus i should just abandon that fire emblem thread for a while and just focus on ffbe discussion

what a garbage pile that thread is

Valentus

Seriously though, Valentus you see that Ling's MP bump was coded wrong? https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5rmi5q/oh_no_they_fixed_ling/

Feel like her highest-potential-MP bumped her ranking up a bit, so this might impact that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bhebLdnHmv4Hs9P_skVOehyGlc/edit#gid=930167136

Yeah i Saw It. It makes worse ling's situation. I must say, ling is a good unit, but but not the ultimate support unit.

Still is an S unit. The MP pool can be fixed with tms or even a couple MP+20% materia

tuffymon

In the process of rerolling now. Up to 20 something tries. I just want one base 5* don't care who it is since I have no attachment to any.

I rerolled 1x and stuck with 3x 4 stars (corrin female, peri, and some cavalry guy i forgot). Not the greatest, but I can live with that.

Yeah i Saw It. It makes worse ling's situation. I must say, ling is a good unit, but but not the ultimate support unit.

Still is an S unit. The MP pool can be fixed with tms or even a couple MP+20% materia

Kinda surprised though, wouldn't 40% crit be just as valuable if you did a combat Ling? Support for however long, than unleash a dual (or quad attack round if you have aurora scarf) for crazy numbers? Or really not worth it?

ive never been a huge fire emblem fan anyways and it looks like a really neutered version of the game

FFBE isnt... amazing but its been good enough to keep me on board

Valentus

I rerolled 1x and stuck with 3x 4 stars (corrin female, peri, and some cavalry guy i forgot). Not the greatest, but I can live with that.

Kinda surprised though, wouldn't 40% crit be just as valuable if you did a combat Ling? Support for however long, than unleash a dual (or quad attack round if you have aurora scarf) for crazy numbers? Or really not worth it?

I need to test It. Im gonna waste 30 atk pots just for this xd

tuffymon

I need to test It. Im gonna waste 30 atk pots just for this xd

I'm forever away from having the scarf or her dagger (I ain't started on the dagger yet), but I was planning on trying a dps / support role and seeing if the numbers were worthwhile on that x4 super smash round. If/when you beat me to it, let me know :p With whats cooking / done, this is what mine would or could potentially look like.

Ling 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Venomous Edge +85ATK
Left Hand: Air Knife +48ATK
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Black Belt Gi +8ATK+24DEF
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Aurora Scarf +3 DEF
Ability 1: ATK +10% +10% ATK
Ability 2: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 4: ATK +10% +10% ATK
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Stat Buff: Celestial Light +40% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR

Total Stats: HP: 3515 MP: 348 ATK: 550 DEF: 250 MAG: 281 SPR: 243

Celegus

Tried FE and got some probably crappy people I never heard of, don't think I'm gonna stick with it. Still have Conquest to finish if I'm in the mood for FE.

Lyrian

Huh arena reset already and getting the rewards again....okay!

Just got home and lolololol..... so the download today accidentally re-shifted the endtime of the arena from PST back to GMT?

That's awesome. Compensation please.

EDIT: And the arena bans changed as well? lolololololololololololololololol

Lyrian

Daily rewards reset as well, lol. Thanks for the 40 lapis and the star quartz.

No black magic allowed again under the new rules. That's going to piss a lot of people off.

No black magic allowed again under the new rules. That's going to piss a lot of people off.

Yup just killed my streak. Forgot to fix my party and got stuck with an opponent with Light, Luneth, Dark Fina, etc

Lyrian

Oh yeah, if no one has mentioned this, last-second PSA for those who care about something this trivial.

--- The hotfix today corrected the issue where the two Nians had the same IDs as the bombs from the Ariana event. However, Gumi didn't carry over previous credit for the Nians to their new IDs. So, for those that care about Libra'ing everything, you will have to re-Libra both Nian and Great Lian before the event ends tonight for their lore page to show up on the monster guide.

New ID #s are 9010 for Nian and 9011 for Great Nian.

Oh yeah, if no one has mentioned this, last-second PSA for those who care about something this trivial.

--- The hotfix today corrected the issue where the two Nians had the same IDs as the bombs from the Ariana event. However, Gumi didn't carry over previous credit for the Nians to their new IDs. So, for those that care about Libra'ing everything, you will have to re-Libra both Nian and Great Lian before the event ends tonight for their lore page to show up on the monster guide.

New ID #s are 9010 for Nian and 9011 for Great Nian.

I actually just did this a few minutes ago I would have been pissed had I forgotten.

Too many gachas...
Speaking of too many gachas... I downloaded Dissidia yesterday and it's pretty fun. Feels kinda like a mix of FFX with Dissidia's Brave/HP system. Unless I'm just not seeing it due to language barrier, I don't think the game has a Stamina system either. If so, that's nice. I'll prob only tinker with it here and there as I'd like to play it when it comes out in English because it's fun to see all of the FF characters together in a story.

Lyrian

Nothing like a good pick me up from reading a "Should You Pull" on Reddit.

SensibleChuckle.png

Interesting that Reddit has decided to do two types of "Should You Pull", one for the newer player/midgame crowd and the traditional one for the hardcore crowd.

Pretty much..

Midtier SHP --> Pull for at least Primm if you lack a 6* capable healer (no Refia/Luka). Randi is awesome if you can land him.

Hardcore SHP --> ROFLMAO. Seriously, we are considering this banner? Randi ONLY gets up to 98/100 with enhancements, while God is still at 98/100 six+ months after his release. After his inevitable enhancements, God should be rated at least at 102/100 after them and destroy most future 7* units in his 6* form. God is that Almighty. Therefore, as usual, the only banner exists in this game is FFT2, and you mortgage your house, car, and liquidate anything that you can to pull 3 Gods on his banner to keep up with the meta. You **will** be running WoL/God/God/God/Tilith, right????

I'm not a mean spirited person by any imaginable means, but I am going to **love** watching that subreddit burn when FFT2 collab is released.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
is this roll good
is this roll good
is this roll good
is this roll good
is this roll good
is this roll good

Welp I'm out

Oh come on, tomorrow is going to be

"These unit sucks"
"OMG they barely give us any"
"Is the 70k Trust Moogle worth it?"
"Why do I need to roll for bonus units"
"Worst Mog King Yet"

Like the past 6.

Interesting that Reddit has decided to do two types of "Should You Pull", one for the newer player/midgame crowd and the traditional one for the hardcore crowd.

What's funny is I wrote a pretty nice write up for the Luka banner and several people messaged me back, saying thanks. Typically ones without a 6* Healer or ones with Tilith being told you don't need Luka.

On that note, I actually like the new format. It's not nearly as terrible as the old ones, which were complete trash and it is the format I would actually follow. I still think the question should not be "Should you pull", but "Why you should pull". Which they are getting closer too.

Alkez

Fire Emblem thread is a bit manic ATM. Only really care about you guys so if anyone here is playing send me an invite please:

ID: 5785888238
Name: Alkez

It's 2:40am here. Don't ask me why I'm still awake. I definitely won't be up in time for the reset and everyone's banner pulls so just wanted to wish everyone good luck now. I hope anyone going for Randi gets him :)

Just got home and lolololol..... so the download today accidentally re-shifted the endtime of the arena from PST back to GMT?

That's awesome. Compensation please.

EDIT: And the arena bans changed as well? lolololololololololololololololol

I went to play arena at 1am GMT and saw the ladder had reset. I was like ffs and just closed the app lol. How does this even happen?

Lyrian

I still think the question should not be "Should you pull", but "Why you should pull". Which they are getting closer too.

Agreed. "Should you pull" is a subjective decision, that really shouldn't be boiled down to a yes/no binary response. Adding nuance through "why" a person should pull under various circumstances is leaps and bounds more constructive than "its not Orlandu, therefore sux". Kudos to DefiantHermit, rotten tomatoes at LetsDoThisBro.

I went to play arena at 1am GMT and saw the ladder had reset. I was like ffs and just closed the app lol. How does this even happen?

Someone needs to hand deliver Gumi a copy of Time Zones for Dummies. No, seriously. They need all the help they can get at this point on this matter.

EDarkness

is this roll good
is this roll good
is this roll good
is this roll good
is this roll good
is this roll good

Welp I'm out

Well, it happens when people are encouraging folks to reroll without any idea of what they should reroll for. Of course, no one really knows right now so it's kinda silly to tell people to reroll for a good group when people who don't know anything about Fire Emblem or which units are good are trying to play. Shouldn't take it out on them since the game is new and everyone is trying to find their bearings.

Gotta admit, the game is fun as hell. The summoning is just more of this game, but without the colored crystals to troll you. I just want a 5* Robin, so I've been rerolling. I probably should have stopped once I got 4* Marth, 3* Robin, and 4* Frederick. Oh well, this kind of thing happens. Ha, ha!

ExVicis

is this roll good
is this roll good
is this roll good
is this roll good
is this roll good
is this roll good
Yeah basically. I posted my rolls but that was just to have a discussion on them and talk about how broken 5 star Robin is.

but yeah it's getting ridiculous. I think I'll come back later.

Also what's going on with Ling? I've been so far removed from doing pulls or even working on events lately I'm behind. Ling isn't the top support anymore?

Fire Emblem thread is a bit manic ATM. Only really care about you guys so if anyone here is playing send me an invite please:

ID: 5785888238
Name: Alkez
I'll throw one your way if you don't mind.

Lyrian

Also what's going on with Ling? I've been so far removed from doing pulls or even working on events lately I'm behind. Ling isn't the top support anymore?

She still is on the Exvius Wiki rankings.

Basically, she launched with an incorrect MP pool total (was extremely high), which was corrected in today's download. So, now, she has a merely good MP pool, which hurts a bit as she can't quite as freely cast those extremely expensive dances.

Muku

Glad people are mentioning this Arena.... I get home and like WTF it reset????

And the daily rewards. I thought I was going crazy! "I was like WTF I got this lapis already... and this already.. and WTF?" LOL ran all 5 times to work on my standing and realized I got all of them again. Maybe they'll say that is our comp for arena fuck up. :p Glad I left for work today in a good standing there.

Edit: Everyone must be playing FE. Or not aware of Arena change. I'm in 6k range for Weekly Arena right now. That never happens

Ended at 232 right now. I wish we wouldn't always have ability/spell rules. There'd be weeks I like to ban all tanks. Fucking tanks in Arena is dumb as shit

Glad people are mentioning this Arena.... I get home and like WTF it reset????

And the daily rewards. I thought I was going crazy! "I was like WTF I got this lapis already... and this already.. and WTF?" LOL ran all 5 times to work on my standing and realized I got all of them again. Maybe they'll say that is our comp for arena fuck up. :p Glad I left for work today in a good standing there.

Edit: Everyone must be playing FE. Or not aware of Arena change. I'm in 6k range for Weekly Arena right now. That never happens

Arena change messed me up bad. My mages are useless. Seeing as there is a no black magic rule I hope there is an equal one with no abilities.

Muku

Arena change messed me up bad. My mages are useless. Seeing as there is a no black magic rule I hope there is an equal one with no abilities.

I don't really have anyone good to fill in Exdeath's place so it's all crap this week. -_-; Ugh. Wish I had one more really good physical damage unit. Would just run a smash your face in group.

jnWake

Oh come on, tomorrow is going to be

"These unit sucks"
"OMG they barely give us any"
"Is the 70k Trust Moogle worth it?"
"Why do I need to roll for bonus units"
"Worst Mog King Yet"

Like the past 6.

Lol I'll have all these questions, except for the unit sucks part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom