• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

I like FE atm, but I don't agree with you guys on the gameplay. Atm I feel it's lacking any sort of depth. The extent of the tactics is the triangle really. I would like to see a bit more going forward.

Roy was who I was hyped for because of melee and his artwork is one of the best in the game. It's worth trying as he's not too rare (4* base).

Is Dissidia a spin-off of the main Dissidia line? The one on psp and ps4.

I think the thing is the 5* pool isn't split, so it's 6% for a 5* but the odds for a 5* are pretty low.
The hard content there has some interesting fights as in, you absolutely need to formulate a strategy on how to position yourself to tackle the enemies, otherwise you will get one shotted.

I see the potential for some really interesting fights where you will need to have multiple different types characters to actually stand a chance. That Pokémon mechanic is a great balancing tool.

Valentus

It sure does 😉 it's the best Mage in GL, it's like Gumi redeem themselves I give you a gift.

Gee thank you gumi. I feel more Happy now

I Will say this, in Brave Frontier the Max pulls i madre for getting a unit was 25, and that was 3 times. (Zeruiah, Abel and bestie)

In terms of gratifying their userbase, Brave Frontier is miles away Brave Exvius... And both ganes are from the same developer smh

Syntsui

I Will say this, in Brave Frontier the Max pulls i madre for getting a unit was 25, and that was 3 times. (Zeruiah, Abel and bestie)

In terms of gratifying their userbase, Brave Frontier is miles away Brave Exvius... And both ganes are from the same developer smh
They can't say Squenix demands them to make the rates awful, because RK exists and this new Opera game seems to be the best F2P ever made consumer-wise.

eggydoo

My weird every other banner streak continues for gold

I did about 40 pulls for Ling and didn't get a single one. I actually got more azlems than xiaos as well.

This banner, get a Primm on my 4th ticket pull......i'll stick with dailies for now

I could say this is true, yes. I didn't start BF until a few moths ago, but my luck on pulls, particularly for units I actually want, has been pretty good. I can only imagine how it was 3 years ago when the game started and everything was super duper grindy and barren after a while.

Alkez

The hard content there has some interesting fights as in, you absolutely need to formulate a strategy on how to position yourself to tackle the enemies, otherwise you will get one shotted.

I see the potential for some really interesting fights where you will need to have multiple different types characters to actually stand a chance. That Pokémon mechanic is a great balancing tool.

I wish you could position your units at the beginning of the battle for things like that. I would just like them to add a few more things, like being able to choose when you use your special and such.

Btw did you finish rerolling? If so what did you get, and what's your friend code?

Pejo

2 10+1 pulls and about 10 tickets have given me a handful of Popoi's and a single Primm, no Randi =/

Probably going to wait til later in the week, and burn the rest of my tickets. I was really hoping to get lucky on this one, Randi was one of my most wanted units after I started playing and looking at JP banners, despite not being awesome.

FUCK JUST AS I WAS TYPING THIS I GOT BLUE TO GOLD TO RAINBOW TROLL FUCKING SNOW PIECE OF SHIT.

They can't say Squenix demands them to make the rates awful, because RK exists and this new Opera game seems to be the best F2P ever made consumer-wise.
IIRC, I think that is exactly what that dude who used to work for Gumi said in his reddit AMA a while back. Now, how valid anything he said was? No clue.

bonkeng

2 10+1 pulls and about 10 tickets have given me a handful of Popoi's and a single Primm, no Randi =/

Probably going to wait til later in the week, and burn the rest of my tickets. I was really hoping to get lucky on this one, Randi was one of my most wanted units after I started playing and looking at JP banners, despite not being awesome.

FUCK JUST AS I WAS TYPING THIS I GOT BLUE TO GOLD TO RAINBOW TROLL FUCKING SNOW PIECE OF SHIT.

Ouch.

Xion86

Caught up now....wow...team ExviusGAF has definitely not been as lucky in this current event.

Valentus I want that Dark Fina though (need someone to throw all my MAG pots on...is Lightning worth throwing any at?).

Only did a daily pull today. I'm not going to do any 11 pull this banner and stick to dailies, saving my tickets too. Really need to play Secret of Mana one day...

EDarkness

I did a few pulls last night (16 to be exact) and ended up with a ton of crap and 3 Popoi. I got three gold crystals and all of them were trolls. No luck this time around and looking at my Friends List, I'm guessing it's the same for a lot of us. I'll probably do another pull tomorrow just to see how it goes. This banner really hates me, though.

I've been playing mostly FE: Heroes and damn that game is badass. If any of you guys are playing it, I'd like to have you as friends. My number is: 588 261 2001. Not sure what friends do at the moment, but it's still cool to have you guys on the list.

I ran the event this morning and it seems pretty easy. I just spammed Thundaga and called it a day. I should probably try for a Primm and see if I can use her and Popoi to build up my bonus. This event has given me the drive to build up my Dark Fina. I was surprised she didn't have Blizzga, but that's okay, she can chain Thundaga with CoD and Exdeath. Haven't run into the bonus characters yet.

Mana Beast is super easy for Randi as he got all the Killer Passive against it. The slime on the other hand, will eat Randi alive. I still need Noctis to reliably farm ELT.

Lol thanks. I've just been extremely lucky so far that sometimes I feel like I don't even deserve it since I haven't spent too much on this game. And the one unit I wanted the most will troll me hard, Orlandu. I feel it.

Exdeath works way better than Noctis since he can one turn kill the damn thing even without a buff though mine has 500 Mag

Syntsui

I wish you could position your units at the beginning of the battle for things like that. I would just like them to add a few more things, like being able to choose when you use your special and such.

Btw did you finish rerolling? If so what did you get, and what's your friend code?

I've gotten 5* Robin + 4* Camilla. My Friend Code is 0639435938.

Mipcgamer

- Spent 15 tickets for banner units and got 2 Poopois and a Marle, so I will grind candies with some Randi whales :D

- Got my third Zidane with those pulls, rest was trashola.

- Loved the last event. Mostly for the lumber lol, my third and last Shining Splendor is in the oven!

- Won't grind for that axe that's for sure.

- Fire Emblem sucks (Please don't leave you traitors :'c)

- Good luck on your pulls as always :D

Alkez

Awesome, I got a 5* Robin, too. Man, he straight up destroys stuff. I wish it was sword using Robin, though. Sent you a friend's request a few minutes ago. Name is Talbain.

Drop me a request as well if you want.

Does anyone know how long we have to claim the Ariana rewards (specifically the nrg)?

Awesome, I got a 5* Robin, too. Man, he straight up destroys stuff. I wish it was sword using Robin, though. Sent you a friend's request a few minutes ago. Name is Talbain.

Hell, even 4* Robin does too. And 3* F!Corrin is super tanky. Rolling with them, Takumi, and Lucina. Need to level them though.

Sorry on the 120-200 pulls to not get a rate-up unit, guys. This is just outright criminal.

Alkez

Whelp the last pull I was going to do on the banner.

http://imgur.com/mFTCOX7

giphy.gif

Congrats

First pull of the banner got me a Yellow Crystal with a Primm. Is she any good so far?

Shes actually not too bad

Basically a Support/DPS/Healer Jack of trades kind of character

Has a good ATK/MAG buff

Can equip just about any weapon and armor combo

Not a bad 5 slot unit with the right setup but there are better

She has Hybrid attacks (which seem to scale weirdly... they need to fix the modifiers for these) than can contribute to chains

An Enemy attack break and a Fire Res Debuff. Has a pretty strong Holy AOE Nuke as her last skill

Ive built mine for magic to capitalize on teh Nuke and make her more useful for farming the event so that I can use more bonus units and less of my top tiers

Not sure what her upper performance cap is but like always the investment required might be better spent on a unit with a better kit

Still her versatility makes her build fun at least for getting the most out of here for this event

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ticket 1: Rydia
Ticket 2: Lenna
Ticket 3: Popoi <--
Half-pull: Maria

The rates on this banner LOOK bad, but I don't know if we're just seeing small sample sizes here in GAF. I had an 11-pull in mind (at 6400 lapis now) but I don't think I can. Not when I already have Noctis, Yun, and Chizuru. Does Randi ever beat them out? Maybe a year from now.

robotuw

Sorry shit sucks right now gaf. We have our peaks and valleys and this is one of the bad times I guess.

On the slight bright side I did just get my second growth egg. Might have been a waste but it's nice to have them done. Now to get 4 Nine's so I can get the 300% bonus and insta-level everything.

Sorry shit sucks right now gaf. We have our peaks and valleys and this is one of the bad times I guess.

Outside of those chasing 5 star units

Its NOT that bad

You guys i thought we have been through all of this

I did 4 11's cuz this was a Unit I WANTED to shoot for but Im not burned out that I didnt score a 5 star base unit

The odds are against us

We do need those crystal changes though.... People should NOT be getting troll rainbows anymore

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'll probably be skipping this Mogking and the FFZero P2. I went with 4 tickets and got Primm, revenge from the new years of 40 pulls and no yellow.

But I'll agree with the sentiment that it's off... They need to shorten the time, spice it up, do something. Specifically after how nice the LNY was. Honestly, they were good units, a quick, but fun fest, etc.

I would not mind seeing the return of the Cake baking one either. Since it would encourage people and at least give me a variety again.

But the current Mogking is just so monotonous. They either need to speed up the process a bit to get to the better units. (Where the 4* units are decent and the 3* units at least have nice TMs). Making you want to pull rather than... just wanting to pull to cut down the time.

And to our Gaf Warriors, while I can at least see their perspective with the Crystal change. There is not a damn reason why they can't incorporate the Ex System in already. If you're spending money and coming out empty handed, that's going be an issue.

I agree. The more you play it casually, the better the experience.

This is largely why I don't mind the rates. The game is extremely generous with currency and difficulty. 95% of the content can be done with just having a decent friend unit and a handful of 3*/4* units. 5* units just make it easier. And never once have I felt pitched by the currency for unlock slots or forcibly locked out of content because of characters.

It's probably why I play it... I don't feel hampered by the cost window. Only just when I want a character.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
On the actual event... I think I'm getting my tickets, Cactur, SC, and Elixirs. That's it. I don't even want to get the Mats this time around. Maybe I'll use my extra for the Megacities. But since they haven't release Odin yet and I'm sitting on 400+ already. I feel like I have a stockpile of everything, but nothing to use it on.

Basically... since this event is coming so damn late, it should have only been a week long one.

you know me

I go ham on these mog king events

Im going for Axe, Glove, Popoi Star, Crown, Tickets, Star Q, Crystals, Magicite

Likely both moogles if i get good rates on them rabites

they seem super rare just like the doublicorns

Xion86

Okay decided to use just the one summon ticket on this banner just now.

Ended up with a GOLD.... Primm

Nice :) wasn't expecting that, I'll continue to stick to Daily pulls now. Got 43 tickets still saved though :p.

Need 185k for everything I want if I get the Axe which as of now I will probably go ahead and get. Now I just have to figure out if Elite with 325-350 bonus or Pro with 375-400 bonus is the way to go.

Shouta

Is that really the percentage? I can't tell if you're joking or not because it sounds plausible based on my results lol

The 5 star pull isn't even what bothers me the most, especially with these events that give copious amounts of Gigantaurs and awakening materials... it's just something I brought up because of the stark difference between FE and this.
What bothers me is the drop rate of the featured heroes on the banners.Got a shit ton of Jacks and Popoi but none of the heroes I would actually want (Ace and Randi).
Anyway, I'll stop shitting up the thread. Just had to vent.

Good luck on everyone's pulls. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Fire Emblem will definetly be a threat to this game, honestly. AAA polish, good rates and great gameplay will surely put things in perspective to players that try both.

Man everyone talking about FE's amazing rates I am up to 40 rerolls and I have seen a base 5* once. It was some archer guy don't even remember his name he was literally the only one of them I didn't want lol. Oh well keeping it going.

FE's rates are only mariginally better on a per unit base, at least for their initial one. FFBE is about .5% while I think FE's is about .75% It just happens that FE's rates look better because they have far fewer units and there's more featured units on the initial banner. We also don't know who's garbage or not yet, lol. Who knows how they'll decide to do banners going forward. When you consider the fact that characters have some element of randomized stat ups, I'd be livid if the rates weren't better.

I'm up to Chapter 7 or so in FE and it's, honestly, a tad boring. Stages are pretty rote because they're all the same size and generally the same number of enemies. There's already also some stages where I don't think you'll be able to beat it without using unit counters properly meaning there will less room to make challenge runs like Valentus has been doing. There's a lot less room for interesting tactics because the characters all have set skills as well. You may have to rely on the gatcha more in FE in the long term for those reasons.

Also, no evasion is really stupid.

Edit: Apparently it takes 20,000 feathers to level a 4-star to 5-star in FE? WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom