• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseybrose

It wouldn't have killed them to have a one-stage companion expooration with tile sets/music lifted from SoM, even. Like, where's the dialogue from Rain on what world the visions are from?

This event is so lazy that it offends me.

Lol

Completely agree about bolded though.

edit for new page - Running Primm as friend unit

Add me if you havent already!

350 186 594

Have GAF in name or greeting!

Muku

What's your 1-2 unit solo strategy on this everyone? Noctis + EdDeath spamming blizzaga and ice flask?

Right now I'm running two Primm in my group for bonus. I wish I had a Noctis. :( I would knock out another character and put Popoi in my group for an additional bonus. But she's so shit that meh.

Right now my group consists of: Primm, Primm, CoD, Exdeath, Kefka

I chain Thundaga everything. Everything. CoD + Exdeath (dualcasting Thundaga) + Kefka = pew pew pew. I also have my main Primm use Thunder Saber for good measure. Trying to bring bonus units as guest.

What's your 1-2 unit solo strategy on this everyone? Noctis + EdDeath spamming blizzaga and ice flask?

My crew for this event.
ExDeath - dual blizzaga
Dark Fina - dual wateraga
Popoi - Acid Storm
Primm - Rush
Primm #2 - imperil

I set this up and hit repeat
I do however take a Friend unit for more damage. Noctis , Greg, another exdeath, whatever helps kill the last two bosses.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
11 pull:
---- gold primm
- popoi, my 3rd
---- gold Agrias, my 1st
- sabin
- terra
- charlotte
- cecil
---- gold duane
- popoi, my 4th
- ingus
- hayate

i need a drink.

Fantomex

So let me ask you guys. What determines saving summons for a different banner, and going HAM on one? I currently have about 5 tickets, but don't know if I should use them or not. Still on story mode and already have,

ExDeath, Yun, Ariana, Vivi, Ling and Artemios. Don't know If I should hoard my summons at this point. Chances are impossible for me to pull a stud like Noctis right?

Malakhov

Banned

gilgamesh tri-attack round one, two, three, four
exdeath dual cast meteor round 5 against the slime
gilgamesh tri-attack and gilgamesh wicked light round six
round 7 repeat button auto-attack the rest

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
So let me ask you guys. What determines saving summons for a different banner, and going HAM on one? I currently have about 5 tickets, but don't know if I should use them or not. Still on story mode and already have,

ExDeath, Yun, Ariana, Vivi, Ling and Artemios. Don't know If I should hoard my summons at this point. Chances are impossible for me to pull a stud like Noctis right?

This is a good question. The simplest TLDR pulling strategy is a two-part question:

1. how good is this banner? ('banner' equaling all the units with an increased pull rate, not just the best unit)

2. do i need what is on this banner? (need equaling some the classes featured on the banner (healer, DPS, tank, etc), waifu, favorite characters, etc)

The longer version is a mix of how much lapis you have, knowing what banners are coming next, and really what you enjoy the most.

RedZaraki

Banned

1. Hype
2. Character Love
3. POWER OF THE COSMOS

Muku

And congrats on Agrias Panther. Still not sure if she was worth the 10+1 pull though. :(

Also in regards to whether to save or pull... I feel like this banner has been pretty shit to GAF anyway. I wouldn't be doing any crazy pulls. I used like 8 or 9 tickets and I still feel like that was 8 or 9 more than I should have used.

I think consideration to take on banners is if there's a lot of good characters on it or mostly shit. Be it both for characters and TMs. I feel like this one borders mostly on shit.

If i were you I'd use them sparingly until a banner comes up that has non 5* base units that you can benefit from. Never ever pull for the rainbows. They just don't happen. If there's a banner with 4* base characters you want definitely pull on those. I know , for example , Rikku from ffx is supposed to be super good, and she's a 4* base. So when her banner happens pull till you get her. If you happen to also pull Tidus (who's 5* base) you win!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
So basically today I got a gold Mercedes (my 3rd), a gold Agrias (i needed Save the Queen for my TM queue BAD), 5 banner units for farming, and then progress on my Equip H Shield, 2nd Excalibur, another Black Cowl, and Ultima.

I didn't get Randi, and won't now -- I'm out 6 tickets and 5250 lapis -- but I can't say I had a bad day. Not at all.

So basically today I got a gold Mercedes (my 3rd), a gold Agrias (i needed Save the Queen for my TM queue BAD), 5 banner units for farming, and then progress on my Equip H Shield, 2nd Excalibur, another Black Cowl, and Ultima.

I didn't get Randi, and won't now -- I'm out 6 tickets and 5250 lapis -- but I can't say I had a bad day. Not at all.

I think that sounds pretty great for you actually. Randi sounds like a gold sink anyway.

Malakhov

Banned
Randi seems rare, on the other banners, at this time of the day, a good portion on my friend's list already had the base 5* maxed. I saw very few Randis so far. Or they just dont care about him and havent pulled.

Muku

Randi seems rare, on the other banners, at this time of the day, a good portion on my friend's list already had the base 5* maxed. I saw very few so far.

Yeah, I think I have like three people with him. And I've not seen a stranger with one yet either. Gumi can keep his stupid ass at this point. (I should note I have no attachment to Randi or SoM to be honest. I've only played a little of it co-op. Though does remind me we should get back to it and finish.)

Curious, are yall going to be doing 1/2 daily pulls or saying screw it and saving Lapis?

Malakhov

Banned
Curious, are yall going to be doing 1/2 daily pulls or saying screw it and saving Lapis?
Saving everything for the FFII banner now and might try a few pulls on the Orlandu banner, so fuck this crappy banner. I have 4 popois and a primm, it's enough for the event.

Wazzy

Banned
Decided to blow all my lapis on Yun banner. Pulled a billion Xiao's which at least let me get a Kaiser Knuckle but no rainbows out of three 11 pulls. :(

I might do one more before the banner goes away but otherwise I think my luckier pull will still be Luneth.

Skii

Went all in on the Randi banner and got nothing. Feels pretty bad to do 40 pulls and not get the highest rarity units. Guess I'm pretty much done at the moment. Still have to wait on friend units to do story because for some reason I can't do shit with my units.

Feelsbadman.

Fantomex

Thanks for all the feedback. I pulled a Yun 2 days ago, so I'm gonna follow the advice and just hoard summons for another banner. This is a dark timeline on GAF, I see all your feedback on attrocious pulls. The sun will again shine on our lapis soon enough.

evangd007

Yeah, I think I have like three people with him. And I've not seen a stranger with one yet either. Gumi can keep his stupid ass at this point. (I should note I have no attachment to Randi or SoM to be honest. I've only played a little of it co-op. Though does remind me we should get back to it and finish.)

I'll probably ticket for a banner unit or two and skip spending lapis. I'm close to 30k lapis which will allow me to do 6x11 pulls. On what I have no idea; I'm not into chasing Orlandu when the 4* is a lesser Ariana Grande and the 3*s have mediocre TMRs. How many months away is FFX? How many more months do I add to that to make room for GL exclusive banners?

Valentus

Yeah im not feeling this event at all. Theres good stuff but i dont feel like i want to grind, or do arena or anything

I reinstalled Brave Frontier. At least my account is still good. I just need to omni Evo like 40 units.

Rootbeer

Banned
Went all in on the Randi banner and got nothing. Feels pretty bad to do 40 pulls and not get the highest rarity units. Guess I'm pretty much done at the moment. Still have to wait on friend units to do story because for some reason I can't do shit with my units.

Feelsbadman.
I spent my only 5 tickets and didn't get a banner unit for the event. sucks. I've dropped over 30 pulls and gotten nothing before too. Better luck next time. It will come your way eventually.
Yeah im not feeling this event at all. Theres good stuff but i dont feel like i want to grind, or do arena or anything

I reinstalled Brave Frontier. At least my account is still good. I just need to omni Evo like 40 units.
They need to start giving some compelling good items for these events. The stuff this time is middling at best. Getting tired of the unimpressive rewards.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yea, I'll be done on just the weekend... Just getting my tickets, Cactur, Elixirs, and SC. Basically the stuff I need a lot of. I'll max out Ling, BCL, and throw the extras into Xaio.

To me, it's not the items, but the units. I can't find any use for the bottom 2. No TM, no niche, etc. Sadly the FFZero banner will be the same. So I'm really hoping they pick up the speed again.

Also, I hope they split up the banners too. For example, maybe combine FFZP2 and P3 into one Mog King.

For Orlandu's banner, bring back Argias and Graffion, thriugh the BE characters on their own week inbetween, etc. No reason to have banners with 5 or 6 characters. Same with FFII. This is where they could do some good and make a new banner weekly with 3 or 4 characters

Yea, I'll be done on just the weekend... Just getting my tickets, Cactur, Elixirs, and SC. Basically the stuff I need a lot of. I'll max out Ling, BCL, and throw the extras into Xaio.

To me, it's not the items, but the units. I can't find any use for the bottom 2. No TM, no niche, etc. Sadly the FFZero banner will be the same. So I'm really hoping they pick up the speed again.

Also, I hope they split up the banners too. For example, maybe combine FFZP2 and P3 into one Mog King.

For Orlandu's banner, bring back Argias and Graffion, thriugh the BE characters on their own week inbetween, etc. No reason to have banners with 5 or 6 characters. Same with FFII. This is where they could do some good and make a new banner weekly with 3 or 4 characters

The one with Queen/Nine/Cinque? Those 3 all have amazing TM's. The units themselves are probably shit however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom