• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

I spent my only 5 tickets and didn't get a banner unit for the event. sucks. I've dropped over 30 pulls and gotten nothing before too. Better luck next time. It will come your way eventually.

Sorry to hear that. I dunno if I'm going to continue tbh. I've never played any gacha where you can do 200+ pulls (which I've surely done by now) to not get the highest rarity units. That's just insane to me lol.

Yea this banner really took the wind out of my sails. I can't believe the rates, they seriously need to be so shitty?

I don't want every top unit but it would be nice to get one here and there, which worries me for banners that I am going to really want...

Think I'll stock up on what I need and then start getting serious about my TMs.

Shouta

Well, good luck, man. I hope you can get something awesome without breaking the bank.

I won't spend very much if I do spend any at all. Pretty unlikely I will. I've got 20+ pulls ready for him but that's about it.

I'd definitely recommend picking up the Gigas Axe, Soul Crown, and Tickets from this Secret of Mana event. Those are extremely good pieces of equipment and the tickets are free summons. Fire Veritas will be able to use it down the line if you are lucky to pull him and it's still an 85 damage axe that you can use on secondary or tertiary DPS. It's also a non-elemental weapon which will be super important to have when enemies start resisting shit and Excalibur, Chijiri, etc can be a liability to your team comp. If they make an Axe Mastery TM down the line, it'll be nice to have it as an option, heh.

Having SPR is a god send on DPS btw. It helped against Bahamut quite a bit.

robotuw

What Rabite rate are people getting so far? I've done 6 ELT runs and seen 6 rabites total in 2 groups of 3. That seems really good but what have other people got?

Nikokuno

Yea this banner really took the wind out of my sails. I can't believe the rates, they seriously need to be so shitty?

I don't want every top unit but it would be nice to get one here and there, which worries me for banners that I am going to really want...

Think I'll stock up on what I need and then start getting serious about my TMs.

They should increase the rate of having a Rainbow if you pull shit. And then reset when you got your rainbow. Like in FFRK JP.

Also banner unit rate should be higher. Because those lapis / tickets ain't no free 😑.

And no troll crystal (I'm talking to you rainbow Jidane/Gaffgarion/Celes)...

evangd007

5 ticket pulls:

Blue -> Anzelm - off to a rousing start I see
Gold -> troll Gilbert - the bad vibes continue
Blue -> Vivi - "new" as all my previous were troll golds
Blue -> Lenna - FINE GAME I'LL FARM 50K THE HARD WAY
Blue -> Popoi - Holy shit a banner unit. Haven't seen one of those white whales in weeks.

Think I'm done pulling. Going to farm pro as I don't think my units can clear ELT with native and friend dead weight banner units. If it comes down to it I'll skip the 30k TMR mog in favor of the axe. 100% of an 85 ATK weapon > 10% of a sakurafubuki.

Broseybrose

What's more useful to everyone -- my non whale 639 ATK Noctis or this Prim on going to max out? Your call y'all.

For me, Primm.

Im just using my 500MAG Exdeath to solo PRO, taking as many banner units as I can.

I think for most events where there is a bonus for a banner unit, you'd want to be sharing that banner unit (assuming you have one).

Im sharing my Primm. Shes still only 4* atm.

chrono01

I always know a new banner/event started when this thread blows up over night, haha.

Well, here we go! Time for my patented multi-quote, most-reply, post! (Sorry if I missed anything, so many pages to go through!)

Damn our free pulls are done... guess I'm done with pulling for a while

Alt Daily though...

Blue -> Gold -> Primm. :O
Congrats on the Primm!

Funny how you tried consistently for the 4* base on the Lunar banner (Ling), didn't get her, but got Primm (the 4* base) on your first daily pull. Strange how that works out, huh? :/

200 pulls and zero rainbows again. Last banner was 150 pulls and zero yun.

I Will think this weekend very deeply and calm (not now because im really pissed) if im keep playing this or not.

Its not about the fact if im getting the best units or not, ive prove countless times that you can beat the Game with underpowered units, but the fact that after 200 pulls this Game doesnt guarantee you even a unit that Will be gone after 2 weeks is really depressing.

Im starting to get tired of this.
Wow, so sorry man. That's...damn, that upsets me and I wasn't even the one who pulled. You're such an asset to this community, it's unfortunate to see you put as much into this banner as you did and get nothing out of it. It just ain't right. :(

I love how RNG works...everytime we have banner with a unit i really want i go all out, i spent money only to get nothing. Not Lightning, not Elza, not Ramza, not Noctis, not Yun and not even Ling on the last Banner. My Yun Banner ended with a Ratio of 1/3 Golds...my last pull was a gold lani.

Instead i got Luneth, Gilgi from a daily and Majin Fina from a daily. I always liked Randi, but i had no intentions on spending money on him...he only gets good with enhancement, so when we got our ticket this morning i thought to myself, well let's try to get at least a little bit of bonus

Gold....fuck yeah Bonus baby
turns to Rainbow
Nooooooo.......pls don't be another duanne or arc

Dang....all wanted was yun :'( but hey bonus.
Congrats on the Randi!

I really want him, since SoM is one of my personal favorites. Not sure how many pulls I'll do, but I'll definitely throw a few tickets in.

Pulling for Ling :
Bedile
Xiao
Xiao
Xiao
Xiao
Amarant
Agrias gold
Kain
Ludmille troll blue => gold
At least first Dual cast 😤
And just pull a Rainbow ... Yun moth'fuckaz. I cry out so loud I expected a troll. .. Oh my Gosh I love u guys !!!!!!!!!

UnVzj7V.png

After so much blue finally, a worthy 5* base unit, after cruising through All Blue, I finally find the One Piece 😍
Congrats, I'm so happy for you! Yun + Agrias? Nicely done!

16 tickets, 2 popois and no primms. Decided to do an 11-pull, got lucky and got a Randi!

I have him shared. He has decent equipment for now but it'll be a few hours before I can get him leveled up. I'll be using all the cactaurs from the event on him so he'll be more helpful than my Ace was.

I'll try and make some room for people, 737 150 495.
Congrats on the Randi! :)

Considering the luck here so far, you've been extremely fortunate to get him.

Annnnd just rolled an off banner Luneth...my 3rd. Not mad but damn man.
Congrats on the Luneth. Wait, your third Luneth? Wow, Luneth team incoming!

did 4 11 pulls

no randi and no rainbows

did get a bunch of Primms and Popois

:(

oh well moving on. may try again later but its looking like ill miss out on a character i love for the time being
This makes me sad on so many levels. :/

With all this crap i forgot doing my daily

I really
Really
REALLY
Hate you gumi.

This doesnt heal the Burn in my soul...At all
So you spend enough Lapis to do 200 pulls, get nothing, then get a Dark Fina on your 250 Lapis daily. Makes sense!

Congrats, though. Sorry you had to go through all of that, and I don't blame you at all for still feeling that burn in your soul. 200 pulls (i.e., 100k Lapis) without a rainbow crystal isn't something you can easily get over.

/sigh

44 pulls

0 Randi
0 Primm
Man, this thread is legitimately making me upset. Seeing all of you fine people having such horrible luck. Ugh.

Sorry man. :(

So, I went all in on this banner and came out with little to show for it.

Daily + 2x11 pulls + 35 Tickets:

New: Primm, Popoi x10, Celes x2, Hope, Trey
TM Dupes: Gaffgarion, Hayate, Miyuki

Also, out of those 58 pulls, I had 52 Blue and 6 gold: Primm (New), Hope (New), Gaffgarion (TM Dupe), Trey (New + Troll), Kain (Troll), Rakshasa (Troll). 2 of the golds were from tickets, the other 4 were in the 11 pulls.

v_v

On a much, MUCH happier note:

\o/

Perfect timing for this week's Black Magic ban in Arena. I took 2x Exdeath off my team and replaced them with Chiz and CoD. W/ DW #2 Chizuru chains 2x Flame Katana Phantom Shadow w/ Noctis's 2x Fire Flask while CoD does a Golem Staff Darkness attack and Cecil/Refia Curaja. I haven't lost yet, but the matches are far, far longer than weeks when I can run my normal team.
Sorry for your pulls, seems to be a common thing today. :/

Congrats on the TN, though! At least there's that.

Welp. Yolo pulled 10+1 :D

I just noticed that I didn't get a Rainbow in those 11 pulls. Randi came out of a blue crystal. So 11 pulls also have those blue>rainbow crystals.
bonkeng continues to have God-tier luck, haha.

Congrats! Nice to see a ray of light amidst all of this despair.

2 10+1 pulls and about 10 tickets have given me a handful of Popoi's and a single Primm, no Randi =/

Probably going to wait til later in the week, and burn the rest of my tickets. I was really hoping to get lucky on this one, Randi was one of my most wanted units after I started playing and looking at JP banners, despite not being awesome.

FUCK JUST AS I WAS TYPING THIS I GOT BLUE TO GOLD TO RAINBOW TROLL FUCKING SNOW PIECE OF SHIT.
Holy shit, this game really brings the despair, doesn't it? Rainbow trolls at this point shouldn't even be possible. We have more than enough 5* base for the crystal change already. Stop being greedy Gumi and implement it. :(

Whelp the last pull I was going to do on the banner.

http://imgur.com/mFTCOX7
\o/!!

Redemption!

Still, you really had to work for that. Congrats still, nice to see it end in a "Mission Successful!" for you.

Woooo!

Did ONE more 11 and got him

Whew 5 11 pulls ouch
And another!

\o/

C-Could our luck be turning around? Has ExviusGAF fully charged the Spirit Bomb? Has Earth been saved?

Added you! Linkent.

Annnnddddd i spent another 2 tickets

What???
Now i need another DW zidane plssss
YES, CONGRATS! My mood is improving as I continue further through the pages. LET US KEEP THIS UP!

\o/
\o/!!!

Used ticket I got for Ariana event. Gold. Duane. FUCK THIS. Seriously, this has to be the WORST FUCKING BANNER EVER! Why am I getting such a shit troll? I already maxed a Duane from 3* recently to 5* cap. I wanted another Primm vs this shit. This banner is really killing it for me. I am not even looking for Randi. Would be nice but not going to be that lucky.

I have Golds I can get that I don't have.... but nope. Here's more shit for your shit.
You just had to ruin it for me, didn't you? We were on a roll! :(

11 pull:
---- gold primm
- popoi, my 3rd
---- gold Agrias, my 1st
- sabin
- terra
- charlotte
- cecil
---- gold duane
- popoi, my 4th
- ingus
- hayate

i need a drink.
Yep, my mood is definitely ruined again. Someone needs to post something positive and they need to do it fast.

Sorry to hear that. I dunno if I'm going to continue tbh. I've never played any gacha where you can do 200+ pulls (which I've surely done by now) to not get the highest rarity units. That's just insane to me lol.
200 pulls is definitely a lot, without getting a 5* base. That's 100k Lapis! That's just...insane. I really hope in the future, a "pity system" is mandatory for all gatcha games. It really should be, considering the time and effort (as well as money) we put into these things. I don't expect to be handed everything on a silver platter but, with a pity system, at least if you don't get anything you know you're a couple steps closer to eventually receiving something of worth. As it is now, you could literally pull 500 times and likely not get a single thing out of it.

Sorry to see you go, if you feel you need to. I hate seeing any of our community leave. :(

Lyrian

46 - blue
47 - blue
48 - blue
49 - blue
50 - blue
51 - RAINBOW - Snow

phone = thrown (thank heavens for Otterboxes)

Lady luck hates me today :(

Celegus

Today is a dark day indeed for GAF... glad I only used 2 tickets. I really do feel amazingly lucky that both of my rainbows so far were the banner 5* and not a troll.

Lyrian

Damn lyrian sorry

But its funny... Gaf gets 2 Rainbow snows the same day

It definitely sucks, but on the bright side is that I've got enough Snows, Hayates, and Zidanes now to TM farm some nice offensive gear.

Of course, that actually requires escaping the SoM event, which isn't likely going to happen without significant bonus multipliers. Meh.

And on top of it, I've only seen one rabbite invade all day.

It's just one of those days that you have to shrug off.

chrono01

Daily: Anzelm

Ticket #1: Exdeath
Ticket #2: Vivi
Ticket #3: Seven (New, finally have her at least)
Ticket #4: Elle
Ticket #5: Rydia
Ticket #6: Primm

Wow, got Primm on my final ticket. I just wanted an event unit to grind points, so I'm glad I have one. I really want Randi, but with the luck so many of you are having, I don't know if I want to do my 3x 10+1's...

Are the Secret of Mana characters exclusive and only obtainable here?

EDarkness

46 - blue
47 - blue
48 - blue
49 - blue
50 - blue
51 - RAINBOW - Snow

I know, man. I'm taking the day off from FFBE. I just wanted another SoM unit to help with the grinding of the event, but I didn't get lucky. Spent a crapton of tickets on this banner and got nothing really to show for it. Oh well, maybe tomorrow will be better. :)

Daily: Anzelm

Ticket #1: Exdeath
Ticket #2: Vivi
Ticket #3: Seven (New, finally have her at least)
Ticket #4: Elle
Ticket #5: Rydia
Ticket #6: Primm

Wow, got Primm on my final ticket. I just wanted an event unit to grind points, so I'm glad I have one. I really want Randi, but with the luck so many of you are having, I don't know if I want to do my 3x 10+1's...

Are the Secret of Mana characters exclusive and only obtainable here?

At this point, Gumi probably understands that people whale more if characters go away. So, just like your Chocobro, I'll bet the Mana crew is sealed off forever - or until another random banner or something.

Congrats on your better luck, by the way! The shocking thing is, Chrono, I think you've had some of the best luck on this banner out of all of us.

Alkez

TM farmed today. Got my second (and final) dual wield :) onto ribbons so I never have to deal with that stupid fire flask again. I'm going to be away next weekend and running the mog events on the road is much easier than tm farming. Plus I spent 40 tickets chasing Seven and Ling so I'm just doing dailies on this banner. Need time to get some banner units.

Plus I'm starting to enjoy FE more. Beginning to see where the gameplay gets interesting. It's sort of similar to BE in the sense that (right now) it seems to be all about buffing and debuffing at the correct times and tactical heals.. But dw, still not leaving BE lol. Only after I fail to pull Eileen or Orlandu will I consider stopping.

This is a dark timeline on GAF, I see all your feedback on attrocious pulls.

I have to ask: Is that a community reference lol?

chrono01

46 - blue
47 - blue
48 - blue
49 - blue
50 - blue
51 - RAINBOW - Snow

Oh man. :(

Definitely give up for the day, things are definitely not in your favor. I hope things improve for you tomorrow. :/

At this point, Gumi probably understands that people whale more if characters go away. So, just like your Chocobro, I'll bet the Mana crew is sealed off forever - or until another random banner or something.

Congrats on your better luck, by the way! The shocking thing is, Chrono, I think you've had some of the best luck on this banner out of all of us.
Damn it, I really want Randi! I know Orlandu will always be around, but Randi won't. Now I'm tempted to go all-in. The music for the Mana dungeon definitely isn't helping. That nostalgia...

And thanks! You know things are looking bleak when I'm having some of the better luck with pulls. A really dark day for ExviusGAF indeed. :(

tuffymon

What Rabite rate are people getting so far? I've done 6 ELT runs and seen 6 rabites total in 2 groups of 3. That seems really good but what have other people got?

I've run ELT 22x and have seen Rabites 1x on my very second run... I got 4 though, so that was nice.

623 464 324, space for 2, an 843 Noctis

Oh man. :(

Definitely give up for the day, things are definitely not in your favor. I hope things improve for you tomorrow. :/

Damn it, I really want Randi! I know Orlandu will always be around, but Randi won't. Now I'm tempted to go all-in. The music for the Mana dungeon definitely isn't helping. That nostalgia...

And thanks! You know things are looking bleak when I'm having some of the better luck with pulls. A really dark day for ExviusGAF indeed. :(

My take on it? And, I completely forgot this point in my previous post. Randi will return when (if, really) he gets enhancements. Same with Chocobro.

But we don't know what they'll be, since JP and GL are different games at this point: they race down parallel tracks, but the experiences are different.

Honestly, I'd wait. Orlandu would be better than Randi now. If Randi doesn't come around again, for whatever reason, then he'd be a poor character to chase. If he does, hopefully by that time Troll Rainbows won't exist anymore.

Just my line of thinking. Any other thoughts?

chrono01

My take on it? And, I completely forgot this point in my previous post. Randi will return when (if, really) he gets enhancements. Same with Chocobro.

But we don't know what they'll be, since JP and GL are different games at this point: they race down parallel tracks, but the experiences are different.

Honestly, I'd wait. Orlandu would be better than Randi now. If Randi doesn't come around again, for whatever reason, then he'd be a poor character to chase. If he does, hopefully by that time Troll Rainbows won't exist anymore.

Nope, your reasoning sounds good to me! Thanks for saving me the (potential) lost Lapis.

I'll continue waiting for Orlandu, then. I want to save for Cloud, but I don't think I'd be able to wait the 6+ months needed to do so. >_<

Mipcgamer

heres my vídeo of exdeath and his harem in ELT

The key here is timming. Primm normal attack is excelent for chaining. So when exdeath Magic chains in a high hit combo (9 or 10 hits) the damage is massive.

Still, he needs luck because the final dragón survives the attack

Please subscribe and make me a little more Happy :(

Very impressive as always!

Also, that Cecil man! so close, yet so far lol.

Keep it up (subscribed)

Skii

200 pulls is definitely a lot, without getting a 5* base. That's 100k Lapis! That's just...insane. I really hope in the future, a "pity system" is mandatory for all gatcha games. It really should be, considering the time and effort (as well as money) we put into these things. I don't expect to be handed everything on a silver platter but, with a pity system, at least if you don't get anything you know you're a couple steps closer to eventually receiving something of worth. As it is now, you could literally pull 500 times and likely not get a single thing out of it.

Sorry to see you go, if you feel you need to. I hate seeing any of our community leave. :(

I really want to stay as well. The gameplay mechanics in this game are quite interesting but I just can't justify sticking around when the creators are this greedy.

To put this into perspective, I did 20 multis (200 pulls) on DBZ dokkan battle for the current banner (P2P for that game) and I got every single top unit in the game. It's the equivalent of me getting Noctis, Luneth, Dark Fina, Yun, Randi and Lightning all from the same number of pulls I've done in FFBE.

I'll probably stick around for log ins and I'll keep pulling. If I end up getting a 5 star base from a single, I'll start playing again. Now I just feel demotivated.

across

I think I have most of the BEGAF regulars on my list already, but some of the new ones (and a few of the older ones, I think?) are welcome to partake of my 747 ATK Randi. With Rush from Primm and maybe an Imperil, I'm pretty sure he one-shots everything but the Slime on ELT.

755 040 092

Did anyone else not get the 500 lapis for upgrading Ariana? I saw a few pages back that some got paid, but I sure didn't. And I gad her at 6* the day after the event started.

Syntsui

Did anyone else not get the 500 lapis for upgrading Ariana? I saw a few pages back that some got paid, but I sure didn't. And I gad her at 6* the day after the event started.

Did they give that already? I always redeem everything and I didn't even notice if I got it or not. I don't even know how much lapis I had also x.x

Did they give that already? I always redeem everything and I didn't even notice if I got it or not. I don't even know how much lapis I had also x.x

A few pages back someone posted a screenshot of them getting the reward. I tend to claim all and refresh my screen, so I guess I could have missed getting it. But I'm ~90% sure I haven't gotten it. Maybe it's just rolling out in waves.

Fantomex

I think I have most of the BEGAF regulars on my list already, but some of the new ones (and a few of the older ones, I think?) are welcome to partake of my 747 ATK Randi. With Rush from Primm and maybe an Imperil, I'm pretty sure he one-shots everything but the Slime on ELT.

755 040 092

You done reached capacity brosef!

Celegus

755 040 092
Added!
It's hard to be mad at the game when listening to the Dark Lich theme. Too good.

Been a ridiculously long time since I played SoM, that's a hot beat!

Shouta

FYI, Randi has not come back in JP since the initial Mana event. I'd bet on enhancements being the same before him coming back in a banner.

Is it worth trying for him now? Honestly, only if you're a fan. If you're looking to bolster yourself for content until enhancements come then Orlandu or Eileen is a better choice to go for. Not only because of the units themselves but because of the power creep is gonna bring everything up.

That said folks that did get Randi can look forward to him getting buffed and using him on some challenge fights like the Dark Espers where he has some strong advantages.

Fantomex

FYI, Randi has not come back in JP since the initial Mana event. I'd bet on enhancements being the same before him coming back in a banner.

Is it worth trying for him now? Honestly, only if you're a fan. If you're looking to bolster yourself for content until enhancements come then Orlandu or Eileen is a better choice to go for. Not only because of the units themselves but because of the power creep is gonna bring everything up.

That said folks that did get Randi can look forward to him getting buffed and using him on some challenge fights like the Dark Espers where he has some strong advantages.

I don't know who Orlando is but I'm excited to find out. Sounds like a cool bro that grew up in the hood but then went to study the dark arts.

Okay, I can do ELT with Noct, Exdeath, and 4 trash. I'm trying to minimize the number of action resets necessary to clear it ...

Start with: Noct doing Raging Fist, Exdeath DC Blizzaga. The other 4 units auto-attack.

Rounds 2-4: Repeat.

Round 5: Noct changes to Fire Flask. Hit Repeat.

Round 6: Repeat.

Round 7: Noct does Warp Break. (Maybe? If you're feeling adventurous, see if Fire Flask gets the job done. Noct will survive and finish the boss in the next round regardless.) Repeat.

This should be possible with any Exdeath and you can use any whale Noct (like mine).

The low bar for candies on ELT should be around 670/run. No rabites encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom