• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refia is a beast with +Element gear (Minerva Bustier, Force Shield, this event's Spirit Hat, Garnet's TM Melodies of Life). Add +HP gear to her, and she's even better. Basically, she's so useful that you want to ensure she doesn't die (and can toss a Dualcasted Curaja), and that means +HP.
Cool, only have 1 muscle belt, crafting 2 new muscle belts now

kiaaa

It's not just that. It's the -- for lack of a better term: income inequality.

I've spent a few hundreds of dollars on this game, mostly because I don't really buy any other games, and hey, iTunes fingerprint-purchasing is easy. I expect an advantage; I don't expect to be more than, say, one standard deviation from the mean.

For instance, there's no "pity counter." It took Chrono how long to pull his first 5*? And when he did, I was so happy: the community won! And yet ... me, who will actually never use Yun, got him on my third Lunar New Year ticket. And this is only slightly less offensive than pulling Greg on a daily pull!

I'm basically embarrassed to state my team these days, because the community justifies the experience. I realize that's insane. Basically, it's this: if I managed to score Randi, from a game I never even played, over someone who grew up loving SoM, I'd be mortified. I would rather have a 3* Sabin.

Ugh.

Basically, long rant, but: Troll Crystals have to stop, and we need a 5* pity counter.

I wouldn't be opposed to a 5 star increase like FE Heroes has, but that game also has ridiculous requirements for upgrades to their 5 star. Fortunately, you can pull a pretty great team with only 3 star bases if you're patient.

I completely understand the desire for 5 star bases, though. They destroy content in a way I find incredibly satisfying. Obviously some people find enjoyment in tackling content with roadblocks in place (go Valentus), but I get why not everyone wants to do that, too.

Valentus

So i added 15 more slots to my friend list and reached the Max 130

If someone wants yo add me: 866176087

I have now a little exdeath 690 mag

Your exdeath is awesome for this event. I could almost clear the ELT with him and 5 crappy low level primm.
He needed to one shot everything and he did until the end

chrono01

Haha yea I was really excited when you got a 5* finally :)! Yea that is my issue too, its just too much of a time investment for little/no reward at this point. I would rather put the time towards other games. I just platted FFXV last Sunday, I started TLG today and want to beat that and Doom before Horizon comes out! Way too many other games to play for me right now lol. good luck, whatever you decide to do!
I haven't decided to quit just yet, I might become a little less active but still log in every day, do my dailies, etc. I just need a break I think, from the hardcore grind of it all. Not dropping the game completely by any means, though!

Well, I gotta admit, I'm pretty fucking lucky in this game. I spent $20 in this game during FF3 banner and didn't get shit, but since then, I've gotten Greg, Noctis, and now Randi off of daily pulls.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ONx5f0L.png[/IMG]
Congrats on the Randi!

Today's half pull!

REFIA!!!!!!!!!!
Finally
Man, congrats.

Would you believe I still don't have her? It's insane.

I just did 2 more tickets after that rant.

Trey.

Then Randi. Because of course. I was bored, maybe wanted another Primm, and felt like 40 tickets made more sense than 42 because a rate-up seemed justified and I'm OCD about numbers so I wanted 40...

I'm so sorry. Not sarcasm. If I could gift him to the first person (without a base 5*) who quoted me, I would. I'll share him for the event. Maybe that will help a little. I love this game; I hate this game.
Haha, congrats on the Randi! Funny how it all works out, huh? >_<

Daily Blue
Oh no Yellow
What Rainbow???
Am i going to get another Randi?

Nope Agrias lolol.
Luckily I dont have her yet.
Sorry for the troll rainbow, but congrats on the Agrias! From what I've read, her enhanced form is pretty amazing.

You can send me a request when you have room:

Oh so yesterday I used 85 Arena Tickets, that was pretty satisfying :D.

Sitting on 100 ish Arena tix and 12k arena medals now. Can't wait to take an entire day going through it all when I finally decide to start using them again lol.

Valentus

Cool, only have 1 muscle belt, crafting 2 new muscle belts now

This is the refia you should aim for:

screenshot_2017-02-05t1oaf.png

screenshot_2017-02-05reo9h.png

screenshot_2017-02-05oiq1d.png

Lyrian

Basically, long rant, but: Troll Crystals have to stop, and we need a 5* pity counter.

I had a typical long and wordy response to this, but then the light bulb kind of flickered on in my head.

Troll crystals, especially rainbow ones, are incredibly painful to experience. However, consider the consequences of this change. Once this change happens, the expectations of team building drastically change. As Shouta mentioned, post-change, blue crystals are really nothing more than bonus unit filler or meant for TM farming only and are otherwise useless. Why? Because of the increased accessibility for 4* and 5* base units.

General expectations would be to field a team of full 4* bases for normal content, with the potential to slowly stumble over random 5* bases naturally over time for trials and similar content.

It's classic power creep at it's finest.

All that said, Global is still ~2 months away from the point in the game's life where the crystal summon change occurred. Perhaps if FE really takes away significant population from FFBE, the change might be accelerated. However, it is all but a practical guarantee that the change will not occur in any form until after the Orlandu banner. There's no way Gumi is passing up on that cash cow one more time before the change.

Heh, went long and wordy anyways.

This is the refia you should aim for:

Very nice Refia there, Val.

How in the universe have you never maxed out your friends list before today?

Lyrian

How's everyone doing? This mana event is meh at best.

Mana event isn't that bad. There's been a lot worse. Lich music is awesome. Definitely shows as an older event. Power creep has made a cakewalk of the fights, with only ELT requiring anything over Auto for a decently developed team.

All tickets down, hanging onto the last 3 before throwing them away on this banner to see what the Valentine's Day banner will bring.

Rabbite spawns "feel" like Doublicorn spawns. But, now, with the **awesome** (NOT) inclusion of RNG to determine how much of a bonus the rabbites yield. That blows chunks hardcore.

Still, progress is moving along. Ling will be finished today, and in the absence of now being almost 3 standard deviations away from the mean in bad luck for Primm on this banner, I'll start working on the Chiz that finally decided to show up.

Lyrian

Interesting random data point from Reddit:

Cloud was just released on JP, and players are already discovering new caps that were previously unreachable.

-- Similar to stat boosts, the maximum boost from stacking an effect is also capped at 300%.

Thus, Cloud (the first unit that can actually hit this cap given current gear/TMs there), +300% DH bonus.

No one's posted a picture of a Cloud with that kind of boost yet on Reddit, but the claim has been verified by Nazta as legit.

Oh... and can I haz 3* Bahamut plz? Rydia would **love** the insane damage output from the datamined stats of him
(12.8k HP 12.6k MP 12k to all stats. EVERYTHING.)

Celegus

Took 15 tickets just to get 3 bonus units (3 Popoi). Troll golds for Fran, Kuja, and Ludmille... done with this one other than dailies.

tuffymon

Interesting random data point from Reddit:

Cloud was just released on JP, and players are already discovering new caps that were previously unreachable.

-- Similar to stat boosts, the maximum boost from stacking an effect is also capped at 300%.

Thus, Cloud (the first unit that can actually hit this cap given current gear/TMs there), caps out at +300% ATK and +300 DH bonus.

No one's posted a picture of a Cloud with that kind of boost yet on Reddit, but the claim has been verified by Nazta as legit.

Oh... and can I haz 3* Bahamut plz? Rydia would **love** the insane damage output from the datamined stats of him
(12.8k HP 12.6k MP 12k to all stats. EVERYTHING.)

Wth... are those stats... I mean ya, hail to the king baby... Although that is 3* stats, I'd need to see some comparison to like 3* ifrit.

So true doublehand equates to what exactly a flat number? or is that just super maxed out?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

Maaaaaaan. I don't know if it's that the axe is primarily for a 2nd-tier DPS like Mercedes, or the crown just doesn't move me. And I'm not a huge fan of unit-specific equip that isn't really even as good as available non-specific equip, much less TMs. Even if I did land Randi, neither he nor Primm really fit my playstyle at all. So the grind on this particular event hasn't been as fun so far.

Still, I already got all the gigantuars to max out my Yun and level Ling up to 6*. I have all but one ticket and will pick up the axe, the crown, the 30k moogle, and whatever 6* mats I have time for after that. I don't really want the axe (if I HAVE to I have 3 Mercedes and can grab those in a pinch) and the crown doesn't have any room on any conceivable team I'd run at this point.

It's just that all my Noctis TMs I need -- Sakurafubuki (86%), Blade Mastery (72%), Bracer (70%) are achingly close and I have Seal of Destruction (47%) and Black Cowl (29%) are ever closer. Feel like every minute chasing equip I don't really want is wasted time when the next event I actually WILL want to grind comes up and I won't have time (nrg) for TMs.

So that's where I'm at. Half-heartedly grinding this thing because, thank nrg jesus, I have Noctis + ExDeath and it's super easy. But mostly just TM farming because that's really what I should be doing.

Aside: I truly love the event's background art, the art on the bosses (seriously lovely reminders of the early non-FF Square era when they were going head-to-head with Enix), and the music on the last two bosses is great. All that said, can anyone say this event does our favorite game justice? Would've loved more of an exploration event and to discover that world one more time. :|

jnWake

Lol I got trolled bu the game for the first time today.

1/2 pull was a repeat Shadow.
Used a ticket for a repeat Edge.

I wanted to get a new unit at least so I used another ticket and got... Edge lol.

Oh well, will keep on training my Yun and Seven for now.

Lyrian

Wth... are those stats... I mean ya, hail to the king baby... Although that is 3* stats, I'd need to see some comparison to like 3* ifrit.

So true doublehand equates to what exactly a flat number? or is that just super maxed out?

Bahamut's 1* form in terms of raw stats destroys all other espers. It's not even close. He has 6k to all stats at 1*. Getting him to 3* max, once available, is going to be very difficult unless another tier of magicites (gigacites?) are released as the xp table says 3* espers need an insane amount of xp to hit level 50.

Cloud's "true doublehand" is +100% ATK.

Cloud, with max pots has 194 ATK + whatever gear he has on. Add 300% to that for +%ATK gear/materia and +300% more for DH and watch the numbers skyrocket. Add in Ramza's singing for +100% ATK and... yeah.... some people just want to see the world implode.

Small note: Reddit is now saying that Cloud currently can't hit both caps simultaneously, so he has some room for ATK growth still.

Stat page: Link

Lyrian

Also, in terms of roflmao power creep:

Soldier 1st class (passive) --> +30% to all stats, +50% MP/MP
30% chance to counter physical and magical attacks
Innate +3 LB crystals/ turn
50% chance to ignore up to 3 attacks per fight that would kill him if he has at least 40% life before the attack hit (passive)

Active ability with 300% mod with 80% paralyze
Many abilities with defense ignore
Max LB is normalized to 2100% mod

Lyrian

Didn't they say they were going to buff all the espers stats?

They buffed the attacking damage of espers, not their stats.

The best analogy to use here (because no one knows the exact esper damage formula), is to consider an esper attack an equivalent to using a limit break. In that sense, the devs greatly buffed the mod rating on the esper's attack itself and not the esper's stats.

For example,

Shiva 2* Global (best general overall damage esper [ignoring element resistance/weakness]): 1680 "power" for Diamond Dust.
Bahamut 1* JP (using buffed values): 30000 "power" for Mega Flare.

General consensus is that most espers on JP are hitting for ~10x or more base damage than what they were previously.

Valentus

Bahamut's 1* form in terms of raw stats destroys all other espers. It's not even close. He has 6k to all stats at 1*. Getting him to 3* max, once available, is going to be very difficult unless another tier of magicites (gigacites?) are released as the xp table says 3* espers need an insane amount of xp to hit level 50.

Cloud's "true doublehand" is +100% ATK.

Cloud, with max pots has 194 ATK + whatever gear he has on. Add 300% to that for +%ATK gear/materia and +300% more for DH and watch the numbers skyrocket. Add in Ramza's singing for +100% ATK and... yeah.... some people just want to see the world implode.

Small note: Reddit is now saying that Cloud currently can't hit both caps simultaneously, so he has some room for ATK growth still.

Stat page: Link

Doublehanded incremental atk is different as normal incremental atk

Because one affects equip atk and the other affects base atk

So we have (in jp)

Cloud innate true doublehanded + 2 clouds TM = 300% equip atk

If you equip 2 rings of Luci , thats 60% atk. 194 * 0.6 = 117,6 atk

But if instead of 2 rings of Luci, you equip 2 bracers , thats (30*2) * 300% = 180 atk of the 300% of doublehanded, plus the 60 atk of both bracers = 240 atk

Thats just madness.

Brave suit = 29,1
Demon mail = 10 atk + (10*300%) = 40 atk

Cloud dont give a fuck about base atk incrementals. Its all about equip atk incrementals

Alkez

General consensus is that most espers on JP are hitting for ~10x or more base damage than what they were previously.

Ah I see. Damn that's a big buff. A much needed buff though. The only ones worth using were Golem's and Carbuncle's. Hopefully this is a hint towards 6* Garnet.

Shouta

I had a typical long and wordy response to this, but then the light bulb kind of flickered on in my head.

Troll crystals, especially rainbow ones, are incredibly painful to experience. However, consider the consequences of this change. Once this change happens, the expectations of team building drastically change. As Shouta mentioned, post-change, blue crystals are really nothing more than bonus unit filler or meant for TM farming only and are otherwise useless. Why? Because of the increased accessibility for 4* and 5* base units.

General expectations would be to field a team of full 4* bases for normal content, with the potential to slowly stumble over random 5* bases naturally over time for trials and similar content.

It's classic power creep at it's finest.

All that said, Global is still ~2 months away from the point in the game's life where the crystal summon change occurred. Perhaps if FE really takes away significant population from FFBE, the change might be accelerated. However, it is all but a practical guarantee that the change will not occur in any form until after the Orlandu banner. There's no way Gumi is passing up on that cash cow one more time before the change.

Heh, went long and wordy anyways.

Very nice Refia there, Val.

How in the universe have you never maxed out your friends list before today?

Technically, 3-stars become TM units because of power creep and not the crystal change. It's actually a good thing they do that because it gives access to powerful stuff more readily if you're willing to summon quite a bit or macro.

Anyway, Cloud is out now and my pulls are:

Tickets:
1. Rasler
2. William - New Unit
3. Rakasha
4. Ingus
5. Hayate
6. Artemios
7. William - New Unit
8. Charlotte
9. Abel
10. Wakka

Half-price:

Edgar

10+1:

1. William - New
2. Medius
3. William - New
4. Cinque
5. Conrad - New
6. Heretic
7. Grom
8. Miyuki
9. Shiera
10. Grom
11. Aria

Lots of Williams but no Clouds. I might spend a bit for pulls this time around but I'm not gonna expect much, lol. I got an Edgar after so long though. That's super handy as I need Machine Killer. I'm annoyed they put another 5-star in this banner with Cloud but I guess that's to be expected that they didn't want to give the full pick-up rate to just him.

tuffymon

Doublehanded incremental atk is different as normal incremental atk

Because one affects equip atk and the other affects base atk

So we have (in jp)

Cloud innate true doublehanded + 2 clouds TM = 300% equip atk

If you equip 2 rings of Luci , thats 60% atk. 194 * 0.6 = 117,6 atk

But if instead of 2 rings of Luci, you equip 2 bracers , thats (30*2) * 300% = 180 atk of the 300% of doublehanded, plus the 60 atk of both bracers = 240 atk

Thats just madness.

Brave suit = 29,1
Demon mail = 10 atk + (10*300%) = 40 atk

Cloud dont give a fuck about base atk incrementals. Its all about equip atk incrementals

I'm glad I looked again and saw (Jp)... but using the values of 2 cloud tm's is uhh crazy >.>; and of course doubtful it'll ever stack here. Sometimes its like comparing two completely different games... It's pretty to look at, but you know you'll never have it~

Fantomex

You can send me a request when you have room:

Oh so yesterday I used 85 Arena Tickets, that was pretty satisfying :D.

Sent!

Technically, 3-stars become TM units because of power creep and not the crystal change. It's actually a good thing they do that because it gives access to powerful stuff more readily if you're willing to summon quite a bit or macro.

Anyway, Cloud is out now and my pulls are:

Tickets:
1. Rasler
2. William - New Unit
3. Rakasha
4. Ingus
5. Hayate
6. Artemios
7. William - New Unit
8. Charlotte
9. Abel
10. Wakka

Half-price:

Edgar

10+1:

1. William - New
2. Medius
3. William - New
4. Cinque
5. Conrad - New
6. Heretic
7. Grom
8. Miyuki
9. Shiera
10. Grom
11. Aria

Lots of Williams but no Clouds. I might spend a bit for pulls this time around but I'm not gonna expect much, lol. I got an Edgar after so long though. That's super handy as I need Machine Killer. I'm annoyed they put another 5-star in this banner with Cloud but I guess that's to be expected that they didn't want to give the full pick-up rate to just him.

By the way, is Cloud up there with Noctis, ExDeath in terms of power levels? Or is it more nostalgia? I'm hyped about hineither way.

Zalasta

Anyone actually seen Rabites in pro? I've ran ELT 31 times and pro 29, the 4 encounters I've had with Rabites have always been in ELT.

Shouta

Sent!

By the way, is Cloud up there with Noctis, ExDeath in terms of power levels? Or is it more nostalgia? I'm hyped about hineither way.

He's up there with JP Noctis, whether or not he's more powerful will remain to be seen. ExDeath is pretty lackluster in JP currently because of power creep and chain meta making it hard for him to compete.

Muku

Bored. Second Mog King that is up... and wasting all the Cactaur by letting them rot on him as I've no one to take advantage of it. (I mean I guess I could do lowbie shit, but no one worth a shit to go farm the mats to obtain them all.)

This event is kind of meh. I'll give props on couple non character specific equipment, but they're so high that I'm only going to be going for a few things this time. Feels like a gigantic waste of time. I've gotten lucky on Rabites, but even still.... I've little motivation this event.

I feel like this banner has been pretty awful too. Not for just me but for folks overall. And it's not even about Randi. I feel like I'm pulling bottom barrel shit (not Shadow and Bedile kind, but just the rank above it) again. There are Blues I don't have but here, have another Rakshasa. Damnit game. Damnit.

Anyone actually seen Rabites in pro? I've ran ELT 31 times and pro 29, the 4 encounters I've had with Rabites have always been in ELT.

I only run Pro on main and alt account. I've seen quite a bit on main. Last night I had two back to back run ins of one each on main. Last night on my alt I had my first run in with a batch of 5.

Valentus

Sent!

So you can have an idea:

The unit with most atk in global right now is yun with 930 atk

Using only equips of global, clouds arsenal should be:

Excalibur 120 atk
Black cowl 28 atk
Demon mail 10 atk
2 x bracers 60 atk

Total 218 atk
300% of doublehanded materias and passives (+300% to equip atk) = 654 atk

Base atk 194 atk
Power of creation 58,2 atk
Lunge combo 38,8 atk
+30% atk passive 58,2 atk
Ifrit esper 53 atk

Total atk = 1273,6 atk

And im using only global equip and materias (aside of cloud TM)

And his limit break does 1600% damage yo an enemy in lvl 1... so you tell me.

So you can have an idea:

The unit with most atk in global right now is yun with 930 atk

Using only equips of global, clouds arsenal should be:

Excalibur 120 atk
Black cowl 28 atk
Demon mail 10 atk
2 x bracers 60 atk

Total 211 atk
300% of doublehanded materias and passives (+300% to equip atk) = 633 atk

Base atk 194 atk
Power of creation 58,2 atk
Lunge combo 38,8 atk
+30% atk passive 58,2 atk
Ifrit esper 53 atk

Total atk = 1246,2 atk

And im using only global equip and materias (aside of cloud TM)

And his limit break does 1600% damage yo an enemy in lvl 1... so you tell me.

Cloud sounds like a bad ass, I wont get him but when would he be dropping by in Global. I know we dont know exact dates..

Muku

Running Pro right now burning NRG on main. 3 Rabites appear!

I don't know if I'm just getting lucky this event or what, but I hope they keep it this way in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom