• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Ikr, I got 8 Fangs, 6 Sazhs, a Hope and a Snow...

Sad thing is, in all of this, my husband has only gotten two Sazh's. He doesn't use more than one of the same character in a party, so he effectively has had one to farm the event. This morning he was so frustrated. He did some extra pulls. One of them was Gold -> WoL. Made me extremely jealous as that is his second. ;_;

After a few more pulls, he ended up FINALLY getting a Fang. Fang drops like freaking water for me.

Also, these pulls were never that great for me, so if they adjusted them again, I can't tell. But if so, congrats on all the lucky winners. I'm ready for the freaking Gold crystal change though.

Malakhov

Banned
Great, thanks guys.
Yeah the increased drops makes this actually fun now. I can get 1000 gears in a run with a Lightning friend, my Lightning, Gilgamesh and tons of fangs.

Malakhov

Banned
Oh my daily was Cloud of Darkness (3 star), not too bad I guess.
So I may go for both Trust Moogles now.
Its crazy, I've gotten Rosa as a daily and Amarant from a ticket. Never pulled those before, its much much more fun to be pulling these instead of the same old Lunas and clynes.

Muku

Thank you to all the Lightnings up from GAF. Making it easier to run this event at Pro level to get tickets and some things on my alt. Not like Delita and CoD (not even at 6* yet) can carry this pathetic group. Plus the bonus is sweet.

Celegus

No Fang/Hope/Lightning here yet, but I already had 2 Snow and 2 Sazh from last week. Celes was my daily, further proving the blue crystal change. I do have almost 50 tickets saved up for a better banner and back over 10k lapis after the gilgamesh mess.

robotuw

I should have everything I want from this event by the end of the day. It's crazy how this event went from totally hopeless to where I can get the tickets, cactuars, thunderfall, star quartz, scream root, crafting materials, and cheap awakening materials all in a single weekend. I think if anything Gumi overshot and were a little too generous. I'd be surprised if we have it this good next time.

I should have everything I want from this event by the end of the day. It's crazy how this event went from totally hopeless to where I can get the tickets, cactuars, thunderfall, star quartz, scream root, crafting materials, and cheap awakening materials all in a single weekend. I think if anything Gumi overshot and were a little too generous. I'd be surprised if we have it this good next time.

The amount after the change is perfect it's still not great without bonus units so it still gets you to do what they want you to do and that's pull.

UrSuLeTzU

I've got WoL so I should farm the winged saint for further down the road?

Also, done getting Lightning to lvl 100. Now sharing her instead of snow for the event, it feels so good!

I've got it crafting right now. I'd say it's one of the best weapons for him given it gives a pretty sizeable defence boost which I think is unique to a weapon slot, so I'd say definitely go for it. Only 10k so 12-15 runs with a couple bonus units

Duuude, you have no idea! I put Winged Saint and Thorn Mace on my Snow and he's wreking all kinds of shit in the Arena with Area Blast, it gives him some nice xtra def and with the weekly buff +400 atk my Snow is a monster in the Arena. Just imagine what he could do with a Kaiser Knuckle or 2 and his belt :D

UrSuLeTzU

So what's the consensus now? Dual wield or dual cast?

Dual wield for sure if you can make use of it then dual cast for your healer. Ideally you would have a dual cast on Refia for emergency double full raise and one on Cecil for double Curaja/esuna(I think it's worth farming one for him).

Lyrian

Finding time to post while visiting family kind of sucks.

Had the GF take my daily pull: GOLD again --> Hope

Roflmao. There you go. Science clearly states here that you get good pulls when someone else pulls for you (especially when you are quietly expecting them to pull poorly).

And now she's interested in the game....

One of us, one of us... :)~

Muku

Just pulled 3 Fangs in a row on alt after getting that as Daily. Please shoot me now.

FFFFF REALLY? Make that FOUR in a row...

Muku

It is an excellent weapon for Snow as well if you want him to be more tanky or if your crazy like me and want Snow to dualwield maces&fists in the arena :

Sad part is the one I didn't get from first weeks banner was Snow. :(
This week it's Lightning that they won't give me. Have everyone else though. >_<

Celegus

Roflmao. There you go. Science clearly states here that you get good pulls when someone else pulls for you (especially when you are quietly expecting them to pull poorly).

lol that's how my wife got into it. "Oooooh shiny crystals!! Can I summon for you?! SUMMON MORE!!!"

robotuw

So BE follows the same rules as the videotape from Ringu? You only get a Lightning if you get someone else hooked on the game?

chrono01

Thanks man - honestly im done pulling for now, the only unit i really need or want now would be Cecil...but he doesnt like me. More importantly i hope that some of my luck swaps over - you are due for base 5*.

In a perfect world everyone Gaffer will rock a useful 5* unit - so best of luck, maybe we get a kickass Christmas/Holiday Gacha.

Are you interested in the FF0 Units ? Never played it so i will likely skip that one since i dont know the characters.
I'm not especially interested in Type-0, unless the characters are good. I'll probably save/skip the next few banners after FFXIII, in-preparation for Orlandu/Tidus. Might pull on the Majin Fina banner, though.

That lovely moment when you waste 20 nrg because you assumed one of the daily challenges was explorations. Sigh. That will teach me to read before I start my dailies.
This happened to me before, but thankfully it was only 6 NRG (Earth Shrine Exploration). I felt stupid afterwards, so now I always check before I do anything daily-related.

:D Finally, my first one. I think I'm gunna cry
Congrats on the Zidane! A lot of us seem to be getting our first with this banner.

Woo...I finally have my first 500+ attack unit!

My Chiz with her new Doublehand and Blade Mastery. Only have the fire katana and no other TMs, just hero rings and tiger/gi. I know it's silly to get pumped for since gaf is just chalk full of great units, but, as someone who has never received a 5* and has been around since beta, it's very exciting!
Congrats! :)

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
Seriously. Repeat carrying over from the current floor to the next is massive. I've wanted that for so long.

I've been meaning to ask, when you hit Repeat, and a buff increase ability is activated (say, Refia's Embolden), does it activate right away before the buff shows on your status bars, or do you need to wait? I've always waited, since I've been doing it manually when I've needed to re-apply the buff, but I'm not entirely sure if I need to wait or not. If I didn't it would certainly make the repeating of the previous function(s) across floors even more wanted.

Very busy weekend but look at the daily I've gotten guys.

Crystal rainbow!

Rainbows were extremely rare for me, but I have gotten 4 in the last 3 days and 3 of them were trolls...Chizuru, Agrias and Firion.

I can't complain though, I've wanted Chiz since I've started playing. I wanted that blade mastery badly.
All of that luck, congrats man! Chizzy is pretty great, and she'll have her 6* soon.

Hmmm should I? :p I've got all the abilities and weapons, so not wanting much else.

t4QPO8Yl.png
Yes. I'd grab all of the tickets + the 30k Trust Moogle, IMO. Then, after that, the 6* awakening material, as well as whatever Gigantuar you need/want to level your current characters.

It's all...part of the plan...

c-murph

Just pulled 3 Fangs in a row on alt after getting that as Daily. Please shoot me now.

FFFFF REALLY? Make that FOUR in a row...

That was me and Sazh. All my dailies. I have like 9 of him. I guess I can grind out two or three Dice and give them to my lightnings for the Arena. lul.

lordcyno

Got my lightning to 100 and finished batch #2 of tms (sakurafubuki, power of creation, rising sun, save the queen and dual wield #2)

Used all my lapis on android farming tms so finally time to concentrate on the event.

Kouriozan

Didn't know that 6* Chizuru get a 5 hits AoE attack, damn I gotta max the 2 I have for some sweet wind elemental chains.
So uh, Chistmas Maze Gumi please?

Malakhov

Banned
Winged saint in the oven, thanks for the advice guys. Ill now go for the 30k trust moogle since the drop is much better now and its not bad getting all those megacites.

Muku

I might have to farm mats for it on both accounts then. Just in case I get Snow or WoL on either. Thank you guys.

Decided 4 more pulls on alt before I call it on this banner. Will still be doing daily pulls though.

Blue -> Alma
ain't got no time for a stone thrower
Blue -> Exdeath (OMG YES!! Only have Kefka right now... time to work on Exdeath instead!)
Blue -> Gold -> Fang
god damn you
Blue -> Sazh (again.. freaking whoopie)

Still have some tickets left. Just hoping to pull anything worth a crap, in this banner or not. Just not my time I guess. Will be buying tickets from this event and saving them too. And all you Fangs can go screw yourselves. Freaking fangs.

Wazzy

Banned
I finally awakened my Ramza lol I'm going to try and max level him soon. I pulled Vanille recently in her 5* form so I've been also working on maxing her out. I bought her weapon with the gears and now I'm not sure what else to save up for with the event.

I need to go work on my summons since I haven't really bothered recently.

c-murph

Spent a couple hundred lapis to level my second Lightning and Snow to 6* and Vanille to 5*... Still a long way to go until level 100 and 80.

unrealist

I was on a 97 Arena win streak .. when this happened: both our teams got wiped minus one on each side. My Refia got focused fired by their whole team first turn and their CoD proceeded to petrify my entire team minus my own CoD.

So the battle went on, and their Lightning was a a 1-2% HP left (like maybe one more hit to kill her). I had my CoD up with full HP .. guess what, in the next 4.5 turns, Lightning dodged all of my attacks and whittled my CoD down. RNG is evil..

Syntsui

I was on a 97 Arena win streak .. when this happened: both our teams got wiped minus one on each side. My Refia got focused fired by their whole team first turn and their CoD proceeded to petrify my entire team minus my own CoD.

So the battle went on, and their Lightning was a a 1-2% HP left (like maybe one more hit to kill her). I had my CoD up with full HP .. guess what, in the next 4.5 turns, Lightning dodged all of my attacks and whittled my CoD down. RNG is evil..
You could have used Thundaga....

unrealist

It's because my CoD was out of mana due to Lance by Elza first turn too .. I was wondering .. how come my Lance doesn't seem to leech as much mana as the AI? When the AI cast lance, it always drain my entire mana bar.

Syntsui

It's because my CoD was out of mana due to Lance by Elza first turn too .. I was wondering .. how come my Lance doesn't seem to leech as much mana as the AI? When the AI cast lance, it always drain my entire mana bar.
Max MP will always vary from character to character and some of them recover MP over time, CoD doesn't.

Syrus

Banned
Agrias to 80 finally , DKC 6 star 36 and Cod in 5 star.

Soon.

May level rain if he's better then agrias. Dunno if chip is worth it if I got lightning , DKC and CoD

Valentus

Chiz. AOE and mirage

Yes, but its not totally true.

Chizuru is a better brute force, lets see bartz ATK with the best equip:

Bartz 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Sakurafubuki +98ATK
Left Hand: Kaiser Knuckles +101ATK
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 1: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Accessory 2: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 3: Lunge Combo +10%MP+20%ATK+20%DEF
Ability 4: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 4523 MP: 200 ATK: 662 DEF: 374 MAG: 210 SPR: 175

While chizuru 6 star i can calculate:

Base: 154 (188)
Passives (ATK+20% and katana master 25%) : 69,3 (84,6)
Sakurafubuki x2: 196
Black Cowl: 28
Brave Suit: 23,1 (28,2)
Bracer: 30
Genji Glove: 15,4 (18,8)

Blade Mastery: 77 (94)
Power of creation: 46,2 (56,4)
ATK+20% x2: 61,6 (75,2)

Ifrit: 51

Total: 751,6 ATK

And thats without pots, with pots, bartz can get 731 ATK, while Chizuru with pots can reach 850 ATK... Thats insanelly high for chizuru, it even gets 2 ATK down compared to gilgamesh (852 ATK) a base 5 star.

But in versatility, chizuru is just a damage dealer and thats it. It doesnt have any elemental damage, it dont have auxiliary skills, and cant equip any kind of magic. Its just a very strong truck that hits hard.

While bartz has sacrifice (his star skill), entrust (ideal to accelerate Cecil's lv25 lb) and has wind resistance down. Also he can equip lv5 white/black/green magic.

If you only compare damage. Chizuru is top tier... the second best in the game (and only short by 2 ATK), while bartz is more versatile, and still in the damage department, he can do respectable damage.

Broseybrose

Mad unit leveling weekend finally calming down!

Spent the weekend solely at the Cactaur Dunes - also bought the remaining 65 Gigantaurs from Mog - to get Bartz and Exdeath to lvl 90. They join CoD, Cecil, and Refia as my 5 6* units and my go-to team.

Also 5* maxed Tillith, Kain, Arc. Still have to max Garland and Firion but got them to 5* lvl30-ish.

And I pulled all of the FF13 units EXCEPT Lightning and Snow. I use a party of Sazh, Vanille, Hope, and Fang with Exdeath (450mag!!!) and a friend Lightning to run the event.

Good times. Good Game. Not even mad that Ive never pulled a rainbow!

Also still missing WoL and Chiz!

H3xum

Yes, but its not totally true.

The case could be made for a lot of people when you take BiS equips into consideration. The long and the short of it is, if you have a 5* DPS, you're not going to prioritize Bartz or Chiz over them when it comes to the aforementioned equips in your scenario. That being said, if it is boiling down to those two being your heavy hitter choices, you are going to want AOE because you don't have any Hit Alls or whatever to clear things quick and effeciently.

Sure, Bartz in some Aero weak boss will win out, but, everyday fights, Chiz almost solely because of AOE will be the best option

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The case could be made for a lot of people when you take BiS equips into consideration. The long and the short of it is, if you have a 5* DPS, you're not going to prioritize Bartz or Chiz over them when it comes to the aforementioned equips in your scenario. That being said, if it is boiling down to those two being your heavy hitter choices, you are going to want AOE because you don't have any Hit Alls or whatever to clear things quick and effeciently.

Sure, Bartz in some Aero weak boss will win out, but, everyday fights, Chiz almost solely because of AOE will be the best option

The mark for testing units has always been boss fights, not AoEing weak packs down quickly.

What Val said is true, Chizzy is just a power house. Her base ATK is stronger than 5* units, but she offers nothing else. No chaining, no resistance debuffs, no side utility. She just hits hard.

Buttz on the other hand can damage deal, decrease resistance, but also his strongest skill makes him almost irreplaceable in some fights. What he lacks is a solid chaining move or strong finisher.

Woooo finally finished my first ever TM while out of the house! One Dualcast down, two to go. Put it on Lenna. I now have a couple questions:

1. What TM should I learn now? My top options are: MAG 30%, Rising Sun (I have a CoD now), Omnirod, Letters and Arms (I have two Ingus' and an ExDeath so maybe hold off until I can put both of them in?), Maximillian, Ribbon, Sakarufabuki, Aegis Shield, and Barrage.

I'm thinking it's between Rising Sun, Sakarafabuki, and MAG 30% for what's the highest priority but I'd like advice from you wise sages.

2.. What should I do with this Ludmille? he should give 5 or 10% TM boost to one of my others if I fuse him into it, right?

3.. I was planning on doing 3 dual casts but with ExDeath it seems like I'd only need two. Should I stick with learning three for a future black mage that doesn't have it inherently? This would only be necessary if I ever get Cecil up and use it with him otherwise I'd only need 2 for my healer and one mage.

H3xum

The mark for testing units has always been boss fights, not AoEing weak packs down quickly.

What Val said is true, Chizzy is just a power house. Her base ATK is stronger than 5* units, but she offers nothing else. No chaining, no resistance debuffs, no side utility. She just hits hard.

Buttz on the other hand can damage deal, decrease resistance, but also his strongest skill makes him almost irreplaceable in some fights. What he lacks is a solid chaining move or strong finisher.

But Chiz still wins there as well. I was going overall with the exception of the Aero weak dudes.

I guess I am having a hard time giving the sacrifice skill of Bartz the respect it probably deserves because to this point, trails and bosses are just 3 turn kills, so my opinion may change

I can't say it with certainty since I am just going off of boards, but, I thought Chiz's AOE chain potential is great at 6*

Valentus

But Chiz still wins there as well. I was going overall with the exception of the Aero weak dudes.

I guess I am having a hard time giving the sacrifice skill of Bartz the respect it probably deserves because to this point, trails and bosses are just 3 turn kills, so my opinion may change

I can't say it with certainty since I am just going off of boards, but, I thought Chiz's AOE chain potential is great at 6*

the next trial (Io) is a multi fight trial like Great Demon, so unless you are really stacked, you could potentially need sacrifice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom