• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

Woooo finally finished my first ever TM while out of the house! One Dualcast down, two to go. Put it on Lenna. I now have a couple questions:

1. What TM should I learn now? My top options are: MAG 30%, Rising Sun (I have a CoD now), Omnirod, Letters and Arms (I have two Ingus' and an ExDeath so maybe hold off until I can put both of them in?), Maximillian, Ribbon, Sakarufabuki, Aegis Shield, and Barrage.

I'm thinking it's between Rising Sun, Sakarafabuki, and MAG 30% for what's the highest priority but I'd like advice from you wise sages.

2.. What should I do with this Ludmille? he should give 5 or 10% TM boost to one of my others if I fuse him into it, right?

3.. I was planning on doing 3 dual casts but with ExDeath it seems like I'd only need two. Should I stick with learning three for a future black mage that doesn't have it inherently? This would only be necessary if I ever get Cecil up and use it with him otherwise I'd only need 2 for my healer and one mage.

1.- The advice i give (and you can see how CCIE is really motivated now with her lightning) is that you try to maximize one unit with TMs and make it really strong.

Always is better have only one full powerfull unit and 4 weaks than 5 moderate powerfull units.

That said, you must think what unit you want to stack first. If it is a damage dealer, then you should get the following:

Excalibur / Save the Queen / Death Bringer
Sakurafubuki
Black Cowl
Bracers
Blade Mastery
Power of Creation
Lunge Combo / Seal of Destruction

If its a Exdeath, it should be:

Omnirod
Omnirod
New Trial Helm
Force Armor
Earrings
Earrings

Dual Weild
MAG+30%
MAG+30%
MAG+30%

If its your healer:

Magi Staff
Aegis Shield
Creepy Mask
Lordly Robe / Minerva Bustier
Muscle Belt
Muscle Belt

Melody of Life
HP+30%
Dualcast
Equip Heavy Shield Materia

If you dont have all of that, dont worry, eventually it'll come to you.

2.- You talk about your 100% TM ludmille? she is useless now. One full TM'd unit dont give shit to another unit if fused.

3.- Honestly, i think you'll need only one dualcast... for your healer. If you need to throw 4 curajas in a turn (with cecil and refia) its because you are in real trouble in the rest of the fight. Now that you have one dualcast you should focus on another TMs that power the stats of your characters.

First, thanks for responding!

I currently have Excalibur and Dual Wield cooking, the other three were all Ludmilles. Does Dark Fina have dual wield already? If not, wouldn't it be useful to have a second one in case someone eclipses ExDeath? You do make me realize I should focus on what's useful now and the foreseeable future though. I just fused the three Ludmilles together so now the one remaining is in the 90's so can quickly finish that one off later down the road.

I plan on going all out for Orlandu so Sakurafubuki would be nice to pair with Excalibur and right now, CoD is the only DPS I have so Rising Sun should be a priority.

I have Force Armor on my tank so ExDeath has Golden Armor right now but he has two earrings, creepy mask, and the strongest rod I have at the moment.

Interesting to see you put all the defensive equipment on your healer. I actually have Equip H Shield at a pretty high percentage because I pulled so many Charolottes going for Lightning on that banner so I can do that down the road.

Right now I have Excalibur, DW, Rising Sun, Sakurafubuki, and Omnirod in the oven, sound good with what I have? I have one other Arc so once my next one finishes which will be DW since I use moogles on it, I can put him in to learn Omnirod faster.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
DC1 done, Excal 2 done.

DC2 will be done this week.

Maxwell's, Luneth's, Miyuki, and Hayate are all next. So my Luneth will be getting a really nice power boost. I'll probably throw Snow in to replace my other DC when it finishes.

Like everyone else, time to save for that shot at Orlandu. I'll be sad when I fail. I should be able to get some 40-50 tickets for it and I'll do dailies with one 10+1 pull. If he comes as planned(4 Mog King events away), that is another 40 tickets, tickets for the rest of this month, next month, and whatever they give away. So I think maybe even 60 saved up

I would agree for the most part with everything Valentus said except the Exdeath part. If you have no other choice then follow that setup otherwise 4 Letters and Arms with an Enhancer is more powerful and it doesn't waste a Dual Wield on a Mage. Either is a good build obviously.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I would agree for the most part with everything Valentus said except the Exdeath part. If you have no other choice then follow that setup otherwise 4 Letters and Arms with an Enhancer is more powerful and it doesn't waste a Dual Wield on a Mage. Either is a good build obviously.

Letters and Arms is far more limiting TM to only a few characters and you need all 4 to make it better than the 30 MAG. You're also heavily limited by items

30 MAG can be slapped on anyone with the same effect

Letters and Arms is far more limiting TM to only a few characters and you need all 4 to make it better than the 30 MAG. You're also heavily limited by items

30 MAG can be slapped on anyone with the same effect

Again I said the most powerful not the most versatile. Also in a real party you aren't going to be using another Mage in most cases anyway.

Wait, 4 letters and arms? I thought you just needed two to be effective? Damn, only have two of that unit so if you need 4 no point in bothering with that TM.

Yeah not worth going for with less than 4.

Just as well, I'd prefer not to clog two spots with that caliber of TM. If it was two Zidanes or Cecil's that'd be one thing but don't think I really need that setup and can just get a 30% MAG on him later down the road when I can get Shantotto in the rotation.

Flambe

Switched to Amazon for the 3 tickets, didn't notice them being gone then. I've also used Nox and that's saying the same thing. Have never used ios

edit: And they're back, crisis averted o.o. Maybe I just didn't notice them being gone after I switched to Amazon I dunno

Switched to Amazon for the 3 tickets, didn't notice them being gone then. I've also used Nox and that's saying the same thing. Have never used ios

edit: And they're back, crisis averted o.o. Maybe I just didn't notice them being gone after I switched to Amazon I dunno
Amazon Underground version is treated as a different than the Google Play Store version. So just like Android vs iOS, the lapis counts are separate. I am not pulling on this banner, so I didn't notice until I collected a daily + Colo lapis on the Amazon version and only had 70. I'm just going to get to 100, spend it on either 5 more mat slots or a refill then switch back over to Google Play.

Used all my energy all 3 days for cactuars and it took every last one to get Bartz to 100. Hopefully that was worth it!

It was!

I got my Cecil to 100, plus my Firion and Rain to 80. Just awakened Butz to 6* too. Basically, anything that can be 6* should be 6*'ed. I'm trying to future-proof as much as possible by maxing units that can be awakened in the future...

Rixa

Is it still Phantom Forest? Leveling Espers takes so damned long. I'd rather refill the FFXIII event than do a slow exploration.

At the moment I would run ELT event (if one can clear it). Faster and you usually get atleast one Megacite of some colour. You can get up to 3 Megacites (Violet / Black / White), or you can get Sacred Crystals & Holy Crystals and ofc Gears.

Outside of events, its Phantom Forest - Exploration.

Rixa

Sorry about double post.

2- Headed Dragon tip.

Use Bacchus Wine to get Berserk status to your unit, it stacks with Embolden.

Code:
Inflicts berserk status (ATK +50%) on the user. Drink ability required.

FP gacha unit Mel has drink as TM

Embolden + Dual Wield + Twin Lance + Berserk = Nice auto attack damage.
Going to test this when I do my 2-HD, prolly next week when I get Sakurafubuki & Save The Queen ready.

Jayhawk

Where can I find more information on setting up TM farming? What emulator, does it require a specific Android version, do you just download the game from the play store in the emulator, and can you use the same Google account on the emulator?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Firion is a troll pull when hes coming out of a rainbow crystal, sorry but who cares if his 6* version is one of the top units in JP, CoD is as well and they ARE both 3* base.

I DO NOT want to see a cod or firion in a rainbow crystal. That is trolling.

And however you put it, tell that to anyone here like chrono who hasn't pulled a rainbow yet. Tell them that the first time they will get one, it will be firion instead of Gilgamesh, Lightning, DKC etc..

Come on now.

My first pull during the FFV banner was a Rainbow - Artemios. Sure it was a letdown, but it was still a new unit for me. I would have been very happy with Firion instead - or any other non-dupe good unit.

Firion isnt a troll pull doesnt matter if Rainbow or not. Unless they implement the Gacha change a Rainbow showing up doesnt mean shit - since it still can end up being Duane. Medius or Rakshasa.

I also say context matter - just one Rainbow being Firion isnt the same as doing multiple 11-pulls and then not getting any base 5*. Obviously everyone would be disappointed by such a result.

It also doesnt matter what i or everybody else thinks, since you are entitled to have you opinion about your pulls. I also dont know what your box looks like...for many here another Cecil might be a troll pull as well while it would be the best pull ever for me at this point.

My mindset when it comes to Rainbow appearances :

Perfect = Lightning, Ramza, Gilga, Elza, Zidane and co.
Good = Chiz, WoL, Ex-Death, Tillith etc. (unless its a dupe)
Troll = Duane, Rakshasa.(basically any unit with zero value either as a unit or TM)

It sucks...but the chance of not getting a base 5* when pulling a Rainbow is still quite high, so even if they show up i dont really expect one of those units.

I'm not especially interested in Type-0, unless the characters are good. I'll probably save/skip the next few banners after FFXIII, in-preparation for Orlandu/Tidus. Might pull on the Majin Fina banner, though.

Same - not really interested in FF0 unit though the TMs seem to be quite good. Then again im outta Lapis for now anyway...saving up for Orlandu/Tidus seems like i good idea.

Unless they drop a kick-ass Chrismas/New-Years Banner on us.

Razmos

Where can I find more information on setting up TM farming? What emulator, does it require a specific Android version, do you just download the game from the play store in the emulator, and can you use the same Google account on the emulator?
People usually use Memu or Nox. I personally use Memu but I've heard some people have problems with crashing (which happens very rarely for me)

Usually the emulator will come at the most current version of Android. And yeah, you just download the game from the play store as usual (might be best to log in to your Google account before you do so)

I use a macro that someone made on Reddit that pretty much autocorrects itself if something goes wrong. I've been using it for months and the only time it's failed is a couple of times when the server has gone down

Not sure if this is the one, but this should tell you everything you need to to get started

EDIT: a bit late :(

Azuran

Banned
2nd Gaffgarion in two days with daily pull.

I can't be sad about no Lightning when I keep getting good stuff like that.

Rixa

Daily - Golbez Dupe
Ticket - Ignus Dupe (he's like...my 8th)

Lightning-sama... ;_;

My daily was Blue to Gold being Roselia dupe. Didn't expect it all, now just wondering is there any decent unit that would need "Equip Staff" TM?

Alma is not Decent

Tilith is one ofc but I don't have her.

Kozmo

Hi all,

I've been lurking in this thread for awhile. Just thought I'd finally jump in and share my experience with this game. I installed it on Day One of the global release, and remember re-rolling quite a few times early on in hopes of getting some decent units.
I didn't.

So early on out of obligation, I would just log in on a daily basis to claim whatever free login award I could and didn't really play much.

Then came the FFIV banner, and I suddenly had a renewed interest in the game. I spent too much money and came away with a Rosa, DKC, and 3-star Cecil. Not the most exciting units, but I was now invested in this game. A few more events and a lot more rage pulls later, I finally have a "good" team on paper...

EXCEPT

I planned very poorly with TMs, and stupidly continued to plug holes in my lineup with money. The result is that I have a mediocre main team of 6 Star units:
-Refia (Maxed)
-Cecil (Maxed)
-DKC (70s)
-Luneth (50s)
-Delita (30s)

Sounds awesome, but they've got such gawd-awful stats man.

I've finally started to maintain a separate TM team, but holy shit is the progress ever slow. The furthest progress I've made is with turd-tier units that I'd been fusing all these months (like Russell, Edgar, Lani).

I didn't want to mess with macros, but I'm caving. So anyway I hope to join this community and with luck (plus a couple of months) contribute with someone I won't be ashamed of.

Fake edit: I also want to say I feel for those of you who've never pulled a rainbow before. I've only ever encountered a couple of them after dumping hundreds of dollars into this game. And by the time you get one - even if it's halfway decent unit - you're just too angry to really appreciate it.

Jayhawk

Installed Nox and got BE running on it. Will switching between playing on my phone and on Nox result in anything like lost lapis?

Rixa

Hi all,

I planned very poorly with TMs, and stupidly continued to plug holes in my lineup with money. The result is that I have a mediocre main team of 6 Star units:
-Refia (Maxed)
-Cecil (Maxed)
-DKC (70s)
-Luneth (50s)
-Delita (30s)

Welcome to the ExviusGAF thread of pain & happiness & joy.

My alt has Refia / Cecil / DKC / Luneth / Snow (all maxed except Snow is 98, Iam out of Gil). My alt has 0 interest to farm TM. Alt has all the great TM units tho (like 2 Zidanes for example). Going to grab enough Moogles for one Dual Wield (might take few months).

With only gears you get from game and 0 farmed TM = DKC at the moment sucks badly.
Like only "useful" ability it has is Reap Blood (from limited time event weapon).
Cecil & Refia & Luneth & Snow rock in max level without the TM. I have made 2 Hero's Rings, Luneth has them.

My suggestion is level your Luneth to 100 asap (too bad Cactuars ended). Also how are you Espers doing, if they are still in 1*, get them to 2* so DKC gets some abilities to use (Deprotect / Imperil and other shit).

If you have multiple Lunas, try to farm Barrage for DKC. Also if you have Zidanes, farm Dual Wield (use moogles to DW) for DKC.

DKC + Barrage + DW = Really nice damage.

Can't say anything about Delita, havent used it nor don't have one.

chrono01

My daily was Blue to Gold being Roselia dupe. Didn't expect it all, now just wondering is there any decent unit that would need "Equip Staff" TM?

Alma is not Decent

Tilith is one ofc but I don't have her.
Wow, thanks for giving me the idea of using the "Equip Staff" TM on Tillith. It never occurred to me. Granted, I probably won't be grinding Roselia's TM anytime soon, but at least that's another one to consider down-the-line.

Hi all,

I've been lurking in this thread for awhile. Just thought I'd finally jump in and share my experience with this game. I installed it on Day One of the global release, and remember re-rolling quite a few times early on in hopes of getting some decent units.
I didn't.

So early on out of obligation, I would just log in on a daily basis to claim whatever free login award I could and didn't really play much.

Then came the FFIV banner, and I suddenly had a renewed interest in the game. I spent too much money and came away with a Rosa, DKC, and 3-star Cecil. Not the most exciting units, but I was now invested in this game. A few more events and a lot more rage pulls later, I finally have a "good" team on paper...

EXCEPT

-Refia (Maxed)
-Cecil (Maxed)
-DKC (70s)
-Luneth (50s)
-Delita (30s)

I've finally started to maintain a separate TM team, but holy shit is the progress ever slow. The furthest progress I've made is with turd-tier units that I'd been fusing all these months (like Russell, Edgar, Lani).

I didn't want to mess with macros, but I'm caving. So anyway I hope to join this community and with luck (plus a couple of months) contribute with someone I won't be ashamed of.

Fake edit: I also want to say I feel for those of you who've never pulled a rainbow before. I've only ever encountered a couple of them after dumping hundreds of dollars into this game. And by the time you get one - even if it's halfway decent unit - you're just too angry to really appreciate it.
Welcome to ExviusGAF! :)

You're talking 5* base and high-end TM conversations, both of which I am not exactly adept in. But DKC, Delita, AND Luneth? Give me your luck! Congrats on the great team!

Rixa

Wow, thanks for giving me the idea of using the "Equip Staff" TM on Tillith. It never occurred to me. Granted, I probably won't be grinding Roselia's TM anytime soon, but at least that's another one to consider down-the-line.

You're talking 5* base and high-end TM conversations, both of which I am not exactly adept in. But DKC, Delita, AND Luneth? Give me your luck! Congrats on the great team!

Your welcome :). While I was typing that post I was wondering who the hell needs EStaff. Then I remembered Alma cant wield anything and "Oh shit Tilith can't either" Didnt remember it cause I don't have Tilith (hey I have 3 Karl's :p) and already have Dual Casting Refia.
But yea definitely EStaff for Tilith.

We don't know how much @Kozmo poured money to BE. So we can't say sure if its luck or money that mattered :/.

chrono01

Your welcome :). While I was typing that post I was wondering who the hell needs EStaff. Then I remembered Alma cant wield anything and "Oh shit Tilith can't either" Didnt remember it cause I don't have Tilith (hey I have 3 Karl's :p) and already have Dual Casting Refia.
But yea definitely EStaff for Tilith.

We don't know how much @Kozmo poured money to BE. So we can't say sure if its luck or money that mattered :/.
Haha, true enough. Still, congrats to him/her! Always nice to see a great account with nice units, especially when it comes to ExviusGAF. :)

Rixa

Haha, true enough. Still, congrats to him/her! Always nice to see a great account with nice units, especially when it comes to ExviusGAF. :)

Yea. Thats so true, now the work begins to get those units even better.

I call it as never ending work...

bonkeng

Installed Nox and got BE running on it. Will switching between playing on my phone and on Nox result in anything like lost lapis?

No lost Lapis.

But if you're using iOS, Lapis are exclusive to it. Don't panic when your Nox shows 0 Lapis. It's still in your iOS. If you're on Android, there's nothing to see here.

Kozmo

Thanks Rixa and Chrono. It was definitely more money than luck :(

The thing when I see discussions on the good units, it's almost like there's always an assumption that they're maxed. I kept reading about how crucial embolden/focus was, so I placed priority on maxing Refia and Cecil first. I still have a couple of dozen cactuars, but no gil to enhance my units with. I can't believe Gumi doesn't let you buy gil with lapis outside of this daily bundle.

Razmos

I've got nearly 3000000 Gil now, almost exclusively from TM farming and selling the materials I get.

If you have lapis to spare, increase your material slots and give that a go

Kozmo

I've got nearly 3000000 Gil now, almost exclusively from TM farming and selling the materials I get.

If you have lapis to spare, increase your material slots and give that a go

Good point! Since I'm finally about to embark on my TM journey, I really should increase my slot space.

Rixa

Good point! Since I'm finally about to embark on my TM journey, I really should increase my slot space.

Also. Use some Friend Points. Pull from FP gacha. Get some +300 MAG friend mage / some high level aoe friend unit. Run 15 xp costing avaken exp vortex with party of 1* level 1 units, let the friend mage do the work.

Sell those 1* when max leveled (after one run). Prolly much cheaper solution than use Lapis straight to GIL (rather use Lapis for nrg refreshes).

Xion86

What the hell....

Today's Daily pull....

Blue..........GOLD..........RAINBOW!!!!!

Lightning!!!

(2nd one this banner :eek:) just wow.....

axFWUHal.png

Xion86

Damn Xion, congrats. Want to send some of that luck my way lol?

Thanks! Was funny as I was just about to do an Event run, then cancelled out as I was curious who I'd get in my Daily pull, used my phone as I had more lapis there then saw the crystals go from Blue, Gold, Rainbow then I was thinking...surely not...and saw Lightning pop up :D.

And I have no Cactuars, good timing, didn't even do the Cactuar run this weekend. Used all the Mog Shop ones on my first Lightning after the 11 pull.

Edit:
Oh and before Rixa shouts at me, yes I locked her just now!! :p

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What the hell....

Today's Daily pull....

Blue..........GOLD..........RAINBOW!!!!!

Lightning!!!

(2nd one this banner :eek:) just wow.....

Wow...congrats - TeamGaf with that Gacha luck lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom