• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedZaraki

Banned
support me ffbe-gaf :)

I'm sitting on
snow
agrias
luka
garnet
xiao
hope
vanille
garnet
kefka
terra
cloud of darkness kyrie

as my bes units :X

Should I go for some last pulls on the yun events or on the mana events pull?
For the mana events I already have 2x primm and 2x popoi... and there are still days left before it's removed, so I can potentially outluck myself and drop a randi...
As for yun either i pull him (or the support for the same banner), but hopefully no more xiao (have 4....)..

Or should I instead do just the half cost pull daily and ignore everything else till a more attractive banner comes out?

You could try to pull on New Year Banner for Ling, and maybe you get lucky and get one. Don't chase 5 stars unless you're willing to drop 100+ pulls on it, because odds are against you.

For your team right now. I think your best 5 team is:

Snow
Agrias
Luka
Cloud of Darkness
Kefka

I think. If you pull Cecil or Exdeath or Refia they would replace Snow, Kefka, and Luka each. If you pull a better physical use them over CoD. Like Chizuru.

Edit: Do daily pulls on New Year's banner I think.

Pejo

Daily + those free tickets got me trash and a 4* Seven (my 8th). Randi dream is almost dead, I only have 500 lapis left, so 2 more dailies, and then maybe 1-2 more after lapis rewards before the banner ends. Feels bad.

That troll rainbow Snow still burns.

Event is coming along without any problems, I should be able to get all the items I want, including the axe and 70k moogle.

across

When you play this game, remember what T-Boz, Chilli and Left Eye told us back in 1994:

Don't go chasing rainbows
Please aim for the 3 and 4 star mooks that you're used to
I know that you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all
But I think you're pulling too fast

If you already have Primm and Popoi and you aren't sitting on a huge lapis stockpile, I'd just suspend dailies and wait for the next banner. If you have a decent batch of lapis, you can try rolling dailies for valuable off-banner units (Zidane, Bartz, Exdeath, et cetera). If you have some spare tickets, dropping however many you feel comfortable parting with trying for Ling is arguably a much better use of resources.

Rootbeer

Banned
Is there something broken with CoD in the arena? I feel like she uses Barrage the overwhelmingly majority of the time. Such an annoying ability :)

RedZaraki

Banned
Is there something broken with CoD in the arena? I feel like she uses Barrage the overwhelmingly majority of the time. Such an annoying ability :)

I'm glad that enemy Ex-Deaths and Noctis in Arena spend a lot of time casting Barfire and Faith on themselves instead of actually fighting.

One Fire Flask = GG usually.

Alkez

I went to bed at half time. It wasn't just the score, Patriots were getting outplayed on every level. It was just maintenance now, no need for me to monitor...or so I thought.

Watched the second half this morning and wasn't even paying attention until I saw it was 28-20 because I was doing dailies. I knew at that point New England were going to win. That has to be the biggest choke I have ever seen in my life.

Seems that is the way of things these days. Hope is dead.

LOL. I just don't think I can deal with a life time of Brady is the GOAT. What a horrid end to the season.

You must love the football love you've been getting in past few years from NFL then, eh? :) I think next season another game is being added, yeah?

Yeah. I went to a game back in 2013. It was an amazing experience, so different to sports events over here. Tickets were really cheap as well. I would love to catch one in the states though, would be on another level.

Come on guys, think about us newcomers who can only farm the intermediate lvl ;_;

Got 3 poipoi + Ally bonus unit, equal ~150 candys per run...

And rabbits?
I WILL NEVER SEE A DAMN RABBIT AT THIS RYTHM ;.;

Come on guys, think about us newcomers who can only farm the intermediate lvl ;_;

And rabbits?

Just friend some of us and use anyone with a decent MAG level Exdeath or Dark Fina to solo the Pro level at least when they are up as friends.

And rabbits?

Make sure you prioritize what you're going to pick up from Mog King. With limited candies, you won't be able to pick up everything (I don't think).

I'd say tickets/SQ are a must. The crown is reallllly good. Mats/Gigantaurs depend on your team situation. Same with rest of event equip.

Xion86

Mana Beast total defeated: 74
Rabite total defeated: 40

Hmmm Spirit Slayer on Exdeath would be pointless right, as it's physical damage only? Have it on Noctis right now.

Add 6 more to that actually :D

B4BvsbVl.png

RedZaraki

Banned

And rabbits?

They start showing up in ADV right?

Just clear the strongest level you can. If someone has out a Strong Friend Randi (500+ ATK) he can nearly solo PRO. However, you need magic damage to kill the slime. Need to deal 100k magic damage to it somehow.

RedZaraki

Banned
I'm actually mentally preparing myself to not getting Orlandu, despite the ludicrous amount of pulls I'll be putting in for him.

And that's ok. I've gotten Lightning and Luneth from some luck a while back. Pulled them in back to back 11 pulls on the same day.

If I AT LEAST get my first Agrias, or another Gafgarion, or even another 5 star base I don't have like Ramza, I would be partially satisfied.

If I pulled my own Noctis, I would be more than satisfied.

But before even playing BE, if you asked me "Favorte FF characters of all time?" my answers would be: Cloud, Orlandu, and Sephiroth.

It's a no brainer pull for me. I actually think Orlandu is badass. The fact that he's OP is the cherry on top of the cake. Of course, he was super OP in the source material too, so it's accurate and appropriate for him to be that way.

He's like flipping Obi Wan Kenobi levels of badass or some shit. Like, the general in the Army opposite Ramza's father, and the only other swordsman possibly on that level. To acquire the title "Sword Saint" and "Holy Swordsman".

Guy is so strong he freaking stole Knights of the Round's sword. Out of the box this mofo starts getting triple kills every turn or so in a game that's 5 v 5 tactics.

He's a beast. One of the most OP characters in any video game I can think of.

I love it.

I want him on my squad.

And I got 150 tickets and 40k lapis waiting for it. If I wait long enough, I might get up to 45k lapis.

Dumping every bit of it while crossing my fingers and doing my little "ritual" during each summon. My ritual is to twirl my finger in a spiral downwards while pressing the final summon button, and to let each crystal fully appear before popping it.

Just a brain dump, but damn I've been waiting for this since September.

I'm actually mentally preparing myself to not getting Orlandu, despite the ludicrous amount of pulls I'll be putting in for him.

And that's ok. I've gotten Lightning and Luneth from some luck a while back. Pulled them in back to back 11 pulls on the same day.

If I AT LEAST get my first Agrias, or another Gafgarion, or even another 5 star base I don't have like Ramza, I would be partially satisfied.

If I pulled my own Noctis, I would be more than satisfied.

But before even playing BE, if you asked me "Favorte FF characters of all time?" my answers would be: Cloud, Orlandu, and Sephiroth.

It's a no brainer pull for me. I actually think Orlandu is badass. The fact that he's OP is the cherry on top of the cake. Of course, he was super OP in the source material too, so it's accurate and appropriate for him to be that way.

He's like flipping Obi Wan Kenobi levels of badass or some shit. Like, the general in the Army opposite Ramza's father, and the only other swordsman possibly on that level. To acquire the title "Sword Saint" and "Holy Swordsman".

Guy is so strong he freaking stole Knights of the Round's sword. Out of the box this mofo starts getting triple kills every turn or so in a game that's 5 v 5 tactics.

He's a beast. One of the most OP characters in any video game I can think of.

I love it.

I want him on my squad.

And I got 150 tickets and 40k lapis waiting for it. If I wait long enough, I might get up to 45k lapis.

Dumping every bit of it while crossing my fingers and doing my little "ritual" during each summon. My ritual is to twirl my finger in a spiral downwards while pressing the final summon button, and to let each crystal fully appear before popping it.

Just a brain dump, but damn I've been waiting for this since September.

If you somehow blow that much pulling power and don't pull him just walk away from gatcha games for ever. If I were good at math I'd do the stats on your chances to pull him. Shit I wish I had those reserves. Your commitment to not pulling is commendable!

RedZaraki

Banned
If you somehow blow that much pulling power and don't pull him just walk away from gatcha games for ever. If I were good at math I'd do the stats on your chances to pull him. Shit I wish I had those reserves. Your commitment to not pulling is commendable!

I believe my odds were like 72% or something according to some others.

So I'll need some luck no matter what.

eggydoo

For people that bought the Gigas Axe (event axe), who did you equip it for?

I don't think I have a good axe person besides Mercedes, which I rarely use.

RedZaraki

Banned
My one solace, is even if I don't get him, he'll be in the pool of summons forever.

So I could get lucky down the line too.

.......don't do that to me Gumi ;_;

Xion86

I've just handed it to one of my Primm units for now :p then it will just stay in my weapon display cabinet.

I just threw it on my Randi for now I'm to lazy to finish leveling him and taking equipment from my arena team for him so he can have that. I will literally never use it but I had to have it because OCD. On another note I am up to 350 Star Quartz and have nothing to buy....that shit is just taking up space.

Valentus

Mercedes is the highest non-base5 physical fp2-equip available with the gigas axe

So use your mercedes

support me ffbe-gaf :)

I'm sitting on
snow
agrias
luka
garnet
xiao
hope
vanille
garnet
kefka
terra
cloud of darkness kyrie

as my bes units :X

For the mana events I already have 2x primm and 2x popoi... and there are still days left before it's removed, so I can potentially outluck myself and drop a randi...
As for yun either i pull him (or the support for the same banner), but hopefully no more xiao (have 4....)..

Or should I instead do just the half cost pull daily and ignore everything else till a more attractive banner comes out?

Snow (tank, counter for LB fill)
Luka (healer)
Cloud of Darkness (main damage unit)
Agrias (full break and damage)
Primm (buffer, secondary healer, insane holy damage)

Thats your best output now. If you want to pull in the yun banner do it, but i wouldnt pull because your team is good as it is.

Is Val still here after last week? Didn't check in over the weekend.

I hope so.

Im here, Exvius is too strong (for now) to leave. Thanks for caring! :D

Alkez

God damn you reddit and your persuasive ways!!! I'm trying to stack tickets for Orlandu. 10 tickets later and still no Ling.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...ng_consider_pulling_for_her_before_shes_gone/

Yeah it took me 20 tickets to get her. Didn't even get a yellow until the 10th ticket. Was a troll yellow ofc.

I don't have nearly as many tickets as that but I just hit 45k this morning. Been saving up for Orlandu, Eileen (preferable), and/or Tidus. Super worried I'll blow it all and get nothing though :/

Im here, Exvius GAF is too strong to leave.

Corrected it for you :D

Glad you're not going. Was going to ask you in a few days what your thoughts were on what happened and if you were staying. Happy to see you've already come to a (positive) conclusion.

RedZaraki

Banned
is Thunder God Cid banner a mog king event? that would force me to use tickets for those damn bonus units.

I think so.

IIRC the other units on the banner are pretty garbage.

We'll probablyhave one more non-mog king event and then the Orlandu banner. End of February possibly?

Celegus

God damn you reddit and your persuasive ways!!! I'm trying to stack tickets for Orlandu. 10 tickets later and still no Ling.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...ng_consider_pulling_for_her_before_shes_gone/

I have her maxed but don't see much point in using her for arena. I don't need aoe raise or esuna, I'd rather just go full offense and take 5 people that can do 999 AoE attacks. Sure I might lose if they go first and use real attacks, but that happens so rarely I don't see why you'd prepare for it. I'd much rather just clear every battle in one turn and if I happen to lose because RNG, so be it.

jnWake

So, who do I ask for an invite to the discord? I'm in a few GAF discords and it's a lot of fun.

EDIT: Ignore me, it's in the OP.

EDIT2: Or maybe not, the link doesn't seem to work?

Alkez

I have her maxed but don't see much point in using her for arena. I don't need aoe raise or esuna, I'd rather just go full offense and take 5 people that can do 999 AoE attacks. Sure I might lose if they go first and use real attacks, but that happens so rarely I don't see why you'd prepare for it. I'd much rather just clear every battle in one turn and if I happen to lose because RNG, so be it.

I put her in my arena team today because I have 2 black magic users, which atm I can't use. The fire flask-lite move is really helpful when you have nothing better to use.

eggydoo

I just threw it on my Randi for now I'm to lazy to finish leveling him and taking equipment from my arena team for him so he can have that. I will literally never use it but I had to have it because OCD. On another note I am up to 350 Star Quartz and have nothing to buy....that shit is just taking up space.

This is my problem, I'm debating if I should invest in it or get that TM lol

evangd007

Plugged it into the odds tool someone at reddit made. 74.2%.

This is my problem, I'm debating if I should invest in it or get that TM lol

I will never get the 70k moogle ever as I don't see the worth personally. The 30k one is always a buy however. The axe while not great if you have some Mercedes TM's (I only have 1 Mercedes, I have more Noctis, DKC, Luneth than her.....bitch) it will still be viable at times when I need to put a decent weapon on like my 4th or 5th damage dealer in the party.

eggydoo

I will never get the 70k moogle ever as I don't see the worth personally. The 30k one is always a buy however. The axe while not great if you have some Mercedes TM's (I only have 1 Mercedes, I have more Noctis, DKC, Luneth than her.....bitch) it will still be viable at times when I need to put a decent weapon on like my 4th or 5th damage dealer in the party.

yeah true...think i'll grab it. Yeah was thinking the axe or the 30k TM.
With my luck with rabites thus far...doubt i'll farm enough for both and not really digging this event as well. Think i'll just grab the axe and gigantaurs and be done with it.

RedZaraki

Banned
The problem is opportunity cost.

70k moogle is 140 runs that net you 500 candy each. For PRO that is 1400 energy.

For 1400 energy you get 1400 runs of Earth Shrine. If you get 0.1% on average every 10 runs that would be 140 ten runs * 0.1% = 14% on a unit's TM. And you can do this for FIVE UNITS.

In other words 1400 energy you either get 10% on one unit or 14% on 5 units of TM.

So not worth it.

Even best case scenario, you're running ALL bonus units on ELT instead of PRO, maybe at best you'll earn twice the candy and thus get it in half the energy.

STILL 10% on one unit vs 7% on 5 units of TM.

I don't know who this reward is for.

Edit: Not taking Rabites into account. If you're lucky then MAYBE the 70k moogle becomes worth it. It depends on how much energy you need to get 70k candy.

RedZaraki

Banned
Bit more napkin math:

10% TMR on 1 unit ~= 2% TMR on 5 units.

2% TMR on 5 units = 20 ten runs of Earth Shrine * 0.1% = 200 Energy

200 energy...THAT'S IT!?

There's no way in hell you get 70k Candy in 200 energy.

Worst case you get 500 candy for each 10 energy = 10000 candy. That's only 1/7th of the way there.

The problem is opportunity cost.

70k moogle is 140 runs that net you 500 candy each. For PRO that is 1400 energy.

For 1400 energy you get 1400 runs of Earth Shrine. If you get 0.1% on average every 10 runs that would be 140 ten runs * 0.1% = 14% on a unit's TM. And you can do this for FIVE UNITS.

In other words 1400 energy you either get 10% on one unit or 14% on 5 units of TM.

So not worth it.

Even best case scenario, you're running ALL bonus units on ELT instead of PRO, maybe at best you'll earn twice the candy and thus get it in half the energy.

STILL 10% on one unit vs 7% on 5 units of TM.

I don't know who this reward is for.

Edit: Not taking Rabites into account. If you're lucky then MAYBE the 70k moogle becomes worth it. It depends on how much energy you need to get 70k candy.

It is truly only for people that don't TM farm.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Bit more napkin math:

200 energy...THAT'S IT!?

Worst case you get 500 candy for each 10 energy = 10000 candy. That's only 1/7th of the way there.

Soooooo...don't even get the 30k moogle?

That may be the case, but you're still farming the event, a ludicrous amount. 100+ runs of PRO.

I suppose another benefit is the Rank and Unit Experience but still.

While that is true those that don't TM farm would prefer doing that 15-20 times a day than constant TM grinding or using macros. Most of my actual friends that play the game refuse to use macro's and aren't going get carpal tunnel manually doing it so the 70/30k moogles are worth it to them. As someone above, I think it was you said it's an opportunity cost for them the cost is sanity.

You could try to pull on New Year Banner for Ling, and maybe you get lucky and get one. Don't chase 5 stars unless you're willing to drop 100+ pulls on it, because odds are against you.

For your team right now. I think your best 5 team is:

Snow
Agrias
Luka
Cloud of Darkness
Kefka

I think. If you pull Cecil or Exdeath or Refia they would replace Snow, Kefka, and Luka each. If you pull a better physical use them over CoD. Like Chizuru.

Edit: Do daily pulls on New Year's banner I think.
forgot I also have ariana (6* lvl 79 with her full gear) and seven (4* max level)..

my usual team is:
snow 5* 60ish
agrias 5* 65ish
luka 5* 67
dangerous ariana 6* 79
seven 4* max

should i change from seven to cod? Seven can potentially go 6* but i don't know if it's worth the investment..

as for lapis..
i don't have any lying around unfortunately.. i try to stick to f2p..
I got REALLY burned with PAD and chain chronicles.. I was quite the whale in chain chronicles, while in pad i whaled only to pull.. usually i went for 150 eur/month in PAD...
while i can easily afford it, I prefer to spend my money on clothes and games, rather than on some f2p that can be closed at any time (see chain chronicles....)..
Atm I'm sitting on 24 tickets (have yet to get those from mana event) and around 600 lapis...

What i think I'm lacking is a solid physical attacker.. ariana will cover as a magic user, though her magic selection is lacking, though to my understanding there are many better mages :)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Never waste breath on characters for Arena.

Back to TM farming, managed to top of Chizzy, so two BM done. Going to get rid of that Xaio army next and probably work on Leo/Locke after to clear up room. I'm sort of at a stand still with TM farming, since I don't really have any must have TMs right now. Only one I'm thinking is Snow, but neither Noc nor Luneth use him. Refia's is a good one, combine to get 1. I would say another Black Cowl, but I have the Dark Helmet now which is treating Luneth pretty good... where I feel like working on TMs for Defense characters now would be better.

Silraru

Anyone know how the list of friendly units that you can bring is made? I cleaned my friends list and now none of my friend list randis are showing up :(. I used to chain them with a popoi or so in between and now nothing.

Pejo

I was thinking earlier this morning, it'd be neat if for, let's say 5* bases, if Gumi gave you the sound effects for menu selections from that character's game.

Ever since hearing that boss music from Secret of Mana, I keep hearing the menu selection/exit sound effects in my head. Would just be a neat little tidbit for your luck of getting Randi.

Now, gimme Randi.

Anyone know how the list of friendly units that you can bring is made? I cleaned my friends list and now none of my friend list randis are showing up :(. I used to chain them with a popoi or so in between and now nothing.

Once used it's I believe a 3 hour wait until that person shows up again if that is the issue you are running into.

RedZaraki

Banned
forgot I also have ariana (6* lvl 79 with her full gear) and seven (4* max level)..

my usual team is:
snow 5* 60ish
agrias 5* 65ish
luka 5* 67
dangerous ariana 6* 79
seven 4* max

should i change from seven to cod? Seven can potentially go 6* but i don't know if it's worth the investment..

as for lapis..
i don't have any lying around unfortunately.. i try to stick to f2p..
I got REALLY burned with PAD and chain chronicles.. I was quite the whale in chain chronicles, while in pad i whaled only to pull.. usually i went for 150 eur/month in PAD...
while i can easily afford it, I prefer to spend my money on clothes and games, rather than on some f2p that can be closed at any time (see chain chronicles....)..
Atm I'm sitting on 24 tickets (have yet to get those from mana event) and around 600 lapis...

What i think I'm lacking is a solid physical attacker.. ariana will cover as a magic user, though her magic selection is lacking, though to my understanding there are many better mages :)

A team of all 6 stars is usually best. There's a couple exceptions, like WoL and Lenna and Arc are all really good 5 stars.

Shouta

I'm glad I saved that 4 star ticket!

8XcpYab.jpg

Finally was able to get a featured 5* after failing to get Tidus, Balthier, Noctis, Nyx.

Didn't get the other 5* in the banner so I can power him up anymore.

Hot damn, Gratz! Cloud gonna elude me since I used all my luck on Julian.

Bit more napkin math:

200 energy...THAT'S IT!?

Couple of points .1% isn't guaranteed even after 10 runs, it's just an average. If you run only one unit, it's 1000 runs for a unit.

The more bonus units you run during a currency event, the more you get, thus the faster you work towards the moogle. Then depending on your luck with bonus monsters, it can even go faster.

Generally speaking, Moogles are something you bank for your hard to get units that you want the TM from like your base-5 star units. =o

robotuw

Well that's basically it for me and the SoM event. I got the tickets, crown, and things that start with 's' (star quartz, sacred crystal, screamroot). I'll probably use the rest of the candy I get from daily runs on megacites. The materia and other non-axe equipment are bad. I have 4 Mercedes so the axe isn't worth it. I never judge the moogles to be worth it, and I have 70+ of each awakening material. Feels good to be done with a lackluster event and not feel any more compulsion to pull this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom