• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3xum

I was hoping for a surprise Cloud banner announcement this morning so I could blow all of my resources for the 3rd time without getting a good character and then I could finally quit the game

bonkeng

I was hoping for a surprise Cloud banner announcement this morning so I could blow all of my resources for the 3rd time without getting a good character and then I could finally quit the game

If you're already planning to quit, does getting Cloud even matter?

If you find yourself not having fun anymore, I doubt 1 single unit can change that.

Rootbeer

Banned
Just used the 6 or so Tickets we got for free....wow....only trash.
Okay thats kinda brutal - this banner is a serious trap. Makes sense considering its limited and many hardcore SoM fans will go all out on this one...still....brutal.

I'm not even gonna do dailies until next banner... sigh. It's so bad. Frustrating. I blew all my tickets on the Lunar New Year banner which was a HUGE, HUGE mistake. Should have saved them for Orlandu as planned. Now i'm screwed unless i want to spend a lot of $$$, and it's just not worth it. Soon I'll be too busy playing my Switch anyway. Going F2P for a while, I hope :p

It's just that when you are out of tickets and lapis, it's such a slow crawl to start scraping and saving anything for a banner. This month is not very heavy on the ticket giveaways. Gotta grind the event if I want to have much of anything.

H3xum

If you're already planning to quit, does getting Cloud even matter?

If you find yourself not having fun anymore, I doubt 1 single unit can change that.

I have done hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pulls without a 5*. Been playing since soft launch. I go into arenas and every single team I face has at least one or two 5*s. It's just disheartening. I am going to give it the old college try one more time, be if a cloud banner, Orlandu or FFX banner and if things don't land, then I'm done. I can't stand the rng.
So yeah, the minor victory of one unit and satisfaction that the game doesn't solely exist to crush me would keep me playing

bonkeng

I have done hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pulls without a 5*. Been playing since soft launch. I go into arenas and every single team I face has at least one or two 5*s. It's just disheartening. I am going to give it the old college try one more time, be if a cloud banner, Orlandu or FFX banner and if things don't land, then I'm done. I can't stand the rng.
So yeah, the minor victory of one unit and satisfaction that the game doesn't solely exist to crush me would keep me playing

Well, here's to you getting 1 or more Cloud, Orlandu and Tidus then.

It makes me sad when an ExviusGAF family leaves because of the horrendous rate.

Pachimari

I just do entrance. But I'm not really sure how common they are. I do entrance for tm farming so when I'm clearing out my material slots there's usually some extras.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Mystic_Ore

Here's the list of where to find them. Thinking about it you get extra items based on a units TM percentage, so I've probably been getting them that way. I would suggest going to the cheapest place on the list and farming them that way. Siren's Tower would probably be good as you can steal them and they can drop them.
Hey thanks for this list. I just need 3 more mystic ores and then I can awaken my Exdeath again. After that I'm gonna farm candy thanks to the help of all of you Exdeath units. And hopefully I can get enough candy for the materials I need to awaken my Luneth too. I'm contemplating if I should do the SoM event on PRO or ELF.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'll say this about Chilly. He is the only person who actually said he would quit.... and quit. Didn't come back and keep complaining for months or keep hinting at it. He just fucking did it and that is respect to me.

Sad to see him gone, but hope he is happier now.

Xion86

e7Gcx7k.jpg

This one turn kills without any chaining, I don't you need any more than 350 attack or magic with chaining/diabolos

Hmm may have to see what state my Bartz is in. I have all but Genji Glove. My Exdeath with dual Meteor doesn't take out the final boss and Noctis can't solo it either. So have to have both to finish him off, the rest I can one shot though.

See that GREY LOCK.

Tap it so that it is YELLOW.

Man people should lock their units.

:D

Great, just had a random crash during Arena and lost that streak, never really had a crash on Android so no idea what happened.

Also...82 days all...

uAk6ahxl.png

leehom

I know the feels. I'm calling it quits if I don't get Orlandu. Went all in for WoL, Lightning twice, Noctis, Luneth and came away empty handed. On top of that, back to back troll rainbows is boo boo.

Nikokuno

Yun LB seems to deal a lot of damage. Is grinding his LB worth it? Also the only way for a 5*/6* to grind efficiently is by taking pots right?

Yun LB seems to deal a lot of damage. Is grinding his LB worth it? Also the only way for a 5*/6* to grind efficiently is by taking pots right?

Yeah thats the way to go

They are just really rare. You can basically only get the big ones from Arena summons and arena board completion rotations

Valentus

Im having a change of heart about primm. Shes amazing as a mage. Her saintly beam bits hard and her heal reaches curaja levels. She might be recurrent un my f2p setup

Also i bought the tiara. My refia feels like a Queen now.

Pachimari

Finally awoke my Exdeath to 5 stars!! Now is the time for me to farm all that candy, so I can exchange it to mats for my Luneth. It'll take an eternity but I hope I can do it with the help of your Exdeaths! And then I'll level up my Exdeath to lvl 80 too. Those are my plans for this event.

RedZaraki

Banned
I am now going to brain dump a bunch of characters I look forward to being in Brave Exvius:

- Blue Mages (Quina, Strago, Quistis, etc.)
- Squall
- Sephiroth
- Beatrix (FF9). She should be OP
- Jecht (FFX)
- A Red Chocobo (why the heck not)
- Seifer
- Zell
- Aranea Highwind
- Zack Fair

Pachimari

Zack Fair is from Crisis Core right? He's my favorite alongside Noctis. I can't wait for XIV characters to be added too. I want Yshtola and that woman dressed in red.

Valentus

I am now going to brain dump a bunch of characters I look forward to being in Brave Exvius:

- Blue Mages (Quina, Strago, Quistis, etc.)
- Squall
- Sephiroth
- Beatrix (FF9). She should be OP
- Jecht (FFX)
- A Red Chocobo (why the heck not)
- Seifer
- Zell
- Aranea Highwind
- Zack Fair

I want rinoa and rinoa of the future... The one with black wings.

Also paladin kain, naked golbez, Vincent, yuffie (she Will make ninjas great again), fal'cie snow, and Cid... Anyone of them.

Im having a change of heart about primm. Shes amazing as a mage. Her saintly beam bits hard and her heal reaches curaja levels. She might be recurrent un my f2p setup

Also i bought the tiara. My refia feels like a Queen now.

Can you talk a bit more about your Primm build? I've found her kinda useful but had given up on her as a legit member of my A squad.

Nikokuno

Yeah thats the way to go

They are just really rare. You can basically only get the big ones from Arena summons and arena board completion rotations

Thanks for answering, so I'll take time 🤔 I can awake my Yun to 6* now? Is the difference between 5* and 6* in term of pots is huge?

Valonquar

On Tilith is it worth it to fully pimp out in SPR gear? I just got Equip staff & Magi staff TMs for her, and working on a Dualcast & Minerva Busier now. Want to have her primed for 6* upgrade. I have an Alma too, if it would be better to use her TM robe.

Celegus

On Tilith is it worth it to fully pimp out in SPR gear? I just got Equip staff & Magi staff TMs for her, and working on a Dualcast & Minerva Busier now. Want to have her primed for 6* upgrade. I have an Alma too, if it would be better to use her TM robe.
Her spells are skills not magic, so dual cast does nothing for her. Equip H Shield is good for her though if you have some Charlottes.

Bah work must have blocked something as I can no longer open the game on Memu or Nox on my laptop at work...boooooooo. Guess it's either no more TM farming for me or switch controls.

creid

Are we talking "better than Exdeath" amazing, or "better than you'd expect" amazing?

RedZaraki

Banned
I will now brain dump some Quality of Life changes I wish they'd make to this game:

Crystal Changes - Gold Crystals always give a 4 star base unit, Rainbow Crystals always give a 5 star base unit.

Repeat Function - Remember and re-do unit actions between battles in Explorations and even remembered between different Missions.

Summons - Make Summons do respectable damage. Scale their damage based on the character using it (Ramuh from MAG stat, Ifrit from STR stat etc.)

Claim All Dailies - Give us a Claim All button for Daily quests, so we don't have to accept them one at a time.

11 Ticket Pull - Allow us to use Summon tickets multiple at a time. Big batch pull of them, maybe guarantee a 4 star base too.

Banner Units - Roughly DOUBLE the appearance rate of banner units. I want MOST of the units I pull for a banner to be units FOR that banner.

I will now brain dump some Quality of Life changes I wish they'd make to this game:

Crystal Changes - Gold Crystals always give a 4 star base unit, Rainbow Crystals always give a 5 star base unit.

Repeat Function - Remember and re-do unit actions between battles in Explorations and even remembered between different Missions.

Summons - Make Summons do respectable damage. Scale their damage based on the character using it (Ramuh from MAG stat, Ifrit from STR stat etc.)

Claim All Dailies - Give us a Claim All button for Daily quests, so we don't have to accept them one at a time.

11 Ticket Pull - Allow us to use Summon tickets multiple at a time. Big batch pull of them, maybe guarantee a 4 star base too.

Banner Units - Roughly DOUBLE the appearance rate of banner units. I want MOST of the units I pull for a banner to be units FOR that banner.

Other than the crystal change all I want is for equipment to be party based not unit based. So if I have one Excalibur for instance I can use it on one unit for each party. This is the reason my Randi I am sharing is mostly naked because I am not switching equipment every single fucking time I want to do arena...shit is so annoying.

jnWake

Chrono Trigger collab would be the end of me.

I'd also like some Chrono Cross love for the inevitable 6* Mojo and Poshul.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I managed to start an arena match right after the surprise reset and for some reason that motivated me to try my first attempt at ranking under 30k. Teetering around 20k now at a 70 win streak, I decided to target opponents with weak leaders. So I spot an unawakened Dangerous Ariana, pick it, and see that the rest of the team is four Noctii.

...do people set up trap leaders? That's kind of hilarious if so.

Valentus

Can you talk a bit more about your Primm build? I've found her kinda useful but had given up on her as a legit member of my A squad.

Sure, heres my build

Very standard build. Potted in mag and spr (mag not full yet)

Healing waters heals between 1600-1800 (curaja level) and saintly wall does about 180k to mana beast.

Im really liking primm. Also im throwing her lb pots because Max lb is 65% spr debuff

Are we talking "better than Exdeath" amazing, or "better than you'd expect" amazing?

Nah, exdeath full is godly, but she is a nice support and you can use saintly beam if you need extra damage.

jnWake

Fuck I just lost an Arena match because of some Death spell that killed four party members in one attack. What the hell was that ;_;

robotuw

Man, Ling is as horrible in the arena as I feared. People are loading her up with evade equip (isn't it great that Gumi banned magic!?) and she seems more likely to do her status dance than Noctis does fire flask.

Nah there was a skull in the spell animation and my guys just fainted, except Seven who's probably immune thanks to being awesome.

Was probably Vanille's LB. That's the only AoE death spell out right now I know of.

jnWake

Golem Staff equipped unit doing Blade Blitz or something similar AOE damage = stoning your units prolly.

Nah there was a skull in the spell animation and my guys just fainted, except Seven who's probably immune thanks to being awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom