• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marie seems good and her TM is nice the other two aren't interesting and look awful although also nice TMs. Honestly may not pull at all since it looks like Marie isn't limited like the others. Also Valentus an 11 pull everyday? lol isn't that the same thing as doing them all at once :p.

Valentus

Marie seems good and her TM is nice the other two aren't interesting and look awful although also nice TMs. Honestly may not pull at all since it looks like Marie isn't limited like the others. Also Valentus an 11 pull everyday? lol isn't that the same thing as doing them all at once :p.

Its not the same.

Niahak

One more QoL needed.
"Remove xx amount of idle friends at once"

Got 6 friendslots available:

ID 147,899,569

Be sure to have GAF either in name or in info text, otherwise I won't accept friend request.
Sharing Primm, later something else.

A big QOL improvement for me would be:
* See message in friend request list
* No confirmation for ignore request (alternatively checkbox with "ignore all selected")

Sharing a dual-wield Randi with open friend slots in this event is pain.
If anyone wants him, I'll open some slots up.

jnWake

Valentine event looks fine. Marie seems pretty cool, not familiar with Artemios or Luna so not very hyped for them though.

Got slightly trolled by pulls again. 1/2 was Popoi and Rare Ticket pull afterwards was another Popoi. Pulled again and got Zidane, who at least I didn't own and is a cool character haha. I've been getting only 3* this week though.

Alkez

I think I'm the only one interested in Cupid Artemois. I don't really like the sprite but I'm curious to see if they can actually make a half decent archer or not. The datamine tomorrow shall be interesting.

Every so often there's a comment on reddit that makes me laugh. This one was a prediction of the Valentines units.

aWd7pBj.png

KeRaSh

I was just wondering what the best strategy for chasing a specific unit would be.
Do I spend all my tickets and then go for 10+1 pulls or the other way around?

Trick question! You pull Orlandu on your half price pull!

Sup guys

So yeah..

Valentines event seems just average

At least it looks like a one time clear.

Suppose ill do dailies and a few tickets to get the Cupids

Not going for Marie though. Shes gonna be permanently in the pool anyways right?

Wow. That really is some bs. I'm convinced the rates have been worse lately.

For the rate up I guess. I doubt she'll be on another banner now.

That's true I guess and I actually worded what I said wrong anyway. Actually after my billion rerolls on JP I think I'm done chasing none LE rainbows because once the crystal change happens you will get off banner 5*s quite often it seems.

bonkeng

I was just wondering what the best strategy for chasing a specific unit would be.
Do I spend all my tickets and then go for 10+1 pulls or the other way around?

Trick question! You pull Orlandu on your half price pull!

There shouldn't be any strategy to determine your luck.

But I don't mass-pull in one sitting.

I'd do at most 10 tix at a time.

I'd also do a 5k pull even though I still have tix left.

SoM banner I did 10 tix out of my 60+ stash on the first hour. Did a 5k pull a few hours later since I slightly wanted Randi at that time even though I didn't want him beforehand. Figured the best chance to get him is a 5k pull.

LNY I only wanted Ling. So used up 15 tix to no avail. Gave up and just did dailies. Got Yun instead of Ling.

Noctis banner I used up 23 tix staggered in 2 hours and ended up getting all banner units. Was ready to use some 5k pulls to try chase for Noctis if I didn't get him.

Gilgamesh banner, used up all my resources, 20 tix and 15k Lapis. Thankfully I got him in my last 5k pull. Aslo got DKC on daily pull on the first day, and a dupe Lightning on my 2nd 5k pull during this banner.

Elza banner was weirdly similar to LNY. Wasn't interested in Elza, but chased after Tilith. Tix and dailies got me Elza but no Tilith.

Used only dailies trying for Gaff, got Delita on the very first day instead.

Used tix for Agrias but got my first Ramza instead. Only got Agrias a few months later.

Tried my luck on Lightning's first appearance and got her.

Only time I never got a unit I was chasing is Luneth. 40 tickets and 25k Lapis. That's almost 100 pulls. Got 2 dupe Ramza instead. I really wanted Luneth badly, even til now.

I never pull on banners I have no interest in. Like Halloween, Christmas, FFZero, Dark Fina and Dark Destroyer. Rather use the Lapis tm farming.

So you see, it's really never a good idea chasing after a single unit. Even a 4* base unit. The limited 4* units i tried to get, i never got them. No Tilith or Ling. The one 5* unit I really wanted, I didn't get.

Chase on banner units, not specific unit. Unless that unit holds a sentimental value to you, then go ahead and go all in.

Marie looks a lot like a mashup of Tilith and 6star Cerius

I suppose AoE 40% element debuff is the big one?

70% debuff counters are nice but you dont control what element it is

Its the future meta about building teams that can chain multiple elements at any given time?

Valentus

SSS quality is as good as it gets or?

Marie, thats the one in the upcoming banner?

Marie has:

- First of all, dualcast
- aoe imperil (40% all element debuff)
- all bar-ga spells (only lack holy and dark but thats doesnt exist)
- aoe +50% to all elements resist
- protecga and shellga
- Focus
- REFLECT (the First unit with reflect spell in global)
- her limit burst is aoe reflect
- counter -70% debuff of random element (kinda useless but if It debuff your main element...)
- high HP and mp

bonkeng

Marie's a great unit. But we don't know yet how good or bad Artemios' cupid alter ego will be.

And Hippo's right, Marie will be in the pool forever.

She's good, but not good enough to warrant depleting your resources chasing after her.

Marie has:

- First of all, dualcast
- protecga and shellga
- Focus
- counter -70% debuff of random element (kinda useless but if It debuff your main element...)
- high HP and mp

Wow she sounds amazing. I'll try my luck on her

So dont pull on Orlando Bloom banner either because soleil, Lawrence and ovelia are dumpster fire

We never said not to pull we said not to chase. Not everyone buys Lapis like you do so why tell people that don't to chase a unit in a shit banner? That goes for Orlandu also his banner sucks, the difference though is people have been saving for months specifically for him.

KeRaSh

There shouldn't be any strategy to determine your luck.

But I don't mass-pull in one sitting.

I'd do at most 10 tix at a time.

I'd also do a 5k pull even though I still have tix left.

SoM banner I did 10 tix out of my 60+ stash on the first hour. Did a 5k pull a few hours later since I slightly wanted Randi at that time even though I didn't want him beforehand. Figured the best chance to get him is a 5k pull.

LNY I only wanted Ling. So used up 15 tix to no avail. Gave up and just did dailies. Got Yun instead of Ling.

Noctis banner I used up 23 tix staggered in 2 hours and ended up getting all banner units. Was ready to use some 5k pulls to try chase for Noctis if I didn't get him.

Gilgamesh banner, used up all my resources, 20 tix and 15k Lapis. Thankfully I got him in my last 5k pull. Aslo got DKC on daily pull on the first day, and a dupe Lightning on my 2nd 5k pull during this banner.

Elza banner was weirdly similar to LNY. Wasn't interested in Elza, but chased after Tilith. Tix and dailies got me Elza but no Tilith.

Used only dailies trying for Gaff, got Delita on the very first day instead.

Used tix for Agrias but got my first Ramza instead. Only got Agrias a few months later.

Tried my luck on Lightning's first appearance and got her.

Only time I never got a unit I was chasing is Luneth. 40 tickets and 25k Lapis. That's almost 100 pulls. Got 2 dupe Ramza instead. I really wanted Luneth badly, even til now.

I never pull on banners I have no interest in. Like Halloween, Christmas, FFZero, Dark Fina and Dark Destroyer. Rather use the Lapis tm farming.

So you see, it's really never a good idea chasing after a single unit. Even a 4* base unit. The limited 4* units i tried to get, i never got them. No Tilith or Ling. The one 5* unit I really wanted, I didn't get.

Chase on banner units, not specific unit. Unless that unit holds a sentimental value to you, then go ahead and go all in.

I'm just trying to figure out what the best strategy would be to
not
get Orlandu. Practically speaking it makes sense to use tickets instead of Lapis since Lapis can be used for other stuff like refreshes, slots, some bundles, etc.
On the other hand I feel like Lapis gives you a higher chance to get a rainbow so you would save resources if you pulled your desired unit earlier.

I will probably go for a mix between them. 10 tickets, then a 10+1, then 10 more tickets... I won't even be mad if I don't pull him. I'm breezing through content without him. I'm just looking forward to pulling for a meaningful unit again. My FFBE future is not depending on pulling him.

Valentus

We never said not to pull we said not to chase. Not everyone buys Lapis like you do so why tell people that don't to chase a unit in a shit banner? That goes for Orlandu also his banner sucks, the difference though is people have been saving for months specifically for him.

Chase is pulling, you pull un a banner expecting yo get a unit you want with a rates Up.

If you pull un a banner saying "i dont want nothing of here, but hell im gonna use my limited resources anyway !" Then you have a problem shrinking even more your resources when you have to save.

Marie is worth of spending a % of your resources? Yes. Like i said, she makes every Battle that uses a element trivial.

not
get Orlandu. Practically speaking it makes sense to use tickets instead of Lapis since Lapis can be used for other stuff like refreshes, slots, some bundles, etc.
On the other hand I feel like Lapis gives you a higher chance to get a rainbow so you would save resources if you pulled your desired unit earlier.

I will probably go for a mix between them. 10 tickets, then a 10+1, then 10 more tickets... I won't even be mad if I don't pull him. I'm breezing through content without him. I'm just looking forward to pulling for a meaningful unit again. My FFBE future is not depending on pulling him.

Lapis has a higher chance on an 11 pull but only on the guaranteed gold crystal it's a 5% chance others are all 1%. I always think the best strategy is daily pull then a few tickets then wait till the next day and do that until the end and if you are going to chase then do 11 pulls. Of course if you are going to whale for a unit you may as well just 11 pull over and over after using tickets.

Xion86

Interesting Valentines Day units. Think I'll be sticking to Daily pulls and see how my luck plays out. Should be fun to get through though.

Here is my TM farming and event update :)

fFmC3ysl.png

The first Medius had 2 others fused into him, but a bit too early, so I'll just take him to 100%. He will be replaced by another Medius so all 3 can be fused for a second Growth Egg. Want to finally get two of those.

For the event, I only have the last 6 Summon Tickets and 30k Trust Moogle to get. Any extra candies will go towards Awakening materials. Nearly there :)

Mana Beast total defeated: 127
Rabite total defeated: 78

Spend 30k on that Trust moogle from king mog. :)

so far paid for
all cactaurs.
30k trust moogle.
all golden tickets.
some 6 star materials.

going to farm the shit out of the rest of the event and hope to buy:
Crown.
whip.
elixirs and other useful mats/items.

bonkeng

not

This is exactly what imma gonna do.

Orlando won't be limited though right? Even if you miss him on the banner you'll have a chance to get him.

Yes you are right. But Orlandu is one of my most favorite character in all Final Fantasy. FF Tactics is my 2nd favorite ff game ever. Just behind 6.

Chase is pulling, you pull un a banner expecting yo get a unit you want with a rates Up.

If you pull un a banner saying "i dont want nothing of herencia, but hell im gonna use my limited resources anyway !" Then you have a problem shrinking even more your resources when you have to save.

Marie is worth of spending a % of your resources? Yes. Like i said, she makes every Battle that uses a element trivial.

Chasing means you go all in trying to get that specific unit. Like what you're doing almost every banner.

Pulling a bit is using tickets, dailies, maybe 2 or 3 5k pulls. This is what most of us are doing.

Don't be offended when we said not to chase after Marie. We all agree with you that she's a unit worthy enough to pull for. But not worthy enough to chase for.

creid

Marie has:

- First of all, dualcast
- protecga and shellga
- Focus
- high HP and mp
Does she heal on top of this, or is she just support?

Valentus

I dont feel offended, everybody knows how to spent their own lapis.

But i dont know how the amount of money i spent here has to do with the discussion if a unit is worth or not. That was out of place.

But i dont know how the amount of money i spent here has to do with the discussion if a unit is worth or not. That was out of place.

Jesus, it has nothing to do with how useful the unit is and you are clearly missing the point.

Her main skill, the aoe elemental resistance, gains healing properties through enhancements.

Nice! Good to know, thanks!

I think what people were trying to say is that if a person is not buying lapis on a regular basis then they need to be selective in the 5* units they chase.

(Fyi I have no opinion on the matter. That was just how I read it.)

This is correct.

Alkez

I think what people were trying to say is that if a person is not buying lapis on a regular basis then they need to be selective in the 5* units they chase.

bonkeng

Alkez said it best.

Can we just drop this topic and get back to discussing about how Marie fits in the current meta?

I personally think she'll be valuable if a boss shows up that throws multiple spells with different elements. Specially that Gumi likes to throw exclusive bosses on GL. Marie's Bar-Ga spells with DC will be the savior for that kind of boss fights.

What was the point then?

I was all the time talking about if the unit is good enough or not to pull for her. Nothing more.

It's irrelevant at this point and I guess you and I just have different views on how others should manage resources. People can do what they want obviously. Regardless you and I have butted heads enough for me so with that I'm out. Goodluck to all and feel free to unfriend if needed.

Lyrian

56 pulls, no Primm? That's not normal. Rng is trolling you hard.

Just replying to give you sympathy - it took me, ultimately, about that many pulls to get Ling. Quite bothersome.

Are you pulling for her out of SoM nostalgia or because you want her for something in particular?

Nostalgia mainly.

57. Locke with today's daily. One more try tomorrow and then off to the V-Day banner.

Oddsmaker says ~2.5% chance of not pulling Primm in 57 pulls.

Much unluckiness, but statistics happens. Sucks when it happens (in the wrong way) to you.

Every so often there's a comment on reddit that makes me laugh. This one was a prediction of the Valentines units.

FFBE Reddit shitposts are pretty much the only gems besides the fan art/comics there.

Much better to read those then the typical mathematical over-analysis threads:

This week's eye-rolling topics:

-- The latest attempt to assign a consistent mathematical analysis to create essentially a "Should You Buy From the Mog King" system (like Should You Pull threads)

-- Independent of that, a very serious argument asserted that the 300/600/900 currency star quartz from Mog King is a *worse* buy than a Trust Moogle.

And so on with the usual same topics that go on every single week there.

Finally done with this event, at least.
Got all Tickets/Star Quartz/Equips (even that super expensive Axe)/that 30k Mog.
Don't really want to spend another 4 days farming non stop for the 70k Mog.

I had at least 275% bonus but then it took way freaking too long in my opinion.

Grats on finishing the the event, but let me get this straight.

-- The event is 14 days long.
-- You purchased everything of value in only 4 days.

-- That's 4/14 = 28.6% of the event time, so just barely over one quarter of the event time has elapsed.

"Took way too freaking long".

/blink

Umm.... what?

Were you expecting to clean Mog out in 2 days or something?
Are you one of those people that go to parties, stay for 10 minutes, and go "I've seen everything there is to see here", and leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom