• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonkeng

It's irrelevant at this point and I guess you and I just have different views on how others should manage resources. People can do what they want obviously. Regardless you and I have butted heads enough for me so with that I'm out. Goodluck to all and feel free to unfriend if needed.

Dude, calm down.

Let's not get into that.

Misunderstanding is always a part of a community. Don't take it too personally.

Same goes for Valentus.

Were you expecting to clean Mog out in 2 days or something?
Are you one of those people that go to parties, stay for 10 minutes, and go "I've seen everything there is to see here", and leave?

Lol.

Valentus

Alkez said it best.

Can we just drop this topic and get back to discussing about how Marie fits in the current meta?

I personally think she'll be valuable if a boss shows up that throws multiple spells with different elements. Specially that Gumi likes to throw exclusive bosses on GL. Marie's Bar-Ga spells with DC will be the savior for that kind of boss fights.

Yeah, i close this debate Too.

Marie is right now the best element debuff Too. With 40% element debuff and a elemental weapon can do good damage.

Any unit with excalibur/deathbringer/chiji can take advance of that

Also, her ability to cast double cura and focus makes you dont use a cecil and use another tank.

Also her 50% all elements buff is like tiliths

It's irrelevant at this point and I guess you and I just have different views on how others should manage resources. People can do what they want obviously. Regardless you and I have butted heads enough for me so with that I'm out. Goodluck to all and feel free to unfriend if needed.

Im the one i should be more mad and dont even are angry.

Relax, dont be so intolerant to debate.

Lyrian

Popoi #7 for me woo!

Curious how Artemios will be. Marie sounds pretty good!

I'm kind of going "Hrmmm...." on Artermios.

On one hand, given the manic obsessiveness of Global towards ATK-based units, I can't see Marie being a strong draw in general (despite her actual usefulness). Luna, capping at 5*, is a wasted unit as usual (even with the cruel tease of possessing SSS tier 187 ATK at 5* --- Also what's with the 173 MAG on her? Hybrid damage, anyone?).

So, that leaves only Artemios to chase.

He's got great base health (4066), but only has solid ATK (168) for a 6*. That surely means that he is going to behave closely to his normal counterpart, in that the primary source of his damage is going to be via killer abilities.

But, he's stuck using bows, which means no DH or DW again (normal Artemios's critical flaw).

So, unless Gumi gives him the Randi treatment and gives him a passive something like "all killers +50% when wielding a bow" or Killer + abilities, he's going to be meh.

We shall see after tonight's maintenance, of course.

Yeah its weird to have a banner of bow users without some sort of addition to Archers that makes them viable in the meta again

See thats the thing with this game

At its most complex there is really only a need for maybe 3-4 roles

The rest dont have a slot to fill outside of emulating the role of a different class in a mostly inefficient manner

Its a damn shame because we get units with redundant abilities and if they dont get kitchen sink design then they are no longer useful

tariniel

I seriously feel bad for anyone who didn't get the 100 win arena streak trophy before Noctis came out. It's seriously impossible now. I can't even remember how many times I've run into teams with 3-5 Noctis on it, you're just about guaranteed to lose unless you have a similar team this week because of the black magic lockout.

Arena sucks and is the worst part of this game without a doubt.

dubc35

I have no chance in the arena so I just roll out a 1* unit with no equipment and get one turn killed five times in a row to get the lapis and items, lol.

Niahak

There's something to be had for 100 wins? I'm at 88. No pressure.

500 lapis the first time you do it. The other arena trophies are absurd, but will also get you 500 lapis eventually.

Fire flask isn't even the worst thing about Noctis - at least you can use Ribbon or Seven's TM against that. There's no way to resist the Stop effect from the ice flask.

Lyrian

Alkez said it best.

Can we just drop this topic and get back to discussing about how Marie fits in the current meta?

I personally think she'll be valuable if a boss shows up that throws multiple spells with different elements. Specially that Gumi likes to throw exclusive bosses on GL. Marie's Bar-Ga spells with DC will be the savior for that kind of boss fights.

Yeah, i close this debate Too.

Marie is right now the best element debuff Too. With 40% element debuff and a elemental weapon can do good damage.

Also her 50% all elements buff is like tiliths

Marie is pretty close to an ultimate defensive toolbox unit, great for those situations where you can't one-shot a powerful enemy. Given that her defensive abilities are percentage based, she will **NEVER** be obsolete.

300 ATK can be old news eventually, but 70% resist is just as useful today, tomorrow, next week, or next year and scales with power creep nicely (the power of percentages in action).

Everything else is just adding luscious icing on an already scrumptious cake.

Silraru

I got chizuru from daily. Currently have

Ace
Seven
Rain
Dangerous Ariana
Santa Rosalia

Thinking of replacing rain. Tho would replacing seven or Ariana be a better choice?

tariniel

What are your thoughts on grinding 50k more candies for the Gigas Axe?

I have 2 Mercedes that I could potentially grind those TM's for if I felt like it. No one in my primary team can make use of the Axe that I can think of (Lightning, Chiz, CoD are my primary DPS).

I'm looking for an excuse to not grind more candies :) I have everything else I want except the 70k moogle.

across

On one hand, given the manic obsessiveness of Global towards ATK-based units, I can't see Marie being a strong draw in general (despite her actual usefulness).

I know I'm kinda preaching to the choir here, but the usefulness of any given unit is partially based on what other units you have to pair with it. FFBE is about collecting tools to have in your toolbox. The more tools you have the more prepared you are for any situation. And as with many real-life toolboxes, we accumulate and covet more tools than are necessary for most jobs... this analogy works better than I intended.

Marie is a crazy good unit, and for those who already have a big heavy hitter (Gilgamesh, Luneth, Noctis), I think it makes sense to chase a Support Prime unit. My 5* bases are Ramza and Randi. I don't need Support Prime, I need Attacker Prime. If I'd pulled Noctis back on his banner I'd have been saving up for a Marie or a Rem rather than hibernating for Orlandu.

Given 5* rates this all feels a bit academic anyway. I can't remember what the point I had in mind was when I started writing this post.

Lyrian

Yeah its weird to have a banner of bow users without some sort of addition to Archers that makes them viable in the meta again

See thats the thing with this game

At its most complex there is really only a need for maybe 3-4 roles

The rest dont have a slot to fill outside of emulating the role of a different class in a mostly inefficient manner

Its a damn shame because we get units with redundant abilities and if they dont get kitchen sink design then they are no longer useful

Bolded for emphasis.

That's the problem with all RPGs, MMOs, and so on, the Holy Trinity.

So, if the content is non-trivial to clear, the minimum setup is usually:

1) Your best tank unit
2) Your best healer unit
3-4) Your best physical/magic damage units, depending on the situation.

Which leaves...

5) Your best support unit or flex spot for more damage.

That's not exactly a lot of wiggle room.

So for now in PvE, Cecil is the default for slot 1, Refia is the lock for slot 2, 3 and 4 are the usual suspects, and everyone else has to fight for that one spot on the team.

Ling is an great example here. She is absolutely ridiculous in Arena and half-counters all the Noctii there (neutralizes Fire Flask, but not Blizzard Flask). On the other hand, I can't justify her in PvE in that 5th slot unless there is a dire need for mana battery beyond the various ethers and elixirs. She's not a unit suited for 1-turn wave clearing and thus she gets benched in PvE outside of maybe a trial (niche, if that).

As a result, to "dethrone" the units in the other four roles, new units have to be more "kitchen sink"-like than the previous top tier units, in performing the key role masterfully and doing something else as well (more so than the previous top tier unit).

In a world of constant power creep though, such inequalities are needed to justify the constant need to keep upgrading a team to keep up with the power curve.

I seriously feel bad for anyone who didn't get the 100 win arena streak trophy before Noctis came out. It's seriously impossible now. I can't even remember how many times I've run into teams with 3-5 Noctis on it, you're just about guaranteed to lose unless you have a similar team this week because of the black magic lockout.

Stop trying to fight top 10k teams if you are trying to hitthe 100 win trophy? Top 3k is guaranteed to have at least 1 noctis, if not more, per match.

Also, Noctis's critical weakness is that he lacks innate MP regen (it's an active ability that the AI does not use in the arena). As long as he doesn't cast a flask in the first turn (if he goes first), he can be stopped cold every time via:

-- Any physical unit with Lance
-- Any physical unit with Osmose Blade <--- This is CRAFTABLE.
-- Any magical unit with Osmose <-- Several espers have this, as well as most non-garbage mages.

This will, of course, make your arena fights take a turn or two longer, but will greatly increase your win rates against most teams (also works well on any physical dual wielding unit effectively).

Whoa whoa I don't like to see my fam here fighting. Basically, our philosophy here is that you chase good banners, not single 5* base units. That's been preached for a long time. It's why I kept saying go all out on Noctis banner if you want to because it's the best we'd have for a while. This pertains to people that are F2P which are a majority here I think. If you are ok with spending some money or ok with throwing lapis at a particular unit and won't stress if you whiff, then by all means, go for a unit you want.

Marie is a great unit and we all already know Orlandu is. If you are F2P, it's smarter to hold off because the other units on those respective banners are poor (still waiting for rest of vday banner info). Instead, you can save up for the FFX banner which has Tidus who's comparable enough to Orlandu and Rikku who's a top tier support like Marie. There will also be players choice banners and the anniversary banners which will have Orlandu and other top 5* base units in them so there will be not only more opportunities to get them, but better opportunities.

Again, if you don't mind spending money or won't get upset if you spend some of your stash chasing a 5* base, it's your lapis, go for it! Some of us are just making recommendations for F2P players so they don't frustrate themselves out of playing. If you're just wanting to know if Marie is worth pulling for in general, not based on her banner, the answer is absolutely. Also a side note, cool to see a unit get reflect, finally.

In other FFBE news, if my TM farm runs through out the work day without any problems *knocks on wood* then my first BM should be done by the time I get home! Here's hoping!

As for the 100 win trophy, I don't see myself ever getting it unless I take a week vacation where I can play it often. I think I'm getting close to 70, not enough time :( I suppose I could also do it if I didn't TM farm as I could step outside my area to access my phone to burn orbs but TM farming is obviously far more important than just 500 lapis. One day...one day...

Valentus

I'm kind of going "Hrmmm...." on Artermios.

On one hand, given the manic obsessiveness of Global towards ATK-based units, I can't see Marie being a strong draw in general (despite her actual usefulness). Luna, capping at 5*, is a wasted unit as usual (even with the cruel tease of possessing SSS tier 187 ATK at 5* --- Also what's with the 173 MAG on her? Hybrid damage, anyone?).

So, that leaves only Artemios to chase.

He's got great base health (4066), but only has solid ATK (168) for a 6*. That surely means that he is going to behave closely to his normal counterpart, in that the primary source of his damage is going to be via killer abilities.

But, he's stuck using bows, which means no DH or DW again (normal Artemios's critical flaw).

So, unless Gumi gives him the Randi treatment and gives him a passive something like "all killers +50% when wielding a bow" or Killer + abilities, he's going to be meh.

We shall see after tonight's maintenance, of course.

Lets not forget that gumis stats are with all the passives applied. So that numbers with pots light be a little higher.

The problem with both cupos units its only one : they are now users.

So unless a bow mastery ir a bow doublehanded innate ability, they Will be underpowered.

they seem to be balancing all these new and exclusive ubits more for new players or sidegrades instead of challenging/rebalancing the meta

which means OG players are still gonna sweep content without a second thought or get a new toy to play with

i wouldnt mind if they did sandbox meta updates to change how the game is played but thats just never going to be a thing in a gacha game

Lyrian

I know I'm kinda preaching to the choir here, but the usefulness of any given unit is partially based on what other units you have to pair with it. FFBE is about collecting tools to have in your toolbox. The more tools you have the more prepared you are for any situation. And as with many real-life toolboxes, we accumulate and covet more tools than are necessary for most jobs... this analogy works better than I intended.

Well.. yes. And I've preached to the choir many times before and would rather let the re-dead undead horse lie at this point.

The short, short version of the conclusion we all reached on this was that the game is so early in it's lifespan, that the optimal solution to 99.8% of everything is simply throwing more ATK at it. After all, the best defense is an offense that ensures that the defense never gets a turn (or so the logic goes). Still, I believe others have said that Global is starting to approach the point where throwing raw numbers at things is not going to work anymore, so this perspective may change somewhat in the future.

I believe that most cite the Gilgamesh trial as the first serious instance where throwing raw damage won't get the job done anymore?

And then of course, Gumi, always has the option to create a very heavy defense-oriented meta if they so desired (to deviate from JP FFBE further).

Even then, most will still arguably assert that raising ATK/MAG is a solid investment, no matter what for the effort required to achieve those upgrades. They aren't incorrect with that premise.

Kouriozan

We'll be on OT 3 before The Emperor hit assuming next event after Valentine is Type 0 part 2, and I still have Chilly on my friend list (last played 83 days ago), kinda crazy.

Lyrian

So unless a bow mastery ir a bow doublehanded innate ability, they Will be underpowered.

Good point. Assuming that the unit stats are listed as "naked" units, a Mastery or Doublehanded ability wouldn't appear in those numbers (they would show up when the bow is equipped).

As usual, it's all going to come down to his kit.

Takuan

Anyone running Primm / Randi as lead that has extra space? I accidentally claimed all of the bonus energy sitting in my mailbox, so I'm trying to grind the event as quickly as possible - but I'm out of friends with bonus units.

I'm running Popoi as leader. Friend ID is 822440577 if anyone's interested.

Silraru

Anyone running Primm / Randi as lead that has extra space? I accidentally claimed all of the bonus energy sitting in my mailbox, so I'm trying to grind the event as quickly as possible - but I'm out of friends with bonus units.

Added you as friend. I have primm tho she's not high luv or anything.

Takuan

Added you as friend. I have primm tho she's not high luv or anything.

No worries, I only need the bonus. Thanks!

Side-note: How does the friends list refresh work? I feel like it can't be timer-based, because sometimes I see the same friend I used not too long ago pop up a second time, whereas it'll take ages for another friend to pop up again.

I'm running Primm, just added you. :)

Valentus

they seem to be balancing all these new and exclusive ubits more for new players or sidegrades instead of challenging/rebalancing the meta

which means OG players are still gonna sweep content without a second thought or get a new toy to play with

i wouldnt mind if they did sandbox meta updates to change how the game is played but thats just never going to be a thing in a gacha game

they are beginner-friendly but some of them are high end too

Lets recap exclusive units so far:

D.Rain: Crap
D.Lasswell: Crap
B.C.Lid: Usefull
Cone Fina: Ultra niche
W.K.Noel: Powerfull and not mainstream because it was in the banner after noctis. That means nobody has lapis to pull for him XD
Santa Roselia: High End unit. Same case as Noel
Medius: Crap
Cerius: Niche
Yun: High end unit. Actually the second most powerfull unit in GL now
Ling: Useful, but somewhat niche
Xiao: Very beginner-friendly, not so good for 4+ month players

I expect like you said, that those exclusive units will be new players friendly, and not a complement to the arsenal of veterans... Except for Artemios TM, its amazing.

what units do people want to see shared during an event like this?

I am sharing Exdeath to help with completing ELT for some that might not have as strong team to be running only primm´s popois.

Like myself, I need my exdeath and friend unit above 700 attack to clear ELT with the rest of my crew all primms. I cant use all primms and one friend unit" noctis/exdeath" to clear ELT.. Pro is possible though

Those sharing Randi/lightning with super high attack doesnt help either.. that asshole blobs put an end to it if using those units and my exdeath/ rest primms. unless its PRO.

Rixa

PSA PSA PSA

6h Maintenance starts in 12h 30mins time!

I did swap my leader to Exdeath, since I got low level players as friend, figured that my shiny Warrior Mage will be much useful than my naked not leveled Primm.

I am sharing Exdeath to help with completing ELT for some that might not have as strong team to be running only primm´s popois.

Like myself, I need my exdeath and friend unit above 700 attack to clear ELT with the rest of my crew all primms. I cant use all primms and one friend unit" noctis/exdeath" to clear ELT.. Pro is possible though

Those sharing Randi/lightning with super high attack doesnt help either.. that asshole blobs put an end to it if using those units and my exdeath/ rest primms. unless its PRO.

I share Noctis or, in this case, Randi. More people have Exdeath than Randi. So it's more useful to share him, I think.

For events, I think the general rule is to share naked bonus units.

RedZaraki

Banned
Is it just me, or do the way the units look matter more than it should?

Like........I don't know if I would ever use Marie even if I pulled her just because I don't like the way she looks. Reminds me of a Leprechaun or something.

That White Knight Noel, same thing. Looks ridiculous.

bonkeng

It depends, coz not everyone has the same exact teams.

Some might have 5 Primms or Randi but no Exdeath or any mage to get through the slime, so they will need an Exdeath or Noctis friend to carry them.

On the other hand, most will have a 500mag Exdeath or an 800atk Noctis but only drew 1 or 2 Popois, so they will mostly prefer a Randi friend for the 100% bonus.

There's no real answer to your question. Just share whatever unit you feel that can help others the most.

RedZaraki

Banned
Then never pull. All the units Will be theres anyway

Technically speaking, unless it's for limited time units, all the tickets and lapis are constantly becoming more valuable the longer you wait to use them.

I'm looking for local maxima in the power curve. Units that stand out.

We all know what that means.

Technically speaking, unless it's for limited time units, all the tickets and lapis are constantly becoming more valuable the longer you wait to use them.

I'm looking for local maxima in the power curve. Units that stand out.

We all know what that means.

wait for Cloud :) haha

It depends, coz not everyone has the same exact teams.

Some might have 5 Primms or Randi but no Exdeath or any mage to get through the slime, so they will need an Exdeath or Noctis friend to carry them.

On the other hand, most will have a 500mag Exdeath or an 800atk Noctis but only drew 1 or 2 Popois, so they will mostly prefer a Randi friend for the 100% bonus.

There's no real answer to your question. Just share whatever unit you feel that can help others the most.

I have tried using your Randi, but he has no attack that can damage the damn blob. "unless I am doing it wrong? " :( otherwise an awesome unit mate.

ZangBa

Feels like forever I have been waiting for Orlandeau. I haven't pulled for units in months besides getting 2 banner units for bonus, which have always been my first 2 daily pulls anyway. I'm swimming in tickets, these banners lately have been so incredibly unappealing.

RedZaraki

Banned
Muku I've stayed strong so far.. no 1/2 off pull. It's not even 8 am though so we'll see if I can last all day.

What I do is just hard stop ALL lapis spending no matter what. Set a Lapis GOAL for yourself. Like, if you have 4800 lapis say "I'm going to save lapis until I have 10k, then I might spend a little". And STICK TO IT.

jnWake

On the topic of holding off for banners, IMO it's unnecessarily stressful to attempt to get the best team if you're going F2P. It's completely out of control and will only lead to disappointment.

Regarding the Arena, I wish it had tiers. For example, a 3 star tier where only characters that max out at 3 can participate. That way you could use the crappy friend unit characters or stuff like that.

RedZaraki

Banned

Just fight people that have like Exdeath or Cecil leads.

Anyone under rank 50.

Gotta take those 1.00 multipliers sometimes chasing that achievement.

Valentus

Thats a normal primm (full mag pot)

screenshot_2017-02-08nhq6u.png

screenshot_2017-02-084hpyi.png

Thats the damage she does to the blob

Its not much but that damage isnt chained and the blob is not warp breaked, so with chain that saintly beam can reach 100k to kill It.

Thats saintly beam damage to the Lich in a 13 hit chain

Finally, the damage yo the dragon in a 23 hit combo

Actually those 700k are of exdeaths wicked light lmao , but Primm dis something like 250k but the damage dissapears before i took the SS.

So, yeah, primm can do It but she needs help.

robotuw

Well, I just got to rank 86, so now I can stop running macros overnight and still get a full 8 hours sleep. Nice. Next stop is 100 max nrg.

I've seen a few people with Gamefaqs messages in the arena, is there seriously a gamefaqs BE community?

Put Magic Infuse's on your primms and chain it

Blob is weak to Dark and reisistant to holy

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Dread_Slime

UPDATE:

hmmm Magic Infuse is a hybrid skill? Yeah the strongest dark attacks are Biora/Bio Blaster and are only 1.3x modifiers. Not sure if you can chain them up to enough damage to do 100k damage to the ELT blob or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom