• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonkeng

Link a brother up? Not everyone uses Reddit :/ (or wherever you got the info)

No problem. Here you go.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5syozk/gl_maintenance_quick_peek_2917/

f51SIRJ.jpg

Nikokuno

They do exist!

Also I wanted what'sherface from the New Year banner:
Yellow turns Rainbow

I got another Yun.

Congrats if you like him, otherwise at least it's not a troll.

Mog Shop Recap :
Gigantuars
Megacites
30k TM
+15% HP
Crown
Star Quartz
Tickets
Sacred Crystal

What I still want :
Axe
6* materials (cheap ones)

Valentus

Yeah i ser that now.

Also if you dual weild a projectile/dagger you get total +85% atk

Thats really high. Also the best projectile / dangers available (Rising Sun / ling's dagger) arent. Arent bad either

Time to get artemis bow! (OH THE IRONY)

Kouriozan

I think it's the beginning of the end for me about this game, just the thought of doing the daiy missions is starting to be a chore, and the latest events combined with gacha rates is not helping at all.
I will try to stick though, and hoping for better Brave Exvius days.

Rixa

I think it's the beginning of the end for me about this game, just the thought of doing the daiy missions is starting to be a chore, and the latest events combined with gacha rates is not helping at all.

Good luck man, hopefully you decide to be among us. Try to take it easy. I think most of us who started during soft launch are about to board the same boat. Daily quests being mindless repeat grinding, rates being awful.

Xion86

I love how we get a notification on our phone when the maintenance is over now.

Daily was a Gold earlier, Roselia.
Let's EE if I can get that 30k Trust Moogle today...

Valentines event looks fun

one time clear marathon style exploration event

units look good from the banner, content might be pretty tough

clear rewards are average i suppose but who knows what other benefits it will have

Rixa

I love how we get a notification on our phone when the maintenance is over now.

Daily was a Gold earlier, Roselia.
Let's EE if I can get that 30k Trust Moogle today...

Iam so old timer, I definitely don't want any notifications from any games.
If I get text message (very seldom) to my phone, its only short "bib" sound and nothing else :D. Luckily my phone rings about once per week or seldom :p.

Alkez

Not really a fan of the new Artemois. I don't like that he has no untyped moves. It makes it hard for him to capitalise on his dark debuff.

Week 1: The FF2 set with the exploration: Guy (3), Leon (4), Emperor (5).
Week 2: The FFBE set: Shiera (3), Shine (4), ????? (5).

Marie fits in perfectly with that open 5* slot, but she is being offered early. So, what goes there? Another new 5* Global Exclusive to chase right before Orlandu, yet again?

Could potentially be Eileen?

bonkeng

I overfarmed this event. Tickets, Gigas Axe, Soul Crown, Full Moon Slash Materia, cheap mats, quartz, roots, megacites, 30k moogle, 100 Gigantuars.

And still have 5k candies left.

Hmmm, should I just go for the 70k moogle? hmmm decisions decisions.

I want more events where you can get a decent to great unit. If they insist on these god awful gacha rates, the least they can do is provide us other ways to fill out our roster with good units. I'm still kicking myself over missing out on Maxwell. I'll never get power of Creation...

Good luck man, hopefully you decide to be among us. Try to take it easy. I think most of us who started during soft launch are about to board the same boat. Daily quests being mindless repeat grinding, rates being awful.

I kinda' think I'm beginning down this path, as well. I was at a work conference the past few days and really only had time to check in for the daily rewards and maybe run through the Mana vortex a couple of times. After a couple days of taking a break and after the announcement of what looks to me to be a pretty lackluster V-day event, I'm having a tough time getting excited to jump back in "full time".

bonkeng

I kinda' think I'm beginning down this path, as well. I was at a work conference the past few days and really only had time to check in for the daily rewards and maybe run through the Mana vortex a couple of times. After a couple days of taking a break and after the announcement of what looks to me to be a pretty lackluster V-day event, I'm having a tough time getting excited to jump back in "full time".

As Rixa said, play it casually. You don't have to play it religiously.

I did the same thing back during soft launch. I got bored, log in only a few times, play another game. Then a few months later I came back in. This is not the first time I've done this.

Rootbeer

Banned
They need to put a bit more emphasis on the story content. They are releasing it far too slow.

I said this on Discord last night but also at some point the main story arc in the game will come to some form of conclusion, and when it does, i would like to see a new storyline that brings us into different FF worlds, almost in a Chrono Trigger or Kingdom Hearts fashion.

This would open up a lot of possibilities. For starters, it help allow for more focus to actual FF units (which has been a complaint -- too much focus on non-FF collabs and FFBE units that people are not emotionally invested in), and keep things fresh with new FFBE-style takes on worlds we already know and love.

Each FF world could be the equivalent of continents we already have in FFBE in terms of their size, complete with their own explorations, sidequests, etc.

Sorry for the fanfiction! Point is, there is a lot they can be doing other than throwing yet another grinding event at us to keep us occupied. These events are inexpensive for them to create which is why they are so common. More REAL content would be better.

I don't know about you guys but what first hooked me on FFBE aside from all the existing FF characters you could collect and improve, was that it felt more or less like a full fledged 16-bit rpg in a lot of ways. Had an overworld, towns, lots of quests, things to do and explore. Right now that sort of thing is being spread VERY thin

RedZaraki

Banned
I truly feel like Rabites show up more frequently when you have a Randi in your party.

It's like it goes from 5% chance to like 20% chance or something.

As Rixa said, play it casually. You don't have to play it religiously.

I did the same thing back during soft launch. I got bored, log in only a few times, play another game. Then a few months later I came back in. This is not the first time I've done this.

Good advice, thank you. I will definitely go this route before I would just delete the app.

They need to put a bit more emphasis on the story content. They are releasing it far too slow.

I said this on Discord last night but also at some point the main story arc in the game will come to some form of conclusion, and when it does, i would like to see a new storyline that brings us into different FF worlds, almost in a Chrono Trigger or Kingdom Hearts fashion.

This would open up a lot of possibilities. For starters, it help allow for more focus to actual FF units (which has been a complaint -- too much focus on non-FF collabs and FFBE units that people are not emotionally invested in), and keep things fresh with new FFBE-style takes on worlds we already know and love.

Each FF world could be the equivalent of continents we already have in FFBE in terms of their size, complete with their own explorations, sidequests, etc.

Sorry for the fanfiction! Point is, there is a lot they can be doing other than throwing yet another grinding event at us to keep us occupied. These events are inexpensive for them to create which is why they are so common. More REAL content would be better.

I don't know about you guys but what first hooked me on FFBE aside from all the existing FF characters you could collect and improve, was that it felt more or less like a full fledged 16-bit rpg in a lot of ways. Had an overworld, towns, lots of quests, things to do and explore. Right now that sort of thing is being spread VERY thin

This nails it on the head for me. I still think that I would pay up a decent amount of money if they just turned this into a full-fledged RPG. The events are beyond secondary to my enjoyment of this game, and I always dive straight into the new story chapters the second they are released, and will drop as much lapis as is necessary to refresh my NRG to go through it. If they keep breaking up the story releases into chunks like they did with Zoldaad, I'm not sure how much longer this game will keep my interest.

Pachimari

If BE will bring us to different Final Fantasy worlds then I hope it won't spoil anything for those of us who haven't completed certain titles in the series. That was one of the reasons I stayed away from Record Keepers, cause I was afraid of getting spoiled.

Anyway, only got 16 more Prismatic Horns left till I can awaken my Luneth to 6*.

Rixa

I truly feel like Rabites show up more frequently when you have a Randi in your party.

98% of my runs are done with friend Randi. I have over 70 Mana Beast killed and way under 20 Rabites.

My anecdotal evidence defys yours ;).

across

I overfarmed this event. Tickets, Gigas Axe, Soul Crown, Full Moon Slash Materia, cheap mats, quartz, roots, megacites, 30k moogle, 100 Gigantuars.

A stack of Candy sells for half a million gil. I'm currently sitting on around 63k, with neither Moogle purchased. I know that enhancements are a ways off, but I'm wondering if it might not be a good idea to shore up money while it's relatively easy. Obviously the importance of that to you depends on how much you have - I'm at a fairly paltry 7.5m which is, what, two full suites of enhancements?

Something to think about, maybe.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
rzIDfCB.jpg

Would not have been possible without Dark Fina...especially since I didn't win a single arena match until I got her.

Celegus

Haha nope. I do every single run with a Randi friend since my friendlist is pretty stocked. No bunnies in 120+ NRG today.

RedZaraki

Banned

I plan on buying everything except 70k moogle and then farming a couple extra runs of candy just to sell for gil.

Then back to TMR farming.

You know, this iw totally plausible.

Gumi might think that by releasing Orlandu on schedule, it will trivilize the next few banners and events.

So they'll purposely delay Orlandu until all the other less important units are released.

I'm sure they know a lot of players are waiting for Orlandu, and there's a big chunk of that player base who'll quit after wasting all their resources and not getting the one true God.

Delaying Orlandu's release for whatever reason they will throw, works in their favor.

No Bonkeng, please don't say this. I'd lose my shit if this were to happen.

Syntsui

No whale with self-respect would ignore Eileen/TIdus/Balthier/Veritas/Onion Knight banners, there is no reason to purposely delay Orlandeau.

The non-whale players are irrelevant to them.

Xion86

Finally, my friends, my first TMR! And I still have 3 Zidane for another down the road. Now on to the next...

Congrats!!

And I just got my first Black Cowl just now :)

JAXOx3zl.png

Giving a nice boost for Noctis:

Ao8QqCOl.png

I don't have a Ramza or Gilg for their TMs though :( but Seal of Destruction is the last TM I can add for Noctis now and he will be "finished".

Thanks all!

Yea I think I need to work on some weapons now, I think I'll do Xiao and Chizuru for blade mastery and Kaiser Knuckles. Once I have some Kaiser Knuckles I'll maybe swap DW from Chizuru to Yun.

Also need to get some holy crystals so I can awaken my Mercedes for the Gigas Axe.. Though I'd much rather they just release Firion 6*...

robotuw

So is Artemios' 40% dark debuff the best we have right now (outside of Marie's weird counter debuff)? Might need to get him for my DKC later.

I notice Luna has chainsaw. The chainsaw meta can finally move away from Edgar and onto a 5*-capable unit. Big news for those who still rely on that method.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I had one last ticket (anything over 20 I keep in reserve) for the Randi banner. Got a gold to rainbow. Oh hell yes here it coooooooomes ... and Ace??? Huh. I missed him on his banner but what a curveball.

GG-Duo

So the daily Valentine bundle is 250 energy for 1 ticket, 40 energy and chocolate!

This is really good. A big reason why I got the new years bundle was that it was a way to "save" the cheap daily pull for another time - and that was 350 lapis.

This is the exact same price as a daily. So it's a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom