• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Neat, I was looking at the v-day exclusive units. Definitely going to try to get 2 chainsaw lunas and an Artemos. God please, don't give me this base 5* and make me waste my 5* luck for the future though.

Sorry Edgar, you're about to be replaced.

Cupid Artemos actually looks really solid, and I was at 98% done with my rising sun before I shelved Locke for other TMs. Now where the heck to get a dagger. I have Ling, but her TM is only at like 10%, not gonna bother with that for some time.

So aside from 40 tickets wasted trying for Ling I did a yolo 11 pull, all trash. I........I'm about to re-evaluate playing this game. 6 gold crystals in that 11 pull, not a single Ling.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- hoping everyone who needs could take a step back instead of walking completely away. not that i blame anyone. every game has a shelf life. i'm already 5 months in. how long does it last?

-- maybe just turn the TM farming on for a while and catch up with that? I think I will avoid this Valentines thing entirely and just jam out for a couple weeks.

-- and I think I'm done screwing around with this event, btw. Does everyone know that 9999 candies sells for 500K? Everyone knows that, right?

-- hoping everyone who needs could take a step back instead of walking completely away. not that i blame anyone. every game has a shelf life. i'm already 5 months in. how long does it last?

-- maybe just turn the TM farming on for a while and catch up with that? I think I will avoid this Valentines thing entirely and just jam out for a couple weeks.

-- and I think I'm done screwing around with this event, btw. Does everyone know that 9999 candies sells for 500K? Everyone knows that, right?

I let my weakness get the best of me. Did another 11 pull and got her. Let's really look at what this took. 40 tickets and 2 11 pulls for a 4* base unit. I'm no slouch and have pulled a shit ton and have damn near the best units in the game but this has got to have been the worst this game has ever done me. I now see why Chilly said he's out. Guess I'll put in a lot of OT this month in prep to burn the bank when Orlandu drops.........used most of what I had stacked for him on Ling.

I think less people would quit outright if they were into the story but alas, not all care about story as much as I do. If I was burnt out, I'd at least still turn up for new story updates. I'm all the more interested in what's to come because of comments Shouta has made :) I'm just bummed that they split Zoldaad into more than 2 parts. Especially because I want Odin!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I hear you, Zera. Guess I can't approach the game with that outlook, if only for my own mental health. I've already had to back off the obsessive posting in this thread and checking reddit. The arena has taken a backseat for me for a couple weeks as well. Just trying to pace myself to make this thing as long as possible. Honestly I just need the distraction some days.

I think less people would quit outright if they were into the story but alas, not all care about story as much as I do. If I was burnt out, I'd at least still turn up for new story updates. I'm all the more interested in what's to come because of comments Shouta has made :) I'm just bummed that they split Zoldaad into more than 2 parts. Especially because I want Odin!

I hear you, Zera. Guess I can't approach the game with that outlook, if only for my own mental health. I've already had to back off the obsessive posting in this thread and checking reddit. The arena has taken a backseat for me for a couple weeks as well. Just trying to pace myself to make this thing as long as possible. Honestly I just need the distraction some days.

I actually love the story and can't wait to see how it turns out. My main issue is the abysmal rates. We REALLY need that crystal change to come sooner than later. I've said from day 1 I'm in here for the long haul and I still mean it but when TGC drops this whale is going into minnow mode. And for the love of god can we please get Odin so I can no longer have Greg or Elza on Ramu? Gumi plz!

The story updates coming in those small unfulfilling bite size pieces sucks and I don't even pay attention to the story. I don't want to keep having a "that's it?" reaction all the time.

Yeah that crystal change needs to happen asap and my guess is they are saving it for soon after Orlandu hits. Tons of people will rage quit when they whiff on Orlandu and Gummi will say oops, we're sorry! Here, an amazing crystal change to fix the rate problems! Please come back and be excited!

robotuw

I'm not sure I buy the reasoning for Gumi to delay Orlandu as much as possible. It feels like they are leaving money on the table here. From my perspective it seems like releasing Orlandu would be either good or neutral for Gumi among all three player groups.

F2P: Normally don't spend money. May spend to try for Orlandu though since he's the biggest thing since sliced bread. If that gets them into the habit of spending, Gumi wins and the earlier the better. If they quit or return to F2P, no major loss for Gumi since they were dirty F2P-ers anyway.

Dolphins: Biggest potential for revenue here. They are the ones saving big for Orlandu (aka not spending until then), and will pay when he arrives. If they quit because they didn't get him, too bad but they weren't spending in the mean time anyway. If they do get him or at least keep playing, they go back to occasionally spending money rather than hoarding it all.

Whales: They spend all the time and will spend more for Orlandu. All Gumi is doing is delaying that fat payout. Delaying Orlandu also delays the crystal change, which would cause whales to spend even more.

To be fair, maybe Gumi actually care about the game's meta (yeah right), in which case releasing Orlandu is bad until they put out some more global-exclusive heavy hitters and lessen his impact. But, if Yun is the best they got it won't be enough. Noctis was close but he was a lifetime ago now and wasn't global exclusive anyway.

I wouldn't ever remotely come close to considering spending money on this game with the rates and troll crystals, the Thunder God himself doesn't even move the needle for me.

jnWake

Is Orlandu that big anywhere outside the most dedicated circles? He's not a super popular character, not even close to the most popular FF ones. If anything, Cloud is a character to hold back.

tuffymon

Is Orlandu that big anywhere outside the most dedicated circles? He's not a super popular character, not even close to the most popular FF ones. If anything, Cloud is a character to hold back.

A couple of differences... first of all Global has known about Orlandu and his Opness since day 1. Whereas we JUST learned about Cloud and how crazy he'll be~ Couple that with there's probably 6+ months difference between the release of both units, and what stops you from aiming for both?

It's not due to the character for most people, it's due to him being the bar none most powerful character in Japan when Global first hit and he's remained in the top echelon even to this day. So basically Global players have been pining for him for half a year. I think most that played Tactics dig him as a character but obviously no where near as many players have played Tactics as mainline entries due to Tactics being an SRPG.

I wish I could just pick one. I'd be good. I think I'd want Cloud at this point but Gumi would never let me have both, or either of them I imagine.

Gacha games.

Xion86

I played tactics so many years ago on the PS1, and now don't remember Orlandu :(. Used to love the game though, I can't remember if I ever finished it as I remember just so many levels opening up to finish.

Celegus

I wouldn't ever remotely come close to considering spending money on this game with the rates and troll crystals, the Thunder God himself doesn't even move the needle for me.

Same here. I don't chase anything like that... I set a limit to how tickets / lapis I'll spend at the start of each banner. I take what I manage to get and never expect much given how the rates are. Can't be disappointed that way! 10+1 multipulls are not even a consideration whatsoever until the crystal change.

I'm so glad the change will be in place before FFVIII hits! Speaking of, wonder if they've internally discussed when they plan on bringing VIII and the rest of VII out or if they just made a general comment like "a year down the line" or something to that effect.

Celegus

I'm a little bit behind since I've been working, but what's this about Orlandu not being released? We're not getting him?

Nah just a question of when, not if. Global is going a bit out of order compared to the JP releases, plus all of these holiday events like Valentine's is pushing it back even more.

Broseybrose

Getting mad rabites right now. 3/4 runs had at least 3 rabites. Making up for an entire week of terrible drop rates I hope.

Still need to get expensive tickets, 30k moogle, and axe. I always save the expensive stuff for last for some reason...

Whenever I boot up FFRK I'm like, shit. I can get any character I want as long as I put in the work. Granted, I just started playing around in it recently but syill

I don't mean to bitch. I mean I love FFBE and spend some money, always hoping it will pay off, and it has at times. I just wish some things were different!

Anyway, I can't stop grinding this event. Now it's to sell candies for Gil!

evangd007

I let my weakness get the best of me. Did another 11 pull and got her. Let's really look at what this took. 40 tickets and 2 11 pulls for a 4* base unit. I'm no slouch and have pulled a shit ton and have damn near the best units in the game but this has got to have been the worst this game has ever done me. I now see why Chilly said he's out. Guess I'll put in a lot of OT this month in prep to burn the bank when Orlandu drops.........used most of what I had stacked for him on Ling.

http://ffbe-oddsbitch.danposluns.com/?x=40&y=2

You are the 1% Zera.

Rates seem so bad lately it has been discouraging me from pulling. I didn't even get Xiao off of pulling daily on CNY. The fact that the upcoming banners are so uninspiring doesn't help.

While all you guys are waiting for Orlandu, I'm waiting for the FFX banner. However, all of the GL event banners keep pushing it further and futher away. At one time I think it was scheduled for early March. Now it's in April. Who know when it will end up releasing, and everything in between just looks so meh.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5t492z/tw_bahamut_interview_with_ffbe_producers/

Interview with the producers.

About the crystal change:
The reason for not changing the system now is to give Players a more enjoyable experience.

Wow................ I don't even know what to say to this
The Trust Mastery system is one of the systems that is the same for GL and JP. It is to reward Players who put in time and effort to train a character. Most importantly, it’s the game’s lifeline. It will destroy the game experience if the process is being sped up. There are no plans to change how the TMs work.

why do they allow macros then? the experience is already fucked, it was fucked from day one with Zidane.

Pachimari

I got my first rabbies this event and had enough to buy all mats to awaken my Luneth to 6*!

2OlwmcJ.jpg

Now my question is, can I Solo through ELT with an Exdeath? It seemed to be quite the mouthful when I tried it once so I'm not so sure. Or should I save up candy for metal gigantuars to level up my Luneth?

Nikokuno

I got my first rabbies this event and had enough to buy all mats to awaken my Luneth to 6*!

Now my question is, can I Solo through ELT with an Exdeath? It seemed to be quite the mouthful when I tried it once so I'm not so sure. Or should I save up candy for metal gigantuars to level up my Luneth?

Short answer no
Long answer no

Ken

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5t492z/tw_bahamut_interview_with_ffbe_producers/

Interview with the producers.

About the crystal change:

Wow................ I don't even know what to say to this

why do they allow macros then? the experience is already fucked, it was fucked from day one with Zidane.

H – The reason for not changing the system now is to give Players a more enjoyable experience. Currently, the 5★ based unit pool is still small thus removing the other units will cause the Rainbow pull/pool to be lacking. We will need to wait for “the right time” to implement the new system. Additionally, the rates from Japan might not be the same for Global as there many different country’s law to consider.

how thoughtful of gumi

leehom

It's going to be funny when Gumi finally does the crystal change, there's only going to be a fraction of the player base left.

Broseybrose

An Exdeath alone won't be enough for 1 turn kill on Mana Beast.

Gigantaurs are always the first thing I buy. Youll want to max that Luneth asap so he can equip 2 weapons! (He gets Dual Wield at lvl 100). That's his FIRST step in becoming a powerhouse. Once he's lvl 100 you can focus on getting better equip for him.*

*Me talking like I have a Luneth when I still havent EVER pulled a rainbow, troll or not!
Im loving Ling tho!

Congrats! If your ExDeath's magic stat is at least in the mid 400s and you have a friend Noctis with ATK in at least the mid 600s, then yes, no problem. Noctis can one shot everything up to the slime with Warp Break and then your ExDeath should be able to one shot the slime with dual cast Meteor. Then Just hit repeat to one shot the Lich from the Warp Break + DC Meteor combo and do it again for the Mana Beast but you'll need a little more than that to finish it off, either make everyone else use their strongest moves in that first round or your friend Noctis will easily finish it off in the second round even with a normal attack.

Actually, I forgot, I was able to get my Noctis into the 700s before I tested this but I can say for certain when I had him in the 660's I was able to do it with him Warp Breaking and everyone else auto'ing so either way, should be able to handle it if you meat the aforementioned reqs.

across

When the crystal change went in in Japan, they had 18 5* bases in the pool, I believe - Trance Terra was #18.

In Global, Marie will be our 10th 5* base. By this time, Japan had already put Queen and Orlandu into the pool, but did not have Noctis, obviously. These numbers don't count limited 5* bases, of which we've had quite a few due to seasonal units.

I understand why players would want the change to go in ASAP, but not why they'd expect it to. Odds are it'll go in around the time our 5* pool is similar size, maybe a couple units prior. No reason to believe otherwise. Consider that bit of news a friendly reminder of the adversarial nature of players and (gacha) developers. Caveat emptor.

"The reason for not changing the system now is to give Players a more enjoyable experience."
Ah yes, I had so much fun just now doing a last chance 10+1 pull for Yun. Got a rainbow crystal, held my breath and was rewarded with Hayate! Such an enjoyable experience. Good times man, good times.
Hey producers, this is how you lose your base.

EDarkness

"The reason for not changing the system now is to give Players a more enjoyable experience."
Ah yes, I had so much fun just now doing a last chance 10+1 pull for Yun. Got a rainbow crystal, held my breath and was rewarded with Hayate! Such an enjoyable experience. Good times man, good times.
Hey producers, this is how you lose your base.

Seriously. Fun times for all!

Celegus

When the crystal change went in in Japan, they had 18 5* bases in the pool, I believe - Trance Terra was #18.

In Global, Marie will be our 10th 5* base. By this time, Japan had already put Queen and Orlandu into the pool, but did not have Noctis, obviously. These numbers don't count limited 5* bases, of which we've had quite a few due to seasonal units.

I understand why players would want the change to go in ASAP, but not why they'd expect it to. Odds are it'll go in around the time our 5* pool is similar size, maybe a couple units prior. No reason to believe otherwise. Consider that bit of news a friendly reminder of the adversarial nature of players and (gacha) developers. Caveat emptor.

I get why it hasn't happened yet, but for them to say it makes the game more enjoyable is just crazy talk.

Lyrian

Well, that was an interesting read.

I've been crazy busy today, but the interview verified a lot of the suspicions I have had about the progress and intent of the game.

Although progression in JP seems faster, the GL version is actually more complete, especially in terms of game balance. In a way, the JP version is like an experimental version. For example, if certain characters in JP are not as popular or well received by the JP Players (through feedback), adjustments will be made when the character actually arrives in GL.

This one is **huge** and was a deep personal suspicion and explains the Orlandu situation succinctly.

So, literally, FFBE JP is a big experiment box to test out ideas before releasing them to Global (PAD does this as well). As such, this gives the devs the ability to mulligan any problem they created on JP in the Global environment.

In English, what does that mean?

Repeat after me, in your best Gumi voice: <Orlandu was a mistake>

Which is why Gumi keeps stalling on the banner. The 64 million gil question is whether or not Gumi will be ballsy enough to give Orlandu the Global-Noctis nerf treatment, or if there is a very serious possibility that Orlandu will be kept as-is, but pushed back to the FFT3 banner where his power levels are less ludicrous.

Also, this means that Gumi is seriously considering reworking units to be completely different from on JP. That garbage unit on JP may very well be the next meta-defining unit on Global. That's interesting.

GL players prefer “I wan to be rewarded if I were to spend”.

No surprise here. That's a common tenet of Western society towards microtransaction games.
One thing to note, the team were also surprise that Players would farm Earth Shrine for the TM rewards.

Well.... DUH. Devs, your lack of faith in the hardcore gaming community is deeply disturbing. You give us an inch, we **will** make the impossible a reality, no matter what it takes.

But that leads into...

Also, I have a personal question to ask. If we were to implement a VIP system that will allow you to speed up the TM farming rate, will this be feasible? Please leave a comment of your thoughts.

This is bad. They're looking into outright monetizing TM farming, which would make the game near-completely P2W.

We will need to wait for “the right time” to implement the new system.

Translation: Removal of troll crystals will happen when the game progression reaches the same point as in JP at the very earliest and not a moment sooner. Pray that we don't decide to push the change back further (a very real possibility).

Pull 58 - Popoi #10. RIP Primm dreams. Onto the next banner!

Pachimari

An Exdeath alone won't be enough for 1 turn kill on Mana Beast.

Gigantaurs are always the first thing I buy. Youll want to max that Luneth asap so he can equip 2 weapons! (He gets Dual Wield at lvl 100). That's his FIRST step in becoming a powerhouse. Once he's lvl 100 you can focus on getting better equip for him.*

*Me talking like I have a Luneth when I still havent EVER pulled a rainbow, troll or not!
Im loving Ling tho!

Congrats! If your ExDeath's magic stat is at least in the mid 400s and you have a friend Noctis with ATK in at least the mid 600s, then yes, no problem. Noctis can one shot everything up to the slime with Warp Break and then your ExDeath should be able to one shot the slime with dual cast Meteor. Then Just hit repeat to one shot the Lich from the Warp Break + DC Meteor combo and do it again for the Mana Beast but you'll need a little more than that to finish it off, either make everyone else use their strongest moves in that first round or your friend Noctis will easily finish it off in the second round even with a normal attack.

Actually, I forgot, I was able to get my Noctis into the 700s before I tested this but I can say for certain when I had him in the 660's I was able to do it with him Warp Breaking and everyone else auto'ing so either way, should be able to handle it if you meat the aforementioned reqs.
These are some nice advice that I really appreciate. I will make sure to level up my Luneth to 100 asap with metal gigantuars from candy I get from the SoM Pro event. Then after that I'll do ELF and expect to get even more candy. That said I'm also looking to awaken my Cecil to 6*, as I just need one more sacred crystal, two heaven's ash and four gods reliquary.

Shouta

I want to hear what he actually said in Japanese because it could be a mistranslation about it being a more enjoyable experience, lol.

At any rate, crystal change will eventually come so just gotta wait. This is one of those situations that having knowledge of what happened in JP is actually bad mojo.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I started to see a lot more complaints for it around the time of Noctis(First super powered character), in which case, he was our 7th in the pool(Excluding limited edition units). And as you stated, the pool is simply too small.

But the issue is the purely useless units from it. Hence why I always thought the best compromise was altering it till the unit pool expanded.
Rather than using the base, they use the max growth. Yellow crystals will only produce characters that can level to 5*, and Rainbow 6. Blue would be unaltered. This would mean Yellow crystals would see the drop of the likes of Vive, Penelo, etc. And Rainbow would see the drop of any unit that caps at 5*.

So while a Rainbow may still be Chizzy or ExDeath. One is that it will at least be a unit of usefulness, two is that it will drastically increase the odds at a base 5 unit. While not only offering one of 10 units.

Then in a few months, once they get to TT. Switch it how it is in JPN.

The other thing I would like to see is this, for Limited Timed units, I think offering a boost to drop would be a nice idea over the typical banner. It would incite more to pull and hopefully maybe give people more reason to pull, than hoard for the best in JPN. What I mean by this is, for Limited time banners, the base 4* has a 10-12% drop rather than the usual 6-7%, and the Rainbow unit will have 2-2.5% drop, rather than 1%.

Broseybrose

Well, that was an interesting read.

I've been crazy busy today, but the interview verified a lot of the suspicions I have had about the progress and intent of the game.

This one is **huge** and was a deep personal suspicion and explains the Orlandu situation succinctly.

So, literally, FFBE JP is a big experiment box to test out ideas before releasing them to Global (PAD does this as well). As such, this gives the devs the ability to mulligan any problem they created on JP in the Global environment.

In English, what does that mean?

Repeat after me, in your best Gumi voice: <Orlandu was a mistake>

Which is why Gumi keeps stalling on the banner. The 64 million gil question is whether or not Gumi will be ballsy enough to give Orlandu the Global-Noctis nerf treatment, or if there is a very serious possibility that Orlandu will be kept as-is, but pushed back to the FFT3 banner where his power levels are less ludicrous.

Also, this means that Gumi is seriously considering reworking units to be completely different from on JP. That garbage unit on JP may very well be the next meta-defining unit on Global. That's interesting.

No surprise here. That's a common tenet of Western society towards microtransaction games.

Well.... DUH. Devs, your lack of faith in the hardcore gaming community is deeply disturbing. You give us an inch, we **will** make the impossible a reality, no matter what it takes.

But that leads into...

This is bad. They're looking into outright monetizing TM farming, which would make the game near-completely P2W.

Translation: Removal of troll crystals will happen when the game progression reaches the same point as in JP at the very earliest and not a moment sooner. Pray that we don't decide to push the change back further (a very real possibility).

Pull 58 - Popoi #10. RIP Primm dreams. Onto the next banner!

Primm dreams? She's so... mediocre. But the collector in me understands. I even bought her and Popoi's exclusive weapons from Mog. Only 10k for both!

VIP system? *Groans*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom