• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

Wow that difficulty spike....just about took out Limnad (Refia survived every round and kept doing double Full Revives). Got no tank as I brought my Colosseum team of Luneth, Lightning, Lightning, Noctis, Refia. Luckily not used a tent yet so will see how the final battle goes.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Daily and 5 Tickets, got one Cupid Luna. So I'm pretty stoke on that. That TM is perfect and well needed for Refia. It will basically double her use before oomp

Wouldn't mind Art's too, but Elle's is a bit preferred.

KeRaSh

Thought I would do a few pulls for fun because why not? Would be nice to get Cupid Arty's TM for my tanks.

Daily half: Gold! One and done? Haha, as if... Trey
Ticket #1: Gold #2! Alright, let's get this over with. Russel...
Ticket #2 & #3: Blues with Cupid Luna.

I gave it a shot. Not spending more resources on this banner.

Celegus

Daily was Amartant, I'll mess with the event later tonight. But in much better cooler news, my wife's daily went blue > gold > rainbow and Marie came out! Should make my life much easier doing the harder events on her account!

Selner

Hello!

I played this game a bit a little bit ago, but got distracted and put in down. I decided to pick it up again recently, and I've been lurking here for a week or so.

I don't really know what I'm doing, and you all basically speak a foreign language :).

I started the game back when there weren't lapis rewards for doing quests. So I've been going back and getting all that lapis. I'm not very far into the story content though. Lanzelt Ruins is where I am now.

My team is not great, I've got 4* of Lasswell, Kain, Ariana, Rydia, Garnet, Vanille, Fran and Hope. Garland is 3* but almost enough to awaken to 4*.

Rosa is my only 5*.

488,791,672 is my ID. Lots of friends room :).

Myze

Pulled daily and 2 tickets. All three gold. All three trash or dupes (Fran, Hope, Bartz). Wasn't able to get Ling last banner (after about 30+ pulls). I won't be as sad not getting anything particular from this banner, but I'm hoping to at least get one Cupid Luna for TM, which shouldn't be too difficult with dailies alone (hopefully).

Obviously Marie would be nice, but that's not gonna happen.

Happy Friday Exvius GAF!

So I burned 11 tickets this morning and OH the drama

Pulled at least 5 troll golds

2 Cupid Lunas

A RAINBOW 0.0........ It was DKC My first but..... Still not super excited about him lol

And on my last pull good ol Cupid Artemios popped out!

I hope you all have just as amazing luck as me today but dont be surprised to see many troll golds lol

Pachimari

Welp, spent my first money on this game cause I became impatient.

Anyway, today's new pulls have been Paul 3*, Rakshasa 3*, Cupid Luna 3*, Cyan 3* and Mercedes 4*. I'm pretty happy about Cyan and Mercedes.

Xion86

Hello!

I played this game a bit a little bit ago, but got distracted and put in down. I decided to pick it up again recently, and I've been lurking here for a week or so.

I don't really know what I'm doing, and you all basically speak a foreign language :).

I started the game back when there weren't lapis rewards for doing quests. So I've been going back and getting all that lapis. I'm not very far into the story content though. Lanzelt Ruins is where I am now.

My team is not great, I've got 4* of Lasswell, Kain, Ariana, Rydia, Garnet, Vanille, Fran and Hope. Garland is 3* but almost enough to awaken to 4*.

Rosa is my only 5*.

488,791,672 is my ID. Lots of friends room :).

Welcome back :) it's not that difficult to get back into it don't worry, just try get through as much of the story content as you can though (and never use lapis if you get a Game Over). Try do the daily quests too. I'll see if I can make one more slot to add you.
Edit: Added you, but try add "GAF" somewhere in your tag. You can do this by going to Home > Menu > Player Info > Edit Greeting. so we know you're from Team Exvius GAF and won't kick you from our list :).

Valentines Day event done! Elt was tricky (last two bosses), ended up bringing in Cloud of Darkness, was not bad at all once I got the elemental buffs up. The Attack materia gave my Noctis another boost which was great. Good luck with that one Valentus...

early game I was having trouble getting them. Over time though they started overflowing to where I have to sell stacks of them!

in the meantime... here are your best options

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Best_places_to_farm#Heaven.27s_Ash

uhhhh no run phantom forest

or any shrine

Mats drop like candy in explorations so there is zero reason to waste NRG on Vortex of Awakening.... like ever

Unless you are in a last resort need for Sacred crystals and unique 5 star mats

Even then you are better off waiting to do the maze and farming phantom forest (early on) and then shrines after that

I seriously can't believe this guys. I pulled Cupid Artemios and freaking Marie?

rjgVzQQ.png
pu5ViTh.png

Prototype

Welp, spent my first money on this game cause I became impatient.

Anyway, today's new pulls have been Paul 3*, Rakshasa 3*, Cupid Luna 3*, Cyan 3* and Mercedes 4*. I'm pretty happy about Cyan and Mercedes.
Pulled a 4* Mercedes and glad I kept her, mug coming in handy at the colosseum.

Rootbeer

Banned
I haven't looked at the JP tier list in a while. Noticed Randi is now WAY up the list, on par with Orlandu!?

http://altema.jp/ffbe/unit

If you pulled him on the global banner, wait it out and he should be pretty boss (he's already decent though!)

uhhhh no run phantom forest

or any shrine

Mats drop like candy in explorations so there is zero reason to waste NRG on Vortex of Awakening.... like ever

Unless you are in a last resort need for Sacred crystals and unique 5 star mats

Even then you are better off waiting to do the maze and farming phantom forest (early on) and then shrines after that
I think you are quoting the wrong post.

The wiki article I linked specifically mentions the phantom forest bit, and people always recommended it as the #1 option even back when i was having trouble getting them.

the wiki however doesn't say that you can also steal them from ghouls in the Colosseum, not just T. Rex and poison eagles, to give you more options.

I haven't looked at the JP tier list in a while. Noticed Randy is now WAY up the list, on par with Orlandu!?

http://altema.jp/ffbe/unit

If you pulled him on the global banner, wait it out and he should be pretty boss (he's already decent though!)

I think you are quoting the wrong post.

The wiki article I linked specifically mentions the phantom forest bit, and people always recommended it as the #1 option even back when i was having trouble getting them.

the wiki however doesn't say that you can also steal them from ghouls in the Colosseum, not just T. Rex and poison eagles, to give you more options.

I just know that after the second island you can pretty much get any drop from anywhere as you work through all the story and explorations

Including Holy and Sacred crystals (rare)

But yeah sorry about misreading/misquoting your original post

Pachimari

Why are they differentiating JP and GL anyway? Why didn't they just give Japan the same stats for the heroes and weapons as in the rest of the world to start with? I'm just curious. :)

creid

YOU GUYS

My daily pull was a Gold > Rainbow > Marie! My first 5* base! Not who I would've picked, but I ain't complaining ;)

One less member of the no-5*-club

Rootbeer

Banned
I did mention 10 days ago how good Randi is in JP. You need to remember the difference of JP & GL. Other has Enhancements + Stacking Doublehand.

I didn't get Randi.
I've been playing since day 1 of global, yes I know about that stuff!

People should be aware of how awesome he will get though. Since we do have a global banner CURRENTLY open for him, so there is still chance to get him now and be ready for the future. Besides, he's even good now (just not awesome.)
Though he is awesome against dragons and such :p

I got a Randi Weds. I almost cried from joy

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Thank you to all the people who posted about Marie! Inspired me to go yolo with my tickets and I got her. :D

What would be a good group composition for her? Mainly for the ELT Valentines event.

cP1vUZN.jpg

Luneth, Dark Fina, Marie, Refia and Noel? Or should I keep Rain for Leadership and Undermine?

Kouriozan

Well of course I gotta crash on ELT at the final boss "no continue" woops you wasted 15 mins of you life + 18 NRG.
Sometime I just hate this game.

EDIT : at least this time it don't boot you out, but I'm done for today.

bonkeng

Well of course I gotta crash on ELT at the final boss "no continue" woops you wasted 15 mins of you life + 18 NRG.
Sometime I just hate this game.

If you crashed, it will just bring you back to the battle where you're at. Not the same with Majin Fina.

And to all who got Marie, congrats. This is better than SoM's first day, where everyone got trolled left and right.

KeRaSh

I feel like Gumi upped the rates for Marie after fucking everyone over with Randi to rebuild some bridges they might have burned.
Grats to everyone who got her.

RedZaraki

Banned
Got a summon math question:

What would be higher odds of pulling a banner 5* base:

Two eleven pulls (10 + 1, with guaranteed 4 star)

OR

40 Summon Ticket pulls

?

Dandte

OR

40 Summon Ticket pulls

?

Rng is always the same but 10+1 would at least give you 4 stars as you noted...well shadow can also be 4*. Tickets on the long term would be cheaper.

RedZaraki

Banned
K I figured it out.

Assume you have 10k Lapis and want to maximize odds for a banner 5-star base unit.

2 x (10 + 1) pulls = 14% odds. according to http://ffbe-oddsbitch.danposluns.com/

At 500 lapis each pull you get 20 pulls = 9.5% odds.
At 250 lapis each pull you get 40 pulls = 18.1% odds.
At 333.33 lapis each pull you get 30 pulls = roughly 14% again.

TLDR: If a single pull ever costs less than 333 lapis, it is more efficient than an eleven pull. Do it!

Bonus: You also are getting 30 total pulls instead of 22, so you'll get more other units as well.

bonkeng

OR

40 Summon Ticket pulls

?

2 x 5k pull = 14% chance of a 5* base banner unit.

40 tix = 18.1% chance of a 5* base banner unit.

Both 40 tix and 2x5k pull = 29.6% chance

Valonquar

Trials of Love ELT done... that shit was rough. 2 more weeks of TM farm catchup. Snow @ 66%, last TM I need to push Lightning over 800. I need a newer 6* physical attacker ;_;

Any tips?

I think I have all the bosses figured out up till the dragon

I might just do it multiple times and skip certain bosses but I need a surefire way to take down abraxas

bonkeng

Hmmm, I'm having trouble logging in my account thru Nox and Memu. I can log in thru my phone just fine.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Any tips?

I might just do it multiple times and skip certain bosses but I need a surefire way to take down abraxas

What's your party?

My party: Noctis, Cecil, Refia, Greg, Yun, fr Noctis.

Here's what I did to the dragon:

Cecil = LB

Refia = DC 2 random Bar spells since I didn't know what spells the dragon will cast.

Yun = Raging Bird (10 hits)

Greg = Divider

2 Noctis = Warp Break

Dealt around 60% damage to the dragon.

Dragon's turn dealt my team pretty heavy damage, but all units survived.

Turn 2, repeat.

Dead Dragon.

Yun and Greg can be replaced with 2 other dd. But I feel you need both Refia and Cecil for higher chance of survivability.

Im running

Elza
Exdeath
CoD
Gilgamesh
Refia

Friend Noctis

Can beat all four starter bosses

Almost killed Limrod but didnt buff up properly an date too many spells

So I think I can get to Abraxas easier now that I know how to prep. I can one shot the Behemoth so thats a streamlined way through

I might skip the optional bosses and go straight for Abraxas. Once I kill him if I have enough resources I may double back to kill off the other optional bosses or just clear the level and respec for the other run

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Any tips?

It comes down to your 5th character.

Bring in the COD for AE Bar Spell. Boost up HP on other units. My Luneth was barely surviving at 4.5k with Cheer, Focus, and Bar on. 5k on the other hand was surviving pretty nice.

I'm pretty happy I've built my Refia to be a fucking tank. Shield, Bustier, Crown, and Muscle Belt. She basically never goes down.

The new arena rules are going to make this week highly RNG dependent. You go first? Nuke and win. You go second? Pray no one dies or gets locked down with a status since you can't heal.

I'll be running DW Noctis for Fire Flask, DW Chizuru w/ Flame Katana for Phantom Shadow, CoD w/ Diabolos for Darkness, 2x Exdeath for DC Firaga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom