• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

Officially done with both events and back to TM farming! :)

How's everyone getting on now with a Elt? Remember to bring Cloud of Darkness if you have her, such a great help. I pretty much spammed the same moves with Luneth and Noctis (plus Friend Noctis) for all bosses (Warp Strike, Cut Through), whilst buffing / attacking with Cooud of Darkness and trying to stay alive with Cecil and Refia.

How's everyone getting on now with a Elt? Remember to bring Cloud of Darkness if you have her, such a great help. I pretty much spammed the same moves with Luneth and Noctis (plus Friend Noctis) for all bosses (Warp Strike, Cut Through), whilst buffing / attacking with Cooud of Darkness and trying to stay alive with Cecil and Refia.

I was so close, got to the last boss... he was down at 45% and totally whiped me out :-(

Same. I just got the axe and 30k moogle today. I think I'm done. I'd also use way more characters if the equipment was separated by party. I'm too lazy to adjust my natural team.

I haven't TM farmed in a while, bit I guess I can start again.

Xion86

I was so close, got to the last boss... he was down at 45% and totally whiped me out :-(

Everything seems to resist too huh :(. I found the last boss wasn't too bad until he was under 10% health or so, which took ages to get down. Need to keep those elemental buffs up as much as you can with health up each round. It's a tough fight, but not an annoying one. Keep at it. I had to use my Elixers and Phoenix Downs too. Sharing my Noctis if it helps anyone.

Advocatus Diaboli I know exactly what you mean about the party thing haha, that's why at first I took in my Colosseum team, did fine until the 2nd from last boss on Elt. Had to change things up and bring Cecil and Cloud of Darkness for my 2nd go and did it then. But had to re equip everything of course :p.

Well now the red water Spirit kicks my ass.

Im making progress

Tilith is too weak though and i dont have HP pots

consider using spirit killer materia over Atk +10 on some slots

im not sure what other spirit killer sources you can affordably opt in

You should be setting up to drop her in 2-3 turns if possible regardless if tilith goes down or not

robotuw

My Noctis is back as my friend unit, 780 atk with dragon slayer and murasame instead of chirijiraden. Any other equipment I should be running to make things easier for people?

The ultimate troll.....

35n8l

honestly you have to spec for survival or rush down

preferably rush down if you can cut it though i know Vals putting himself to the coals.

this might be the toughest event yet for free to play but it does place value on

- def ignore nukes
- element chains
- killer passive stacking against the boss types
- the finding of effective dark/light element attacks and weapons

interestingly.... the banner units actually fit into making this event easier if you gear and max them out in time

Alkez

Well I just played the stupidest game of arena I've ever played. First turn opposing Noctis uses fire flask. The only unit who wasn't affected with a crippling status was Ling, and because of the rules this week I couldn't use her esunaga. So I had to use her fire flask and hope to stone everyone to victory. It took 6 turns but I somehow managed to pull it off.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Trying to decide on what to focus on to use as support for the Valentines event. Level up my CoD from 60 to 100, awaken and level up Ling or awaken and level up Marie.

Seems like a lot of people got by fine with just Omniveil but their other units seem to be beastly equipped compared to mine.

Broseybrose

Excellent! Got both Cupid units with 6 tix!

This is how I play this game. Frugally. Which is why I never complain that Ive never pulled a base 5*. I only mention it every month or so cause its a compelling statistic.

Still got a 21k lapis reserve and 30 tix.

Valentus

Do you need a specific friend unit shared? I could share my max hp Tilith etc~

Actually i need exdeath Friends, So i gaf can lend me a hand again, i Will appreciate It.

Basically i need an exdeath with 4k min Ho. The MAG over 450 is good

Have you given her the 15% HP materia that we recently got?

Thats my tilith right now

Basically is Too weak in HP. I need HP pots.

I need tilith un this build. For a underpowered party, +30% all elements IS NOT ENOUGH. I need Rainbow veil, and the 2 units can do It are tilith and Marie. And Marie is base 5 star so only tilith is left.

I

consider using spirit killer materia over Atk +10 on some slots

im not sure what other spirit killer sources you can affordably opt in

You should be setting up to drop her in 2-3 turns if possible regardless if tilith goes down or not

I tried the barrage build double cod , Mercedes, cecil, tilith refia... And even with cecils lb is too slow and the MP race Beats me. So i Will keep trying with double exdeath

robotuw

Thats my tilith right now

Basically is Too weak in HP. I need HP pots.

Not sure if I've maxed her out but my Tilith has hp pots on her (also mp, spirit, and I think def), since I can get her above 4k hp. You want me to share her? I've only got one muscle belt at the moment but I can make another in 6 hours and put it on her.

bryt

Destroyed this event with Cecil/Refia/CoD/Noctis/Noctis/Friend Noctis lol. Everything died with 3 warp breaks except the dragon which took 6 warp breaks. I feel like a damn whale.

Add me 943 290 204 if you guys need a 813 ATK Noctis I have 3 slots free.

eggydoo

Tried ELT, got abaraxas down to a cm of hp and wiped. My tilith actually was surviving with 3700hp.

I really need a dualcast refia....

Lyrian

ELT one and done.

That was a satisfying set of fights, some of which are borderline quite difficult.

Most difficult opponent --> the air spirit right before the two headed dragon. Osmosing + Healing mobs suck big time.

Most ******ing annoying opponent --> the mantis who gets like 6-8 ST wind and/or dark attacks a round.

Most overrated opponent --> the arachne. Seriously, Barstona takes all the bite out of her.

MVP --> Cerius. Hands down full stop. ELT is worlds more survivable with elemental resists up. Cerius can be equipped to resist all elements except light, which is not used by the bosses in the dungeon. Massive 4k AE nuke from the dragon? Barfiraga can wipe that off the board with a single Curaja with room to spare. Also, via junctioning Carbuncle to her, she becomes a third makeshift Curaja healer (via dual Cura) on turns she isn't buffing to ensure that everyone is at full health each turn.

Felt good to feel the need to run a defense team for a change.

-- Daily +1 --> C.Luna x2. I guess that's something, if I want the refresh ring someday.

Broseybrose

ELT one and done.

That was a satisfying set of fights, some of which are borderline difficult.

Most difficult opponent --> the air spirit right before the two headed dragon. Osmosing + Healing mobs suck big time.

Most ******ing annoying opponent --> the mantis who gets like 6-8 ST wind and/or dark attacks a round.

Most overrated opponent --> the arachne. Seriously, Barstona takes all the bite out of her.

MVP --> Cerius. Hands down full stop. ELT is worlds more survivable with elemental resists up. Cerius can be equipped to resist all elements except light, which is not used by the bosses in the dungeon. Massive 4k AE nuke from the dragon? Barfiraga can wipe that off the board with a single Curaja with room to spare.

Felt good to feel the need to run a defense team for a change.

-- Daily +1 --> C.Luna x2. I guess that's something, if I want the refresh ring someday.
Who has barstona? I have a max lvl Cerius. If its a materia where do you get it? Wiki shows nothing...

Only thing I see is Golem with Barstone.

edit- found it. Barstonra... Zahedi Westersands.

Got my Marie all maxed out...Wonder how she'll do in ELT.

Gotta figure out a real game plan if I'm to tackle that again. Really need to get to TM farming but all these events are just distracting me!

evangd007

MVP --> Cerius. Hands down full stop. ELT is worlds more survivable with elemental resists up. Cerius can be equipped to resist all elements except light, which is not used by the bosses in the dungeon. Massive 4k AE nuke from the dragon? Barfiraga can wipe that off the board with a single Curaja with room to spare. Also, via junctioning Carbuncle to her, she becomes a third makeshift Curaja healer (via dual Cura) on turns she isn't buffing to ensure that everyone is at full health each turn.

Today my Cerius started at 3*. Now she is 6*/67, but I'm out of Mog King gigantuars. Time to run cactuar dunes!

Lyrian

Who has barstona? I have a max lvl Cerius. If its a materia where do you get it? Wiki shows nothing...

Only thing I see is Golem with Barstone.

edit- found it. Barstonra... Zahedi Westersands.

Today my Cerius started at 3*. Now she is 6*/67, but I'm out of Mog King gigantuars. Time to run cactuar dunes!

An additional note:

Cerius has resist earth as an innate ability via Heart of Light, but it can't be dualcasted, which can be awkward. So bring a Barstonra.

Don't remember anything require resist water, but multiple bosses did require air resist, so equip a Baraerora materia on her as well and stack her with Muscle belts and HP materia in the other slots to increase her survivability.

Broseybrose

An additional note:

Cerius has resist earth as an innate ability via Heart of Light, but it can't be dualcasted, which can be awkward. So bring a Barstonra.

Don't remember anything require resist water, but multiple bosses did require air resist, so equip a Baraerora materia on her as well and stack her with Muscle belts and HP materia in the other slots to increase her survivability.

Thanks for the tips!

I forgot about Heart of Light. Its AoE too which is awesome.

Already have Baraerora. I just picked up a Barwatera (just to have it) which is in a silver chest in Grandport.

Crafting Barstonra and Barwatera now... 6hrs and counting lol.

tuffymon

Thanks for the tips!

I forgot about Heart of Light. Already had Baraerora.

I just picked up a barwatera (just to have it) which is in a silver chest in Grandport.

Small price to pay for upper your success rate~

c-murph

Dual Wield #3 done! I do have a 4th Zidane... do I need a fourth?!

Probably never. I have four DW and another five Zidanes with 5% TM each from extras I got. But I don't know if I would ever grind them out because I also have two Lightnings. Plus your team is going to always have some sort of healer or support who won't use one. But that's just like my opinion.

Iceman829

Just kicked some butt in the ELT battle. I used Cod, Exdeath x2, Cecil, Refia and one of GAFs super swole Noctis.

I was surprised I was able to beat Abraxas in 3 turns without any issue. I guess it helps when your Cecil has 8k hp.

I guess now it's back to some secret of the mana and then cactuar dunes all weekend to finish leveling primm

TMs I have for anyone wondering - DC & Equip H Shield (Refia), DW (CoD), Power of Creation (Exdeath)

Lyrian

Small price to pay for upper your success rate~

The difference between 30% resist (via Omni-Veil) and 50% (via Bar----ra) is a lot more than 20%, at face value.

Against the ELT bosses, who can toss 4k AoE nukes, 20% extra resist equals 800 damage saved to each unit.

That doesn't seem like a lot, but when your team can only marginally heal up to max via two healers (say, Refia [no DC] and a Cecil), that extra damage starts causing attrition over the long run. Eventually the accumulated damage deficit becomes enough that units start dying and then the run quickly goes downhill fast.

Marie (for those that have her) should make ELT laughable. Turning ~4k nukes into ~1k nukes (give or take) totally trivializes elemental attacks. Cerius can only do this with fire/ice/lightning, but it becomes fairly obvious during the run how much more powerful 70% over 50% resist is versus 50% over 30% than what the base percentage implies at face value.

Broseybrose

Just kicked some butt in the ELT battle. I used Cod, Exdeath x2, Cecil, Refia and one of GAFs super swole Noctis.

I was surprised I was able to beat Abraxas in 3 turns without any issue. I guess it helps when your Cecil has 8k hp.

I guess now it's back to some secret of the mana and then cactuar dunes all weekend to finish leveling primm

TMs I have for anyone wondering - DC & Equip H Shield (Refia), DW (CoD), Power of Creation (Exdeath)

Are you working on Rising Sun for your DW CoD? Its a glorious weapon!

One of the few TMs I actually have. (DC, DW, Rising Sun, 2 Excals.)

Now working on BM, Sakafu, DW#2, and Mag+30%.

Next will be probably be 2xOmni Rod, Lordly Robe, and 2xBlack Cowl. And many more MAG+30%.

After that will be 2xChampions Belt, 2xArsha Talisman, and 2xCat Hat.

I could go on for a bit with these.

The difference between 30% resist (via Omni-Veil) and 50% (via Bar----ra) is a lot more than 20%, at face value.

Against the ELT bosses, who can toss 4k AoE nukes, 20% extra resist equals 800 damage saved to each unit.

That doesn't seem like a lot, but when your team can only marginally heal up to max via two healers (say, Refia [no DC] and a Cecil), that extra damage starts causing attrition over the long run. Eventually the accumulated damage deficit becomes enough that units start dying and then the run quickly goes downhill fast.

Marie (for those that have her) should make ELT laughable. Turning ~4k nukes into ~1k nukes (give or take) totally trivializes elemental attacks. Cerius can only do this with fire/ice/lightning, but it becomes fairly obvious during the run how much more powerful 70% over 50% resist is versus 50% over 30% than what the base percentage implies at face value.

Very true.

Having 6* Cerius for Great Nian Beast made him not even dangerous on ELT, because he only used Fire and Thunder and she could dual cast both BAR-aga spells.

NomarTyme

Thanks for the tips!

I forgot about Heart of Light. Its AoE too which is awesome.

Already have Baraerora. I just picked up a Barwatera (just to have it) which is in a silver chest in Grandport.

Winter Ward if you played the Christmas event gives All allies 50 % resist to wind and blizzard. And it also can be equip with anybody.

eggydoo

Give it a go :) nothing much to lose apart from NRG which you will get back in not too much time after. What kind of party you thinking of taking in?

My team:
Tilith @ 3700hp
Noctis around 550atk
CoD at 340 atk
Dark Fine at 550mag
Exdeath at 340 mag
Friend Noctis was 800atk

Wasn't too bad til abraxas. I don't have a Cecil and my Refia(just got him)is a WIP still at 5star.

evangd007

An additional note:

I thought Heart of Light did Dark resist? Anyway once everybody started complaining about getting wiped to Earthquakes I went to Zandehl Westersands to pick it up, so it's cooking. I was considering trying this out the ghetto way that I did Great Nian Beast with Bartz and Lightning splitting Green Magic duty, but figured it's as good a time as any to add Cerius to the toolbox.

I'll need to pick up a Healing Staff from the Fat Chocobo too since my Carbuncle isn't 2* yet.

Broseybrose

Winter Ward if you played the Christmas event gives All allies 50 % resist to wind and blizzard. And it also can be equip with anybody.

I keep forgetting about that materia!

Thanks for the reminder!

I thought Heart of Light did Dark resist? Anyway once everybody started complaining about getting wiped to Earthquakes I went to Zandehl Westersands to pick it, so it's cooking.

I'll need to pick up a Healing Staff from the Fat Chocobo too since my Carbuncle isn't 2* yet.

It does both Earth and Dark!

Iceman829

Are you working on Rising Sun for your DW CoD? Its a glorious weapon!

One of the few TMs I actually have. (DC, DW, Rising Sun, 2 Excals.)

Now working on BM, Sakafu, DW#2, and Mag+30%.

Unfortunately the computer I have that could run nox is a mac and it can't run it properly. I can't access the settings, which means I can't root the device to allow HiroMacro to work. I was using a keyboard recorder that worked pretty well, but then it prompted me to buy it via paypal or I couldn't use it. I tried some other options without any luck. I might try to get FRep to work on my phone, but otherwise I'm out of luck.

I was in the middle of working on BM, Saku x2, Black Cowl x2. After that I was going to clear up a few that I have multiples that I can fuse together

I was planning on picking up a new surface pro when they announce them, so I'll figure it out until then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom