• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was planning to skip this banner but just realized that I woke up in the middle of the night and ended up doing a daily pull and using all 19 of my tickets in a half-sleep stupor.

Most of the pulls were forgettable Alma, Charlotte, Jack, Vivi, Russell, Duane, etc... tier. The ones that I kept and didn't fuse away were:
Cupid Luna x3
Cupid Artemios x2
Zidane #4 and #5 (!)
Cecil #6

No 5*, but I suppose it will be worth it when I have my entire team outfitted with DW...
in 4 months

Whoooooo beat it

Damn son that was a tough one

I opted to only kill the Holy susceptible bosses so I went

Manasa > Neith > Herne > Limrod > Dragon

Worked out great. Chests I missed only contain 6 star mats on ELT so I fely comfortable skipping them

evangd007

Daily: Cupid Luna

I don't really care for this banner and pulled basically just for posterity. Don't really feel like chasing ArtemiosC so I'm done on this banner, just picking up those 250 Lapis tickets from here on. If I don't TMR farm then what should I use the energy for? Stockpile for the next Mog King event?

Trials of Love has no PRO difficulty, no missions, and no resource nodes in the exploration area. What a lazy event.

tariniel

I completed ELT and killed all of the bosses on it, the only boss that killed anyone was the one that used Earthquake but I was able to Full-Life them and finish the run and got all of the chests. I think this event is pretty much the perfect difficulty, it was challenging but not impossible and thankfully didn't have any stupid clear conditions (kill with an item or esper, gtfo). Rewards were pretty nice too. HP+15% and ATK+15% are amazing, never mind the rest.

I went in with Cecil, Refia, Chizuru, Cloud of Darkness, Lightning, friend Noctis. I used a ton of MP consumables and a tent too.

And done with the event. Noct, Greg, Cecil, Ling, Refia, friend Greg. All DW Excal/Sakuru. Ling's MP regen was very helpful. I can see how non stacked teams are going to struggle with this one but Valentus will show you the way soon enough I'm sure lol.

And done with the event. Noct, Greg, Cecil, Ling, Refia, friend Greg. All DW Excal/Sakuru. Ling's MP regen was very helpful. I can see how non stacked teams are going to struggle with this one but Valentus will show you the way soon enough I'm sure lol.

I have no idea how a F2Play team is going to clear ELT

I did see reddit did it with Edgar chains so if you have an adequate finisher you can likely do it that way

evangd007

The fact that every boss does heavy elemental damage is an attempt to encourage people to pull for Marie or level up Cerius.

Im struggling hard with the Boss... The fake doublicorn is giving me some trouble.

I need to think more in my party

Yeah this event has so few openings to exploit

High def, high attack

Even with good mitigation you get end up losing control of the battle sometimes and these bosses throw out a lot of AOE

So for F2play you want to focus on adequate defense but not too much. Also youll likely have to forgo getting ALL the treasure and skip at least 2 bosses

I recommend doing the boss order I chose

Light Element seems much more abundant and easier to chain for F2Play

Edgar Chains? You mean Cupid Luna now. She has Chainsaw.

Cupid Luna only has access to one Element weapon

The Candy Gun... if you snagged it oh and Killer Bow is Dark

Buuuutt... Most of us should have equip materias by now right?

tariniel

The fact that every boss does heavy elemental damage is an attempt to encourage people to pull for Marie or level up Cerius.

CoD's Omniveil also works just fine, that was the solution I opted for since I went in blind and didn't know which elemental spells the bosses used. Just bring plenty of MP consumables or a mana battery unit.

I always used Provoke on turn 1 with Cecil, then Focus after that as well. He absorbed so much damage and was probably the biggest reason I was able to do it.

Valentus

Yeah this event has so few openings to exploit

High def, high attack

Even with good mitigation you get end up losing control of the battle sometimes and these bosses throw out a lot of AOE

So for F2play you want to focus on adequate defense but not too much. Also youll likely have to forgo getting ALL the treasure and skip at least 2 bosses

I recommend doing the boss order I chose

Light Element seems much more abundant and easier to chain for F2Play

Cupid Luna only has access to one Element weapon

The Candy Gun... if you snagged it

Im running

Refia
Tilith
Rain
Primm
Exdeath
Exdeath

Prototype

Really digging this game but is it just me or is the stamina system harsh as fuck here. Coming from Marvel Future Fight where energy/stamina is plentiful, I.e. I feel like I get to play for a while. In Ffbe, I feel like I'm always waiting to play.
Don't get me wrong, this is only a problem because I want to play more so bad. The game is really fun. Can't believe I held off for this long before giving this game a look.

Edit. I'm literally in love with the Golbez sprite. Don't care if he's not good, I'm definitely maxing him out.

evangd007

CoD's Omniveil also works just fine, that was the solution I opted for since I went in blind and didn't know which elemental spells the bosses used. Just bring plenty of MP consumables or a mana battery unit.

I always used Provoke on turn 1 with Cecil, then Focus after that as well. He absorbed so much damage and was probably the biggest reason I was able to do it.

Do you need to restore MP during battle or just in between? I'm going to have a ton of these chocolates.

I have a CoD but haven't raised her and probably won't anytime soon. She only seems good for blind runs. Otherwise you're better off taking the unit specializing in whatever you're up against: Cerius/Marie for resists, Luka/Ling for AOE cleanse, or any other damage unit for damage.

tariniel

Do you need to restore MP during battle or just in between? I'm going to have a ton of these chocolates.

I have a CoD but haven't raised her and probably won't anytime soon. She only seems good for blind runs. Otherwise you're better off taking the unit specializing in whatever you're up against: Cerius/Marie for resists, Luka/Ling for AOE cleanse, or any other damage unit for damage.

I just used the chocolates/ethers after battles on anyone who had less than half MP.

Even if you do know what elements CoD is still a useful unit for DPS and has reasonably high health and resists. I'd rather bring her than Exdeath (my only other option for DPS), as Exdeath would fall over far more often; but if I didn't have dual wield on her I might not have. I suppose I could have brought Rain for breaking too, but I had a friend Noctis for Warp Break. When CoD didn't need to cast Omniveil I just used Barrage or Call of the Void depending how much MP she had left and if I thought I would need to cast another Omniveil.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- got Cupid Luna and Cupid Artemois on my first two pulls on this banner. Probably better to stop while I'm ahead?

-- I do love this exploration version of the multiple boss event. Nice lil' changeup.

-- but holy shit is ELT difficult. I've tried two teams so far:

1. Noctis / ExDeath / Chizuru / Refia / Yun / f. Noctis -- I actually got pretty far but was supplementing my team with items, which is unsustainable IMO. Chizuru kinda feels useless here. Yun's attack that lowers fire def seemed useful.

2. Noctis / ExDeath / CoD / Refia / Rain / f. Lightning -- I did surprisingly bad with this. I expected CoD's elemental buff would be more useful. Rain's debuff is useless on everything, making him kinda useless if you have Cecil.

After two ELT runs, my take is that you probably have to go with your heavy hitter squad -- 2-3 premier DPS units, a tank, and a Refia. My next run will be Noctis, ExDeath, Yun, Refia, Cecil, f. Noctis. Cecil and Refia buffing, Noctii taking turns on breaking and recovering HP/MP for the team, and Yun as an extra attacker.

Looking forward to advanced tips from the crowd. This is tough and I LOVE IT.

Pejo

Yuck. Did the Vault of lapis, pulled 3 10+1 pulls - 1 on Randi banner, 2 on Valentine day. Only got 3 gold crystals, no rainbows. Got enough Popoi for his TM though, and got 3x Cupid Luna, but no Cupid Artemos, the unit I actually wanted.

Feels bad.

Tarniel sounds like he did the exact same thing I did to beat elt.

CoD with the omniveil and barrage
Cecil with provoke and focus
Refia with her heals and embolden(I have dual cast on her)
Exdeath for damage
Luneth for damage
Friend unit for damage

Lots of MP recovery items used. And a tent at the end.

I'm going to run it again eventually to get the %15 attack but I'm waiting to hear more viable strategies from the rest of you :p

Selner

What does killing abraxas do? Did he drop something in the higher difficulties?

I killed him the the first two difficulties, but didn't get anything special. There's a exit behind him, but it doesn't seem any different than the other exits.

I did the first with my regular team, second with a friend from here doing most of the work. I squeaked by the first two bosses on the third stage, then ran with me two between my legs :).

Were those awaken mats in the chests? Didn't know what must of that was.

I killed him the the first two difficulties, but didn't get anything special. There's a exit behind him, but it doesn't seem any different than the other exits.

I did the first with my regular team, second with a friend from here doing most of the work. I squeaked by the first two bosses on the third stage, then ran with me two between my legs :).

Hidden treasure in the wall behind him

Make sure to get it in each difficulty

tariniel

Hidden treasure in the wall behind him

Make sure to get it in each difficulty

Yep, treasure #9 on this map:
https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/exvius.gamepedia.com/d/dc/Treasure_Map-The_Battlefield_of_Love.png

NomarTyme

What I learn from the trial... Exdeath is kind of dead weight against the dragon.

Also the bar spells were useful along with omi veil. And winter ward from the Christmas event is very helpful too. Wind and ice resist.

Valonquar

How I feel with my Exdeath x5 team Thursday mornings when the arena rule change removes mage nerfs:
667rGz.gif

ELT cleared. HP potted DC Refia with Soul Crown, Minerva Bustier, and Force Shield remains the MVP. I almost want to switch gears to give her Melodies of Life to make her literally eat magic.

I used Noct, Light, Greg (dead weight), Luneth, Refia, and friend CoD. Obviously this favors a DPS-heavy squad. Ling and/or CoD will also prove seriously useful.

Four pulls: Rydia, Cupid Luna, Elle, Hayate. (Not going to push my luck after the last two banners.)

dubc35

Noob question about TM farming without using macros: I have Zidane and Hayate so I am going to try to get their TM's by 2025 or something.

What is the best way to farm Earth Shrine:
- Full party with them included
- 2 unit party with the two of them only
- 1 unit party with one of them, farm for ages, then swap them out

This would exclude event farming for the trust moogles from King Mog. I will go that route first...at least I think I should.

tariniel

Noob question about TM farming without using macros: I have Zidane and Hayate so I am going to try to get their TM's by 2025 or something.

What is the best way to farm Earth Shrine:
- Full party with them included
- 2 unit party with the two of them only
- 1 unit party with one of them, farm for ages, then swap them out

This would exclude event farming for the trust moogles from King Mog. I will go that route first...at least I think I should.

A full party so you can build up multiple TMs at once. Just throw in 5 units that you want TMs for.

dubc35

A full party so you can build up multiple TMs at once. Just throw in 5 units that you want TMs for.
Ok thanks. I didn't know if having more than one unit would impact the chance of getting that precious 0.1%, lol.

Edit, follow on noob question, if I get multiples of the same unit, enhance right away or build TM then enhance? Basically would a unit w/10% enhanced with another at 10% equal a 20% TM status? Or is it always just the 5% enhancing? I realize to get two of the TM rewards you need to get two units to 100%.

RedZaraki

Banned
-- got Cupid Luna and Cupid Artemois on my first two pulls on this banner. Probably better to stop while I'm ahead?

-- I do love this exploration version of the multiple boss event. Nice lil' changeup.

-- but holy shit is ELT difficult. I've tried two teams so far:

1. Noctis / ExDeath / Chizuru / Refia / Yun / f. Noctis -- I actually got pretty far but was supplementing my team with items, which is unsustainable IMO. Chizuru kinda feels useless here. Yun's attack that lowers fire def seemed useful.

2. Noctis / ExDeath / CoD / Refia / Rain / f. Lightning -- I did surprisingly bad with this. I expected CoD's elemental buff would be more useful. Rain's debuff is useless on everything, making him kinda useless if you have Cecil.

After two ELT runs, my take is that you probably have to go with your heavy hitter squad -- 2-3 premier DPS units, a tank, and a Refia. My next run will be Noctis, ExDeath, Yun, Refia, Cecil, f. Noctis. Cecil and Refia buffing, Noctii taking turns on breaking and recovering HP/MP for the team, and Yun as an extra attacker.

Looking forward to advanced tips from the crowd. This is tough and I LOVE IT.

I feel like Exdeath does not do well in this event. His output is like 60k-80k damage per turn, but he's MP intensive and squishy. I would favor your Yun instead.

tuffymon

Ok thanks. I didn't know if having more than one unit would impact the chance of getting that precious 0.1%, lol.

Edit, follow on noob question, if I get multiples of the same unit, enhance right away or build TM then enhance? Basically would a unit w/10% enhanced with another at 10% equal a 20% TM status? Or is it always just the 5% enhancing? I realize to get two of the TM rewards you need to get two units to 100%.

If you had multiple copies of a unit, you'd get the Tm that they've obtained +5% bonus for same type. Just note that units that hit 100% do not give 5% into the next unit.

dubc35

If you had multiple copies of a unit, you'd get the Tm that they've obtained +5% bonus for same type. Just note that units that hit 100% do not give 5% into the next unit.
Crap, was worried about that. I have been immediately enhancing them (other units besides Zidane and Hayate). I guess I should farm them prior to enhancing.

tuffymon

Crap, was worried about that. I have been immediately enhancing them (other units besides Zidane and Hayate). I guess I should farm them prior to enhancing.

I wouldn't sweat it, you don't want multiples of everything anyhow, and some you just want to let it build up with the random pulls etc. Depends on what it is, by all means list whatever you want to know, someone will (most likely) answer it. During a fast response setting, some things do slip through.

Muku

ELT is far too much trouble. Guess I'll be passing on the ATK and Trust Moogle. (Only 5% anyway for the bs you put into it.)

I feel like Exdeath does not do well in this event. His output is like 60k-80k damage per turn, but he's MP intensive and squishy. I would favor your Yun instead.

Yun isnt great either since fire is heavily resisted by most of the bosses..

actually most elements are resisted except for holy and dark

Here are some tips

I failed this several times. I honed my strat but i still scraped by

ELT is clearly built to challenge and force checks on your team

Honestly outside of the dragon at the end most of the bosses are built to wreck you if you can close the fight in 2-3 turns

With the right prep you COULD last long enough but the longer the fights go the more resources you invest and the less prepared you are for the final required encounter

You need to kind of build a min/max dps team that can hit hard and fast with the right bonuses and if you can element chain strikes from either Dark or Light attacks? Even better

Just cleared elite, my group:

CoD- Omviveil, barrage, comeback as needed
Refia- Embolden, Dualcast Heals+, ensuna/stona as needed
Cecil- Focus, Provoke and curaga as needed
Exdeath-Meteor and Osmose as needed
Noctics-Warp Break and Point-Warp as needed
Friend Noctis (~850 attack)-Thunder flask, Warp Break and Point-Warp as needed

Was really stingy with items on my run, so ended up using 4 elixirs plus a tent by the end of my run (forgot to bring ethers!). Each fight mostly played out the same, with CoD using omni, Refia embolden, etc. For Cecil, ended up switching focus for provoke on later fights. Used his LB for the last boss right at the start. Exdeath would would Meteor+Osmose when low mana. For Noctis would toggle who uses point-warp, so usually only one at a time unless the boss happened to be really low.

I feel like Exdeath does not do well in this event. His output is like 60k-80k damage per turn, but he's MP intensive and squishy.

Yep, was my experience too. Only one to die during my run.

Exdeath can only really put out around 20-25k damage per meteor which isnt bad but the mana cost catches up to fast

He cant really do much else unless you plan on using Wicked Light in a chain

He just doenst bring enough for the team and the only boss with low SPR is the bug

RedZaraki

Banned
My team for ELT event was:

Luneth (Diabolos)
Cecil (Golem)
Lightning (Ifrit)
CoD (Ramuh)
Refia (Carbuncle)
Friend Noctis like 800 ATK

The hardest fight is the last boss.

Keys to Victory:

1. Save your tent until right before the last boss. Use chocolates, Turbo Ethers, Remedies and X-Potions + Magic out of combat to stay healthy until then.

2. Use CoD for Elemental Resist for the Arachne looking enemy and the next-to-last boss, and maybe others too.

3. For final boss fight, have people guard the turn he dips below 50% health, because he has a strong attack that turn.

4. After that kill the thing ASAP. Don't bother reviving non-DPS units, just kill the thing.

Beat it with Cecil + Refia and Friend Noctis barely left standing. My Refia did not have dual cast.

xehanort

I Started playing jp, rerolled till I got cloud. I have some questions, what is the pink level bar with the moogle? Seems like I started receiving bonus gold and exp when I hit level 1. How do I level uo this? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom