• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseybrose

Unfortunately the computer I have that could run nox is a mac and it can't run it properly. I can't access the settings, which means I can't root the device to allow HiroMacro to work. I was using a keyboard recorder that worked pretty well, but then it prompted me to buy it via paypal or I couldn't use it. I tried some other options without any luck. I might try to get FRep to work on my phone, but otherwise I'm out of luck.

I was in the middle of working on BM, Saku x2, Black Cowl x2. After that I was going to clear up a few that I have multiples that I can fuse together

I was planning on picking up a new surface pro when they announce them, so I'll figure it out until then

Ah that sucks.

I assume you tried Memu? Thats what I use, but Im on Windows.

Prototype

I asked on Reddit, butnit got burried in the daily help thread.

What's a good plan of action for a new player?
I'm just about to get Golem in the story but with all the events going in I've been awakening my characters and leveling them up. How important is finishing the story content? Is there anything I should tackle (or prepare to tackle) that veterans here would recommended? Or mistakes to avoid as a new player unique to this game?

I'm ok/used to the long grind and planning things out is half the fun, coming from Futute Fight where I have almost everyone at T2 so I'm definitely used to waiting for long terms goals. Like should I farm TMs now, or hurry and get my characters like Noctis to max stars/level?

Any kind of road map would be much appreciated.

Broseybrose

I asked on Reddit, butnit got burried in the daily help thread.

What's a good plan of action for a new player?
I'm just about to get Golem in the story but with all the events going in I've been awakening my characters and leveling them up. How important is finishing the story content? Is there anything I should tackle (or prepare to tackle) that veterans here would recommended? Or mistakes to avoid as a new player unique to this game?

I'm ok/used to the long grind and planning things out is half the fun, coming from Futute Fight where I have almost everyone at T2 so I'm definitely used to waiting for long terms goals. Like should I farm TMs now, or hurry and get my characters like Noctis to max stars/level?

Any kind of road map would be much appreciated.

I present to you the Exvius GAF Playbook. This should answer any conceivable question you may have.

Note that there are many sections to the Playbook, accessed by the tabs at the bottom!

Ken

06pnE8Q.png

phew

back to SoM farming

Celegus

Waiting to try Elite until Miyuki (98%) and Yun (97%) are done. Team will probably be Cecil, Refia, Noctis, Yun, Ling + friend Noctis.

Also my favorite part about Yun is you don't have to scroll down to get his good skill in arena.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Never circled back, but everyone is right. This event is built to prove out the entire point of having a diverse squad. BUFFS N' ELEMENTALS, BOYS!

With that in mind ELT was honestly almost easy for me with this squad:

[ ] Noctis - warp break / cover
[ ] Yun -- straight attacking and actually really damn effective?
[ ] CoD -- Omniveil / barrage
[ ] Refia -- Embolden / 2x curaja / esuna / etc
[ ] Cecil -- Focus / straight attacking
[ ] f. Noctis (800+) - warp break / cover

Seriously I had zero problems and didn't lose one unit throughout. Used one tent before the last fight. You have to understand the months of pulling every one of those units and getting them just so to get to this point. SOOO SATISFYING. What a damn game. Can disappoint you week after week, frustrate you to no end, and BAM here's an event that will test you to your core and what do you know, you have units A B C and X Y Z.

YOU CAN DO THIS TOO! Hell yes.

(think I'm TM farming for the next couple weeks, love y'all)

Broseybrose

Waiting to try Elite until Miyuki (98%) and Yun (97%) are done. Team will probably be Cecil, Refia, Noctis, Yun, Ling + friend Noctis.

Also my favorite part about Yun is you don't have to scroll down to get his good skill in arena.

Also waiting to try ELT until Barstonra finishes crafting... though from Panther's post it looks like Omniveil should be enough.

Ill be using CoD, Cecil, DC Refia, and Cerius, equipped with Barstonra and Baraerora. Last slot will be Exdeath or Chizuru or Ling. I might actually go with Ling for the Debuffs.

Muku

Decide to do a ticket pull... because why not.

Blue -> Gold -> Garnet

Okay, that killed any motivation of wanting to pull anything further.

EDarkness

Can some folks keep up the bonus units? I am no where even close to finishing with the Secret of Mana event. Everyone seems to be switching back to Noctis. :(

Prototype

I could use some high level friends to help beat content, if anyone has room.
My ID is : 367,125,878
I'll add GAF to my message, name is Winter.

Muku

Was going to send you a request, but says you're full. I normally run Luneth as my lead. I'm going to be keeping Primm up until end of SoM for folks to get bonus currency.

bonkeng

Yun isnt great either since fire is heavily resisted by most of the bosses..

actually most elements are resisted except for holy and dark

If you're using the fire-based Blazing Combo, then you're doing it wrong with Yun. His 10-hit Raging Bird is a lot better and also a none-elemental attack. That's how I killed Abraxas, together with 2 Noctis' Warp Break chaining at the end.

Excellent! Got both Cupid units with 6 tix!

This is how I play this game. Frugally. Which is why I never complain that Ive never pulled a base 5*. I only mention it every month or so cause its a compelling statistic.

Still got a 21k lapis reserve and 30 tix.

This is exactly how I've been playing this game. Set an amount of tickets and Lapis I'm willing to use each banner (sometimes ZERO), and just deal with what I'll get. Current resources, 50 Tix and 10k Lapis.

Never circled back, but everyone is right. This event is built to prove out the entire point of having a diverse squad. BUFFS N' ELEMENTALS, BOYS!

With that in mind ELT was honestly almost easy for me with this squad:

[ ] Noctis - warp break / cover
[ ] Yun -- straight attacking and actually really damn effective?
[ ] CoD -- Omniveil / barrage
[ ] Refia -- Embolden / 2x curaja / esuna / etc
[ ] Cecil -- Focus / straight attacking
[ ] f. Noctis (800+) - warp break / cover

Seriously I had zero problems and didn't lose one unit throughout. Used one tent before the last fight. You have to understand the months of pulling every one of those units and getting them just so to get to this point. SOOO SATISFYING. What a damn game. Can disappoint you week after week, frustrate you to no end, and BAM here's an event that will test you to your core and what do you know, you have units A B C and X Y Z.

YOU CAN DO THIS TOO! Hell yes.

(think I'm TM farming for the next couple weeks, love y'all)

Wow, we almost have the same team. Except I used Greg instead of CoD. CoD is probably more helpful but I'm lazy and didn't want to change equipments again.

It was a breeze.

Muku

Used a few tickets on alt.

- Ludmille (first there so that's cool)
- Leo
- Mustadio
- Celes
- Cupid Luna (New)

Well, that's cool. I guess I at least got a banner unit.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
^^agreed bonkeng. Only way to go at a ~mostly F2P type. The question comes in when you get these good bundles where you exchange lapis for tickets. I think I'm gonna do those instead of dailies and use the tickets for the banner while using the nrg for TM'ing.

Prototype

OK, deleted more requests and randos
Maybe it takes a bit to update on their end?
I'll post again tomorrow sometime.

Edit: seems to be working now, have added a couple of you.

Also, does Rosa... suck?
Seems like she's never mentioned in team builds, but other white mages are. I have Roselia too but haven't been building her up. Is she better than Rosa? Thinking a little course corrrection is in order just based on the lack of mentions of Rosa as a white mage.

Broseybrose

OK, deleted more requests and randos
Maybe it takes a bit to update on their end?
I'll post again tomorrow sometime.

Edit: seems to be working now, have added a couple of you.

Also, does Rosa... suck?
Seems like she's never mentioned in team builds, but other white mages are. I have Roselia too but haven't been building her up. Is she better than Rosa? Thinking a little course corrrection is in order just based on the lack of mentions of Rosa as a white mage.

I had Roselia so I leveled her to 5*max at the time. Back then I had a Lenna too though. Then I got Rosa more recently and got her to 4*max.

Really I would be pulling for Refia or at least Lenna. Lenna gets you through early game but Refia will get you through anything (especially with Dualcast TM equipped).

Prototype

I had Roselia so I leveled her to 5*max at the time. Back then I had a Lenna too though. Then I got Rosa more recently and got her to 4*max.

Really I would be pulling for Refia or at least Lenna. Lenna gets you through early game but Refia will get you through anything (especially with Dualcast TM equipped).
Ya I see Refia come up a lot. Will have to put her on the list to keep an eye out for

Edit. I'm thinking to farm cactuars this weekend, then go back to candy farming for scared crystals to awaken Cecil among others, then continue with the story. Not sure if buying the sacred crystals is worth it, but I've had terrible luck with them dropping and 150 candy per, isn't too bad taking NRG costs into account for a guaranteed Crystal.

Rixa

My first ELT, lets do this. I wan't "some" challenge so I go blindly in. Plan is to brute force and die :D

Cecil DualCast 5.3k HP 500 DEF
Noctis 5.1k HP, ATK 760 Mag 318
Gilgy 5960 HP, ATK 859
Refia DualCast 4130 HP, 374 SPR
-> Abilities for Refia: DualCast, Camouflage, Melody of Life, Guardian's Authority
Friend Noctis 893 ATK, 408 MAG, 6461 HP

Lastly Wild Card Ace:

Screenshot_20170211-105322.png

Its going to be fun. Went in and forgot to equip Tent, instead I have 5 Void Vessel's :p

Edit: Eeh I completely forgot how handy Wild Card is, I knew & remembered that it does twice the damage with Dual Wield. But the "Dodge 2 hits" I forgot. Fucking awesome skill.

Screenshot_20170211-113543.png
Screenshot_20170211-113552.png

Dragon was smart enough for trying to hit Ace. Nice to see those "Miss" texts. Fun event, I liked the fact that there was no random encounters. Grabbed that hidden chest / item at every difficulty, not sure if there was more those hiddens than one per diff.

tuffymon

Hmmm, it's showing me at 17/25 o_O

Very weird, I though everyone started with 30 friend slots? Course... it's been a long time since actually being at that point...

Early on you can get by with anyone that has cura... more so if you have 2 units (early on I had Clyne and Terra), eventually you'll get established and want at least Lenna, and ideally either Refia or Tilith.

I'd recommend pushing through as much content as possible to obtain all that sweet lapis from every stage, not to mention some gear from explorations and even the occasional town purchase. Try to clear whatever challenges you can, you can always go back later. Do note, some of the challenges are very specific, and some broad... deal water damage isn't the same as cast water. The first you can use any source of damage that deals water (even throwing items), the second only the spell water~

Prototype

Very weird, I though everyone started with 30 friend slots? Course... it's been a long time since actually being at that point...

Early on you can get by with anyone that has cura... more so if you have 2 units (early on I had Clyne and Terra), eventually you'll get established and want at least Lenna, and ideally either Refia or Tilith.

I'd recommend pushing through as much content as possible to obtain all that sweet lapis from every stage, not to mention some gear from explorations and even the occasional town purchase. Try to clear whatever challenges you can, you can always go back later. Do note, some of the challenges are very specific, and some broad... deal water damage isn't the same as cast water. The first you can use any source of damage that deals water (even throwing items), the second only the spell water~

Well I have 4* Rosa whose been my main healer, but like I said above, never see her mentioned in teams. I have a 3* Roselia so I may work on building her up too.

I pulled another Bartz with the ticket from the valentines box.
His TM is good, is it worth having two (eventually) or fusing them together to get a single Doublehand sooner?

Rixa

Yeah, tossed fr. Had to kick one Gafer away (sorry Chilly).

Hmmm, it's showing me at 17/25 o_O

Very weird, I though everyone started with 30 friend slots? Course.

At rank 20 you have max friends you can get by leveling and the limit is 30. You can buy 100 friendslots with Lapis (5 slots = 100 Lapis) thus max you can have friends is 130.

Valentus

okay, finally came to abraxas. His double swallow attack totally obliterates me.

I dont know how to counter this. it insta-ko 2 of my units and puts me in a unit/buff disadvantage.

I may put ling in this for the mass revive, but for who. maybe i should sacrifice rain and only buff with embolden, losing the +40% MAG/SPR

Damn, this trial is really challenging me. Maybe this is the first time you cant beat content without a base 5star?

Xion86

Keep at it Valentus ;)

I'm back to TM farming now. Well done to those that have finished ELT so far, and those that haven't, keep trying and posting here with how it went!

Daily....3 star Shadow. Made me smile as it's been a while :)

Used two tickets:
GOLD...Terra
GOLD...Cupid Artemios

Just bought that 250 lapis Valentines gift too. I thought of it as an extra daily pull.

bonkeng

okay, finally came to abraxas. His double swallow attack totally obliterates me.

I dont know how to counter this. it insta-ko 2 of my units and puts me in a unit/buff disadvantage.

I may put ling in this for the mass revive, but for who. maybe i should sacrifice rain and only buff with embolden, losing the +40% MAG/SPR

Damn, this trial is really challenging me. Maybe this is the first time you cant beat content without a base 5star?

What's your team set up again? And your personal rule is just no base 5* right?

Anyway, the harder it is, the more satisfying it will be when you finally conquers it.

it one of those events that just.. brute force is required

Which is why f2play is going to have the hardest time

you need good units with good nukes to punch through the thick skin of these bosses

Valentus

What's your team set up again? And your personal rule is just no base 5* right?

Anyway, the harder it is, the more satisfying it will be when you finally conquers it.

im using now:

Refia
Tilith
Rain
Rosa
Exdeath
Friend Exdeath

No base 5star and no tm, and no friend 5star

Maybe i should try replacing Rosa for Ling and replenish mp with lings ability (so inneficient...)

I dont think i should face all the bosses too. Now when i faces abraxas i skipped fake doublicorn. I defeated all the others yes.

I should try that, i have still i few idead until i dry out.

it one of those events that just.. brute force is required

Which is why f2play is going to have the hardest time

you need good units with good nukes to punch through the thick skin of these bosses

With double-double (lol) meteor i do 100k damage per turn. I usually kill all the bosses in 5-6 turns.

Abraxas has 1 million hp, so i need 10 turns to kill him. In the 4 turn he did swallow and brake all my pacing and strategy.

and when i tried to recover, he used rampage. RIP.

im using now:

Refia
Tilith
Rain
Rosa
Exdeath
Friend Exdeath

Maybe i should try replacing Rosa for Ling and replenish mp with lings ability (so inneficient...)

I dont think i should face all the bosses too. Now when i faces abraxas i skipped fake doublicorn. I defeated all the others yes.

you are way to light on DPS

you must be pushing 5 turns on bosses with that setup

Valentus

CoD, Chizuru, even mercedes with the fat axe does 20-30k damage each per turn. Also, most of bosses (except the last 2) can be SPR/breaked, so my exdeaths do more damage. I think magic damage is more efficient here.

CoD, Chizuru, even mercedes with the fat axe does 20-30k damage each per turn. Also, most of bosses (except the last 2) can be SPR/breaked, so my exdeaths do more damage. I think magic damage is more efficient here.

yeah i suppose given your rule restrictions thats the case

Shame there arent more f2play mages with chainable holy/dark spells

only ones i can think of are Exdeath and Primm

Kouriozan

Security PSA : I used my mother's Amazon account to download the Amazon version of Brave Exvius on MEmu with the Amazon Underground app and someone pirated it this morning to buy some stuff in Zynga Poker.
Of course she never used the Amazon app store or something, so be careful with those fishy emulators from China.

Rixa

Are Cecil & Snow poor choices in this event. Could you slap Cura to Cecil (Can Snow equip Cura?)

bonkeng

im using now:

Refia
Tilith
Rain
Rosa
Exdeath
Friend Exdeath

With double-double (lol) meteor i do 100k damage per turn. I usually kill all the bosses in 5-6 turns.

Abraxas has 1 million hp, so i need 10 turns to kill him. In the 4 turn he did swallow and brake all my pacing and strategy.

and when i tried to recover, he used rampage. RIP.

Ok, so basically Rain is in your party for Leadership buffs? Why not use Cecil instead? Build his LB up before fighting Abraxas, then use his LB on the first turn. After 3 turns if you need those buffs, you can use Refia's Embolden together with Cecil's Focus.

Also, why is Rosa in your party? Any vital role she's covering? Or just another healer? If just to heal, Cecil could cover as the secondary healer too.

You're only damage dealer is the double double Meteor?

Come on GAF, let's help Valentus brainstorm this.

Can some folks keep up the bonus units? I am no where even close to finishing with the Secret of Mana event. Everyone seems to be switching back to Noctis. :(

I'm still sharing my Primm. I almost have her to level 100 actually and will keep running the Dunes to get her there this weekend.

Is everyone grabbing the Valentine's 250 lapis for a ticket + 40 nrg deal? That's a pretty great exchange tbh.

I am going to buy this each day it's available instead of pulling on this banner. It math serves me right, this should leave me at 17 tickets and enough time leftover to get my lapis back to 5,000 for the next banner/unit I want to chase.

creid

I had a relatively easy time with ELT Abraxas last night, using Marie's element buffs, ~660ATK Chizuru, and a ~880ATK f. Noctis. I'm going to share her for a few days so people can try her out. I already have many of you on my friend list, but I just freed up about 10 spots if anyone wants to add:

Lyrian

Credit: Nazta, as usual.

Not-2-headed-dragon's AI (important parts by me in BOLD and UNDERLINED):

Skillset

Double Break Breath:
Magic AoE 210% Fire & Ice Element, -50% ATK/DEF for three turns

Headrush:
Phys ST 230%, 50% chance to Paralyze

Sinister Headbutt:
Phys Dark ST 230%, 80% chance to Disease

Release:
Magic AoE 400%, 100% Blind+Silence

Aurora Bite:
Phys Light ST 260%, -50% MAG/SPR debuff for three turns + 30% chance to Blind, 50% chance to Paralyze

Dragon Voice:
AoE -40% FullBreak

Swallow:
ST Insta Kill

AI

If you LB -> Dragon Voice (AoE -40% FullBreak)
If you Esper (And didn't LB) -> Dragon Voice (AoE -40% FullBreak)

Every Three turns -> If used Magic Attack -> Swallow x2 (ST Insta Kill)
Every Four turns -> Swallow (ST Insta Kill)

Thresholds

HP<70%/50%/30% (Once)
Double Break Breath + Sinister Headbutt + End Turn
Next Turn: Release/End Turn

RNG

30% Chance to Headrush
30% Chance to Aurora Bite
30% Chance to Double Break Breath

Normal Attacks

-----------------

It's impossible to avoid eating an AOE full break on the dragon.

Limits + Espers = automatic full break, and the dragon does it automatically at the three thresholds.

Magic is okay, but you have to count the turns to avoid Swallow. I don't remember that ever occuring on my ELT run last night, so it is likely that triggering thresholds will avoid the guaranteed Swallow every few turns.

Still, I don't think there's a convenient way yet to dispel the debuffs available. Sinister Headbutt is Dark (could have sworn it was Fire, as it displays a fire attack animation), but you have Tilith for that.

Valentus

Ok, so basically Rain is in your party for Leadership buffs? Why not use Cecil instead? Build his LB up before fighting Abraxas, then use his LB on the first turn. After 3 turns if you need those buffs, you can use Refia's Embolden together with Cecil's Focus.

Also, why is Rosa in your party? Any vital role she's covering? Or just another healer? If just to heal, Cecil could cover as the secondary healer too.

Basically my strategy for the whole fight is:

The basic strategy is:

Rain: Leadership, normal attack to chain meteors
Refia: Heal, full life, emergency embolden if rain dead
Rosa: Blessing (very important because they are 7 bosses), heal, emergency esuna (as a side note, i tried Cone Fina too, with great results)
Tilith: Rainbow Veil, use her heal that also cures status.
Exdeath: Double Meteor (basically... just that xD)
Friend Exdeath (need more exdeath friends gaf!, please!)

The specific strategy so far:

Manasa: 3 chained double meteors, dead (also, before dead, i use the double osmose "trick" (or bug?) to replenish both exdeaths MP)

Huitaca: Same as manasa, nothing to see here.

Neith: Rainbow veil, leadership and bless always active. Curaja and Tilith heal to keep hp always in 100%. Kill with meteors. Too easy, moving on

(My inventory is: ether, turbo ether, mega ether, chocolate, elixir, phoenix down, unicorn horn (stone), vaccine (disease), phoenix down, tent. After the 3rd battle, my ethers and turbo ethers are gone)

Cagn: His attacks even with buffs are too much. But, that mantis doesnt do elemental damage, so what i do is using Tiliths buff (last 2 turns) and Rain use provoke. That way the mantis only focus on rain. If rain dies, doesnt matter, i can revive him when the battle is over (god bless is a exploration event). With 4 chained meteors that thing is down. Moving on)

Herne: Skipped it. Fuck the fake doublicorn (but i will feel terrible if i clear the event without killing all the bosses.... But my MP resources isnt enough for 7 High MP-consuming battles)

Limnad: The big problem of this motherfucker: Osmose. Every 2-3 turn she does osmose on a random enemy. I tried to cast carbuncle to reflect the first osmose at least, but the fucker always cast a spell (waterga or aeroga) before osmose, and that spell breaks the reflect. Anyway, the first turn i do:

Leadership
Rainbow Veil
Bless
Double Meteor
normal attack with refia

The second turn (the osmose turn) i call provoke with rain, so try to focus on limnad osmosing Rain, but then tilith will have to do rainbow veil and buffs... anyway, all my chocolate is gone in this battle, but i managed to win.

Theres only the elixirs and the mega ethers left... before the final battle i use the tent for full heal:

Abraxas: I can endure the damage, the swallow skill (2 units dead) is the one that is fatal to me. And thats it, i can analyse much more this battle because i dont last long after the 2 insta deaths.

Tilith, Refia and Exdeath are off the discussion for replace. I need those 3 100%

What choices i have in mind to replace:

Ling
Cone Fina
Luka
Cerius (maybe a good replace for tilith? But tilith's heal cure status, and this trial is status-ailment heavy, so i dont know...)
Cecil

Also, the only equip that prevents insta death are the Angel Earrings (Freya TM) so thats not an option too.

I feel im so close, and only 1 skill is preventing me to make the miracle again.

Edit: Lyrian, i love you. That will help me in my analysis!

Nikokuno

I don't have Gigantuars left, I need to level up my Cecil 66, what's the best way?

Also for you ELT guys, without Cerius (never pulled) and Call of Duty (5* only), any team recommandations? Because seems like this event is a real trial.

Made some pull to get maybe Cupid Arthemios :
3* Firion
4* Zidane
3* Trey
4* Penelo
4* Hope
3* Medius
4* Arthemios (&#128529;)
4* COD
3* Maria (one letter close)
3* Cupid Luna
3* Trey
3* Ignis

Royce McCutcheon

I actually thought he was a two headed clone so I auto attacked the whole way through, Used Yun, Greg, Cecil, Refia, Noctis, COD. Yun hits very very hard, winters ward was the MVP.

Valentus

Herne is easier than Cagn

Why? Beast killer stacking is easier to achieve and he has less def and HP overall than Cagn

Cagn is a damn brick wall and bug killer stacks are tougher to obtain

Stack beast on your best ifrit user and go to town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom