• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

Valentus

Herne is easier than Cagn

Why? Beast killer stacking is easier to achieve and he has less def and HP overall than Cagn

Cagn is a damn brick wall and bug killer stacks are tougher to obtain

Stack beast on your best ifrit user and go to town

i dont use phys units, they do little damage. And Herne just beats the crap out of me. Cagn can be controlled better.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
okay, finally came to abraxas. His double swallow attack totally obliterates me.

I dont know how to counter this. it insta-ko 2 of my units and puts me in a unit/buff disadvantage.

I may put ling in this for the mass revive, but for who. maybe i should sacrifice rain and only buff with embolden, losing the +40% MAG/SPR

Damn, this trial is really challenging me. Maybe this is the first time you cant beat content without a base 5star?

I would say it could be the first without a TM, but I don't think a 5* is needed.

I would also argue, even without TM farming, most players probably managed to get 3 or 4 TMs by now. So I think using DC and DW is in order.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Everyone and their mother can build TM roided team from base 3* & 4* units. But try to clear event without TM stuff.

I'm saying use one or two, to fill in some gaps. TMs have become a lot more normalized, where I don't think it is expected not to have one now after about 10 Mog King Events, Monthly Rewards, etc, etc.

You're more likely to have DC than a 5*

evangd007

I don't know if this would break your rules Valentus, but have you considered using Ethers/Chocolates in between battles to restore MP rather than using a character? The event gives you 15 chocolate on the other difficulties of the event.

What about using Luka in place of Refia? Luka's buff is DEF/SPR rather than ATK/DEF and your team doesn't really benefit from the ATK. Luka's main heal also has AOE Esuna attached to it like Tilith.

Spitballing this team:
Luka - DEF/SPR, Heal/Esuna, Res
Tilith - All resist, Heal/Esuna, Celestial Light (faux Leadership, forgot she had this)
Ling - AOE Res, Mana regen
*flex slot* (Tank maybe? Cecil or Snow?)
Exdeath
Friend Exdeath

Syntsui

Using a friend 5* is even easier than having a TM, just use one from now on. I understand the point of the challenge, but it's just too out of reality to imagine new players not abusing their friends units.

Valentus

I don't know if this would break your rules Valentus, but have you considered using Ethers/Chocolates in between battles to restore MP rather than using a character? The event gives you 15 chocolate on the other difficulties of the event.

What about using Luka in place of Refia? Luka's buff is DEF/SPR rather than ATK/DEF and your team doesn't really benefit from the ATK. Luka's main heal also has AOE Esuna attached to it like Tilith.

Spitballing this team:
Luka - DEF/SPR, Heal/Esuna, Res
Tilith - All resist, Heal/Esuna, Celestial Light (faux Leadership, forgot she had this)
Ling - AOE Res, Mana regen
*flex slot* (Tank maybe? Cecil or Snow?)
Exdeath
Friend Exdeath

Actually, im doing that, refilling MP after battles, and that way, for the final battle, i have 5 elixirs and 5 mega ethers.

Im thinking about luka, the only thing that makes me not sure about it is that i found full raise very useful. I think i can replace rosa for Luka and see how did i do without mana regen in battle.

Using a friend 5* is even easier than having a TM, just use one from now on. I understand the point of the challenge, but it's just too out of reality to imagine new players not abusing their friends units.

Actually, i beat the trial yesterday with my 5 battleships and no friend xD, took me 15 minutes with 2 noctis, refia, gilgamesh and 10k hp cecil xD, so im doing it because, if we cant beat this trial without power fuckery, then its a deal that gilgamesh trial (that should come next week or the week after that maximun) will be impossible in the F2P way.

H3xum

Beat Elite without any 5*s but with modest TMs (besides friends)

Bartz 6* (Excalibur and DH)
Cecil 6*
Refia 6* (dual magic)
CoD 6* (DW)
Chiz 6* (DW, sakafubuki, PoC, BM)
Zera's Prince.

Did it with relative ease. Always Omni viel, always embolden, always provoke, always link, always glint, always wind slash

Xion86

Got my first Growth Egg! :D

wvxBWasl.png

Here's my new TM team:

2tnfT3yl.png

One more Growth Egg, my only Karl and I'll replace a Medius with a second Zidane for a second Dual Wield (fusing both together).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thinking about it, I do like the idea of a VIP system + Ex System a lot.

Someone posted Gumi's other game for a VIP system and I liked.
You know, it could be 15 ranks too and something like a 15-20k dollar cap. Level 1 is simply 1$ spent, level 2 is 50$, level 3 is 100$, level 4 is 250$, level 5 is 500, level 6 is 1000, level 7 is 2k... etc.

And each level begins offers bonuses for everything. Like Rank one.
- Reduces energy recharge time by 6 seconds, increase Rainbow appearance to 1.1%, Yellow to 20%, TM rate increase to 11% chance to increase, Exp gain is now 10% greater, increase chance at level mats, etc.

The first rank should really be solid to get people to start biting.

Rank 2 may give a greater chance Great and Amazing power ups, increase TM chance to 12%, etc.

Rank 15 of course would be something like a 2-2.5% chance for Rainbow Crystals, 25% for Yellow, free month pack of 4* tickets, 25% chance for TM increase, 4 minute energy recharge. Massive chance for Great/Amazing gains, Perm 2x Exp, reduced item costs for evolving units, etc.

Add it on to the Ex System for continual slew of rewards.

As I said before, the issue with the game is there is little reward for the whales and people who want to spent. In comparison to PAD, FE, and others I've tried. The game is great for F2P. It's not time intensive, the curve is pretty nice, etc.

But I think giving people more of a reason to spend... you know... would get more people to spend. The rank system should be used mainly to increase QoL. More energy, easier TM, better rates, less items, etc. Set the cap pretty high, but it would give something that could convince someone to spend that 50-100$ more. While making Whales want to stick with the game since they've invested so much anyways.

Rixa

Thinking about it, I do like the idea of a VIP system + Ex System a lot.

Someone posted Gumi's other game for a VIP system and I liked.

As I said before, the issue with the game is there is little reward for the whales and people who want to spent. In comparison to PAD, FE, and others I've tried. The game is great for F2P. It's not time intensive, the curve is pretty nice, etc.

But I think giving people more of a reason to spend... you know... would get more people to spend.

Yup, I did, here is the post and the table from GCC (R.I.P.).

I agree totally with your post. Nice game for F2P but they could make it even nicer for the people who have / will spend money. In my post there is a link to that table and if you look the chart, its not huge amounts of money to get some benefits. So even little fishes could benefit from VIP system.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yup, I did, here is the post and the table from GCC (R.I.P.).

I agree totally with your post. Nice game for F2P but they could make it even nicer for the people who have / will spend money. In my post there is a link to that table and if you look the chart, its not huge amounts of money to get some benefits. So even little fishes could benefit from VIP system.

I said it before too, a small once a month package that offers a great deal would be another way to entice. Combine everything and I think you can convert a lot of players. You know.

A great once a month deal.

Which will also net you additional rewards

Which also will continually push you closer to additional QoL improvements.

I really do imagine the top ranks would be well in the 10k spent, so only Whales will get those. But if 1k netted me 18-24Seconds, 1.3-1.4% increase in Rainbow, 21% Yellow, etc. With some nice other benefits, a pass or two through the Ex system, and all through getting great deals. I think it would be good.

tuffymon

I'd like to see a smaller 1x packages a month, even if it was something like the starter pack... what was it... something like 2 tickets + 1000 lapis for 3.99? Not so much to hurt a wallet, but enough that you got or felt it was worthwhile.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'd like to see a smaller 1x packages a month, even if it was something like the starter pack... what was it... something like 2 tickets + 1000 lapis for 3.99? Not so much to hurt a wallet, but enough that you got or felt it was worthwhile.
Stuff like

1. 10$, 10+1 pull
2. 10 tickets + 1000 Lapis, 15$
3. 3000 Lapis, 10 6* Mats, 40 Cacturs, 4* ticket, 15$

etc. Something that isn't game changing at all, But a nice gift basically.

Rixa

Yup pay 9.99€ and get 80 Lapis per day for the 30 days or something similar.

Ace <3
Jackpot shot & Wild Card (Dual Wielded)

Screenshot_20170211-201307.png
Screenshot_20170211-201330.png

Rixa

wow! thats why you had ACE as leader. :) Is that on ELT?

Was wondering why you had him as leader :) that's cool, something different to the usual Exdeath.

Yes, that is ELT.

Ace can either Jacpot Shot Blob or if LB is not ready use Wild Card.
My Ace can't solo ELT but Wild Card costs 26 MP and does ~162k damage to every boss in ELT so it will help alot to clear it. Also Jackpot Shot does +200k to every boss there.

Ace needs TM's to work, but after it has those its really fun to use.

Yes, that is ELT.

Ace can either Jacpot Shot Blob or if LB is not ready use Wild Card.
My Ace can't solo ELT but Wild Card costs 26 MP and does ~162k damage to every boss in ELT so it will help alot to clear it. Also Jackpot Shot does +200k to every boss there.

Ace needs TM's to work, but after it has those its really fun to use.
cool. will use him on Pro, like running an entire team of bonus units with the OP friend unit.

Shouta

I would say it could be the first without a TM, but I don't think a 5* is needed.

I would also argue, even without TM farming, most players probably managed to get 3 or 4 TMs by now. So I think using DC and DW is in order.

Yeah, I agree with shintoki here. At this point, anyone that's been around for a bit will have Dual-Wield through Trust Moogles. There's no reason to go No TM now.

Maybe it's time to use a limited number of TMs?

Valentus

Yeah, I agree with shintoki here. At this point, anyone that's been around for a bit will have Dual-Wield through Trust Moogles. There's no reason to go No TM now.

Maybe it's time to use a limited number of TMs?

i will try a last stand, a totally different party

Tilith
Luka
Cone Fina
Bartz
2 x Exdeath

Wish me luck guys.

Pachimari

I hope some of you will still keep your Exdeath units around. I'm so close to getting my Luneth to lvl 100. Probably just need around 20 more metal gigantuars from the SoM PRO event.

Lyrian

I hope some of you will still keep your Exdeath units around. I'm so close to getting my Luneth to lvl 100. Probably just need around 20 more metal gigantuars from the SoM PRO event.

I'll leave mine up for a bit longer. 20 more giganataurs on pro won't take long at all to achieve.

But, yeah, there's been definitely a significant drop in Randis over the last day or so. Should finish the event tonight, which is good because candy production efficiency is significantly dropping at an alarming rate.

Valentus

Well... its done.

I had to use ONE TM.... just one... Dualcast.

The fight was walk in the park. Refia with dualcast is a beast in a whole different level.

No Base 5 star, no OP friend... No T.... 1 TM :/

I dont feel succesful at all.

Well... its done.

The fight was walk in the park. Refia with dualcast is a beast in a whole different level.

i think at this point we need to think of base 3 star TMs as attainable and almost required for high end content

Still i have to imagine there is a WAY to do true f2play newbie builds

for long time F2players though i have to imagine that they have at least 1-2 base 3 tms by now

mainly those that are always recommended like dual cast and dual weild

Xion86

Well... its done.

I think that's fine! Congratulations on that victory man. I think at this point you should allow just one TM and no more ;).
(You're not going to give up are you?)

Lyrian

Still i have to imagine there is a WAY to do true f2play newbie builds

for long time F2players though i have to imagine that they have at least 1-2 base 3 tms by now

mainly those that are always recommended like dual cast and dual weild

Those are contradictory statements. F2P =/= No TMs allowed (first claim).

Via trust moogles, F2P can complete TMs and gain key abilities (second claim) to clear ELTs in the future.

So, yeah, we need to not look at F2P as no TMs allowed, because they can definitely earn them, albeit at a very limited pace.

I think at this point you should allow just one TM and no more ;).

Well, with the choice of only one TM, the choice is always obvious: Dualcast.

Dualcast has the distinct advantage of allowing two independently cast spells per turn, while Dual Wield is locked to a melee attack on the same target as the first attack. The advantage is huge.

For example, being able to Full-Raise someone and then turn around and still Curaja the entire party in the same turn on the same unit is obscenely powerful.

I have zero regrets TM moogling my one and only Ludmille. It's already paid such ridiculous dividends already that I have easily earned back all the time and energy needed to complete a Dualcast materia and then some.

NomarTyme

Well... its done.

You're really too hard on yourself.

Just got my Primm to 100 and equipped her to be on par with my Exdeath. Lower in DEF, but much higher in SPR. MAG and HP are basically the same. Not too shabby. She'll be handy to have around for sure.

Valentus

I think that's fine! Congratulations on that victory man. I think at this point you should allow just one TM and no more ;).
(You're not going to give up are you?)

at tue very least all the F2play that have been around for awhile will appreciate the work you put in

Thank you both! Of course i will not give up. The first battle (without dualcast) i take abraxas to 40% HP, but the resurrections consume me too much and i cant get the pace of the battle. Maybe if i had a tilith full potted... but i dont have HP and DEF pots :/

Those are contradictory statements. F2P =/= No TMs allowed (first claim).

Via trust moogles, F2P can complete TMs and gain key abilities (second claim) to clear ELTs in the future.

So, yeah, we need to not look at F2P as no TMs allowed, because they can definitely earn them, albeit at a very limited pace.

Well, with the choice of only one TM, the choice is always obvious: Dualcast.

Dualcast has the distinct advantage of allowing two independently cast spells per turn, while Dual Wield is locked to a melee attack on the same target as the first attack. The advantage is huge.

For example, being able to Full-Raise someone and then turn around and still Curaja the entire party in the same turn on the same unit is obscenely powerful.

I have zero regrets TM moogling my one and only Ludmille. It's already paid such ridiculous dividends already that I have easily earned back all the time and energy needed to complete a Dualcast materia and then some.

Thank you too lyrian, your info was very useful.

If we look at Rem, the reason she is above tilith is because she has dualcast. Sure, dont have Arise, but she has Life3 .

You're really too hard on yourself.

Yeah you are right, but i really wanted to clear the event drug-free, and i was so close to made it... oh well.

Thank you friends for helping me, you motivate me to keep doing this crazy stuff XD

You are all awesome.

Nikokuno

Well... its done.

Nice, I'm excited to see the video of this trials ! Great job as always!

c-murph

Black Cowl No.1 Get!!

Black Cowl No.2 of 4 ready to cook!

Maximillian Armor No.1 should be done tomorrow. Not sure what I should put into those two TM farming spots...

Hmmmm... Got Blade Mastery (7.5%), Sakurafubuki (20%), Black Cowl No.2 (0.6%)...

I could throw two Leos in for another Aegis... or Two more Vaans for another Max... or maybe two Snows and let them go all the way for two Champion belts. Maybe the Champion belts so I can fully load up one character (Lightning/Elza) with a full set of TMs. I got two more Snow so I can eventually grind out another two more Champion Belts for a Dual Wielding Kaiser Knuckle user in the future.

What's the best TM Hat for Mages? I have 5 Black Cat Lids. Was wondering if I should grind out 4-5 Cat Ears for my Mages. Cat Hat seems like the Mage equivalent of Fighter's Black Cowl.

dubc35

Black Cowl No.1 Get!!

Congrats!

I am working on my first TM's right now: Black Cowl, Sakurafubuki, and Dual Wield. Besides my Mercedes working on her Axe (~21%), Dual Wield is the furthest along at like 10.6% lol. I am grinding for the 30k trust moogle now. Thanks all for sharing your Exdeath's and SoM units!

Valentus

Well, heres the video.

Please Subscribe!

Im always trying to clear content of this game TM/base5 free, but this time, i had to get the help of ONE TM to clear content. Sadly we are reaching a point where you need or powerful base5 star units or a set of TMs.

The TM i used was dualcast on my refia. I want to clear content without it, but my units cant solve the puzzle Abraxas gives to me.

Disclaimer: Of the 7 battles of the trial, i faced 6 bosses. I skipped Herne.

The party i used this time was:

Tilith: Soul Crown - White Robe - Muscle Belt x2
HP+15% x4

Bartz: Survival Edges - Force Shield - Grand Helm - Demon Mail - Muscle Belt x2
MP+20% x3 - Mana's Protection

Exdeath: Wizard Rod - Stellar Shield - Survivor Helm - Force Armor - Earrings - Candy Basket
Destroyer's Autorithy x2 - Twinspell - HP+10%

Refia: Golden Staff - Circlet - Black Robe - Muscle Beltx2
HP+10% x2 - HP+15% - Dualcast

Luka: Rune Bell - Creepy Mask - Magi Robe - Muscle Belt x2
Guardian's Autorithy x2 - HP+10% x2

Friend was Exdeath 468 MAG (Thanks Brose!)

The explanation of the choice of units:

Tilith: Basically rainbow veil. Why i didnt use Cloud of Darkness? Because her Omniveil IS NOT ENOUGH to mitigate damage with those units and equip. Also Tilith has Goddess Miracle, that just Like CoD's comeback, it heals ailments, but tilith also cure your party.

Luka: Like tilith, its all about damage mitigation, and deep blue is more helpful than a +40% all stats skill like Rain's Leadership. Also Luka has Priestess' Miracle, that is just like Tilith's skill.

Bartz: Mana Battery. 6 Battles is too much, and unlike march of the machines (that were 9 battles) here all the battles are though, so the mana consuption is big. Bartz also can do the Tank labor very well, thanks to his good HP. His imperil also helped to damage more the bosses with holy weakness.

Exdeath: Just my other videos, the only damage dealer of my party.

Refia: Resurrection and abuse of the bartz/refia combo.

The summary of each battle:

Manasa: Nothing much trouble here. Bartz cast provoke and eat all the status ailments, and thanks to deep blue, the damage is minimal. Also thanks to tilith and luka, all ailments (except stone) can be healed. Both exdeaths throwing stones to kill her fast

Huitaca: (that was the last battle of the video LOL) just like the first battle, and Limnad can only blind (useless against a mage) so nothing much to see here.

Neith: Rainbow Veil + Deep Blue can mitigate a big chunk of damage. Like all the other battles, just have to be patient to kill the boss with meteor. Also both exdeaths must osmose to recover once full MP.

Cagn: Cagn hits hard, so Bartz must provoke to eat all the damage, but most important, not confuse other party members. Cagn hits hard but it has low HP, so with 4 double meteors can be killed fast.

Herne: Skipped
Please Subscribe!

Limnad: This one was an annoying battle. Limnad each 2-3 turns cast osmose on a party member, so bartz must do sacrifice each time this happens. Also in this battle is not a good idea to cast provoke with bartz, because the osmose could target him, and bartz without MP cant cast sacrifice. Limnad also has high HP, so this battle was very slow.

Abraxas: The Final Battle. Basically here i cant cast meteor because Abraxas will swallow 2 party members at the same time. But i can cast Wicked Light, and the good thing is that Abraxas is a little weak to holy. With deep blue and defend, both exdeaths and tilith can survive "Release" without trouble. It was a slow battle but with refia and her dualcast, i have control of the table all the time.

And there goes this event. Im a little sad because i cant clear it TM-free, but also is true that almost most and most players have at least 1-2 TMs, and the more recurrent ones are the TMs of base 3 star units, like dualcast and Dual Weild.

Next one: Gilgamesh Trial!
And Subscribe!

Xion86

That's really impressive Valentus. I was confused at first, didn't realise that was your channel haha. Going to watch the video in full when I get up, great work! Hope you get more subscribers.

Celegus

Woo Elite down! Not very difficult with my seemingly whaled out F2P party but it was fun! Not too many pressing TMs right now so I might cool it on the refills for the time being especially with the 250 bundles every day.

Broseybrose

Awesome! My Exdeath helped Valentus clear one of his insane F2P challenges! Thanks for the shoutout!

Also, reading what was giving you trouble before you beat it, I knew throwing DC on Refia would make the fight one and done.

But I didnt say anything cause I know you dont like to use TMs.

At this point though, I think DC is fair. Im essentially F2P, and DC was the 1st TM i acquired!

Good work I say!

I beat ELT on my first try with Cecil, CoD, Exdeath, DC Refia, Cerius, and friend Noctis. 3 TMs (DC, DW, Rising Sun) and Im sure I couldve done it with a friend Exdeath instead of Noctis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom