• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

-- Hippo I feel you bruh. Refresh yourself and come back when you can!

-- I purchased lapis Friday night and still don't have it despite multiple tickets. I'm pissed and this sucks.

-- I'm actually having fun with the arena?

-- I'm actually having fun with the event?

-- the esper leveling results from this event has been entirely ignored but it is huge.

-- had family in town for the weekend so i had to leave my TM farming on, so things could be worse. DualCast, DualWield, Rising Sun all at 60%. Slowly but surely. Sorry I was disconnected from the thread for the weekend but it seems like basically everyone has a lightning now (ahem) so congrats all!

Yea I made a purchase the day the Amazon store came back up, and never got the lapis, and got no response to my ticket yet either. There better be some compensation for this shit, especially if it extends through the entire Lightning banner (which it has so far).

Kouriozan

The Arena was better when everyone only had CoD and you could just raise them x)
Hope next week Dual Cast and Black Magic will finally stop being banned.

Of course when Shantotto will get her 5*, the Arena will be in easy mode.

Syntsui

I couldn't get my own macros to work until i put a 10 second pause between each click.

Anyway I'm with you, the lightning banner made me realize that I don't think I'm ever playing another gumi game. Spend $200 just to not get a unit which I wouldn't have used anyway since the best way to get stronger is *not* playing. Lol, still can't even wrap my head around the silliness of it

Did one 25 mythril (~2500 lapis) pull on a new account in FFRK and got 3 relics (5* base). Forgot what it's like to feel rewarded for spending money rather than feel punished for it
My problem with the game right now isn't even the rates. I'm blessed with them as I have a plethora of powerful unit with few pulls.

I just feel like I'm on auto-pilot for a while, I'm not really enjoying the game at the moment. PvP is a chore, leveling up is a chore, farming TM is a chore and the rare occasion they release some new challenging bosses, I kill them in one go and have nothing else to do after for at least a week.

I'll still keep playing it but as I said, I'm not really in love with it as I was before. I caught up with the content in 2 months and I feel the game doesn't have enough content to keep me hooked anymore. This is a blessing to be honest.

I'm regards to your 25 mithril pull, you were very lucky. When I did mine I only got one 5* weapon, an horrendous one.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'm not. People seem to be trying so hard this week. By the time my orbs refresh I seem to have lost so many places. Feel like I'm having to play constantly this week.

I honestly think it's all about getting up on each arena opening as quickly as possible because of how your next opponents are selected. Looking for evidence -- read a good reddit thread about it -- but can't find it atm.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yea I made a purchase the day the Amazon store came back up, and never got the lapis, and got no response to my ticket yet either. There better be some compensation for this shit, especially if it extends through the entire Lightning banner (which it has so far).

how far back was that? a week?? I'm gonna light shit on fire if I have to wait that long!

Valentus

Light currently has the Enhancer, Romandian pistol
Dark Helm
Minerva Bustier
Hero's Ring X2
ATK =10%x4

She is maxed at Pots for ATK, and sporting 584 with L30 Ifrit... so still a little room to squeeze some more

I figure I can get her into the high 600's before the Champion Belt is done, which will push her over 700. Also have a cowl to go in the TMR oven after DC is finished. But I think the return on DC is a little better at this point in time.

There is a piece of me that wants to finish off DC, so I can put the cowl in, and finish her off when the Belt is finished. Besides, my Refia is probably my best overall character right now. She looks a LOT like what you are building currently w/o the shield. She has maxed out HP pots, has more than 400 SPR, and is wearing two muscle belts for almost tank-like HP.

What I really need is to pull a Chizuru for Blade Mastery - that would push Light over 750... I pulled Miuki this weekend, so just need Chiz to complete her.

If you have your light maxed in atk pots, then go for power of creation first, then bracer, then excalibur.

Alkez

I just feel like I'm on auto-pilot for a while, I'm not really enjoying the game at the moment. PvP is a chore, leveling up is a chore, farming TM is a chore and the rare occasion they release some new challenging bosses, I kill them in one go and have nothing else to do after for at least a week.

I'll still keep playing it but as I said, I'm not really in love with it as I was before. I caught up with the content in 2 months and I feel the game doesn't have enough content to keep me hooked anymore. This is a blessing to be honest.

I can completely understand this sentiment. It's why I always look forward to a new event even though I know I'll be bored of farming it after a couple of days.

The only thing I disagree with is saying that TM farming is a chore. If we did it manually it would be, but I think it's more of a hassle than a chore, as we have to do it if we want our units to stay relevant, but we just let the macros do it for us.

I do my dailies in the morning and then set up my TM farming for the rest of the day. The way I see it is when new content comes out I'll be ready, but for now I'm not really "playing" the game. I'm just managing it so when I do want to play it/actually have something to do I'll be ready to do so.

And as you say, this is a blessing. I was playing this game way too much. Now I have time for other things, and other games, but I still am enjoying the game and don't plan on putting it down any time soon. I'm happy just letting the game play itself for a while.

Alkez

There was a discussion about favourite final fantasy osts the other day and I just wanted to throw this one in there from FFXV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XphDxFS2WWw

If there is an event in BE for the game I would like to hear their version of this song. All the BE adaptations of original FF soundtracks have been amazing so far.

Pejo

how far back was that? a week?? I'm gonna light shit on fire if I have to wait that long!

I think Friday was when the store came back up, and I tried my purchase. But remember, amazon store was not even accessible since the previous Friday, like they flat out removed it from the game.

So total, it's been 9 days that Amazon Store users haven't been able to buy lapis. And they don't even answer their support tickets, which is the shitty thing.

Zalasta

Arena is the perfect evidence you can't play this game casually. Not only in terms of units you can field, but also in gears and abilities. Right after the weekly reset is great because everybody starts fresh, so you can fight a mix of parties. But as the week goes on, you get all the whales on top, so for the middle of the pack players they can only beat on those below them and that won't gain much ranks. For me I find it enjoyable Thursday-Sunday, then it just becomes a slog after that.

I just feel like I'm on auto-pilot for a while, I'm not really enjoying the game at the moment

It's always been joked about that JRPG/MMORPG are work simulation and there is truth in that. They just keep giving you chores to play through. Repetition is the name of the game here.

Syrus

Banned
So I kicked some inactives and have 3 open slots. Currently sharing Lightning for the event but going back to my Luneth who should be at about 780 ATK by the end of the week. I won't be posting here anymore other than to throw my ID out though if that makes a difference to you.

You can still talk to us , we're a community :D buy of course :D what you need to. I've been too involved also esp when wife around lol

CCIE

Banned
I think what I will do is get Excalibur, Bracers and PoC to around 80% and use some TM Moogles to finish them. I really want to get Lightning boosted so I can take out the plant and dragon trials. Then I will add the cowl to ongoing DC, and Champion Belt, and begin farming my first MAG+30% for the next group ... In pairs they should only take a couple of weeks each.

I might be able to have my dolphin Lightning by the end of next week, just in time for X-Mas. It depends on what is announced for the next weeks event and such.

Or Valentus, do you think I should throw all the moogles into DC, finish it off, and wait another week or so for my Lightning?

CCIE

Banned
Rixa has it right... I'm tired of running into 3xLightning, or 4xLightning teams trying to keep up in the Arena. It always ends up in frustration. Better to beat up on lower ranked teams, and go on with the TM farming...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Just choose low rank opponents. Also you still get Lapis if you lose. Take it easy and be inside 90k in monthly rank.

edit!

sorry those are two different concurrent thoughts:

1. excalibur sucks against cecils which are in basically every top tier arena team

2. i bought lapis friday night and didn't get it and am pissy about it. i am getting the lapis from the arena fights fwiw.

2Headed Dragon was stupid easy....even with the Luneth I chose having an elemental weapon and Agrias being dead half the time. You don't need a full breaker, I should've picked someone else.

But yeah...Dual Cast Refia + Ethers and it's really easy.

CCIE

Banned
Is the dragon easy if I don't have DC Refia? What if I took him on with Lightning, Bartz, Cecil, Refia, and Agrias? I don't want to waste all that energy if uncertain I'm going to win

-- what's everybody using instead of excalibur in the arena, anyway?

-- kinda panicking about not getting my fucking lapis.
Event and whatever free strong weapons I got. Excalibur is still in the works and my next best in the works is Kain's spear, though that is only cause I kept getting him like there was no tomorrow.

Alkez

2. i bought lapis friday night and didn't get it and am pissy about it. i am getting the lapis from the arena fights fwiw.

I have you sent another complaint?

Syntsui had that issue with tickets and he didn't get a response until after the second complaint iirc.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Shorter: Cecil is a great meat shield and healer, but fuck this particular arena makes him so usless. He just stands there not debuffing because he has none, not status-inflicting because rules, and not attacking worth a shit because reasons

Caim

So I kicked some inactives and have 3 open slots. Currently sharing Lightning for the event but going back to my Luneth who should be at about 780 ATK by the end of the week. I won't be posting here anymore other than to throw my ID out though if that makes a difference to you.

I feel you, I think I have you and everyone else added, but you will be missed like others have stated.

I'm pretty burnt out on the game at the moment to the point that I just log in for the bonus most days.

H3xum

I wonder why they don't buff outdated units (like the upcoming FF0 units) the same way they buff trial bosses for us. Even if it is just through enhancements.

Is the dragon easy if I don't have DC Refia? What if I took him on with Lightning, Bartz, Cecil, Refia, and Agrias? I don't want to waste all that energy if uncertain I'm going to win

I just beat him today with Lightning, Cecil, CoD, Exdeath, and non-DC Refia. I brought along a Luneth friend. Honestly, I think CoD is even more important than a DC Refia because of her Comeback skill that gets rid of all status inflictions in one go.

I thought the fight was crazy easy. Between Refia and Cecil, I was at full health and buffed the entire way through, and the only reason one of my units died was because of the dragon's swallow attack which I think is insta-kill.

Just auto attack every round (no abilities/magic) until the dragon does his boost thing. Then go balls to the wall with ability attacks and magic and make sure you are buffed. I never worried at all about dying with its big "release" attack after it boosts, especially with Comeback erasing all of its status hits. Took me 4-5 rounds to kill it off. No sweat.

Oh, also remember to take off Excalibur from your Lightning if she's using it since the dragon resists holy.

Xion86

Hope you get your lapis Panther :( not had any issues with that before.

Damn lost a streak at 74, got totally owned due to the opponent getting a first go each time with a Whale team. Still keeping within 3k though. I do want the two Trust Moogles for the monthly rank though as I got them last time round! Although that's proving trickier to get within the 3k. Will just keep at a constant pace and see how it goes.

The Lightning I got from daily pull today is at 90 now! Been doing nothing but Adv Vortex all day....really need to farm those Growth Eggs at some point.

Valentus

Panther, i bought a trunk of lapis yesterday. Ia Amazon and they charged my coins but the lapis didnt Transfer to my account.

I sent all the screenshots to the in Game chat bit they hasnt responded yet. Where more i must post my complains?

Ccie, if you already have 1 dualcast i wouldnt even matter in leveling a second one, much less using moogles in this. One dualcast is more than enough.

Dont spent all your moogles in power of creation and excalibur. Use Max 2 on each one of them

tariniel

I'm hoping they discount lapis again around Christmas like they did during Black Friday. That or a good deal on iOS credit/Amazon coins.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I have you sent another complaint?

Syntsui had that issue with tickets and he didn't get a response until after the second complaint iirc.

Do you email them? I had mine the very next morning when that happened to me.

Hope you get your lapis Panther :( not had any issues with that before.

Thanks all. My process on this:

[ ] had a couple coors lights, not gonna lie about that. and i had a bunch of money coming in on my etsy shop, so i'm like fuck it let's do this.

[ ] purchased a $20 spot, which timed out after the purchase.

[ ] good, i wanted the $50 spot anyway. tried that and got the whole [purchase complete] message ... after which it immediately timed out. nothing showing in my inbox.

[ ] got the paypal receipt and immediately sent in a ticket via support.

[ ] got a message a couple hours later saying i had to wait 24 hours.

[ ] waited until the next day (saturday), sent in another ticket with the Apple receipt. no response.
[ ] waited until that night (saturday), i responded to my own ticket in that message queue. no response.
[ ] i responded again to my own message sunday morning. no response.
[ ] at 48 hours i'm pissed and sent in a brand new ticket. NO RESPONSE.

It's now been 68 hours and I haven't heard a fucking thing. I've missed out on 2 dailies and counting, not to mention whatever else my dumbass would've splurged on. I am super effing pissed. I've done everything the right way, I'm trying to support this game, I have the receipt(s). GUMI why won't you let me love you???

H3xum

[ ] had a couple coors lights, not gonna lie about that. and i had a bunch of money coming in on my etsy shop, so i'm like fuck it let's do this.

[ ] good, i wanted the $50 spot anyway. tried that and got the whole [purchase complete] message ... after which it immediately timed out. nothing showing in my inbox.

[ ] waited until the next day (saturday), sent in another ticket with the Apple receipt. no response.
[ ] waited until that night (saturday), i responded to my own ticket in that message queue. no response.

It's now been 68 hours and I haven't heard a fucking thing. I've missed out on 2 dailies and counting, not to mention whatever else my dumbass would've splurged on. I am super effing pissed. I've done everything the right way, I'm trying to support this game, I have the receipt(s). GUMI why won't you let me love you???

This is unbelievable to read. Patch maintenance extensions is one thing but to sit on their hands when it comes to real life money is terrible

Syntsui

There is a "contact us" button on the official website support page http://finalfantasyexvius.com/support/
I used this link to solve my problems. Just note that you will be dealing with some of the most stupid human beings on the planet.

They will answer your complaint with an email, but they won't understand your problem and will give a solution that has nothing to do with your problem.

You have to answer this email angrily, and explain topic by topic what happened. They will answer again, now solving the problem.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Panther, i bought a trunk of lapis yesterday. Ia Amazon and they charged my coins but the lapis didnt Transfer to my account.

I sent all the screenshots to the in Game chat bit they hasnt responded yet. Where more i must post my complains?

Ccie, if you already have 1 dualcast i wouldnt even matter in leveling a second one, much less using moogles in this. One dualcast is more than enough.

Dont spent all your moogles in power of creation and excalibur. Use Max 2 on each one of them

There is a "contact us" button on the official website support page http://finalfantasyexvius.com/support/

Yep that's what I tried as well.

The last time this happened (yes, this time out thing happened exactly like this before -- but without the receipt meaning i got charged but GUMI didn't get the return signal from Apple) I had to get Apple support involved. They were awesome but the process sucked.

Pejo

I'm on my 2nd ticket with them just now, I'll try that website some suggested as well. Still haven't even got a response from them yet, despite including screenshots of the receipts. Why even bring Amazon store back up if it was this fucking buggy.

Lyrian

I honestly think it's all about getting up on each arena opening as quickly as possible because of how your next opponents are selected. Looking for evidence -- read a good reddit thread about it -- but can't find it atm.

Your random draw of opponents is based upon your rank at the time of the draw. To get the most valuable opponents (the 1.50 whales), you have to near the front of the pack, so that the opponent rolls for those "in front of you in arena rank" are much more likely to hit the top of the leader instead of others in the pack for ~1.10 at best. In my experience, that's around top 5k or so.

Cleared without DC Refia easily. Key here, as others have mentioned is CoD's Comeback. If you are packing units with ~5k health, you can facetank its Release straight up, as long as you are packing dual Curajas (Cecil + Refia).

For bonus fun, work to clear it's 80% health threshold on exactly the 4th turn so that it triggers Boost--> Release on Turn 5. That way, you avoid the instant death. As the dragon will **always** Release after boost, you can unload abilities on the Boost turn to trigger the next health threshold (every 20%) and keep it stuck in a loop of Boost--> Release until it dies. Use Comeback after every release to clear off all the status effects on the party to further trivialize the fight.

Daily --> Ignus. Can't win them all.

It's really just a simple rinse, lather, repeat fight.

Are we expecting some kind of special new year deal or Christmas offer? Wonder if I should wait before buying stuff.

From what I've read around here and Reddit, there have been some pretty crazy deals on the JP version. Since this is the first year for Global, we don't really know what Gumi has planned for the holidays. You would think there would be some pretty good bundles, but you never know with the way Gumi rolls things out.

I have $50 on my iTunes account that I'm holding on to. It will be my first "real" purchase into the game, and I want to see what they have in store. I'm guessing they will mention what the deals are this Thursday, right?

CCIE

Banned
Valentus,

I don't have DC at ALL yet, so that is why I asked. I think I will use six of my moogles on Excalibur, PoC, and Bracer. I will save the other three for the future. Won't use any until they get to 80%. Alternatively, I could use most of them on DC for Refia, or let it continue to build in the TM farm the normal way. Would get DC around the same time as Champion Belt in probably a month or so... Like I said, will start knocking out MAG+30% after that to give some other characters a little more oomph once I have reached Dolphin status with Light.

Currently running Snow, Ludmille ( Both recently added and at less than 15%), Max, Gaf, and Cecil ( those three are around 60%)

Lyrian

@lots of posts about purchased lapis not showing up:

Umm... guys and girls... you do know that there's a giant bug in regard to buying lapis that's still not fixed yet (it's the reason for the 20 hour downtime). It's mentioned on the most current Issue Report?

And yeah, there's probably a really long line at support at the moment for people looking for lost lapis that's going to take awhile to churn through.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
@lots of posts about purchased lapis not showing up:

Umm... guys and girls... you do know that there's a giant bug in regard to buying lapis that's still not fixed yet (it's the reason for the 20 hour downtime). It's mentioned on the most current Issue Report?

And yeah, there's probably a really long line at support at the moment for people looking for lost lapis that's going to take awhile to churn through.

they said it was fixed in their report.

Xion86

Damn I forgot how good Burst Pots were! Got one after finishing one of the Arena boards, quite a boost! Using on my 4* Cecil nearly at 14/15, already had the 3* maxed. Should I also go for maxing his LB when he's at 5* or Awaken to 6 star and do both together? Hmm (I've still been avoiding using pots on him in case the stats don't carry through for some reason or I go higher than I can carry across or something).

Second Lightning at 100 too!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
F0IUgNl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom