• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentus

Heres the video

This time i managed to do it without any TM.

Im not going to bore you with previous fights, this time is only the fight with Abraxas.

The setup of this party was:

Tilith: Soul Crown - White Robe - Muscle Belt x2
HP+15% x4

Ling: Survival Edges - Circlet - Black Robe - Muscle Belt x2
HP+10% - HP+15% - MP+20% x2

White Witch Fina: Golden Staff - Green Beret - Sage's Robe - Muscle Belt x2
Mana's Protection x2 - HP+10% - MP+20%

Exdeath: Wizard Rod - Stellar Shield - Survivor Helm - Force Armor - Earrings - Candy Basket
Destroyer's Autorithy x2 - Twinspell - HP+10%

Luka: Rune Bell - Creepy Mask - Magi Robe - Muscle Belt x2
Guardian's Autorithy x2 - HP+10% x2

Friend was Exdeath 490 MAG

Enjoy!

evangd007

Finished Trials of Love elite, no TMR but I used an OP friend Noctis (thanks Kourio):

Refia
Snow
Lightning
Cerius
Mercedes
Noctis

Used 7 chocolate, 4 eye drops, 3 turbo ether, and a tent. Did left side then swung back around to the right. Herne is a lot easier than Cagn. Hell, Herne is easier than Huitaca.

I need to raise up Luka. The AOE Esuna from Priestess Miracle would have been incredibly valuable, and it's an ability so she can do it through silence too.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH

TILITH
LING
CONE FINA
LUKA
DOUBLE EXDEATH

0, ZEROOOOOO TMS THIS TIME

I DID IT.

Grats Valentus! What inspired you to drop Refia?

tuffymon

Heres the video

Enjoy!

I HEARD HIM BREATH AT THE START, HE IS HUMAN!

That was one hell of a ride from start to finish, at one point I thought the battle got away from you... I didn't understand why you had Ling use a Down near the end of the fight instead of her dance. Also, I was secretly hoping for some mad dps from Ling after 7 or 8 charge ups before she died ; ;

Overall though, that was amazing, who knew team healer would pull it off >.>;

Lyrian

Heres the video

Enjoy!

Clutch win there. You pulled out a win that you probably shouldn't have won. But, you only have to win once, and no matter how ugly the finish was, a win is a win. Well played, yet again.

The tale of the tape, as it is a 24 minute fight:

0 ~ 15:00 : Pretty normal stuff. Val is running a Ling --> WWF --> Rest of Party mana feedback loop. This double MP regeneration per round enables everyone to keep casting their very expensive spells/abilities. Note, that by using Wicked Light and Priestess/Goddess Miracle (all abilities and not spells), Val avoids the one of the Swallow penalties every third round for using attacking magic.

~15:30: Things go bad. Val is in control of the fight, but finally, bad RNG catches up to him as Ling goes down and his loop is broken.

~19:30: The Big Gamble #1: It's been four minutes and Val can't restablish control over the fight. RNG is screwing him pretty hard and at best, all he can do is to try to stay in the fight. Arbraxas is in the red, but Val can't get an opportunity to seal the deal. For every unit that gets raised, Abaraxas just keeps downing someone else. Ling's AoE Raise is avoiding the wipe for now, but the dragon just won't let him regain a foothold in the fight, highlighting the weakness of only a 30% raise, even if AoE. At this point, Val unexpectedly finds himself on the ropes. After a bad RNG round and then recovery, most units are recovered to only half life, with only his Exdeaths remaining to act the next round. He gambles on damage, instead of using healing consumables. Abraxas is moved ever-so-closer to defeat, but Val is left to pray to RNGensus to survive the next round. Val lucks out, as the dragon focuses mainly on the two Exdeaths that turn and gives him an opportunity to recover.

~23:15 The Big Gamble #2 and the Climax: Fast forward three more minutes. Val was fortunate with his first gamble, but Abaraxis screwed him over again with more bad RNG and Val quickly loses his momentary reprieve. Val has been struggling to stay in the game, but it's a losing proposition. Consumables are being burnt left and right, with the dragon showing little compassion towards giving Val even a toehold back into the fight. Val can't hold out much longer, but RNG gives him a round where both his Exdeaths are still standing. He gambles and decides to go "all in" for the kill shot..... only to leave the dragon standing with the dreaded pixel of life left and facing total despair.

But then.... something absolutely incredible happens to enable Val one final turn to seal the deal.

Wow, just wow. (Seriously, think about what actually happened on Abraxas's final turn)

Grats on the serious low probability win!

Valentus

Clutch win there. You pulled out a win that you probably shouldn't have won. But, you only have to win once, and no matter how ugly the finish was, a win is a win. Well played, yet again.

The tale of the tape, as it is a 24 minute fight:

0 ~ 15:00 : Pretty normal stuff. Val is running a Ling --> WWF --> Rest of Party mana feedback loop. This double MP regeneration per round enables everyone to keep casting their very expensive spells/abilities. Note, that by using Wicked Light and Priestess/Goddess Miracle (all abilities and not spells), Val avoids the one of the Swallow penalties every third round for using attacking magic.

~15:30: Things go bad. Val is in control of the fight, but finally, bad RNG catches up to him as Ling goes down and his loop is broken.

~19:30: The Big Gamble #1: It's been four minutes and Val can't restablish control over the fight. RNG is screwing him pretty hard and at best, all he can do is to try to stay in the fight. Arbraxas is in the red, but Val can't get an opportunity to seal the deal. For every unit that gets raised, Abaraxas just keeps downing someone else. Ling's AoE Raise is avoiding the wipe from now, but the dragon just won't let him regain a foothold in the fight, highlighting the weakness of only a 30% raise, even if AoE. At this point, Val unexpectedly finds himself on the ropes. After a bad RNG round and then recovery, most units are recovered to only half life, with only his Exdeaths remaining to act the next round. He gambles on damage, instead of using healing consumables. Abraxas is moved ever-so-closer to defeat, but Val is left to pray to RNGensus to survive the next round. Val lucks out, as the dragon focuses mainly on the two Exdeaths that turn and gives him an opportunity to recover.

~23:15 The Big Gamble #2 and the Climax: Fast forward three more minutes. Val was fortunate with his first gamble, but Abaraxis screwed him over again with more bad RNG and Val quickly loses his momentary reprieve. Val has been struggling to stay in the game, but it's a losing proposition. Consumables are being burnt left and right, with the dragon showing little compassion towards giving Val even a toehold back into the fight. Val can't hold out much longer, but RNG gives him a round where both his Exdeaths are still standing. He gambles and decides to go "all in" for the kill shot..... only to leave the dragon standing with the dreaded pixel of life left and facing total despair.

But then.... something absolutely incredible happens to enable Val one final turn to seal the deal.

Wow, just wow. (Seriously, think about what actually happened on Abraxas's final turn)

Grats on the serious low probability win!

Very good as always Lyrian. I would love doing more videos with that level of analysis xD

Note too that my gamble in that setup was putting golem on Ling (!) because her 40% evade rate, if ling activates cover, RNG would be nice with me and activate the evade while covering. With Cagn (that didnt record) worked out. With abraxas ling covered 2 times (the second one was the final one before the victory... The evade didnt activate.

mstevens

Has there ever been an instance of someone being banned for TM farming?

I've been doing it manually the past week or so and it's such slow going. The ones that haven't had moogles are still sitting at around 9-10% and at this point TMs are the only things that will make my team *that* much better. I have none right now and getting all the TMs grinded out is such a huge mountain to climb.

I wouldn't say I'm losing interest in the game, as I still play it every day, but this wall definitely isn't fun. I got lucky with my rerolls so I started off with a great team, but I realized that besides Luka I haven't replaced a single team member with a pull in the 41 days I've been playing. Sure, I've gotten lots of TM units.. but I've made 68 pulls at this point with no real upgrades, no other 5*s, and not even any of the 4* banner units besides Luka.

I've saved up around 25k Lapis and 40 tickets and I'm concerned something must-have is going to come out, I'll blow it all with nothing to show for it, and I won't want to climb that mountain again.

Also - Congrats Valentus!

udca

Yup pay 9.99€ and get 80 Lapis per day for the 30 days or something similar.

Ace <3
Jackpot shot & Wild Card (Dual Wielded)

Screenshot_20170211-201307.png
Screenshot_20170211-201330.png

Yeah Ace is the shit!

Lyrian

Very good as always Lyrian. I would love doing more videos with that level of analysis xD

Note too that my gamble in that setup was putting golem on Ling (!) because her 40% evade rate, if ling activates cover, RNG would be nice with me and activate the evade while covering. With Cagn (that didnt record) worked out. With abraxas ling covered 2 times (the second one was the final one before the victory... The evade didnt activate.

But, it did. She evaded the 1st attack of Abaraxas that round (it was only an auto attack, but there's a clear MISS on-screen at 23:30) here.

The odds of the 5% Cover from Golem triggering on the clutch round and then deciding to choose to protect an Exdeath with that Cover. That's practically rainbow crystal territory rare of an event there.

But, hey, history is written by the victors :)

Lyrian

Has there ever been an instance of someone being banned for TM farming?

I've been doing it manually the past week or so and it's such slow going. The ones that haven't had moogles are still sitting at around 9-10% and at this point TMs are the only things that will make my team *that* much better. I have none right now and getting all the TMs grinded out is such a huge mountain to climb.

I wouldn't say I'm losing interest in the game, as I still play it every day, but this wall definitely isn't fun. I got lucky with my rerolls so I started off with a great team, but I realized that besides Luka I haven't replaced a single team member with a pull in the 41 days I've been playing. Sure, I've gotten lots of TM units.. but I've made 68 pulls at this point with no real upgrades, no other 5*s, and not even any of the 4* banner units besides Luka.

I've saved up around 25k Lapis and 40 tickets and I'm concerned something must-have is going to come out, I'll blow it all with nothing to show for it, and I won't want to climb that mountain again.

Also - Congrats Valentus!

TM farming - nope. Dev's stance is that they are fine with it, as long as all you do is emulate tapping buttons on screen (which is what Andy/Switch Controls/Nox/Memu all do). There is a disclaimer that if your macro screws something up on your account, that's all on you. So, if the macro goes haywire and spends all your lapis on pulls unknown to you, that's not their problem.

My personal opinion is that TM farming is far too tedious to do by hand. Macro all the way and do something else with your time that is more constructive.

Upgrades: It's always going to be a slow and steady process. Sometimes, very slow. For a new 5* from pure RNG, you are looking at 200-300 pulls on average to get a new one (and it might very well be one you don't want or a dupe). Until the crystal change goes in, don't bank on pulling a 5* ever and be happy when you do incredibly luck out.

The nature of the game is gambling at it's heart, and there is always a chance that you will spend what you saved up for months and not get the units you want. Hell, this happened to me last week with the SoM banner, where I didn't pull Primm in almost 60 pulls. It happens and it's inevitable. Sucks when it does, but you have to be able to shrug that off and move on.

If your team can clear most content, any real upgrade is going to be minor at best. Most here will say that TMs will yield a greater value to your team than pulling an incremental upgrade via a 5* unit.

Still, it doesn't change the fact that long, dry streaks when pulling sucks total ass.

mstevens

Thank you for the response. I think your suggestion to try macroing is the right one. I still love the art style, battle mechanics, music, etc of the game, and I'd hate for TM farming to burn me out. My only concern was thinking of all the time spent with the game resulting in a ban because of it.

I play on iOS. Is there a good walkthrough on how to set up one of the macros? I don't mind setting something up on PC if I need to. Preferably, I'd like to do a macro that doesn't spend Lapis and just uses energy as it comes back.

Lyrian

Thank you for the response. I think your suggestion to try macroing is the right one. I still love the art style, battle mechanics, music, etc of the game, and I'd hate for TM farming to burn me out. My only concern was thinking of all the time spent with the game resulting in a ban because of it.

I play on iOS. Is there a good walkthrough on how to set up one of the macros? I don't mind setting something up on PC if I need to. Preferably, I'd like to do a macro that doesn't spend Lapis and just uses energy as it comes back.

PC-side: Ultimate Link here

I'm not a Mac/iOS person, so I'm not well versed on Switch Controls for iOS. I think Muku uses them? Perhaps someone else in the thread more intimately familiar with the Apple ecosystem can help out with this.

mstevens

Okay - I think I have the memu one up and running. Not quite sure how it knows when to hit things, it almost seems to do it immediately. I'm especially curious about the fact that it's hitting things instantly now, compared with when it will need to slow down once my NRG is at 0.

Interesting stuff.

edit: Wow this is so nice and fast. I'm cringing thinking about the 900+ times I've done this manually when I could have been doing this instead.

Totally fixed all of the complaints and concerns I had earlier.

tuffymon

Okay - I think I have the memu one up and running. Not quite sure how it knows when to hit things, it almost seems to do it immediately. Especially contrasting now when I have NRG to do it again immediately, compared with an hour from now when it'll have to know to wait a few minutes to recharge.

Interesting stuff.

Somewhere the person posted a video of it, its literally several points you cant normally see (one of the options on the right show it though), of 4 or 5 points on the screen that it 1 2 3 4 5 > 1 etc over and over

yep, that's it

Takuan

Seems most my friend list stopped using bonus units :(

Well, at least I have enough for 1 TM. Both may not have been feasible based on my current candy count, unless I got super lucky with rabite encounters.

So, Orlandu this week? :D

Xion86

Lyrian, your commentary is quite an exciting read too :) keep it up. Love how detailed you get. There's me just using abilities and spells I'm used to for winning battles, but so many I'd like the time to understand more and know when to use effectively. Got so many units and haven't gone in depth with studying their skills.

Oh I managed to get the 1000 items created Trophy tonight, at least that's out the way. Still got the other two to go though. Currently focusing on TM farming until the next event.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
1) Watched the new Valentus video to see what I should do with my failing team
2) Used all the energy bottles I had saved from Lunar new year
3) Ran Cactuar Dunes until I was down to 20 energy
4) Leveled Ling to 100
5) Beat ELT

:D

Appreciate the videos!

I was also so surprised to actually beat the boss that I didn't bother to turn around and do the other side...grabbed the +15% atk and ran.

Valentus

1) Watched the new Valentus video to see what I should do with my failing team
2) Used all the energy bottles I had saved from Lunar new year
3) Ran Cactuar Dunes until I was down to 20 energy
4) Leveled Ling to 100
5) Beat ELT

:D

Appreciate the videos!

I was also so surprised to actually beat the boss that I didn't bother to turn around and do the other side...grabbed the +15% atk and ran.

Amazing!!! Congratz! Thats im talking about, ExviusGAF must clear all content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcOc2rVcysw

This video? I'll check it out.

fake edit: yeah I just hit 0 nrg and it works perfectly. Amazing.

Indeed! I switched over to this recently from Nox and my own macro. I had no idea about the positioning thing, so my macro was a full run instead. If / When the app crashed, the whole thing would go screwy. Now, the macro clicks on the app and restarts right where it left off in the event of a crash. I just had it running for the past 12 hours with no issue whatsoever. ^__^

robotuw

Niiiice. Just beat valentines ELT in one shot. I skipped two bosses but got everything I wanted, especially the atk 15% and moogle. Noctis is now up to 828 atk. I set my leader back to Primm, so get your candies everyone!

mstevens

Indeed! I switched over to this recently from Nox and my own macro. I had no idea about the positioning thing, so my macro was a full run instead. If / When the app crashed, the whole thing would go screwy. Now, the macro clicks on the app and restarts right where it left off in the event of a crash. I just had it running for the past 12 hours with no issue whatsoever. ^__^

It's a total game changer. I was starting to dread seeing a bunch of NRG, just because it meant I was going to have to sit there for 30 minutes pressing the same menu options over and over.

I went from feeling burnt out to being as excited as I was when I first started playing.

Finally done with SoM. Ended up grabbing the star quartz and a few odds and ends then sold the rest for Gil. Oh and I finally got 5 rabites on PRO.

JP version was doing the enchanted maze, cactuar dunes and Gil snapper and it has me wondering when were going to get the yellow crystal cacturs and snappers...

Anyone want to reroll a JP account for me for Cloud? Wish I had the time but my 11 month old son doesn't allow me the time haha!

Valentus, impressive as always. Damn, your perseverance is.admirable. think I should get Ling maxed and try ELT again.

Prototype

Yes, the list is correct in terms of rank xp efficiency per stamina.

As a general trend, the farther in story mode one gets, the greater the rank xp efficiency, no matter what dungeon is attempted.

But in terms of raw speed, nothing still beats Wicked Peaks - Alluring Winds (it's the dungeon where you get Diabolos, the floor directly before fighting him).

In regard to explorations, Timber Tracks exploration (the first dungeon in Zoldaad) is a very simple exploration, where the only real challenge is the boss (the trash mobs are unusually easy for being so far advanced in story mode). The path to the boss and exit, is literally a straight line to the player's left until reaching the end.

Once upon a time (in the first FFT event, an eternity ago), Gumi gave an event where rank XP at an obscene rate (62 per EN) was farmed while earning event currency at the same time. It was heavenly. Sadly though, Gumi learned their lesson quickly and has never offered such an opportunity again since that event. So, story mode it is for farming rank xp.

Nice.

On a side note you and Valentus should collaborate sometime. Would love to hear the audio commentary during the video.

Valentus

Ok so, Cupid Luna and Cupid Artemios alone are not big deal. But together, they are little beasts.

For my testing of both units, the first test, i fought White Dragon, Demon Chimera and Intangir with only both units.

The equip was:

Cupid Luna: Candy Gun - Point hat - Minerva Bustier - Muscle Belt x2
ATK+10% x2 - Destroyer's Autorithy - HP+15%

Cupid Artemios: Killer Bow - Green Beret - Black Belt Gi - Unusual Artifact - Hero's Ring
ATK+15% - ATK+10% - Destroyer's Autorithy - Dragon Killer

For the second test (Brachiosaur), i added good ol' Sazh, for full break and adding a extra unit in case of snort (so cupid Artemios has less chance of being targeted)

The third test was facing Antonella and Greater Demon. For that Test, i added Cone Fina (because well... she uses a bow) and Ling (she doesnt use a bow, but what the hell, she's cute and can AoE break). Also i changed the equip of Luna and Artemios with TMs:

C.Luna: Romandan Pistol - Viking Axe - Wizard Hat - Minerva Bustier - Muscle Belt x2
HP+30% - Destroyer's Authority - Dual Weild - Equip Axe

C.Artemios: Rising Sun - Viking Axe - Black Cowl - Brave Suit - Bracer - Genji Glove
Power of Creation - Lunge Combo - Equip Axe - Plant Killer

Both are fun units to use. Kudos to Gumi for making both units complement each other. Also Artemios for a base 4star is unusually strong, and his best attack can complement well in a elemental chaining like Orlandu's for a finisher.

Muku

PC-side: Ultimate Link here

I'm not a Mac/iOS person, so I'm not well versed on Switch Controls for iOS. I think Muku uses them? Perhaps someone else in the thread more intimately familiar with the Apple ecosystem can help out with this.

I'm not well versed on Switch Controls either. I ended up dling Nox. But I've not gotten macros yet. Was going to then events came up so I kind of put it on back burner. Plus, EDarkness is going to do that for me anyway, hahaha.

Where have all the Randis and Primms gone, GAF?

I still need them to finish farming this event!

Halp!

I'm pretty sure I have you on my list. I'm still sharing a lvl 100 Primm w/ tons of MP stacked so she can run her buff every turn if need be.

Edit: 176 560 599, if anyone doesn't have me send an add.

Broseybrose

Sent you a request, I'm Pockets and should have Randi up for the remainder of the event.
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I have you on my list. I'm still sharing a lvl 100 Primm w/ tons of MP stacked so she can run her buff every turn if need be.
Yup I have you.

Just accepted Pockets and Robotu. I appreciate it guys!

I have 5* Primm, 625ATK CoD, Ling. But Im sharing a 500MAG Exdeath.

The units I need right now dont have to be anything but banner units.

Would you guys rather I share Primm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom