• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Where have all the Randis and Primms gone, GAF?

I still need them to finish farming this event!

Halp!

It's okay. I'm not done yet either on Alt or Main. Got Primm up on both.

Can you give you my alt # if you want, since I'm playing on it right now: 984,103,344

When not running event characters, use Delita as my main there. He's sadly my best.

Man. Do Valentine's units even really exist? Alt just got crap for tickets not even on banner. Just used a ticket on main and Xiao. Yeah, going to pause potential ticket use because I seem to be pulling everything but.

robotuw

Man. Do Valentine's units even really exist? Alt just got crap for tickets not even on banner. Just used a ticket on main and Xiao. Yeah, going to pause potential ticket use because I seem to be pulling everything but.

Took me 7 pulls just to get Luna. Finally broke my recent streak of getting the 4* banner unit first too :(

Broseybrose

It's okay. I'm not done yet either on Alt or Main. Got Primm up on both.

Can you give you my alt # if you want, since I'm playing on it right now: 984,103,344

When not running event characters, use Delita as my main there. He's sadly my best.

Sure. Filling my new slots with GAFfers is the idea!

Btw I pulled both Valentine units in 6 tix. 2 or 3 mornings ago.

That felt pretty great. So did watching Val's vid of them working it together. Theyre a cool combo.

And even though I dont think Primm is great I think her Rush ability makes her unique therefore worthwhile to level.

Muku

Sure. Filling my new slots with GAFfers is the idea!

Btw I pulled both Valentine units in 6 tix. 2 or 3 mornings ago.

That felt pretty great. So did watching Val's vid of them working it together. Theyre a cool combo.

And even though I dont think Primm is great I think her Rush ability makes her unique therefore worthwhile to level in the game.

She's better than Popoi, so glad to run two of her in my main group versus Popoi. I do have a Popoi there but screw that noise.

I run Luneth on my main when not running an event character. Main # is: 936,875,612

As interesting as running with some of V Day characters for fun, not going to blow through my stash for them. Have 78 tickets on my main. (79 until I got another damn Xiao.) Saving that for future husbandos.

Think I'm going to use Cactaur from this event to work on Firion, since I have no one else to work on. Got him day one of Valentine's Day banner. Which isn't bad.. because I didn't have him on my main for some reason. (Have him capped on alt.)

Rixa

Heh. Now I noticed we had Cactuar Dunes :p. There were times when I was after Dunes, nowaydays Iam not using any NRG to it. I guess there are 2 factors for this.

1. Really old account
2. Pull rates are awful crap trash

Thus the units I somehow happen to get are leveled by events (Jumbos from global events + King Mog).

Anyways time to use nrg to SoM Elt, got stuff to buy (Axe).

Muku

Not even sure at this point if I can get 70k Moogle because I can't even get Rabites anymore. :/ I guess I'll go until the end and see what I should do.

Rixa

Not even sure at this point if I can get 70k Moogle because I can't even get Rabites anymore. :/ I guess I'll go until the end and see what I should do.

86 Mana beasts done, 21 Rabites. I have died twice during Rabite runs (was testing), it was 4 & 2 Rabites. So actual amount of Rabites I have got is 15 :D. I haven't seen 6 Rabites at all :p.

GG-Duo

Tried following the advice from this post on Reddit (with a weaker gear loadout) and I failed twice.

• Bartz on Ramuh
  • Cecil on Golem
  • Ling on Diablos
  • Cloud of Darkness on Ifrit
  • Refia on Carbuncle
  • The strongest Noctis you can find

CoD has dual wield, Refia has dual cast

The first time I died on Herne since it hit too hard... so I abandoned that and tried Cagn instead, which was much better.

The second time around, I had a bit of trouble at Limnad and ultimately died in the last 1/8 HP of Abraxas. The ailments and deaths just got ahead of me.

I think my weak link was Ling. Despite being able to keep MP up during the battle (which was, she was otherwise mostly useless and died a whole bunch. I think I'll try replacing her (ExDeath?) or make sure I get a fully loaded gear set.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Firion is getting his 6* (and Maria her 5* lol). `Thursday after maintenance.

Funny...the only good thing i got from my shitty 11 pull on the SoM banner was a 4* Firion.

Guess i need to run the SoM event a bit this week so i can at least get the Gigantuars.

Kouriozan

Oooooh, FF2 event approaching, let's check Chilly!

gdEYK9g.png

88 days, please come back!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Chilly got burnt quite bad by this game and it had a negative effect on his well-being, for him cut it out his life like that - i dont understand why people want him to come back, if this type of game messed up things for him.

He made the right call.

Pachimari

I can't wait for VIII, X and XIV characters to come over.

Anyway, I'm so close to awakening my Ace to 6*. Just need one Prismatic Horn and 9 Rainbow Bloom. I'll farm the Chamber of Awakening for those mats.

What will it take to beat the SoM event on ELT?

Rootbeer

Banned
daily half price pull... got another banner luna

used a ticket cause why not, i'm a gambling man. got a rainbow... out popped a marie

expect to see me sharing her someday when it's useful. right now i don't have enough Gigantuar to level her... especially since i want to put priority on getting my 5* maxed Firion to 6* maxed...

hate having to make such hard choices! But really thankful to have her

Rootbeer

Banned
Well much like Randi once he gets his enhancements he will be top tier, assuming global ends up similarly to JP in that regard.

But his killer passives will still make him situationally very powerful upon first receiving his 6*, again similar to Randi

If you don't have many 5* base chars he is definitely one worth maxing out.

bonkeng

Is Firion even worth it anymore? By the time most characters get their 6*, they are superseded by better new heroes.
Well much like Randi once he gets his enhancements he will be top tier, assuming global ends up similarly to JP in that regard.

But his killer passives will still make him situationally very powerful upon first receiving his 6*, again similar to Randi

If you don't have many 5* base chars he is definitely one worth maxing out.

Even if you do, he's still worth the max.

Give me a few weeks and I'll show you a Firion with 894 atk lol.

Not to mention, he's got 6 Killer++ passives. That's +125% bonus to 6 races.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Is Firion even worth it anymore? By the time most characters get their 6*, they are superseded by better new heroes.

Fyi. Many characters have not been succeed.

For example, Delita, Ramza, DKC, Halloween units are largely shit in comparison to the other base 5 units.

In comparison, ExDeath is still a top mage. Bit below D.Fina, but still a great unit. Buttz is another one, where outside being decent damage, he comes with the ability to take hits and some great support skills. Full life and Entrust on a single unit. He can fill a lot of holes in a team. CoD is the magical equivalent of Buttz. Decent damage, but again, comes with a lot of support skills and magic defense. Making her a great addition to fill hills. Rain also provides both fullbreak and cheer, while being able to hit with more elements than anyone else if equiped right.

None of the new characters really have been able to fill these gaps or will be able too.

Alkez

I have 87 gigantuars to use, and no one to use them on. This Firion upgrade is perfect. Also need to pull 3 Guys for Ling. She's currently sitting at 4500 health, would like to get her to 6k seeing as she's playing a pure (and perfect) support role in my team.

jnWake

I'm starting to think I won't get Randi... Are these events ever repeated or am I screwed if I miss him now?

Thinking of doing a 11 pull even.

Alkez

Will we be lucky to be blessed with the FFII banner or will they make use drag out nuts on the ground some more.

Makes sense that we'll get it doesn't it? Firion upgrade, SoM banner ends, Valentine's event ends. What reason would they have to not do the FF2 banner/event?

across

I'm starting to think I won't get Randi... Are these events ever repeated or am I screwed if I miss him now?

It's now or never - well, now being 'until the banner ends' - for collaboration units. It's technically possible that GL may bring limited units back around, but it hasn't happened in JP, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Just keep in mind that chasing 5* bases is generally not something that ends well. Go into it knowing the rates and be okay with the fact that your 11 pull is a Hail Mary.

Pachimari

I have a 6* Luneth lvl 100/100 but with two crap broadswords. How do I get better weapons for my units? Is that through exploration maps or through TM farming?

Valentus

The problem with firion is that his best skill , fin briar, is too weak for today standards.

The thing that sabes firion is that he has unlimited equip.

Now, i would like to do an cupid artemios va firion un the races artemios is strong.

jnWake

It's now or never - well, now being 'until the banner ends' - for collaboration units. It's technically possible that GL may bring limited units back around, but it hasn't happened in JP, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Just keep in mind that chasing 5* bases is generally not something that ends well. Go into it knowing the rates and be okay with the fact that your 11 pull is a Hail Mary.

Oh yeah I know, but at least I wanna try everything I could and if I miss it, tough luck. Judging from the banners list there's none where I'm interested in a character enough to do a 11 pull so it'd be fine for me to do it now. I'll regain the Lapis eventually lol.

In any case I'll wait until the last day to do that. So thursday is my 11 pull deadline.

The problem with firion is that his best skill , fin briar, is too weak for today standards.

The thing that sabes firion is that he has unlimited equip.

Now, i would like to do an cupid artemios va firion un the races artemios is strong.

In general, is Firion or Chiz stronger as a DPS focused unit? I'm pretty happy so far with my Chiz, but would switch her out with Firion if he's a better fit going forward.

Celegus

You should go into every banner not expecting the 5*. Limited time units like him don't repeat often if ever, but you can't realistically expect to get all of them without spending some serious cash.

dubc35

Reading over the macro info on the previous page (thanks all!). If you're running macros on the emulator, is there a way to tie that to what's on your phone? For example, run macro all night but want to play on phone during the day with the updated stats. Is that done via a Facebook account? or not at all?

across

In general, is Firion or Chiz stronger as a DPS focused unit? I'm pretty happy so far with my Chiz, but would switch her out with Firion if he's a better fit going forward.

Chizuru is a chain builder, Firion is a chain ender. Right now there's not really any content that requires you to work with these distinctions, but the time is coming, I believe.

The other problem, like Valentus said, is that Firion's primary skill, Fin Briar, is... not especially great right now. 180% with 25% ITD. Still very good if you can cap an elemental chain and benefit from one of his many Killer abilities. But if you're expecting to get anything meaningful out of him just throwing the ability out there raw, you're likely to be disappointed.

Pejo

Man, daily + vday package ticket and still no Gold crystal. I really want that Artemos. Don't make me do more than dailies Gumi, please.

Xion86

Surprised to find I only have one Maria, must have fused lots together as she has 55% TM. Locked her to max out for the hell of it :).

Chizuru is a chain builder, Firion is a chain ender. Right now there's not really any content that requires you to work with these distinctions, but the time is coming, I believe.

The other problem, like Valentus said, is that Firion's primary skill, Fin Briar, is... not especially great right now. 180% with 25% ITD. Still very good if you can cap an elemental chain and benefit from one of his many Killer abilities. But if you're expecting to get anything meaningful out of him just throwing the ability out there raw, you're likely to be disappointed.

I haven't really dabbled in the chaining yet, so this is disheartening. I'll gear up Firion to see what he looks like, but he might be second fiddle to Chiz right now as she has been an awesome DPS unit for my playstyle.

So I want to run an idea I've been thinking about past you guys and would love your thoughts. I want to eliminate Refia and replace her another dps and to do so I want to try the following:

Cecil with Double Cast and as much MP, SPR, and HP as I can muster on him.
Ling with Carbuncle and as much HP, MP, and SPR as much as she can.
Noctis
Greg/Elza/Lightning

When Orlandu comes either Elza/Lightning will be swapped out.

With all the utility between Ling and Noctis in terms of debuffs, MP regen, cleanses, etc. can I get by with Cecil dual cast curaja, Ling for cleanse and off heals using cura? My only issue with this is the lack of a power buff such as embolden. Yes Cecil has his LB but this Cecil I have doesn't have his maxed. What are your thoughts on this?

Cecil with 2 Arsha's talismans, hp+30 materia and a few spr boosting materia as well should get his spr rather high I think.

bonkeng

So I want to run an idea I've been thinking about past you guys and would love your thoughts. I want to eliminate Refia and replace her another dps and to do so I want to try the following:

Cecil with Double Cast and as much MP, SPR, and HP as I can muster on him.
Ling with Carbuncle and as much HP, MP, and SPR as much as she can.
Noctis
Greg/Elza/Lightning

When Orlandu comes either Elza/Lightning will be swapped out.

With all the utility between Ling and Noctis in terms of debuffs, MP regen, cleanses, etc. can I get by with Cecil dual cast curaja, Ling for cleanse and off heals using cura? My only issue with this is the lack of a power buff such as embolden. Yes Cecil has his LB but this Cecil I have doesn't have his maxed. What are your thoughts on this?

Cecil with 2 Arsha's talismans, hp+30 materia and a few spr boosting materia as well should get his spr rather high I think.

Why not swap out Cecil instead?

With Noctis, Elza, Greg or Orlandu, you'd blitz your way to victory so you won't ever need Cecil's tanking. While Refia's Embolden can give your team much more help than what Cecil can.

EDarkness

Not sure how I got so far behind in the Secret of Mana event, but it's been taking a long time to get everything I want from it so I've been running it like crazy the last few days. Thanks to everyone who still have the BONUS units available. I'll probably have to run this until the event ends. I guess I'm just not as efficient at this than everyone else is and definitely haven't been lucky with the rabbits. The most I've gotten at one time is three and that's extremely rare. Got the axe, though. Happy about that.

Not sure if I'm going to be able to get the ELT trust moogle or 15% ATK materia since I'm not sure I'll be able to field a team to get it done. I have a decent amount of characters to choose from, but I'm not sure if I'm badass enough as a player to win. We'll see, I guess. Gotta finish this SoM event first.

Only have done two pulls on the current banner and managed to get Cupid Luna. Not sure if I want to pull more than that, but getting Artemios would be nice, I think. I just don't want to waste tickets on this banner for some reason. Gotta build up again after going after Primm cost me over 30 tickets. I really feel bad about that. Heh, heh.

Congrats for pulling off the Valentines event with "normal" characters, Valentus. Again, I'm impressed with your fortitude.

Looking forward to getting my Firion to 6*, but I don't think he'll be all that good until we can upgrade him. Hopefully we'll get a chance to upgrade 6* units sometime soon.

Almost have my second TMR (Rising Sun) which will be awesome. Maybe in a couple of days. Will be nice to have a good weapon for my CoD. I think the next TMR I'll get will be Double Cast since I was able to get a Ludmille recently. I guess Refia will get a boost when that happens. After that, I think I'll go for Power of Creation or another Dual Wield. Not sure right now.

Finally, congrats to everyone who managed to get a unit they wanted. That's always a good feeling. Heh, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom