• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not swap out Cecil instead?

With Noctis, Elza, Greg or Orlandu, you'd blitz your way to victory so you won't ever need Cecil's tanking. While Refia's Embolden can give your team much more help than what Cecil can.

Never thought of it that way. Figured I'd always need a tank for future content. I know this won't be viable for EVERY encounter but I wanted to give it a shot. Now the real question is who do I put to be assigned to Golem as without Odin right now someone's gonna using Golem and taking hits? I'd love to try the Trial of Love boss to see how this fairs in terms of viability.

Alkez

So I want to run an idea I've been thinking about past you guys and would love your thoughts. I want to eliminate Refia and replace her another dps and to do so I want to try the following:

Cecil with Double Cast and as much MP, SPR, and HP as I can muster on him.
Ling with Carbuncle and as much HP, MP, and SPR as much as she can.
Noctis
Greg/Elza/Lightning

When Orlandu comes either Elza/Lightning will be swapped out.

With all the utility between Ling and Noctis in terms of debuffs, MP regen, cleanses, etc. can I get by with Cecil dual cast curaja, Ling for cleanse and off heals using cura? My only issue with this is the lack of a power buff such as embolden. Yes Cecil has his LB but this Cecil I have doesn't have his maxed. What are your thoughts on this?

Cecil with 2 Arsha's talismans, hp+30 materia and a few spr boosting materia as well should get his spr rather high I think.

Hmm yeah it could work. 2 hp + 30%s and 2 mentalities would probably make it viable imo. You may be missing embolden but the extra dps is better on offence anyway. Defensively you lose a little though, but all the units you mentioned have fairly high hp (except Ling). I think at the very least it's testable.

Valentus

Cecil with 2 Arsha's talismans, hp+30 materia and a few spr boosting materia as well should get his spr rather high I think.

This is the cecil you want

screenshot_2017-02-13l7pza.png
]

bonkeng

Never thought of it that way. Figured I'd always need a tank for future content. I know this won't be viable for EVERY encounter but I wanted to give it a shot. Now the real question is who do I put to be assigned to Golem as without Odin right now someone's gonna using Golem and taking hits? I'd love to try the Trial of Love boss to see how this fairs in terms of viability.

Noctis would be good with Golem, since he's got innate dodge, heal-counter and Point Warp. And you'd want Ifrit on Orlandu anyway.

Imo, DC Refia is more important than a cover tank like Cecil. Curaja+Full Life in the same turn is too good to pass up. Not to mention innate status protection, Esuna, Dispel etc. In certain situations, Cecil might be better. But most of the time, I'd go with Refia.

Maybe a draw tank will be better than a healer in the future, but we haven't reached that point yet.

Daily pull.. gold -> rainbow.. and it's Marie!

lol random ticket rainbow, hi Marie!!!

Lol. Gratz you 2.

Hmm yeah it could work. 2 hp + 30%s and 2 mentalities would probably make it viable imo. You may be missing embolden but the extra dps is better on offence anyway. Defensively you lose a little though, but all the units you mentioned have fairly high hp (except Ling). I think at the very least it's testable.

I need to work on getting the Mentalities and I agree, these guys have rather high HP and when you pot them it only gets better. If I can get a bracer on every dps unit (currently have 1 bracer done and one cooking in the oven, I'd need a 3rd) that's even more HP

This is the cecil you want

That hp.......that's insane. Where is that sword from? I'll have to research that.

Noctis would be good with Golem, since he's got innate dodge, heal-counter and Point Warp. And you'd want Ifrit on Orlandu anyway.

Imo, DC Refia is more important than a cover tank like Cecil. Curaja+Full Life in the same turn is too good to pass up. Not to mention innate status protection, Esuna, Dispel etc. In certain situations, Cecil might be better. But most of the time, I'd go with Refia.

Maybe a draw tank will be better than a healer in the future, but we haven't reached that point yet.

Lol. Gratz you 2.

I was thinking Noct on Golem, just wanted reassurance. His self heals seem to make him the most viable. I already have him set to Golem for my mission farming team but that's not hard content at all so I really couldn't get a feel for how it would work out in real scenarios.

It was from a recent event. I forget which one, but I started using it once I leveled Ling up if that helps with the timeline. I can't access anything game related from work so I can't search

It was from the FF Type 0 event. How the hell did I miss this thing? Shit! I didn't pick up the 15% HP dagger either because I didn't think I'd need it. I was wrong.

Alkez

It was from the FF Type 0 event. How the hell did I miss this thing? Shit! I didn't pick up the 15% HP dagger either because I didn't think I'd need it. I was wrong.

Yeah the items in that event went under the radar. I missed it too but managed to get it right before the end. I was using it on Cecil but I think it's more effective on Ling seeing as her weaponary is limited and for me she is purely support so she can use all the hp she can get. I wish they would give us the opportunity to get all the previous gear each mog king event, so players who missed something or have just started have a chance to get previous equipment.

I need to work on getting the Mentalities and I agree, these guys have rather high HP and when you pot them it only gets better. If I can get a bracer on every dps unit (currently have 1 bracer done and one cooking in the oven, I'd need a 3rd) that's even more HP

Ah I forgot Bracers give hp, that's a good shout. I'm interested to see if this works out when you put it in to action.

Dang Zera that dagger was only 2000! Buy all event equips!

I normally do but it would appear I've messed up on those two events....Guess I should buckle down and get the 50k axe from this boring event as well.

Yeah the items in that event went under the radar. I missed it too but managed to get it right before the end. I was using it on Cecil but I think it's more effective on Ling seeing as her weaponary is limited and for me she is purely support so she can use all the hp she can get. I wish they would give us the opportunity to get all the previous gear each mog king event, so players who missed something or have just started have a chance to get previous equipment.

Ah I forgot Bracers give hp, that's a good shout. I'm interested to see if this works out when you put it in to action.

Yeah I want to see how things when this all comes together. I'll keep you guys posted, it's going to take some time as I need to get some TM's done.

Pachimari

Finally got to awaken my Ace to 6*, hopefully he can be useful to my team:

Current team
6* Luneth lvl 100
6* Ace lvl 1
5* Exdeath lvl 63
5* Cecil lvl 29
4* Lenna lvl 32

I got these reserves too
6* Dangerous Ariana lvl 2
4* Warrior of Light lvl 60 (will awaken him next!)
4* Zidane lvl 50 (I'll only go for his TM at some point)
4* Bartz lvl 29
4* Rain lvl 1
3* Garland lvl 20 (preparing him for 6*)
3* Xiao lvl 22 (is she even worth levelling?)

Muku

Finally got to awaken my Ace to 6*, hopefully he can be useful to my team:

Current team
6* Luneth lvl 100
6* Ace lvl 1
5* Exdeath lvl 63
5* Cecil lvl 29
4* Lenna lvl 32

I got these reserves too
6* Dangerous Ariana lvl 2
4* Warrior of Light lvl 60 (will awaken him next!)
4* Zidane lvl 50 (I'll only go for his TM at some point)
4* Bartz lvl 29
4* Rain lvl 1
3* Garland lvl 20 (preparing him for 6*)
3* Xiao lvl 22 (is she even worth levelling?)

Congrats! I've not seriously used Ace for anything major on my alt. But he is actually helping my group with SoM event. Chain Thundaga stuff with CoD, Exdeath and the like with bonus units. He's not bad. I'd be more likely to try him out in things if he was on my main. Especially since I lack a variety of gear on alt and all. But so far he's a nice mage to have in reserve.

Shouta

I normally do but it would appear I've messed up on those two events....Guess I should buckle down and get the 50k axe from this boring event as well.

Yeah I want to see how things when this all comes together. I'll keep you guys posted, it's going to take some time as I need to get some TM's done.

I told everyone to get the Survival Dagger from FF0 D=

Anyway, I finished the High Difficulty FF7 exploration this morning and got the 2 5% Trust Moogles and Cloud's armor. One of those moogles puts my Tidus at 99.9% TM. Just gotta farming Earth Shrine a bit manually then I'll have Fraternity/Brotherhood.

I didn't realize it until now but Randi and Tidus synergize extremely well when it comes to chains. Quick Trick and Randi's unlocked attack do well together. If I give Randi the Fraternity, He and Tidus can water chain. If I give Tidus a wind weapon, they can wind Chain. Takes a little setup in either case but very flexible and powerful. RIP Orlandu, gonna be using these two more, lol.

In general JP news, new story event unlocking on the 15th and new Ability Enhancements as well. I wonder what units are getting beefed up.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
It sounds to me like Zera is ACTUALLY trying to build a team with more damage by spreading Refia's duties across several others. Those duties primarily are: Curaja, Embolden, and Esuna.

That's a pretty difficult needle to thread IMO.

HOWEVER!
-- You can get Curaja with a tank through Cecil.
-- You can get Esuna with a DPS through CoD (comeback). AND you get elemental buffs.
-- You can get Embolden, perhaps not as effective (it IS +45% ATK/DEF for FIVE turns) with Cheer (+40% ATK/DEF for THREE turns), I guess.

But then you still have to add into the mix that Refia has 100% resistance to Silence, Paralyze, Confuse, and Petrify, making her the last stopgap between the hardest bosses and worst arena matchups.

I dunno man. You could do it to squeeze out a little more damage. I suspect you'd get more damage out of the remaining 4 units by not trying to parcel out those duties though.

Wazzy

Banned
Hmmm I'm thinking I might prioritize Cecil's TM with my Moogles. I have an extra Cecil I can TM farm so that my farming team is two Zidanes and two Cecil's. I was going to focus on getting Miyuki'a TM for Luneth but with Enhancer and Excalibur he would do more damage, especially since my Chizuru's are at 0% right now.

I want to try the 9 boss trial but I'm not sure how difficult it is.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Wazzy -- you could do worse than Excalibur as far as TM weaponry goes, though if you have a Zidane Dual Wield (3-4 of them) should be every player's priority. Other thing with Excal is that it has an embedded light element, and some bosses (and other Cecils in the Arena!) are immune.

Sakurfubuki + Blade Mastery though, that's where the REAL SHIT is at.

Wazzy

Banned
Wazzy -- you could do worse than Excalibur as far as TM weaponry goes, though if you have a Zidane Dual Wield (3-4 of them) should be every player's priority. Other thing with Excal is that it has an embedded light element, and some bosses (and other Cecils in the Arena!) are immune.

Sakurfubuki + Blade Mastery though, that's where the REAL SHIT is at.
I'm definitely working on Dual Wield for my Snow because I have two Kaiser Knuckles and would like to give him a nice boost but i thought boosting my Luneth would be more important. If not, I can work on Miyuki who is at least at 20% but I'll also have to start my Chizuru's for blade mastery to get the most out of it.

Pejo

Dang Zera that dagger was only 2000! Buy all event equips!

Speaking of this, is there any reason at all to buy the bow and whip from the SoM event? I can't think of one, but you never know and I don't want to regret it later.

Rather not have the inventory -2 if I can help it though.

Celegus

Speaking of this, is there any reason at all to buy the bow and whip from the SoM event? I can't think of one, but you never know and I don't want to regret it later.

Rather not have the inventory -2 if I can help it though.
Nah those should be skippable. I just go for stuff that has additional benefits like the +HP or an elemental weapon.

Pejo

Nah those should be skippable. I just go for stuff that has additional benefits like the +HP or an elemental weapon.

Cool, thanks!

I hope the next few events aren't grind events. I need a break from this game. Really bummed about not getting Randi, and between that and FE stealing some of my mobile gaming time, I just don't feel like babysitting this game right now.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
real talk: event equip is primarily for users in between the n00bie and advanced stages of the game. none of it is better than available TMs, and though some of it has a neat niche use (see: the crown's elemental buffs just before we get an event where you fight bosses with different elements in succession?), for the most part they are overpriced carrots laid out there to justify farming events. Which is actually pretty good game design IMO. These events (and equip) are designed as a bridge to help the middle-ground players survive while they build up their TM base.

Just saying.

Alkez

Took on the elite Valentine's event for the first time today. Was surprised how comfortably I cleared it, all bosses as well. I thought it would be more difficult because I don't have any 5* bases and people with multiple were struggling over the weekend. I guess, as Valentus shows on a regular basis, team balance and synergy is more important than top tier units. They just make your life easier.

It sounds to me like Zera is ACTUALLY trying to build a team with more damage by spreading Refia's duties across several others. Those duties primarily are: Curaja, Embolden, and Esuna.

That's a pretty difficult needle to thread IMO.

HOWEVER!
-- You can get Curaja with a tank through Cecil.
-- You can get Esuna with a DPS through CoD (comeback). AND you get elemental buffs.
-- You can get Embolden, perhaps not as effective (it IS +45% ATK/DEF for FIVE turns) with Cheer (+40% ATK/DEF for THREE turns), I guess.

But then you still have to add into the mix that Refia has 100% resistance to Silence, Paralyze, Confuse, and Petrify, making her the last stopgap between the hardest bosses and worst arena matchups.

I dunno man. You could do it to squeeze out a little more damage. I suspect you'd get more damage out of the remaining 4 units by not trying to parcel out those duties though.

I'll have to do a little more research and obtain a few more key TM's but I think it's worthwhile. Will give me something else to do other than TM farm lol.

Pachimari

Is it worth going through the Valentine event or should I just continue farming the Chamber of Awakening for the mats I need to awaken WoL? The chocolate can't even be used on anything but refilling your MP.

real talk: event equip is primarily for users in between the n00bie and advanced stages of the game. none of it is better than available TMs, and though some of it has a neat niche use (see: the crown's elemental buffs just before we get an event where you fight bosses with different elements in succession?), for the most part they are overpriced carrots laid out there to justify farming events. Which is actually pretty good game design IMO. These events (and equip) are designed as a bridge to help the middle-ground players survive while they build up their TM base.

Just saying.

If I could equip by party rather than by unit (you know what I mean), I wouldn't need event equip. :/

ok guys

PSA

I love you chicken bros... you know i do.. but im gonna have to ask you to stop sharing them

yall are fucking up my crappy macros and i dont feel like rebuilding them

Pachimari

both. Story has some decent units. There's also the Enhancer from trials that could help you.
I almost forgot to reply to this one but replies doesn't go unnoticed. Really appreciate your input.

So I haven't spent much time in the arena or colosseum where I suppose this whole trial thing is located but I guess I should go for this Enhancer as my next objective, because I got no equipment at all.

tuffymon

ok guys

PSA

I love you chicken bros... you know i do.. but im gonna have to ask you to stop sharing them

yall are fucking up my crappy macros and i dont feel like rebuilding them

Turn off using 6* friend units whenever you Tm farm?

Pachi, its a trial weapon, so if Intangir isn't naturally in the vortex, it might be in the upper left house in mog land~

I almost forgot to reply to this one but replies doesn't go unnoticed. Really appreciate your input.

So I haven't spent much time in the arena or colosseum where I suppose this whole trial thing is located but I guess I should go for this Enhancer as my next objective, because I got no equipment at all.

The trial is actually in the Vortex, under "Vortex of Trials" and then "Chamber of the Fallen". You get the Enhancer for beating the "Rebirth of the Itangir" trial. The rest of the trials in there also have great non-TM gear. They can get pretty challenging though, especially the latter trials and they cost a pretty penny in terms of NRG. I recommend looking up some guides, although the first couple might not be too terrible to beat going in blind.

Pachimari

Turn off using 6* friend units whenever you Tm farm?

Pachi, its a trial weapon, so if Intangir isn't naturally in the vortex, it might be in the upper left house in mog land~

The trial is actually in the Vortex, under "Vortex of Trials" and then "Chamber of the Fallen". You get the Enhancer for beating the "Rebirth of the Itangir" trial. The rest of the trials in there also have great non-TM gear. They can get pretty challenging though, especially the latter trials and they cost a pretty penny in terms of NRG. I recommend looking up some guides, although the first couple might not be too terrible to beat going in blind.

Intangir can bring a friend too... Bring any strong unit and 1 shot it... Although I doubt you'll have any issues.
Thanks, I'll do just this then.

I thought it was in the Farplane at first so I fought this monster and lost, apparently for some blade:

evangd007

Is it worth going through the Valentine event or should I just continue farming the Chamber of Awakening for the mats I need to awaken WoL? The chocolate can't even be used on anything but refilling your MP.

Have you done any of the Valentine's event yet? BGN is easy as cake and has an accessory with +15 ATK in the secret chest right after the boss among other useful things. INT has a +51 ATK greatsword and I remember you being in the market for such a thing. You should be able to clear BGN and INT easy with your Luneth and ADV might be possible with an OP friend unit.

Pachimari

Have you done any of the Valentine's event yet? BGN is easy as cake and has an accessory with +15 ATK in the secret chest right after the boss among other useful things. INT has a +51 ATK greatsword and I remember you being in the market for such a thing. You should be able to clear BGN and INT easy with your Luneth and ADV might be possible with an OP friend unit.
Only the first stage. I figured nothing important was in there. I should check out the event again tomorrow then, since it sounds like there's some useful stuff in there for somebody who doesn't have a lot of equipment. I'll do all of BGN, INT and ADV tomorrow.

I beat the Intangir monster and my Luneth now looks like this:

Maxim726X

I've been thinking about giving this game another try... What should I be re-rolling for?

Or is there a place to buy some cheap accounts with great starting characters?

Only the first stage. I figured nothing important was in there. I should check out the event again tomorrow then, since it sounds like there's some useful stuff in there for somebody who doesn't have a lot of equipment. I'll do all of BGN, INT and ADV tomorrow.

I beat the Intangir monster and my Luneth now looks like this:
You're making progress! I remember the first time I beat one of those bosses. Feels good to get the specisl weapon.

yeah as far as F2play goes we are sitting pretty with strong and accessible physical units

not many strong mages though outside of Exdeath and Arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom