• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

they said it was fixed in their report.

Which report? I don't see any in-game messages that the issue was fixed yet.

Notes from Reddit, as I don't think anyone has mentioned this:

In today's JP patch, Nazta datamined new unit series folders for FF10-2, FF12-2 (Reverent Wings), FF13-2, FF13-3, FF 15, Romancing Saga 3, and Monster Hunter Extreme.

tariniel

Can someone remind me where I go to see how many times I've killed something? I want to see how many of the cactuars I've got in this event.

I did try to add you but you are full my id. is 122, 944, 657 with a Lightning to share.

.n_n.

Sent you a request!

bryt

Thanks to this event all my Espers are at level 40! Farmed the FFT event before and now this event finished it off.

CCIE

Banned
Byrt - my Espers are all at L30 plus because of this event and FFT. Except for Siren, who I have not bothered to level at all, since she seems kind of worthless.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Which report? I don't see any in-game messages that the issue was fixed yet.

In today's JP patch, Nazta datamined new unit series folders for FF10-2, FF12-2 (Reverent Wings), FF13-2, FF13-3, FF 15, Romancing Saga 3, and Monster Hunter Extreme.

OMG!!! Now we talking when I whale

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'm on the Android side of things, and the issue notes still say it the issue is not fixed, especially if the purchase was routed via Amazon Coins.

So, maybe, only iTunes direct purchases have been fixed so far.

Probably. Still, nervous. As a dev you can fuck around with any metric and still make money, but fuck with your purchasing system and you won't be around very long at all. They need to fix this immediately.

Syntsui

The gon make Kimahri trash 3* base 5*Max, won't they?

Is that even a part 2 of X or X-2?

Whales

Banned
put auron in and Im spending thousands until I get him

he better have like 200 ATK as a base stat too, this dude hits like a truck in FFX and powercreep and all

Officially done with the event. Ran PRO the entire time and brought along my Lightning, Hope, Snow, and Fang units along with a friend Lightning for each run (thank you Gaffers!). That left one open slot, and I just threw in some unit from my TM farming squad because... why not.

But I got all of the tickets, all of the SQ, 4 of the attacker materia, Hope's weapon, the 30k moogle, all of the cheap 6* mats, a few of the higher cost 6* mats just to round out the numbers, all of the gigantuars, all of the mats to make Winged Saint (which is in the oven), and all of the tent/scream root/elixir/etc. items (because why not). I still have ~600 gears left with pretty much nothing to spend them on.

So, basically, outside of the 70k moogle I cleared out the store. I must admit... adding in the fact that I now have a cache of ~30 sacred crystals and got enough megacites to get all of my espers into the mid to high 30's (level 2), this has turned out to be a darn fantastic event for me. Applause to Gumi for turning that around.

Syntsui

put auron in and Im spending thousands until I get him

he better have like 200 ATK as a base stat too, this dude hits like a truck in FFX and powercreep and all
Funny how his Celestial Weapon makes him the weakest of them all once you max him. Damage connected to HP is a fucking joke.

Alkez

Does that mean we're going to see alternate Lightnings?

The last two give me a hope for there one day being Kingdom Hearts units.

Vashetti

Banned
Officially done with the event. Ran PRO the entire time and brought along my Lightning, Hope, Snow, and Fang units along with a friend Lightning for each run (thank you Gaffers!). That left one open slot, and I just threw in some unit from my TM farming squad because... why not.

But I got all of the tickets, all of the SQ, 4 of the attacker materia, Hope's weapon, the 30k moogle, all of the cheap 6* mats, a few of the higher cost 6* mats just to round out the numbers, all of the gigantuars, all of the mats to make Winged Saint (which is in the oven), and all of the tent/scream root/elixir/etc. items (because why not). I still have ~600 gears left with pretty much nothing to spend them on.

So, basically, outside of the 70k moogle I cleared out the store. I must admit... adding in the fact that I now have a cache of ~30 sacred crystals and got enough megacites to get all of my espers into the mid to high 30's (level 2), this has turned out to be a darn fantastic event for me. Applause to Gumi for turning that around.

How much did you get on a Pro run? (with all the XIII characters for bonuses)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

(as long as we acknowledge RNGesus Lightning being a core part of this turnaround for you)

(also i am enjoying this event)

(lightning notwithstanding)

How much did you get on a Pro run? (with all the XIII characters for bonuses)

Between 700-850 gears per run, bumped up to around 2,600 when the gigantuar showed up. I didn't get the gigantuar all that often, but definitely more so in the last few days than the entire first week. I'm guessing they tweaked that percentage behind the scenes along with everything else. In addition, I almost always got at least one megacite (sometimes up to 3) and got a sacred crystal every... I dunno... 6 runs or so? A few holy crystals thrown in their, as well.

(as long as we acknowledge RNGesus Lightning being a core part of this turnaround for you)

(also i am enjoying this event)

(lightning notwithstanding)

Oh absolutely! I'm definitely not trying to say that this kind of turnaround would be true for everyone. Just my personal experience. For that matter, I got lucky getting all of the other relevant banner units including Snow, not just Lightning. So definitely a huge luck factor involved. Which is a serious turn of event for me (no pun intended) given how crappy my luck has been with almost every other banner to this point.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Thats pretty much my take as well.
Thought of going for the 70k Moogle after i pulled L - but it just not worth it. Even if the SC/HC and Megacite drops were nice. I need a break ...

Vashetti

Banned
Between 700-850 gears per run, bumped up to around 2,600 when the gigantuar showed up. I didn't get the gigantuar all that often, but definitely more so in the last few days than the entire first week. I'm guessing they tweaked that percentage behind the scenes along with everything else. In addition, I almost always got at least one megacite (sometimes up to 3) and got a sacred crystal every... I dunno... 6 runs or so? A few holy crystals thrown in their, as well.

Thanks!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

Oh absolutely! I'm definitely not trying to say that this kind of turnaround would be true for everyone. Just my personal experience. For that matter, I got lucky getting all of the other relevant banner units including Snow, not just Lightning. So definitely a huge luck factor involved. Which is a serious turn of event for me (no pun intended) given how crappy my luck has been with almost every other banner to this point.

Yeah just giving you a hard time because that's the only defense I have at this point. :)

I really only need to get the 30K moogle. Maybe the SQs and 6* mats but those are abundantly available at this point. Sitting on 11k gears atm so I only need to run this for a couple more days.

Maybe I'll get my lapis by then!

Kouriozan

I'm really close of getting the platinum in FF XV, so can I get Noctis for free? :p
Same the same thing for Lightning and got her in my first 10+1 pulls, you never know!

Xion86

Decided to clear up :D
Got all the weapons and abilities I wanted and lots of other bits too, not much else left to buy.

64ZDsx8l.png

Alkez

I'm really close of getting the platinum in FF XV, so can I get Noctis for free? :p
Same the same thing for Lightning and got her in my first 10+1 pulls, you never know!

Damn, PS trophies poll estimates it take over 50 hours to get the platinum.

I literally finished watching it on YouTube today. I quite enjoyed the story. What did you think?

I assuming you enjoyed the gameplay seeing as you've nearly platinumed it lol. It looks Kingdom Hearts-esque.

Xion86

I literally finished watching it on YouTube today. I quite enjoyed the story. What did you think?

I assuming you enjoyed the gameplay seeing as you've nearly platinumed it lol. It looks Kingdom Hearts-esque.

Definitely going for the Platinum here too :) and it's an easy one to get with no missable trophies.
Really loving the game so far and only on Chapter 4.

Kouriozan

I'm at about 45 hours so yeah. (just need level 10 skill and adamantoise)
The story is OK but certain parts are lacking, gets more focused toward the end.
I don't like the magic system and the battle gameplay is more or less always the same, thankfully the constant chatter is amazing so it keeps me playing.
Another plus is the game having French dub, that's really rare for a JRPG.

CCIE

Banned
Kouriozan, is it good? I'm getting FFXV for X-Mas from the Hubby. I've been waiting a decade to play the game, so I'm simply ready. Playing RoTR right now, and am contemplating buying DQ Heroes since it can be had for less than $20 this week

Kouriozan, is it good? I'm getting FFXV for X-Mas from the Hubby. I've been waiting a decade to play the game, so I'm simply ready. Playing RoTR right now, and am contemplating buying DQ Heroes since it can be had for less than $20 this week

im enjoying it

its a weird game

Crazy mashup of Western and Japanese games. Combat is very awkward at first. Id recommend messing with control types and unlocking certain abilities (like blink) to get teh ball rolling

Plenty to see and do though. Im only in Chapter 2 and at teh very least im finding it more enjoyable than 13

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
With DC 1 done on Wed(just going to feed it the 5%, and probably Miyuki the other 5%). Next set up TMs will be
Black Cowl
30% ATK
Sakafub
Gloves
And Belt.

So my Luneth is going to start to lift.

Sadly, I'll be taking the next three weeks off from TM grinding. As normal, I must go venture forth into the real world.

Muku

I must be taking the shit luck hit for GAF on these pulls. Hope you all enjoy your Lightnings. :( Taking one for the team.

Got Russell on my main. Freya on my alt. Ugh city. Husband got a gold this morning. FREYA. Must be Freya Monday or some shit.

chrono01

What the hell....

Today's Daily pull....

Blue..........GOLD..........RAINBOW!!!!!

Lightning!!!

(2nd one this banner :eek:) just wow.....

axFWUHal.png
Be right back, uninstalling app from my phone.

No but seriously, congrats. Now send some of that Lightning luck my way!

A few reasons but honestly just a personal decision to help peel away from the game a bit. I have been spending way too much time and effort with it. I will still be lurking however. ;) I will also still be active in game so my units should still be helpful at least.
Sorry man. :(

Yeah for sure, if you feel that you need a break, take one. Just know that you're always welcome back should you later change your mind. If not, best of luck to you out there!

It's a fun game, but it has its issues. Waiting to play it might actually be a benefit for you, since they have a patch in the works that will likely fix a few of the current problems with the game. The later you wait, the better. So continue focusing on what you're playing now, and jump in on FFXV in the coming months. It's definitely worst playing, if just for the OST alone.

Alkez

The story is OK but certain parts are lacking, gets more focused toward the end.
I don't like the magic system and the battle gameplay is more or less always the same, thankfully the constant chatter is amazing so it keeps me playing.

Yeah. I'm hoping the dlc will clear some things up
mainly Ravus' story and who the name Izunia belonged to. There are implications but I would like some confirmations.

I was watching some verses xiii gameplay earlier to see how different it was, and magic and summons seems to be the main things they changed. In Verses it looked like they worked like in the KH games, but in 15 they have this random system that nobody seems to be happy with lol. That being said the magic does look really good when you use it,
especially that ring power you get in chapter 13 that seems to kill everything.

eggydoo

FFXV is great. Best way I can describe it is Dragon age inquisition mixed with skyrim.

I don't mind the magic but I was one of the weirdos that liked FF8.

You can even gain xp just from exploring. I usually play ffbe while auto driving somewhere.

Valentus

Valentus,

I don't have DC at ALL yet, so that is why I asked. I think I will use six of my moogles on Excalibur, PoC, and Bracer. I will save the other three for the future. Won't use any until they get to 80%. Alternatively, I could use most of them on DC for Refia, or let it continue to build in the TM farm the normal way. Would get DC around the same time as Champion Belt in probably a month or so... Like I said, will start knocking out MAG+30% after that to give some other characters a little more oomph once I have reached Dolphin status with Light.

Currently running Snow, Ludmille ( Both recently added and at less than 15%), Max, Gaf, and Cecil ( those three are around 60%)

Megan, finish that dualcast and stick it to refia... and if you want a little advice... stick that minerva bustier to refia too... you will see the big difference that is have a healer that is like a WALL. Lightning can survive with only black belt gi, and also +8 extra atk.

After that, prioritize Power of Creation... with a 175 base ATK Light, Power of creation will give her +53 ATK... after that prioritize the bracer or champion belt and lastly the excalibur.

You will see big difference with the secondary gear on a full pot'd unit than give it a big weapon.

Also, your refia with dualcast and minerva bustier is half way to be awesome. After you finish your lightning, i suggest focus in your refia.

Yes, that move wont let you brag about it in your friendlist, but, refia will help you to easy all the trials and you will feel better to can surpass content by yourself without struggle, and you will enjoy more the game.

Xion86

So my friend who I work with too started the game yesterday...he didn't quite get what I meant about rerolling I think and already started then linked his Facebook...fail. Oh well, I'll try give him as much tips as he can, think the best he has is Bartz.

(I never re rolled when I started on Global launch, didn't read about it until after, I went in and linked my Facebook straight away to make use of that feature...)

CCIE

Banned
Thanks Valentus! I guess 700 ATK Lightning will have to wait a few extra weeks, but Refia might have DC tomorrow... And I intend to put the Bustier on Refia, but this week am using on Lightning due to all the Lights in the Arena, and the inability to run DC with my mage team. She keeps getting targeted by the AI. Arena is a huge pain in the ass this week, once again.

And I agree with maxing out Refia second, except that I have a lot of single TM's there. Only one Leo, three Garnets, and three Charlotte. I think I will run the three Charlotte's and combine for equip shield (Refia) pretty quickly, then run Leo and the Garnets along with whatever high-end TM's I have by that time. I'm mostly using Lapis on dailies and TM farming instead of 11-pulls.

Still hope to have Lightning to 700 ATK in a few weeks, but I think DC is most important right now, especially to do the plant and dragon trials for the mace and helmet.

Valentus

So my friend who I work with too started the game yesterday...he didn't quite get what I meant about rerolling I think and already started then linked his Facebook...fail. Oh well, I'll try give him as much tips as he can, think the best he has is Bartz.

(I never re rolled when I started on Global launch, didn't read about it until after, I went in and linked my Facebook straight away to make use of that feature...)

give him my id so he can add me as friend. Luckily he can clear the past trials only with the friend unit.

Valentus

Thanks Valentus! I guess 700 ATK Lightning will have to wait a few extra weeks, but Refia might have DC tomorrow... And I intend to put the Bustier on Refia, but this week am using on Lightning due to all the Lights in the Arena, and the inability to run DC with my mage team. She keeps getting targeted by the AI. Arena is a huge pain in the ass this week, once again.

And I agree with maxing out Refia second, except that I have a lot of single TM's there. Only one Leo, three Garnets, and three Charlotte. I think I will run the three Charlotte's and combine for equip shield (Refia) pretty quickly, then run Leo and the Garnets along with whatever high-end TM's I have by that time. I'm mostly using Lapis on dailies and TM farming instead of 11-pulls.

Still hope to have Lightning to 700 ATK in a few weeks, but I think DC is most important right now, especially to do the plant and dragon trials for the mace and helmet.

with minerva bustier and melody of life, refia can get +50% fire/ice/lightning/wind resistance... and if you add force shield (fat chocobo) you can have +60% fire/ice/lightning 50% wind 20% holy/dark resistance total... that gamebreaker for arena.

When you finish your ATK TMs, my advice is that your next TM party should be 3 garnets and 2 charlottes.

When you finish one TM (lets say power of creation), replace maxwell for 1 garnet... when you finish the next one (bracer or champion belt) replace the unit for the second garnet... and so until all the party be replaced for the 3 garnets and the 2 charlottes.

CCIE

Banned
Question for the board.

I have a total of two ATK pots, and three mini ATK pots in my unit inventory. I've already maxed Light's pots so she cannot use them. I could wait for another physical DPS unit, but who knows when I'm going to draw one of those.

I could use on Bartz, or CoD ... or I could wait until drawing a Firion, Garland, Chizuru, or 5* base. Still, that is FIVE unit slots that are being taken up until that happens...

Thoughts?

Valentus

Like an analysis i did yesterday (bartz vs chizuru), chizuru 6stars (that will come this week... im pretty sure of it, unless gumi throws a global exclusive unit for holidays) with pots is an animal.

So if you plan to work on a chizuru, you should save the pots for her.

Alkez

Question for the board.

I have a total of two ATK pots, and three mini ATK pots in my unit inventory. I've already maxed Light's pots so she cannot use them. I could wait for another physical DPS unit, but who knows when I'm going to draw one of those.

I could use on Bartz, or CoD ... or I could wait until drawing a Firion, Garland, Chizuru, or 5* base. Still, that is FIVE unit slots that are being taken up until that happens...

Thoughts?

Cod imo. A lot of the ff events have human bosses so cod is really strong for those.

CCIE

Banned
I'd love to work on Chizuru - have to draw her first. I need her for BM to take Light into the high 700 ATK... She, Firion, and Garland have evaded me so far. I'm thinking I will see what the next few banners have to offer before making a decision there. Once I have the mace, I'm more inclined to use CoD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom