• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandte

I play since the swedish launch and consider myself a small pike with 150€+ spend.

My rainbows were

Duanne
Luneth
Gilgamesh
Arc
Majin Fina
Randy (only banner i wasn't able to get the 3*....how?

I went hard on the Lightning, Noctis and Yun Banner. Atm i really only want Noctis and maybe Ramza.

Azuran

Banned
In memoriam for the death of Troll Rainbows, how many have you guys historically pulled?

Out of 12 rainbows, I'm pretty sure I got:

Gilbert
Kefka
WoL

Only a 25% troll chance. Considering the expected trollcentage is 50% ... Lyrian, help. What metric do we use to measure expected vs. actual value?

I have gotten 5 rainbows so far in my FFBE career:

Chizuru
Warrior of Light
Golbez

Golbez was annoying but all of that happened before Lightning came around and since there weren't any base 5* at that time, I don't consider any of those trolls. Chizuru popping out was actually a great moment because it happened on the last day of her original banner.

After base 5* got added to the game, these were my rainbow pulls:

Elza
Lightning

Needless to say, those were great pulls. I haven't experienced a true troll Rainbow so far and probably never will considering I'm not planning on pulling anymore until the update lands.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Rainbow history is as follows:

Noctis Banner - Ramza

That's it lol.

Characters who can use multiple weapons types will be able to hit the cap even without stacking.

On top of that it's nice to have for doublehanders.

So where are you pulling this from. Only reason we know the limit is Cloud with Doublehand+ and stacking. No one else has hit it in JPN.

Assuming the max for DW, 160% from Materias(2 50s, 2 30s), Giglamesh Gloves(10%), Ruler Ring(15%), Ramze Chest(15%). Regardless of how hard you try, you'll fall short. Even adding on character passives, it won't be enough to reach 300%.

I'm sure Shouta can correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe if you want add in Exceed Rings(First one was just crafted, supposedly in JPN. Took 300+ Hero Rings)

creid

My initial 11 pull on GL launch day had a rainbow Exdeath that I still use to this day. Got a rainbow Vanille when going for Lightning, and a rainbow Leo at some point. I think that's it.

I have pulled 7 rainbows so far, with Lightning and Yun being my only legit ones. The others were all troll, including an Amarant, Golbez, Kefka, and Rosa.

But my worst, BY FAR, was a troll rainbow Charlotte on the banner in which I had already pulled 7 of her. That was brutal.

LucaMac

What did people choose for the peoples choice? Noctis I assume will be most peoples choice for 5*? Zidane for 3* for more dual wields? And maybe Refia for 4*?

I have all those but I'd prefer to add to what others want/need at this point, though I'd like a Greg I'd assume Noctis would win out. Shame Leon isn't available for 4*. I actually have all 4*s on the list bar Seven.

Lyrian

If 1st crystal has 5% chance of being rainbow and the other 10 have 1% chance of being rainbow then the chance of getting a rainbow is

1 - (0.95)*(0.99)^10 = 14%

That's where the "hell" the number comes from.

This is the correct calculation.

GL doesn't have stacking, the base will be harder to reach for that.

Bracers are a bit better. More ATK, More HP.

But the Ruler Ring is basically 80-90% of it. For none of the grind.

Bingo. Exactly this. Could have applied the TM credit towards something significantly useful than a marginally incremental upgrade over a craftable that I will be swimming in 3 days after the patch.

Welp, sunk costs are sunk costs. I'm over 90% on the bracer, so I might as well finish it out at this point.

I want Ramza and Ramza, and Ramza, and Ramza. That's my choice.

I have enough moogles to buy out the rest of my Brave Suit, if I wanted. Awfully tempted to do so...

In memoriam for the death of Troll Rainbows, how many have you guys historically pulled?

Out of 12 rainbows, I'm pretty sure I got:

Gilbert
Kefka
WoL

Only a 25% troll chance. Considering the expected trollcentage is 50% ... Lyrian, help. What metric do we use to measure expected vs. actual value?

I'm assuming that you are counting a troll as a 3 or 4* base that appears as a troll 5* and not an off-banner 5* base (this would be a good pull, perhaps?)?

The long-term expected off-banner rainbow rate is 50%, but the percentage of trolls is generally increasing over time as a proportion of the 50% miss rate. Over time, with increasing unit pools, the percentage of true 5*s from a off-banner rainbow becomes smaller and smaller as more potential troll crystals enter the summon pool.

The answer would depend at the point of time you pulled each rainbow and the number of potential units that were available at the time for each rainbow.

That said, if the summon change did not occur, the trend would be for more and more trolls to continually enter the summon pull as for every 1 true rainbow added, there are 2-3 potential trolls added with each and every banner.

(First one was just crafted, supposedly in JPN. Took 300+ Hero Rings)

Saw a post about that. That's crazy. Hard to derive what the actual drop rate on the components with a sample size of 1, but it seemed like the components from the higher trophy rings were increasingly rarer than earlier ones. However, that could have just been good/bad luck in play.

Still, it would be (virtually) impossible for anyone on Global to ever craft one of the Exceed Rings before the crafting time removal change happpens (it's 3 days per ring upgrade before then, correct?).

w2000

I was going to post about how I have never got a rainbow pull yet, but then happen to get my first today with the free ticket and the game decides to reward me with emperor so I'll be playing this game still. Both this game and KHUX were both killing me with the crap pulls lately. Also ended up with firion with the 1/2 price pull so now I just need to start tm farming after I finish leveling emperor

Alkez

So where are you pulling this from. Only reason we know the limit is Cloud with Doublehand+ and stacking. No one else has hit it in JPN.

Assuming the max for DW, 160% from Materias(2 50s, 2 30s), Giglamesh Gloves(10%), Ruler Ring(15%), Ramze Chest(15%). Regardless of how hard you try, you'll fall short. Even adding on character passives, it won't be enough to reach 300%.

I'm sure Shouta can correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe if you want add in Exceed Rings(First one was just crafted, supposedly in JPN. Took 300+ Hero Rings)

Eileen is the character I looked at. She has 110% worth of passives, and your total is 200%, so that's 310%. A bracer makes sense over a 5% ruler ring.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Eileen is the character I looked at. She has 110% worth of passives, and your total is 200%, so that's 310%. A bracer makes sense over a 5% ruler ring.

Her passive is for Lance. We do not have Greater Lance Mastery or at least I have yet to hear about it. You'll be stuck with 30%. So 290%

I'm assuming you're guessing. I'm basing mine on Giglamesh who typically has some of the best passives for multiple weapons, both of which do have Masteries already. Blade and Great Sword Mastery. I keep forgetting he can not equip Ramza's thing. So subtract 15%.

But using him, 40 and 20%, if we had sword mastery, it would be 40 and 30. Then 50+50. Or using Leon's TM. 40+30+50+50+30+30, 230 Involving all passives and materias. You have 10% for TM, 15% for Ring. 255%.

He can even fit one Exceed Ring on in place, since he can't wear clothes.

Alkez

Okay, now give me a build

What do you mean? I'm literally using your numbers from your build lool. There's no generic spear mastery but there's a tm that's the equivalent.

If you're talking the other two, Luneth is just your build less Genji Gloves (320%) and Gilgamesh is again, your build less Brave Suit (305%).

And both of those could have Dark Veritas' TM over atk +30% as well which is +30% for Gilgamesh and +15% for Luneth (cause you would sacrifice brave suit).

Edit: For reference.

160% from Materias(2 50s, 2 30s), Giglamesh Gloves(10%), Ruler Ring(15%), Ramze Chest(15%).

Edit No.2: Again, all of this is in the future, which is what I originally stated. The only point I was trying to make is that Lyrian didn't waste his time. In terms of TMs that would be good now sure, but unless he's struggling with content (which I don't believe he is) it's not a big deal.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
To be clear the crystal change is really just changing the base maximum to the base minimum.

So if a unit could hit 5*, even if it was a base 3*, you could pull it as a "rainbow." Not anymore.

Pachimari

Is it normal that I'm at the Dirnado region and still only have one esper in Siren?

Also I can farm Phantom Forest for mats I need to awoke my units again and again right?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Is it normal that I'm at the Dirnado region and still only have one esper in Siren?

Also I can farm Phantom Forest for mats I need to awoke my units again and again right?

Since Alkez already got you on the first question (you should at least have Ifrit, Shiva, and Ramuh at this point), on the 2nd let me just say yes you can farm Phantom Forest for green megacite, but the past 2-3 events have made megacites available at a super reasonable cost so it's probably worth it to save your NRG (and time) waiting for the next event to feature them.

Wazzy

Banned
I really hope I can pull a Noctis on People's Choice. Using friend units always makes it even worse since he is great.

Espers are unlocked seperately from the main story. Each has specific requirements to unlock their dungeon to fight them. The guide above should show you the order of events in towns to unlock the areas.

Valentus

Okay, now give me a build. Items and all.

Eileen:

Spear-Great Sword

60% passives
15% Brave Suit
50% exeed ring
10% genji glove
50% G.Sword Mastery
50% Earth Veritas TM
60% ATK+30% x2

295% ATK, without enhacements. With Enhacements, it would be 345%.

Edit: With 2 exeed ring:

60% passives
15% Brave Suit
100% exeed ring x2
50% G.Sword Mastery
50% Earth Veritas TM
30% ATK+30%

305% without enhacements.... but lets craft 2 exeed rings in the same lifetime xD

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Eileen:

Spear-Great Sword

60% passives
15% Brave Suit
50% exeed ring
10% genji glove
50% G.Sword Mastery
50% Earth Veritas TM
60% ATK+30% x2

295% ATK, without enhacements. With Enhacements, it would be 345%.

Edit: With 2 exeed ring:

60% passives
15% Brave Suit
100% exeed ring x2
50% G.Sword Mastery
50% Earth Veritas TM
30% ATK+30%

305% without enhacements.... but lets craft 2 exeed rings in the same lifetime xD

Thank you, what I wanted to see. So with Enhancements, she can crack it with excel rings and a bit above without.

Now, the other half is, isn't Cloud the only one who can crack both 300% builds. Doublehand(Equipment) + Passives? Or is that even possible. Since I'm wrong, I want to correct it.

I'm asking for myself, not Lyrian.

bryt

I've gotten 5 rainbows. All from tickets/dailies.

Duane
Luneth
Noctis
Noctis
Ace

Only 1 troll rainbow so pretty good.

Alkez

Thank you, what I wanted to see. So with Enhancements, she can crack it with excel rings and a bit above without.

Even without Exceed rings, with a ruler ring she hits 310%. His build is the same as yours.

For completion:

Luneth/Gilgamesh

Greatsword - Katana

130%/120% passives
50% G.Sword Mastery
50% Blade Mastery
30% ATK+30%
60% Dark Veritas TM
30% 2 x Ruler Ring (luneth)
25% Ruler Ring/Genji Gloves

350% / 335%

I wasn't just guessing as you put it (there wasn't really a need to be that derogatory :/ was just a discussion). I literally used your numbers from your build.

Even without Exceed rings, with a ruler ring she hits 310%. His build is the same as yours.

For completion:

Luneth/Gilgamesh

Greatsword - Katana

130%/120% passives
50% G.Sword Mastery
50% Blade Mastery
30% ATK+30%
60% Dark Veritas TM
30% 2 x Ruler Ring (luneth)
25% Ruler Ring/Genji Gloves

350% / 335%

I wasn't just guessing as you put it (there wasn't really a need to be that derogatory :/ was just a discussion). I literally used your numbers from your build.

Wouldn't it be better if Luneth had a Sword/GS with Leon TM instead of Blade Mastery since he has innate Sword mastery?

Valentus

Now, the other half is, isn't Cloud the only one who can crack both 300% builds. Doublehand(Equipment) + Passives? Or is that even possible. Since I'm wrong, I want to correct it.

I'm asking for myself, not Lyrian.

Cloud can reach the 300% doublehanded cap un global

100% doublehanded passive
100% cloud TM
50% doublehanded
50% ayaka? TM (acc gives doublehanded)

Alkez

Wouldn't it be better if Luneth had a Sword/GS with Leon TM instead of Blade Mastery since he has innate Sword mastery?

Sorry that was post enhancements. His sword mastery turns into anything that is sword like mastery.

I think it's the 5* that's on Cloud's banner, but it's not Ayaka (she's the healer I believe).

Also is it 300% of doublehand your allowed, or a flat 300 attack from doublehand? I'm confused as to how it works.

Valentus

Sorry that was post enhancements. His sword mastery turns into anything that is sword like mastery.

I think it's the 5* that's on Cloud's banner, but it's not Ayaka (she's the healer I believe).

Also is it 300% of doublehand your allowed, or a flat 300 attack from doublehand? I'm confused as to how it works.

Doublehanded gives +x% of all the flat atk (not percentual bonuses like Brave suit or Hero ring or +x% atk materias) your equipment have.

Example: you have excalibur (120 atk) and have true doublehanded (+100% all atk equipment) so, true doublehanded gives you +120 atk extra.

If your equipment IS:

Excalibur 120 atk
Dark helm 14 atk
Dark armor 10 atk
Bracer 30 atk
Bracer 30 atk

Total equip atk: 204 atk

True doublehanded gives you 204 extra atk.

If you have 300% doublehanded, then that 204 extra atk is instead 612 atk

Plus the base 204 atk, cloud has 816 atk... And only in equipment. We still havent talked about base atk, and materias.

Its just insane

Alkez

Doublehanded gives +x% of all the flat atk (not percentual bonuses like Brave suit or Hero ring or +x% atk materias) your equipment have.

Example: you have excalibur (120 atk) and have true doublehanded (+100% all atk equipment) so, true doublehanded gives you +120 atk extra.

If your equipment IS:

Excalibur 120 atk
Dark helm 14 atk
Dark armor 10 atk
Bracer 30 atk
Bracer 30 atk

Total equip atk: 204 atk

True doublehanded gives you 204 extra atk.

If you have 300% doublehanded, then that 204 extra atk is instead 612 atk

Plus the base 204 atk, cloud has 816 atk... And only in equipment. We still havent talked about base atk, and materias.

Its just insane

Ah I see, thanks. I was wondering how people were getting their attacks so high.

Btw the name of the character with the other doublehand TM (accessory) is Elfried.

Ohhhhhh I didn't know that....very nice! Thanks for info, I haven't paid much attention to enhancements since they may not even be the same when we get them.

bonkeng

LTTP but here's my Rainbow history:
1. Lightning
2. WoL
3. Delita
4. Ramza
5. Garnet
6. Ramza
7. Cecil
8. Ramza
9. Elza
10.DKC
11.Lightning
12.Gilgamesh
13.Noctis
14.Yun
15.Randi
16.Yun

How I got them:
Dailies = 3
Tickets = 5
5k pull = 8

13/16 legit Rainbow. My rate is 81%.

wilstreak

1. Lightning
2. WoL
3. Delita
4. Ramza
5. Garnet
6. Ramza
7. Cecil
8. Ramza
9. Elza
10.DKC
11.Lightning
12.Gilgamesh
13.Noctis
14.Yun
15.Randi
16.Yun

How I got them:
Dailies = 3
Tickets = 5
5k pull = 8

Wow, thats quite good rate
i think my rainbow went like this ;
1. WoL (before base 5* released)
2. Duane
3. DKC
4. Lightning
5. Artemios
6. Randi
7. Mercedes
8. Emperor

50% is a troll. So the new system will be a godsend. I hope i can at least pull Noctis in the next 6 month.

fionel

1. Lightning
2. WoL
3. Delita
4. Ramza
5. Garnet
6. Ramza
7. Cecil
8. Ramza
9. Elza
10.DKC
11.Lightning
12.Gilgamesh
13.Noctis
14.Yun
15.Randi
16.Yun

How I got them:
Dailies = 3
Tickets = 5
5k pull = 8

.... when I see posts like this I ponder if I am cursed or something.

JP player from day 1 (486th day counting) and have only gotten 5 rainbows.

Before gacha change
1. Gafgarion (daily)
2. Queen (daily)

After gacha change
3. Balthier (5k pull)
4. Folren (same 5k pull)
5. Ramza (10th pull from burning tickets for Noctis)

Granted I never paid a dime for this game, but still my luck with pulls is just horrible.

Alkez

Ohhhhhh I didn't know that....very nice! Thanks for info, I haven't paid much attention to enhancements since they may not even be the same when we get them.

Ah yeah that's a good point actually. They're changing characters, even tms now, no reason to assume we'll get the same enhancements. Definitely something I'll consider going forward.

I just like theory crafting and planning teams which is why I pay attention to it. As sad as it is I find it quite fun lol.

NomarTyme

My rainbow history...

Exdeath (10+1) pull in the 1st Lightning banner.
Zidane (single ticket pull when this game launched)

Easy to remember!

bonkeng

Cloud can reach the 300% doublehanded cap un global

100% doublehanded passive
100% cloud TM
50% doublehanded

Elfried's TM.

Ayaka's a healer, she has no business Dualhanding anything.

Wow, thats quite good rate
i think my rainbow went like this ;
1. WoL (before base 5* released)
2. Duane
3. DKC
4. Lightning
5. Artemios
6. Randi
7. Mercedes
8. Emperor

50% is a troll. So the new system will be a godsend. I hope i can at least pull Noctis in the next 6 month.

Funny thing, I've never pulled a Rainbow pre 5* base.

Yeah, getting the crystal change will truly be a Godsend. Any 5* base is better than a troll Raksasha, Duane or Gilbert.

.... when I see posts like this I ponder if I am cursed or something.

JP player from day 1 (486th day counting) and have only gotten 5 rainbows.

Before gacha change
1. Gafgarion (daily)
2. Queen (daily)

After gacha change
3. Balthier (5k pull)
4. Folren (same 5k pull)
5. Ramza (10th pull from burning tickets for Noctis)

Granted I never paid a dime for this game, but still my luck with pulls is just horrible.

At least you're still f2p. So it doesn't hurt as much as when you paid for the pulls and got less or even nothing.

Ken

my rainbow history since i started in december

noctis from rerolling an account on his banner
white knight noel from like my second ticket on his banner
randi from tickets

hasn't really been anything since i started playing that i wanted to 10+1 pull for yet

leehom

Was going to wait to buy Horizon, but might buy it day one now. No rush to play console games because I prefer to spend my time finishing my degree.

across

- Got a 5* Chizuru when rerolling.
- 2x 10+1 pulls + 45 tickets on the Ramza side of FFT resulted in no Ramza and one Agrias. The next daily pull was Ramza.
- 4x 10+1 pulls + 20-odd tickets on the Noctis banner got me 5* Celes.
- Daily pull + 3 tickets got me Randi.

I don't have much faith in 10+1s. Especially off-banner ones. But hey, free is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom