• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

So where are you pulling this from. Only reason we know the limit is Cloud with Doublehand+ and stacking. No one else has hit it in JPN.

Assuming the max for DW, 160% from Materias(2 50s, 2 30s), Giglamesh Gloves(10%), Ruler Ring(15%), Ramze Chest(15%). Regardless of how hard you try, you'll fall short. Even adding on character passives, it won't be enough to reach 300%.

I'm sure Shouta can correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe if you want add in Exceed Rings(First one was just crafted, supposedly in JPN. Took 300+ Hero Rings)

Randi can hit the Doublehand stacking cap and can get pretty close to the stat cap in JP

100% Stat + 100% Equipment from Hero of the Mana Sword +2
10% stat from Bonds of Mana
100% EQ from Buster Form from Cloud
100% EQ from Martial Gloves x2 from Elfried
120% stat from Defense Instinct x3 (40% each) from Yamata no Orochi

for 300% Equipment and 230% Stat boosts.

For Cloud, optimal would probably be

100% Equipment from Vanguard
30% from Soldier 1st Class
100% from Buster Form from cloud
100% from Martial Gloves x2 from Elfried
150% Stats from Dark Knight Soul x3

That's 300% EQ and 180% stat

You might be able to squeeze a bit more if you used Exceed rings to get a higher percentage but you'd lose out in attack in actuality, I think.

Considering damage variance on 2H weapons now, it might also be worth dropping 20% stat boosts to go with the Revolver Saw great sword instead but I'd need to see how that calculates before saying it would be better.

For Global, you'd need to replace the stacked ones with something else.

bonkeng

Was going to wait to buy Horizon, but might buy it day one now. No rush to play console games because I prefer to spend my time finishing my degree.

I'm going to buy the Pro bundled with Horizon. Been waiting for this game for a long time.

The review only hyped it more for me :/

- Got a 5* Chizuru when rerolling.
- 2x 10+1 pulls + 45 tickets on the Ramza side of FFT resulted in no Ramza and one Agrias. The next daily pull was Ramza.
- 4x 10+1 pulls + 20-odd tickets on the Noctis banner got me 5* Celes.
- Daily pull + 3 tickets got me Randi.

I don't have much faith in 10+1s. Especially off-banner ones. But hey, free is free.

Ouch. Good thing it worked out in the end.

I wish I could remember my troll rainbows.

My legit ones are now Yun, Emperor, and Marie.

Bunch of bull before all that. And around Christmas is when I started spending some money on the game to get units.

So I never attempted Noctis, etc. That's why I really want him back as Player choice! Tho I'll take any of the others as well.

Rainbow List:

Noctis
Lightning
Lightning
DKC
Ramza
Ramza
Elza
Gilgamesh
Demon Rain
Emperor

Troll rainbows:

It totals 6 or 8. Real talk, I try to forget about them. It hurts too much.

Lyrian

Totally OT, but the horizon review thread if fucking hilarious

I spent way much time watching that thread devolve into madness.

Classic Gaming-side NeoGAF at its "finest". You've reached peak Gaming-side GAF when the custom GIFs start entering the thread, lol.

Need more popcorn, stat.

Lyrian

And slightly early ahead of schedule, the threads on "people should reroll for Noctis on Thursday" have already started.

/slowclap-into-facepalm

It's going to be a looooooooong two weeks.

Coming Soon Next Week: "If you had only rerolled for Noctis, you would have been able to beat the Gilgamesh trial". (likely factually inaccurate, but it's going to happen for sure)

bonkeng

And slightly early ahead of schedule, the threads on "people should reroll for Noctis on Thursday" have already started.

/slowclap-into-facepalm

It's going to be a looooooooong two weeks.

Coming Soon Next Week: "If you had only rerolled for Noctis, you would have been able to beat the Gilgamesh trial". (likely factually inaccurate, but it's going to happen for sure)

To be fair, this does seem to be the best and fastest time to reroll. Just click on 10+1 pull, do it over and over again.

across

The thought of rerolling fills me with dread. Reading Pachimari's posts and remembering the grim days of low energy caps, no event gear, low material caps...

No thanks. Ain't enough Noctii in the world for that nonsense.

Lyrian

To be fair, this does seem to be the best and fastest time to reroll. Just click on 10+1 pull, do it over and over again.

Yeah if you're new or just started and don't have a desirable unit the 11 pull is probably a perfect time to reroll. Outside of that though....nah.

That is true, but how many are actually new players at this point? The Ariana players? Rerolling and losing Ariana is probably a no-go for that crowd. Still, objectively speaking, it is an ideal time for re-rolling assuming their account is still very fresh.

The idea is getting a lot of pushback already, which is surprising for Reddit.

Random thought: Over/under on Gilgamesh trial being buffed to a higher difficulty than JP, only for Gumi to release Orlandu as the "solution" to the trial? Seems plausible.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Randi can hit the Doublehand stacking cap and can get pretty close to the stat cap in JP

100% Stat + 100% Equipment from Hero of the Mana Sword +2
10% stat from Bonds of Mana
100% EQ from Buster Form from Cloud
100% EQ from Martial Gloves x2 from Elfried
120% stat from Defense Instinct x3 (40% each) from Yamata no Orochi

for 300% Equipment and 230% Stat boosts.

For Cloud, optimal would probably be

100% Equipment from Vanguard
30% from Soldier 1st Class
100% from Buster Form from cloud
100% from Martial Gloves x2 from Elfried
150% Stats from Dark Knight Soul x3

That's 300% EQ and 180% stat

You might be able to squeeze a bit more if you used Exceed rings to get a higher percentage but you'd lose out in attack in actuality, I think.

Considering damage variance on 2H weapons now, it might also be worth dropping 20% stat boosts to go with the Revolver Saw great sword instead but I'd need to see how that calculates before saying it would be better.

For Global, you'd need to replace the stacked ones with something else.

Would explain why Randi is higher on Atlema then. Danke.

Lyrian: The very first comment on that thread though is basically calling it out, saying you lose everything. All the event weapons, TMs, etc. Where it is a fairly stupid idea. So I do think it is a few people with a hard on for Noctis than anything else. As said, unless you're really new, not worth it.

Shouta

Would explain why Randi is higher on Atlema then. Danke.

Lyrian: The very first comment on that thread though is basically calling it out, saying you lose everything. All the event weapons, TMs, etc. Where it is a fairly stupid idea. So I do think it is a few people with a hard on for Noctis than anything else. As said, unless you're really new, not worth it.

Well, Altema is just a user ranking site when you boil it down. So it's just a matter of how many people are willing to put in a review of the unit. The analysis is one and done usually and divorced from the rankings.

Depending on where the damage variance from 2H only weapons comes into play when calculating damage, Cloud might be a much more powerful character than people will expect.

bonkeng

That is true, but how many are actually new players at this point? The Ariana players? Rerolling and losing Ariana is probably a no-go for that crowd. Still, objectively speaking, it is an ideal time for re-rolling assuming their account is still very fresh.

The idea is getting a lot of pushback already, which is surprising for Reddit.

Random thought: Over/under on Gilgamesh trial being buffed to a higher difficulty than JP, only for Gumi to release Orlandu as the "solution" to the trial? Seems plausible.

Yeah, I'm talking about new players, if they've played for a month or less, then rerolling for 2 to 3 5* bases is really possible. The game still gives 5+ tickets and 1 daily pull. So each reroll is around 20 pulls.

Again, this is super great only for the new players.

tuffymon

Just this week alone we've had a few people speak up that started within the last 2 weeks. So we do get new people... if I recall... most of them rerolled until they actually got Noctis anyways /shrug

Celegus

I've been playing since Sept. 1 and have had 3 rainbows.

1. Noctis
2. Yun
3. Ace

Soooooooooooooo

Heck yeah Panther, also 3/3 but my third was Marie instead of Ace (and I also started at launch). I also haven't spent a cent, so yeah I've gotten pretty lucky.

Just beat FF XV tonight, what a weird weird game. Started and ended strong but it really lost the plot through the middle. It was enjoyable to play though, so I'll probably keep at it and go for the platinum.

bonkeng

Just this week alone we've had a few people speak up that started within the last 2 weeks. So we do get new people... if I recall... most of them rerolled until they actually got Noctis anyways /shrug

I noticed that too. In the end, it balanced out the quitters.

Lyrian

Yeah, I'm talking about new players, if they've played for a month or less, then rerolling for 2 to 3 5* bases is really possible. The game still gives 5+ tickets and 1 daily pull. So each reroll is around 20 pulls.

Again, this is super great only for the new players.

Looking back at the thread, it is has really blown up over the last hour in regard to pushback to the idea. Impressive for r/FFBE.

Duly noted and moving on from that topic.

Mechanics question:

Bracer vs. Champion Belt: In most situations, would anyone agree that the 15% HP from the bracer is generally superior to the 30 DEF on the belt? Logic being, HP is a more universal benefit for a unit as it counters all damage types while DEF only works against physical attacks. That make sense?

bonkeng

Mechanics question:

Bracer vs. Champion Belt: In most situations, would anyone agree that the 15% HP from the bracer is generally superior to the 30 DEF on the belt? Logic being, HP is a more universal benefit for a unit as it counters all damage types while DEF only works against physical attacks. That make sense?

Yep, Bracer is the best 30 atk acc IMO, due to the 15% hp.

Out of the 3 +30 atk acc that's been released in GL, I'd rate it this way:

1. Bracer
2. Celestial Gloves
3. Champions Belt

Celegus

That's assuming you're not wearing a fist weapon right? Surely the belt would be far better if you're punching things. And speaking of which my only Gaff is at 98% right now, everyone else in the group is almost 50%.

bonkeng

That's assuming you're not wearing a fist weapon right? Surely the belt would be far better if you're punching things. And speaking of which my only Gaff is at 98% right now, everyone else in the group is almost 50%.

Yes of course. But how many units can actually take advantage of fist types?

Compared to Bracer, which can be used by all physical dps units, Champions Belt is just plain inferior.

Celestial Gloves is unique, because mages, healers and tank can also benefit from the +30 mag, def and spr.

eggydoo

Man reading the amount of troll rainbows makes me think I've been somewhat lucky.

I've only hit two troll rainbows ever and one wasn't bad.

Got a rainbow zidane and juggler.
The other 3 rainbows I've ever pulled were 5 base characters.

Muku

I feel insane. But maybe it's good future proofing? Shit, I dunno. But I just bought a bunch of Unit slots all at once. It's usually been a slow process over time. And while I spent a bunch, because I've saved so much it didn't feel so bad.

I went ahead and bought a few more things with Candy. HP 15% because why not. Also bought Primm's claws because I feel like when I go to finish work on her soon she'll at least have her own instead of stealing the limited stock of what I have. Plus has MAG on it for her. Might be tempted to play with her a bit to see how she might work into my groups from time to time as well. Then I had left over candy and figured what the hell with buying the cheap Mana's Protection and Mana's Blessing. Placed on Cecil and Refia. Then I did my big purchase of all ONE HUNDRED Cactaur. >_> C'mon game give me someone to use them on instead of wasting. I couldn't go a third Mog King event and let them rot. So I bought them all...

...then I just proceeded to buy 80 spaces so that I can actually go run shit. LOL. I'm keeping them for when I maybe
LOL not really
get lucky this week with Crystal change.

Shouta

Thank goodness for the extra infusion of Lapis (from the JP giveaways) and my high stamina.

I managed to complete 3 TMRs since Friday so far. Granted, I also had a head start on them because of dupes but I got Dualcast from Ludmille, Bentous (125 attack Wind Spear w/Auto shell) from Aria, Revolver Saw (2H 130 Great sword) from Conrad.

I fused some of the ones I was planning on doing but decided not to. I just now have a 2nd Dual Wield and William's TMR (40% MAG/20% DEF with a rod equipped) to do and my multiple copies backlog should be done. Then it's on to the ones I want multiples of like Spear Mastery. =(

tuffymon

Thank goodness for the extra infusion of Lapis (from the JP giveaways) and my high stamina.

I managed to complete 3 TMRs since Friday so far. Granted, I also had a head start on them because of dupes but I got Dualcast from Ludmille, Bentous (125 attack Wind Spear w/Auto shell) from Aria, Revolver Saw (2H 130 Great sword) from Conrad.

I fused some of the ones I was planning on doing but decided not to. I just now have a 2nd Dual Wield and William's TMR (40% MAG/20% DEF with a rod equipped) to do and my multiple copies backlog should be done. Then it's on to the ones I want multiples of like Spear Mastery. =(

Very nice. It always feels good when Tm's get completed. I'm 3.6% away from a Leon and an Excalibur finished two hours ago.

Pejo

Troll Rainbows, huh? I think I've had 2-3. Nothing hurt worse than going for Randi and getting Rainbow Snow though.

My 5* bases I've gotten were:

-DKC
-Luneth
-Gilgamesh
-Elza

These were all lucky, and I got either on a single 10+1 or 10+1 and some tickets

Then there was the "Noctis hunt". Truthfully the only time I ever really whaled in a game of any kind.

During that, I got:

-2 Delita
-Ramza
-Dupe Luneth
-Finally Noctis after spending WAY too much.

I'm not proud of it, and it still sucks to think about how much I spent for some pixels, but whatever. I had the money to do it, but I learned a lesson to never go down that rabbit hole again.

Anyways, since then, I struck out on all my tickets (40 some) and 3 10+1 pulls on Randi, the first banner I really pulled on since Noct. No dice, but a single 10+1 on FF2 got me an Emp, then I got a dupe Emp the next day on Daily.

I hate that the luck always strikes me for characters I don't really care about.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh wow TM farming is way more tolerable with NOX and the speed run linked by msteven which thanks again!. I'm running two Cecils, Miyuki and two Zidanes as my TM focus. Once they're complete I'll start Ramza, Snow, Chizuru and Gaffgirion.

Muku

Daily summon a unit. ... I was going to do Arena summon but then suckered myself into a 1/2. What a piece of shit. Cyan. Just recently sold the one I'd compiled since forever. After reading how awful that Evade was I couldn't keep him. His dumb ass was just sold again.

Alkez

Needed one more Cupid Luna for ultimate ling set up. Got regular Luna...Again. Why can I never pull banner units??

Valentus

Yep, Bracer is the best 30 atk acc IMO, due to the 15% hp.

Out of the 3 +30 atk acc that's been released in GL, I'd rate it this way:

1. Bracer
2. Celestial Gloves
3. Champions Belt

Celestial gloves are damn good only for Noctis because in physical attackers its just like Champion belt, and units like yun or firion Champion belt is better.

And in 6 star wizzards c.glove dont even give more mag than an earring.

I think celestial glove is overrated and its an ítem just fit for Noctis.

Prototype

Decided to spend one of the tickets I've been saving since I was still buzzing from pulling Celes and ended up getting Vaan. Didn't have him, so that's nice.

bonkeng

Celestial gloves are damn good only for Noctis because in physical attackers its just like Champion belt, and units like yun or firion Champion belt is better.

And in 6 star wizzards c.glove dont even give more mag than an earring.

I think celestial glove is overrated and its an ítem just fit for Noctis.

Between Celestial Gloves and Champions Belt, I'll give the slight edge to the gloves, just for the fact that more units can use it. Champions Belt only truly shines when combined with Knuckle units.

Overall, Champions Belt (+30 atk/def) will always be inferior to the Bracer (+30atk +15%hp) and Gloves (+30 atk/mag/def/spr).

Alkez

So many tickets spent :/ finally got a second Cupid Luna, but the price was paid. From 53 tickets to 38. Me and banner units...

Oh wow TM farming is way more tolerable with NOX and the speed run linked by msteven which thanks again!. I'm running two Cecils, Miyuki and two Zidanes as my TM focus. Once they're complete I'll start Ramza, Snow, Chizuru and Gaffgirion.

hopefully the new update doesnt bork all our tm macros lol

Royce McCutcheon

It's hard deciding what to TM after getting the big 3, gotta focus on individual people now. I cant decide between getting 3 amarants for cecil done *30%hp* or 2 championship belts and Yuns crimson armor. So many I want to do.

Alkez

I remember reading somewhere that in JP recently there was an update where you can trade in your 100% TM'd units for something. Can any JP players confirm if this is real or not please? I'm not sure if I misread something, and I can't seem to find any information on it.

H3xum

I remember reading somewhere that in JP recently there was an update where you can trade in your 100% TM'd units for something. Can any JP players confirm if this is real or not please? I'm not sure if I misread something, and I can't seem to find any information on it.

It was an announcement that they're working on a system for it, nothing is in place so far.

Can I take advantage of the Amazon coin thing if I am on iOS? Sorry if this has been answered a million times. I am considering spending money on the game for the first time ever (assuming the players choice banner is legit). I am just sick of not having any 5* base. It'll be either my going out in a blaze of glory moment or my welcome back moment

Can I take advantage of the Amazon coin thing if I am on iOS? Sorry if this has been answered a million times. I am considering spending money on the game for the first time ever (assuming the players choice banner is legit). I am just sick of not having any 5* base. It'll be either my going out in a blaze of glory moment or my welcome back moment

You can, but there's a hitch. If you buy the lapis via Amazon, you can only access those lapis via an Adroid device. It won't show up in your iOS game. You can spend the lapis on stuff like 11 pulls and whatever you actually pull will show up just fine in iOS, just not the lapis itself. Same is true for slots, chests that get delivered to your mailbox, etc.

So as long as you have access to an Android device and don't mind having two separate pools of lapis, you can use the Amazon coin "discount".

Alkez

It was an announcement that they're working on a system for it, nothing is in place so far.

Ah I see, thanks. I was losing my mind trying to find the information lol. So I guess we should consider holding on to our 100% units if we have the space then?

Flambe

At work, missed the great Rainbow memories but here are mine..

Golbez
Locke
Kuja
Vaan
Exdeath
Kefka
Hayate
Tellah
Seria
Vanille

And the good stuff..

Lightning
Noctis
Greg

ehh TMs

Ramza
DKC
Delita

So not a great percentage and I won't even get into fucking troll Golds but eh I'm happy where I'm at, despite minor dolphining. Especially on fucking Noctis =|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom