• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceir

Bracer vs. Champion Belt: In most situations, would anyone agree that the 15% HP from the bracer is generally superior to the 30 DEF on the belt? Logic being, HP is a more universal benefit for a unit as it counters all damage types while DEF only works against physical attacks. That make sense?

Right now in JP Champion Belt > Bracer by far. There's knuckle mastery and 145 atk knuckles in the form of trial rewards and you'll be able to get equip knuckles materia via a storage key, so you could give the knuckles setup to pretty much any unit you want.

bonkeng

At work, missed the great Rainbow memories but here are mine..

Golbez
Locke
Kuja
Vaan
Exdeath
Kefka
Hayate
Tellah
Seria
Vanille

And the good stuff..

Lightning
Noctis
Greg

ehh TMs

Ramza
DKC
Delita

So not a great percentage and I won't even get into fucking troll Golds but eh I'm happy where I'm at, despite minor dolphining. Especially on fucking Noctis =|

Wow, that's a lot of Rainbows you got. 10 trolls and only 6 legits. But who cares, you got the Prince.

And it's great to know that from tomorrow onwards, no one will suffer a Rainbow Troll ever again.

Right now in JP Champion Belt > Bracer by far. There's knuckle mastery and 145 atk knuckles in the form of trial rewards and you'll be able to get equip knuckles materia via a storage key, so you could give the knuckles setup to pretty much any unit you want.

Even in GL, Champions Belt is also the best if we're talking about individual units. But realistically, how many units in a party can we fully equip with these knuckles setup in JP? How many Knuckle Mastery are we talking about in JP? Is it from TM or reward? I haven't gotten to know much about JP's equipments and materias yet.

Bracer doesn't need any specific equipments and it gives HP too. So imo, it's more versatile. If we are min-maxing a single unit, then CB is clearly better.

H3xum

You can, but there's a hitch. If you buy the lapis via Amazon, you can only access those lapis via an Adroid device. It won't show up in your iOS game. You can spend the lapis on stuff like 11 pulls and whatever you actually pull will show up just fine in iOS, just not the lapis itself. Same is true for slots, chests that get delivered to your mailbox, etc.

So as long as you have access to an Android device and don't mind having two separate pools of lapis, you can use the Amazon coin "discount".

Can I do it through Nox?

I'm paralyzed on which TMs to start next, too many choices. Working on 2x Bracers and Garnet now. Guess I'll throw some Luna in there to get rid of the 5 I have for Barrage (that I'll never use).

Alkez

Even in GL, Champions Belt is also the best if we're talking about individual units. But realistically, how many units in a party can we fully equip with these knuckles setup in JP? How many Knuckle Mastery are we talking about in JP? Is it from TM or reward? I haven't gotten to know much about JP's equipments and materias yet.

Bracer doesn't need any specific equipments and it gives HP too. So imo, it's more versatile. If we are min-maxing a single unit, then CB is clearly better.

Knuckle Mastery, along with the knuckles Visceir spoke of, are obtained from the Robot Trial. So there's only one atm.

bonkeng

Knuckle Mastery, along with the knuckles Visceir spoke of, are obtained from the Robot Trial. So there's only one atm.

That's what I thought.

So realistically, only 1 unit can be optimally equipped with a knuckle set-up.

Besides, if we're talking about JP, Bracer is already made obsolete there by Desch's earrings.

I'm paralyzed on which TMs to start next, too many choices. Working on 2x Bracers and Garnet now. Guess I'll throw some Luna in there to get rid of the 5 I have for Barrage (that I'll never use).

I think there was a good mantra for TM order in here

Focus on making one unit and god and feeding the leftovers to other units along the chain

Focus on making one unit and god and feeding the leftovers to other units along the chain

That. But you can break up the monotony by TMing units you have 5+ of to get one more quickly. It's how I got my Minerva Bustier, Aegis Shield, Kaiser Knuckles, and Magi Staff.

Alkez

That. But you can break up the monotony by TMing units you have 5+ of to get one more quickly. It's how I got my Minerva Bustier, Aegis Shield, Kaiser Knuckles, and Magi Staff.

Yeah it's what I'm doing atm. Need to free up some unit space. It's nice to get a tm every 4-5 days. Feels like you're getting somewhere, even if it's almost useless (just got Sazh's tm for no real reason lol).

So TMR advice

Get Dual Weild/Dual Cast asap

Grind Dupes and good tms that you can get FAST from copies of 4-5 units

5 units can combine at 16% for a TM. Thats like 2 weeks of overnights or a few days of refills

4 units at 22% roughly, 3 units at 33%, 2 units at 47.5%

Single tmrs of the BIG TMRs suppliment with Moogles

In fact all your moogles should only go to BIG single tmrs that you cant get dupes of easily

tuffymon

Dark Knight Soul obtained! Now to use blood weapon and my kraken club... wait wrong game... +70 attack swapping dks over a 10% attack, was beautiful~

That's pretty much what I did. Noctis will be about as high as I can get him w/ 2x Bracers. Other than that I have some weapons, but I think Sakura/Excal is about as high as we can get right now.

Was working on Refia right now, but she doesn't require as much. Got her Magi staff and Lordly robe....then Garnet for elemental stuff.

Razmos

Can anyone give me a rundown of what has been announced and why everyone is so excited?

I heard something about a new unit, free pulls, Odin and crystal changes?

Anyone care to elaborate? Tried looking through the reddit but ain't nobody got time fo' dat

bonkeng

Can anyone give me a rundown of what has been announced and why everyone is so excited?

I heard something about a new unit, free pulls, Odin and crystal changes?

Anyone care to elaborate? Tried looking through the reddit but ain't nobody got time fo' dat

1. Crystal Change (Blue = 3* base, Gold = 4* base, Rainbow = 5* base)

2. Free 10+1 pull after maintenance

3. Bunch of UI improvements

4. New Rings from achievements

5. Zoldaad Part 3 with Odin Esper

Coppanuva

So for this 10+1 is there any point in waiting to use it? I know it said rate ups don't apply, but if I wait until March 8 will I be able to pull any newly added units at a non-adjusted rate, or will they be unavailable?

So for this 10+1 is there any point in waiting to use it? I know it said rate ups don't apply, but if I wait until March 8 will I be able to pull any newly added units at a non-adjusted rate, or will they be unavailable?

You should be able to pull any units in the pool at that time outside of any limited ones, they just don't have any form of rate up.

That thread over on reddit about the Gilgamesh trial has me hyped.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5v49vh/strategies_for_gilgamesh_trial/

I have so many different ways to approach this but I've kind of done something that you wouldn't have expected.....I haven't leveled my Rain at all and I don't think I'll be able to before the trial launches lol and it appears I don't have the wind dagger as well so yeah.......Yes I'm full aware that it's not going anywhere but as many of us here want to get it done immediately I'll have to improvise. Rain covers 4 elements if geared properly so I'll have to improvise.

Units that I'm thinking about using are:

Snow/Cecil
Ling
Noctis
Greg
Refia
Emperor (if I can get his HP high enough and keep his mag at a lvl)
Mercedes
Bartz
Rain if I can somehow get him to max 6*

Pretty standard fair but I have to figure out elements and weapons which I will do when I'm not at work. Bartz and Rain are great units to use for those who don't have uber 5*'s. Knowing Valentus he will show how to do the trial using friend point units :)
I can't wait to give it a shot.

Also although we do not have genji shield or that other thing that grants immunity to Death spell I think 3 units with max dodge may be able to cheese this. Noct, Ling, and Lightning. Going to see what I can come up with lol.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Looking over the mats, I got enough to make 4 Ruler Rings and 1 Monarch right now.

Thank you events. I'll replace my muscle belts with Monarch Rings. 5DEF/5SPR, Same HP. So change really, but the additional 10% MP on my Tank will be nice.

Looking over the mats, I got enough to make 4 Ruler Rings and 1 Monarch right now.

Thank you events. I'll replace my muscle belts with Monarch Rings. 5DEF/5SPR, Same HP. So change really, but the additional 10% MP on my Tank will be nice.

Where are the recipes?
I have 51 trophies unlocked, so I should get a couple of the recipes right away.

Razmos

1. Crystal Change (Blue = 3* base, Gold = 4* base, Rainbow = 5* base)

2. Free 10+1 pull after maintenance

3. Bunch of UI improvements

4. New Rings from achievements

5. Zoldaad Part 3 with Odin Esper
Wonderful, thank you.
Do we know what any of the UI improvement are?

Xion86

How are you guys finding out what your past Rainbows were? :p is it listed anywhere? Been playing since launch so there is no way I can remember them all haha, not sure what my first one was now either.

How are you guys finding out what your past Rainbows were? :p is it listed anywhere? Been playing since launch so there is no way I can remember them all haha, not sure what my first one was now either.

Just memory, looking at my current 6* units, and realizing that there's no way I'd level a Gilbert to 5*.

Ingrained in my mind.....I actually can remember my Troll's easier than my non trolls even though I wish to forget them.

Alkez

That comment lol.

DM7azcWl.png

Celegus

Pretty easy when you've only had 3!

Daily edge, let's see if I can go the whole time without a banner unit! I'm pumped for the Gilgamesh trial too, hopefully it's soon!

Lyrian

That epic fail when you realize that Ruler Rings require Fire Megacrysts and you crafted all of them into Hero Rings from the LNY event. /facepalm

Welp, I guess that give me a reason to get off my ass and farm Surging Volcano for Fire Megas before Thursady (and finish leveling Firion).

That comment lol.

DM7azcWl.png

He/She's not wrong...

Only thing I hate in the Arena moreso than Cecils and teams with 3+ Noctii.

Pejo

Man I am so pumped for Odin. I've been running a pure physical team forever now, and the esper selection has been kinda meh past Ifrit. I am going to miss free Imperil thanks to Shiva though.

Usually I run:

Carby - Refia
Ifrit - Noctis
Golem - Cecil or Gilgamesh (depending if I need a tank or not)
Diabolos - Luneth
Shiva - CoD

I hate that the 2 killers are the only thing that makes Diabolos good for melee users. I wish he'd have been stat neutral instead of attack deficient.

Lyrian

Robot trial is like what.... 6 months away still for Global?

That's plenty of time to farm up a Champion Belt by then.

Man I am so pumped for Odin. I've been running a pure physical team forever now, and the esper selection has been kinda meh past Ifrit. I am going to miss free Imperil thanks to Shiva though.

Usually I run:

Carby - Refia
Ifrit - Noctis
Golem - Cecil or Gilgamesh (depending if I need a tank or not)
Diabolos - Luneth
Shiva - CoD

I hate that the 2 killers are the only thing that makes Diabolos good for melee users. I wish he'd have been stat neutral instead of attack deficient.

I would say we have a 99.9% chance of only getting 1* Odin on this update so I am not sure how helpful he will actually be until next month.

Lyrian

Why don't we have a maintenance time window yet?

Kind of strange being ~36 hours (or less) away from the major patch.

Rixa

8 Rainbows:

Golbez
Gilgamesh
Snow
Lightning
Noctis
Noctis
Ace
Refia

3/8 were trolls.

Why don't we have a maintenance time window yet?

Kind of strange being ~36 hours (or less) away from the major patch.

I was wondering this too. "Where the heck is info about maintenance".

Lyrian

I would say we have a 99.9% chance of only getting 1* Odin on this update so I am not sure how helpful he will actually be until next month.

Sad, but true.

1* Odin has okay-ish stats (not horrible), but all of his abilities that are actually useful are locked away until the next island release beyond Zoldaad (Gumi could surprise us, but very highly unlikely as this is baked into story mode in JP).

So TMR advice

5 units can combine at 16% for a TM. Thats like 2 weeks of overnights or a few days of refills

In fact all your moogles should only go to BIG single tmrs that you cant get dupes of easily

Thanks for this.
I am currently TM farming 3 Xiao and 2 Gaffgarion, I want 2 Kaiser Knuckles and 2 Bracers. This makes it slow TM farming... Thinking if I should be using all my moogles for this, got 5 10% moogles just waiting.. Or if I should give these to Unit´s that I only have 1 off... like Yun, hayate, Snow or Maxwell.

I have 3 units to use for their TM Dualcast that I should start farming for soon once Gaffgarion/Xiao are done.

Thanks for this.
I am currently TM farming 3 Xiao and 2 Gaffgarion, I want 2 Kaiser Knuckles and 2 Bracers. This makes it slow TM farming... Thinking if I should be using all my moogles for this, got 5 10% moogles just waiting.. Or if I should give these to Unit´s that I only have 1 off... like Yun, hayate, Snow or Maxwell.

I have 3 units to use for their TM Dualcast that I should start farming for soon once Gaffgarion/Xiao are done.

Well the nice thing is that over time you are likely to pull more Xiao and Gaffgarion

So once you snag more dupes slide them into the rotation to speed things up

Lyrian

So TMR advice

98% committed at this point to cashing out my Brave Suit, the next time it hits a 5% trust increment. That would completely finish out my current set (as a Bracer is completing today) and would **finally** get a team of Zidanes on deck for some incredibly overdue Dual Wield TMs on the radar.

Alkez

I have a Sazh 20-sided die and Speed Plus on both my Lightnings in the arena.

Got the same combo on my Chizuru haha.

He/She's not wrong...

Only thing I hate in the Arena moreso than Cecils and teams with 3+ Noctii.

O I've got a pic of that too lol. This happened like an hour ago.

The one in the middle had 100% dodge. Luckily I went first. After this I selected the next guy down lol.

KednBjRl.jpg

Well the nice thing is that over time you are likely to pull more Xiao and Gaffgarion

So once you snag more dupes slide them into the rotation to speed things up

True, will wait until I see what I get from that free 10+1 summon pull :)
I do feel I need to get some TM´s done, so waiting for Dupes might be hard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom