• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally feels like I'm catching up a bit, even though I've been playing since soft launch.

Got Dual Wield, Blade Mastery last week and finally began putting time into TM farming, having spent all my saved up NRG bottles.

Got (4) Ludmille working, sitting at 15%, 16%, 15% and 17%. That gives me 78% if I combine now and I have 2 Moogles.

Anticipating my first Dual Cast in a day or two.

Afterwards I'll begin working my two additional Zidane for that second Dual Wield and possibly Charlotte for a Shield TM since I have 5 and one is at like 65% anyways.

Is it worth shielding Refia at all? I also have like 6 Leo I could invest in.

Finally feels like I'm catching up a bit, even though I've been playing since soft launch.

Got Dual Wield, Blade Mastery last week and finally began putting time into TM farming, having spent all my saved up NRG bottles.

Got (4) Ludmille working, sitting at 15%, 16%, 15% and 17%. That gives me 78% if I combine now and I have 2 Moogles.

Anticipating my first Dual Cast in a day or two.

Afterwards I'll begin working my two additional Zidane for that second Dual Wield and possibly Charlotte for a Shield TM since I have 5 and one is at like 65% anyways.

Is it worth shielding Refia at all? I also have like 6 Leo I could invest in.

Snag a Force Shield for Refia if you can.

Alkez

Where are the recipes?
I have 51 trophies unlocked, so I should get a couple of the recipes right away.

I just had a look because I wasn't sure as well.

Monarch Rings - 20 Earth, 20 Wind, 10 Light, 10 Dark
Domination Rings - 20 Lightning, 20 Water, 10 Light, 10 Dark
Ruler Rings - 10 Fire, 10 Ice, 20 Light, 20 Dark

I need to farm some Dark Megas. I only have 48 for some reason, while I have 99+ of the others (apart from fire and ice because I kept making hero rings. In hindsight I probably don't need 14 lol).

Pejo

I would say we have a 99.9% chance of only getting 1* Odin on this update so I am not sure how helpful he will actually be until next month.

Ah, bummer. Oh well, at least something to dump my collection of megacites into.
What are you guys using your Star Quartz for, btw? I have almost 400 saved up, and not sure what's good to buy now, or in the future. Already got Equip Hat for exdeath, as well as heal staff and Force Shield. What else? Might drop it on a 10% moogle if there's nothing I should be saving for.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Brutal.

Well, damn. That would would make 2 days in the last rolling calendar year that I actually would get something productive done in RL.

To be fair, they haven't even put up the new banner too. I'm expecting the game to be down most of Thursday, if not extending into Friday.

So hopefully we get some Comp too.

TMs wise, I think I was one of the first to start using Nox here.
1x Dualwield
2x Dualcast
2x Exacalibur
1x Sakafu
2x Blade Mastery
1x Bracer
1x Mivera Bustier
1x Aegis Shield
1x 30%MAG
1x Gungair
1x Kraiser Knuckles
1x Black Cowl
1x C.Gloves
1x Equip Shield
1x Doublehand
1x Power of Creation

I should also say, I switched out a lot. So for example,
Goblez is sitting on 50% done, Kefka on 80%, Refia 15%, Both Snows at 10-15% etc.

Right now it's 4 Cupid Lunas for 2 Accessories and Leon for his DKS. I also don't do refreshes really, maybe 4 or 5 times at most. Lunas will be around a month, Leon will be 2 depending on events.

Best thing about TM farming right now is, I don't leave it on at all. I'm at 100NRG, so I wake up and turn it on for a bit, then off. Come home, same thing. Leave it on while watching a movie or playing a game. I get another 10NRG before things become rough. But that is 9 hours.

Hoping they really give us that 30 NRG expansion in 4 months. Will bring me close to 12 hours then, which is perfect. ^_^

Right now in JP Champion Belt > Bracer by far. There's knuckle mastery and 145 atk knuckles in the form of trial rewards and you'll be able to get equip knuckles materia via a storage key, so you could give the knuckles setup to pretty much any unit you want.

wait what?
Knuckles 145 Dmg.... what are they called and should I stop TM farming for Kaiser knuckles?

Zalasta

I need to farm some Dark Megas. I only have 48 for some reason, while I have 99+ of the others (apart from fire and ice because I kept making hero rings. In hindsight I probably don't need 14 lol).

Don't you also need a hero ring to make each of those new ring recipes?

Ah, bummer. Oh well, at least something to dump my collection of megacites into.
What are you guys using your Star Quartz for, btw? I have almost 400 saved up, and not sure what's good to buy now, or in the future. Already got Equip Hat for exdeath, as well as heal staff and Force Shield. What else? Might drop it on a 10% moogle if there's nothing I should be saving for.

I am back up to 400 at the moment. Only thing I have purchased was 2 earrings. I am thinking of buying a Force shield but I already have 2 Aegis Shields so not sure if 10% resist on 3 elements is really worth it. I will for sure buy the Holy Lance and Man Eater materia when they are released though.

I am back up to 400 at the moment. Only thing I have purchased was 2 earrings. I am thinking of buying a Force shield but I already have 2 Aegis Shields so not sure if 10% resist on 3 elements is really worth it. I will for sure buy the Holy Lance and Man Eater materia when they are released though.

10% is nice when stacked with other element def gear

Getting up to that 100% resist piece by piece

how can I TM farm this fast? Hill digger just got released.... :)

Fast? This wasn't fast at all. Took me two weeks to take Myuki from 0-100. I finished Hill Digger fast because I pulled damn near 10 Guys while spending $250 for Emperor. Do NOT BE LIKE ME! I should have kept 3 Guy's to level up to be honest.

Fastest way to TM farm is via Nox/Memu or what ever the hell else is out there. I TM farming using switch controls on my iphone.

Thank you. I have plenty of most of those, so that's exciting.

Don't you also need a hero ring to make each of those new ring recipes?

Good thing I've forged 11 of them, although I could go through those awfully quick if the new recipes need more than one or two.

Fast? This wasn't fast at all. Took me two weeks to take Myuki from 0-100. I finished Hill Digger fast because I pulled damn near 10 Guys while spending $250 for Emperor. Do NOT BE LIKE ME! I should have kept 3 Guy's to level up to be honest.

Fastest way to TM farm is via Nox/Memu or what ever the hell else is out there. I TM farming using switch controls on my iphone.

Yeah ok. I am also using Switch control....

10% is nice when stacked with other element def gear

Getting up to that 100% resist piece by piece

Actually you're right and for some reason I forgot Refia already has innate petrify resist so it would be worth it for her. Cecil however I won't switch out. My Refia is about to have some pretty nice resists.

Fire, Ice, Lightning, Dark - 65%
Water, Wind, Earth - 55%
Light - 95%

If Melody of Life stacks which I'm not sure of I will give her a 2nd one for another 20% each.

Valentus

If i had to rank the TMs (in fact, i have to lmao) i would divide TMs in 3 categories:

A.- Passives (include skills)
B.- Stat-Modifiers
C.- Equip

My top 5 of each one should be:

A.- Passives

1.- Dualcast
2.- Dual Weild
3.- Equip H.Shield
4.- Equip L.Sword
5.- Doublehanded

B.- Stat Modifiers

1.- Blade Mastery
2.- Dark Bond
3.- Power of Creation
4.- Dark Knight's Soul
5.- Melody of Life

C.- Equipment

1.- Genji Glove
2.- Excalibur/Deathbringer
3.- Mateus Malice
4.- Bracer
5.- Rainbow Robe/Brave Suit

I still prefer letter-ranking, but that would be my picks without thinking too much.

Question about switch control.

once the correct press placement have been setup. then I just need to Tap the screen millions of time to get the TM farming underway?

this is how I been doing it so far anyway. was wondering if there is a AUTO feature that will remember how many times I pressed it the first time and just repeat that for me without me having to tap the screen again multiple times to get the Farming going again once the taps have run out.

If i had to rank the TMs (in fact, i have to lmao) i would divide TMs in 3 categories:

A.- Passives (include skills)
B.- Stat-Modifiers
C.- Equip

My top 5 of each one should be:

A.- Passives

1.- Dualcast
2.- Dual Weild
3.- Equip H.Shield
4.- Equip L.Sword
5.- Doublehanded

B.- Stat Modifiers

1.- Blade Mastery
2.- Dark Bond
3.- Power of Creation
4.- Dark Knight's Soul
5.- Melody of Life

C.- Equipment

1.- Genji Glove
2.- Excalibur/Deathbringer
3.- Mateus Malice
4.- Bracer
5.- Rainbow Robe/Brave Suit

I still prefer letter-ranking, but that would be my picks without thinking too much.

thanks for this.
Is there anything more powerful in the JP version ?
Im thinking I am so far behind that maybe something new more awesome gear will be released very soon.. better save those Moogles for new stuff?

H3xum

Can someone with Amazon Coin experience on Nox please PM me with what to do? My main device is iOS so I am thinking about purchasing coin for the first time when this 15% back thing starts.

Thanks in advance!

Valentus

Can someone with Amazon Coin experience on Nox please PM me with what to do? My main device is iOS so I am thinking about purchasing coin for the first time when this 15% back thing starts.

Thanks in advance!

Dont Need PM

Download Amazon Underground app.
open the app and register with your credit card number
Download Brave Exvius via the amazon underground app store
Play the game
Buy 50.000 coins
Buy 5 x 18.000 lapis pack
Recibe 7.500 coins back
buy 2.500 more coins
But another 18.000 lapis

Enjoy your 108.000 lapis!

H3xum

Dont Need PM

Play the game
Buy 50.000 coins
Recibe 7.500 coins back
buy 2.500 more coins
But another 18.000 lapis

Easy peasy

Can I have your credit card number please. I will send you any and all dupe rainbows I receive

Dont Need PM

Play the game
Buy 50.000 coins
Recibe 7.500 coins back
buy 2.500 more coins
But another 18.000 lapis

Jealous of anyone that has the money to just do this.

I won't be getting this much.

Shouta

Wait there's an actual spear mastery now?

Wind Veritas/Veritas of the Heavens has it as their TMR. It also increases jump damage.

Right now in JP Champion Belt > Bracer by far. There's knuckle mastery and 145 atk knuckles in the form of trial rewards and you'll be able to get equip knuckles materia via a storage key, so you could give the knuckles setup to pretty much any unit you want.

From an attack perspective, yeah. Bracers give HP which is important for the harder fights in the game though. So the Champion Belt is a bit weaker than the Bracers on the whole.

Also, welcome back.

That's what I thought.

So realistically, only 1 unit can be optimally equipped with a knuckle set-up.

Besides, if we're talking about JP, Bracer is already made obsolete there by Desch's earrings.

Bracer's HP means it isn't made obslete Desch's earrings though. 15 attack for 15% HP isn't a good trade sometimes, lol

Alkez

Wind Veritas/Veritas of the Heavens has it as their TMR. It also increases jump damage.

Ah ok yeah I knew about that one. That's the one I told Shin about that allows Eileen to go over the 300% cap. I thought you meant there was another ability materia called Spear Mastery (like Chizuru's Blade Mastery) cause that would stack with Wind Veritas' TM in global (obviously there's still the cap though).

Lyrian

Best thing about TM farming right now is, I don't leave it on at all. I'm at 100NRG, so I wake up and turn it on for a bit, then off. Come home, same thing. Leave it on while watching a movie or playing a game. I get another 10NRG before things become rough. But that is 9 hours.

Hoping they really give us that 30 NRG expansion in 4 months. Will bring me close to 12 hours then, which is perfect. ^_^

I look forward to reaching the point where I am relatively "caught up" with TMs and can slide into casual TM farming for whatever comes out.

To that extent, the +30 max energy expansion will be huge. Not only does it add to the flexibility of when one can log on and use their energy pool without maxing out, but it also significantly enhances the value of a lapis refresh even further. 150+ EN per refill is highly significant towards future TM farming efficiency.

There should be a new Fat Chocobo vendor on Thursday. Unless something changes:

-- Man-Eater Materia (Limit 1): 200 SQ
-- Holy Lance (Limit 1): Spear, 82 ATK, Light elemental, 100 SQ
-- Charm Bangle (Unlimited): -25% encounter rate (stacks multiplicitively): 20 SQ per

So, that's 300 SQ right there, at a minimum.

My Elza is going to adore that Holy Lance.

Wazzy

Banned
Hmmm since dual wield is so important I guess fusing the second Zidane I have would be wasteful? Probably the same with second Cecil.
2 slots, post your ID. 900 Noctis, 600+ Emperor. Have GAF in your friend message or you're gonna get kicked.
I don't think I have you so I'll post my ID!

193, 450, 851

Hmmm since dual wield is so important I guess fusing the second Zidane I have would be wasteful? Probably the same with second Cecil.

193, 450, 851

Added.

Don't ever fuse Zidane until it gets to the point that you have 2-3 dual wields. I'm going to be working on my 3rd in a week or two. Aim for 2 or 3 Excaliburs as well. 2 is fine. 3 if you are insane lol.

Muku

193, 450, 851

If you have two Zidane, I would definitely keep them separate to work on two different DW. I have three currently, only from one whom I've gotten DW. I'm keeping others around for more. Think after I finish Dual Cast I'll go for a second DW for Yun.

Depends on units you have as well though. Some like Lightning and Luneth get it through leveling, so you won't have to worry about them.

Pachimari

So a little update on the units I'm working on to take on Veritas of the Heavens.

Luneth 6* 100 (maxed)
Lenna 5* 9 [cheer, cura]
Vaan 4* 60 (need to awaken) [full break, focus]
Cecil 5* 80 (need to awaken)
Exdeath 5* 80 (need to awaken)

I think that's the party I'm gonna go with against him. I will max them all out first of course. I also have these as backup:

Warrior of Light 5* 67
Firion 4* 32
Luka 4* 27

Wazzy

Banned
If you have two Zidane, I would definitely keep them separate to work on two different DW. I have three currently, only from one whom I've gotten DW. I'm keeping others around for more. Think after I finish Dual Cast I'll go for a second DW for Yun.

Depends on units you have as well though. Some like Lightning and Luneth get it through leveling, so you won't have to worry about them.
Yeah I definitely wanted it for my Snow but I have Luneth so that's one character I didn't have to worry about. I guess I'll just keep farming my Cecil and Zidanes then!
Added.

Don't ever fuse Zidane until it gets to the point that you have 2-3 dual wields. I'm going to be working on my 3rd in a week or two. Aim for 2 or 3 Excaliburs as well. 2 is fine. 3 if you are insane lol.
Thanks. :)

I only have two Cecil's so it's going to only be two lol but yeah they're great TM's, I just didn't know how many DW I would need since my best unit has it already.

Lyrian

I feel like this is something that will never happen. Always have new TMs to farm. ABF. Always Be Farming.

Well, yes, there will always be something to farm.

But at some point, all the core TMs are done. Everything thereafter is just an incremental upgrade that goes along with power creep (i.e. farming ATK +40%s to replace your ATK +30%s).

At that point, TM farming is whatever you want, not what you team needs to advance at the endgame. That's the dream.

Muku

Hm. I see.

Edit: Got a bit of a question about Yun. What makes him good? I've had him, and I use him from time to time, but I can't really see anything amazing about him so far. I'm sad he only has one AOE... but I dunno, I haven't been impressed by it at all. Now, to be honest, I haven't used many things to buff him up yet, as I'm trying to finish using power pots on CoD since I'd been working on her before he came around. Will I not see much until then? I'm trying to figure him out.

Alkez

I'm almost there! I finished my second Black Cowl and third BM this weekend.

And once I'm done with Noct, Ramza 2, 2x Leon, and Randi, I should be good for a while. I'll wait to worry about Champion Belts and Doublehand.

O nice. I remember you and I were talking about this months ago and you said once you had the core tms down you were going to be more casual with TM farming. Back then it looked like a distant dream lol. Glad to see you're actually getting close. I feel like I'm only a third of the way done from what I envision my team to look like.

I feel like this is something that will never happen. Always have new TMs to farm. ABF. Always Be Farming.

ABF lol. That needs to be the name of OT4.

Well, yes, there will always be something to farm.

But at some point, all the core TMs are done. Everything thereafter is just an incremental upgrade that goes along with power creep (i.e. farming ATK +40%s to replace your ATK +30%s).

At that point, TM farming is whatever you want, not what you team needs to advance at the endgame. That's the dream.

You are right, but we have differing ideas on what is needed. I NEED THEM ALL!!!! My dream is to have at least 1 of every TM and 3 of every weapon. I am a disgusting man.

Edit: I should specify on weapons 3 of any non limited ones like Randi's and Elza's. Just 1 of each of those is good for me.

Hm. I see.

Edit: Got a bit of a question about Yun. What makes him good? I've had him, and I use him from time to time, but I can't really see anything amazing about him so far. I'm sad he only has one AOE... but I dunno, I haven't been impressed by it at all. Now, to be honest, I haven't used many things to buff him up yet, as I'm trying to finish using power pots on CoD since I'd been working on her before he came around. Will I not see much until then? I'm trying to figure him out.

For one, his normal attack when dual wielding is essentially an enemy specific barrage, since he attacks four times. That does some serious damage especially against bosses. You don't even need his abilities to take advantage of that. It's also useful to put a -killer or elemental whip as his second weapon for extra weakness damage, and I have a whole bunch of whips for just that reason.

When you do want to jack things up, I find his raging bird attack does quite a bit of damage. At least, more than my Lightning's crushing blow. That's really the only other DPS unit I personally have to compare it to, though.

So while his blazing fire attack is his only real AOE attack (which in itself does decent damage), I find his real use is in targeting single enemies. Since trials and bosses tend to be alone, it can be very useful to have someone like that on your squad.

Valonquar

Just finished a Snow TM. So now my Fully potted Lightning has: Dual Wield, Blade Mastery, Seal of Destruction, Power of Creation, ATK20%, Excalibur, Sakurafubuki, Black Cowl, Demon Mail, Bracer, Champion's Belt. 806 ATK total. Now to just get a hotter unit to put all that on like Orlandou or Noct after the crystal gatcha update. Wouldn't mind landing a Ramza either but I ain't holding my breath on that one :/

Will any of the trophy recipe rings outclass the +30 stat TMs? (Not counting that final one that takes a year to farm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom