• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished a Snow TM. So now my Fully potted Lightning has: Dual Wield, Blade Mastery, Seal of Destruction, Power of Creation, ATK20%, Excalibur, Sakurafubuki, Black Cowl, Demon Mail, Bracer, Champion's Belt. 806 ATK total. Now to just get a hotter unit to put all that on like Orlandou or Noct after the crystal gatcha update. Wouldn't mind landing a Ramza either but I ain't holding my breath on that one :/

Will any of the trophy recipe rings outclass the +30 stat TMs? (Not counting that final one that takes a year to farm)

No, but they are only a few points less with ATK. So a Bracer is +30ATK the Ruler? ring is 15% which might be 28 ATK to most. The rings are easier to get than the TM's though.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
oh god yes lyrian, getting so 'caught up' that you can casually slide in banner units into your TM queue is the DREAM. I think getting there requires having 5 maxed out, dressed out units. So enough DPS TMs for 2-3 units, enough tank TMs for 1 unit, enough mage unit TMs for 2, maybe 3, and enough healer unit TMs for one.

Shorter: pray for me.

Azuran

Banned
Hmmm since dual wield is so important I guess fusing the second Zidane I have would be wasteful? Probably the same with second Cecil.

I don't think I have you so I'll post my ID!

193, 450, 851

Yup.

You want to have as many Dual Wields as you can. You damage output increases like crazy when you have 2 units who are able to use it. 3 or more turns you into a god in the current state of the game.

I got my second Dual Wield this week and everyone is the Arena is going down in one turn which is hilarious. Cecil also stopped being a pest since my Elza has Demon Scythe which is something he doesn't resist.

evangd007

Since we're talking about TMs, is there any reason to get more than one Dualcast? It seems like all worthwhile mages get it inherent, and Refia is the only healer that appears to need it.

Valonquar

The temptation to merge my 4 Leo's into one is strong but... must power through

Since we're talking about TMs, is there any reason to get more than one Dualcast? It seems like all worthwhile mages get it inherent, and Refia is the only healer that appears to need it.
I'm just jaded Tillith can't get good use out of it since her spells are actually abilities

Nikokuno

Hm. I see.

Edit: Got a bit of a question about Yun. What makes him good? I've had him, and I use him from time to time, but I can't really see anything amazing about him so far. I'm sad he only has one AOE... but I dunno, I haven't been impressed by it at all. Now, to be honest, I haven't used many things to buff him up yet, as I'm trying to finish using power pots on CoD since I'd been working on her before he came around. Will I not see much until then? I'm trying to figure him out.

He rides a Chocobo :p instant god-tier

speaking of Yun is it better to charge up his normal attack over two turns(for long fights of course) or just use his normal attack instead of wasting the turns

Xion86

So I just hit the big 100 this morning :D yey

zH6xEPCl.png

On a side note, been using up quite a lot of Burst Pots to get Cecil (who started at 3 stars) to 22/25 Limit Break. Now with Warrior of Light aiming to surpass Cecil, should I even waste the effort for the final 3 levels...:( seems like a lot of wasted pots but hopefully Cecil will still come in handy....right? :/

8uVFfZkl.png

Hey everyone.

Thanks to Muku for adding me a month or so ago.

I'm currently using 514MAG Emperor as my companion, who was basically the only reason I beat Dreadnaught ELT. Have a few slots open that I'll give to GAF if they're interested in trying him out. I do have access to Dual Wield to increase MAG but it's sitting on my Chizuru who is essential for Arena.

Celegus

Just cleaned out some inactive friends. Have a few slots open.

ID: 154.211.436

My main companion is Gilgamesh. Let's be friends!
Added!
Hey everyone.

Thanks to Muku for adding me a month or so ago.

I'm currently using 514MAG Emperor as my companion, who was basically the only reason I beat Dreadnaught ELT. Have a few slots open that I'll give to GAF if they're interested in trying him out.

Says user not found, check your numbers?

Azuran

Banned
I finally manage to crack the 700+ ATK club:

This should get even higher once Power of Creation, Seal of Destruction, Black Cowl, and my two Bracers are finally complete. And that should be it for my Elza for now unless I somehow manage to pull a Ramza for his TM body.

Also, I have friend slots available so feel free to quote this post or PM me your ID if you want me to add you. I don't want to start deleting inactive people in my FL unless I'm sure I can replace them.

c-murph

Doing as much TM farming I can this week since I'm on reading week. Basically have it running all day and night... Well, as long as I don't get a connection error like last night.

Sun Morning 3am - Snow 25%
Sun Afternoon 3pm - Snow 28.9%
Mon Morning 8am - Snow 32.7%
Mon Afternoon 7pm - Snow 36%
Tues Afternoon 7pm - Snow 41.9%

My friend is freaking out because I pulled a 5-star emperor. Is he that good? I already have exdeath

The Wiki has them as equals. He has Aeroga and Fire From Below for long fights and can wear mage hats/robes. Has a stronger Meteor spell, but can't dualcast it because it's a skill. Has a 100% self MAG buff at the expense of 20% SPR reduction for your party. Has a passive skill that makes him less likely to be targeted. Natural mana regen and I think a higher HP max. I'd say he's halfway between ExDeath and Dark Fina.

I'm excited to have him but he doesn't seem to impress that many people. Though I'd like to be proven wrong.

Brave Suit #2 and Ring of the Lucii done! I just used 3 Moogles and said screw it, basically. Leon, Leon, and Randi are sitting at like 36%.

What's the setup for the most versatile Refia?

Right now, she's got:

Magi Staff
Force Shield
Soul Crown
Minerva Bustier
Muscle Belt
Ring of the Lucii

Dualcast
Equip H Shield
2x Guardian's Authority

I'm guessing she needs Melodies of Life and 20-Sided Die, but what would be a decent upgrade over the Muscle Belt? Soluna Band from Cupid Luna?

(And, yeah, Marie's Robe would be the GOAT, but that ain't happening.)

Valentus

Im just thinking about Gilgamesh trial. It really have me obsessed thinking un the best strategy for It...

We has to cover five elements

Fire
Water
Wind
Stone
Holy

With New content update we Will have holy lance that is holy element... Thats good.

So what im thinking:

Bartz - Trident (wind water)
Rain - survival edges (wind fire Earth)
Chizuru - chijirijaden (fire)
Cecil - holy lance (holy) and healing
Luka - healer and water if bartz dies

I think thats not enough... Maybe i need to add a sixth member and lose the party of 5 achievement.

I really Hope that gilga wont be buffed because that would be terrible.

Shouta

The Wiki has them as equals. He has Aeroga and Fire From Below for long fights and can wear mage hats/robes. Has a stronger Meteor spell, but can't dualcast it because it's a skill. Has a 100% self MAG buff at the expense of 20% SPR reduction for your party. Has a passive skill that makes him less likely to be targeted. Natural mana regen and I think a higher HP max. I'd say he's halfway between ExDeath and Dark Fina.

I'm excited to have him but he doesn't seem to impress that many people. Though I'd like to be proven wrong.

I'd personally say that the Emperor is a better unit than ExDeath or Dark Fina because he can hang in a longer fight better than either of them if need be. He also gets better enhancements than either of them down the line. The only thing is that Dark Fina covers some elements he doesn't. The Emperor also loses out on his uniqueness if the enemy is resistant to fire.

Oh yeah, Emp also gets Flare which has a fire resistance down effect on it as well.

Ken

I finally manage to crack the 700+ ATK club:

This should get even higher once Power of Creation, Seal of Destruction, Black Cowl, and my two Bracers are finally complete. And that should be it for my Elza for now unless I somehow manage to pull a Ramza for his TM body.

Also, I have friend slots available so feel free to quote this post or PM me your ID if you want me to add you. I don't want to start deleting inactive people in my FL unless I'm sure I can replace them.

677 974 806

tuffymon

Im just thinking about Gilgamesh trial. It really have me obsessed thinking un the best strategy for It...

We has to cover five elements

Fire
Water
Wind
Stone
Holy

With New content update we Will have holy lance that is holy element... Thats good.

So what im thinking:

Bartz - Trident (wind water)
Rain - survival edges (wind fire Earth)
Chizuru - chijirijaden (fire)
Cecil - holy lance (holy) and healing
Luka - healer and water if bartz dies

I think thats not enough... Maybe i need to add a sixth member and lose the party of 5 achievement.

I really Hope that gilga wont be buffed because that would be terrible.

Do we need to hit 5 elements to stop a move from going off, or is it for a reward at the end?

I'd personally say that the Emperor is a better unit than ExDeath or Dark Fina because he can hang in a longer fight better than either of them if need be. He also gets better enhancements than either of them down the line. The only thing is that Dark Fina covers some elements he doesn't. The Emperor also loses out on his uniqueness if the enemy is resistant to fire.

Oh yeah, Emp also gets Flare which has a fire resistance down effect on it as well.

He's definitely better than ExDeath but I would have to see how he's better than DF, (I don't have her).

Flare is Water Resist debuff isn't it? Combos with Mercades! Or so I'd like to think! Haha.

Valentus

Do we need to hit 5 elements to stop a move from going off, or is it for a reward at the end?

Gilgamesh can do the following attacks if you dont seal that attack with the respectivo element:

Wind - 100% Paralyze + -50% Fire/Water/Wind/Light Resists

Fire - -50% ATK/DEF Debuff + Osmose

Water - -50% INT/SPR Debuff

Light (holy) - 100% Confuse

Earth - -75% HP (Graviga single target)

Additional to his normal attacks and skills.

Shouta

He's definitely better than ExDeath but I would have to see how he's better than DF, (I don't have her).

Flare is Water Resist debuff isn't it? Combos with Mercades! Or so I'd like to think! Haha.

Goddammit, you're right. I haven't used Flare in ages so I totally forgot. However, it works with Mercedes if you have her water axe. She'll gain 30% more attack power on her attacks as a result.

I have Exdeath and Dark Fina but I don't have Emperor. I'd gladly trade DF for him though.

mstevens

Okay ExviusGaf, I need your expertise.

I've recently gotten to the point in the game where I can TM grind. I have 0 finished, but I have one at 70% and will be focusing on that until it's done. I'm trying to plan out my next moves and could use some insight.

For context, my best characters are Agrias, Noctis, Exdeath, Luka, and Rain. I need to pull a Cecil to tank and am planning on leveling my Firion. These are the characters I'm trying to outfit.

I'm not going to bother listing their current equipment because it's mostly garbage and none of it is TMs.

My current TM party is:
Hayate 45%
Zidane 46%
Zidane 70%
Agrias 53%
Gaffgarion 43%

As those finish, I want to fill the ranks with the TMs that will benefit me the quickest. Here is the list of units I have with TMs that I think are desirable:
Miyuki
Xiao x2
Hayate x3 (in addition to the one in my current TM party)
Charlotte
Elle
Cupid Luna
Guy
Bartz
Leo x2
Kefka
Shantotto
Snow
Alma
Popoi

So I guess what I'm asking is, of those what do I prioritize to get my party where it needs to be efficiently? Also, what units do I need to look out for to pull to fill in the biggest holes in my party and their equipment? Luckily there are a lot of units I still need to pull (Refia, Cecil, several 4* and 5* come to mind) and I'm planning on spending my first $$ once the crystal change happens. That way, if I whiff on a 5* hopefully I'll get one of these other units or TMs I need.

I can list their current equipment if it would be helpful, but it's mostly stuff I got by going through the game besides Enhancer, Soul Crown, and Unusual Artifact.

Goddammit, you're right. I haven't used Flare in ages so I totally forgot. However, it works with Mercedes if you have her water axe. She'll gain 30% more attack power on her attacks as a result.

I have Exdeath and Dark Fina but I don't have Emperor. I'd gladly trade DF for him though.

My only other 5* base is an Off-Banner Delita. I'll take my small victory then. :D

Dark Fina is still my most wanted unit. I hope she has a rate up again at some point.

I'm also hoping for some 6* evolutions for some of the cool but lesser-used characters, like Golbez, Celes, and Locke. And now I'm reminiscing about the time Tellah was my MVP.

Valentus

Double meteor / última >>>>> starfall

He is better than exdeath because well... One is base 3 and the other base 5, but at this point of the Game, dark fina is better.

Prototype

So I'm using Switch controls on iOS, feel like it's the only way to keep up now. So far have just been messing around to get the recipe to run nice and tight. We'll see how things go tonight for my first extended session running it

This week I'm finally getting back to TM farming. After the past few weeks of pulls, have 5 of a bunch of units. Think I'm going to start with Miyuki. I really need those katanas for my Chiz. Fiirion is now my highest atk unit at the moment cause of Gigas axe, gigantaxe.

Lyrian

And there's the news I was looking for.

Super early downtime tomorrow (7 PM PST), 5 hours earlier than normal.

Expected downtime planned at 12 hours.

Oh boy..... Shintoki may be a prophet here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom