• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-murph

Ah man, I need to get like 3-4 Shines on the next banner and put those TMs on my Lightnings along with 20-sided Die for more arena fun!

EDarkness

Oh damn, Shine and Olive both sound awesome. I doubt I'll get Olive, but it would be awesome to have Shine. I hope I get lucky...good thing we won't have troll golds anymore!

Lyrian

Oh damn, Shine and Olive both sound awesome. I doubt I'll get Olive, but it would be awesome to have Shine. I hope I get lucky...good thing we won't have troll golds anymore!

Olive is a Global Exclusive, but she's not a limited exclusive. So, she'll always be in the rainbow pool, which is nice.

Her description text is interesting. Innate DH (via her TM weapon) + she can physical break (and elemental break for her TM weapon of course). Looking forward to the datatmine of her actual skillset and the strength of those breaks.

Celegus

Looks like a pretty good banner, even if it's all made up people. I'm assuming Shine isn't great as a unit but just has a good TM?

Spent most of my night conquering the secret dungeon in FF XV. Holy crap what a nightmare that thing is.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
shhh no FFXV spoilers

i'm 35ish hours in, i think about to [something major that i can't turn back from?]

but i've taken a couple week break

shhhh

Lyrian

Random thought:

What if Olive....

Has an innate DH (at 6*), + her weapon DH + a materia DH?

Those would all validly stack on Global, wouldn't they?

EDIT: Reddit seems to be thinking the same thing. They've already presented a logical case for her to break 1000 ATK if she can stack 3 different DHs on Global.

Muku

For one, his normal attack when dual wielding is essentially an enemy specific barrage, since he attacks four times. That does some serious damage especially against bosses. You don't even need his abilities to take advantage of that. It's also useful to put a -killer or elemental whip as his second weapon for extra weakness damage, and I have a whole bunch of whips for just that reason.

When you do want to jack things up, I find his raging bird attack does quite a bit of damage. At least, more than my Lightning's crushing blow. That's really the only other DPS unit I personally have to compare it to, though.

So while his blazing fire attack is his only real AOE attack (which in itself does decent damage), I find his real use is in targeting single enemies. Since trials and bosses tend to be alone, it can be very useful to have someone like that on your squad.

I guess that is my biggest problem with him right now is that I lack a second dual wield. After I finish Dual Cast, thinking of working in another Dual Wield before other things. So it'll still be some time until I get one. :( I guess it will have to be next now for him to be useful. Thank you.

Hey everyone.

Thanks to Muku for adding me a month or so ago.

LOL that was random. XD But you're welcome. :)

My friend is freaking out because I pulled a 5-star emperor. Is he that good? I already have exdeath

Chilly rolled around upon this being said.

ALSO.... I want dat Olive and Shine! OMG a Spy! How awesome is that?!

Celegus

I guess that is my biggest problem with him right now is that I lack a second dual wield. After I finish Dual Cast, thinking of working in another Dual Wield before other things. So it'll still be some time until I get one. :( I guess it will have to be next now for him to be useful. Thank you.

Definitely! I'd say the three most important TMs for anyone to get are Dual Wield, Dual Wield #2, and Dual Wield #3. Unless of course you have a Gilgamesh lying around. Three feels like the perfect number of them, I'd hate to go back to having less.

across

For those of you who are going to be chasing Shine, just figure out how many of her you will actually need. Dual Wield takes a slot (if no Genji Glove). Blade Mastery and/or Dark Knight's Soul for the relevant characters. One of your units is probably going to have Power of Creation. On new content trials you're unlikely to be running more than three physical DPS characters, and two + friend unit seems likely on Gilgamesh specifically.

Chasing units for Arena remains one of the worst spend:reward activities in this game. Funny but not really meaningful.

These next few banners are likely to be the calm before the storm (Orlandu, Aileen, Tidus, Rem, T.Terra, not to mention Rikku, Setzer, etc..) Spend smart, not hard.

RedZaraki

Banned
Definitely! I'd say the three most important TMs for anyone to get are Dual Wield, Dual Wield #2, and Dual Wield #3. Unless of course you have a Gilgamesh lying around. Three feels like the perfect number of them, I'd hate to go back to having less.

I have a Luneth, a Lightning, and 3 DW TMS finished already (started them before I had these 2).

I'm good with DW. Enough DW. ENOUGH.

Muku

I would have worked on second Dual Wield, but until Yun had no major reason I felt like. Luneth gets it by default. And Dual Cast felt important for Refia. I think she'll be rocking once I finish it for her.

And yes!! I got The Incredibles vibe looking at Shine too! :D

Ken

For those of you who are going to be chasing Shine, just figure out how many of her you will actually need. Dual Wield takes a slot (if no Genji Glove). Blade Mastery and/or Dark Knight's Soul for the relevant characters. One of your units is probably going to have Power of Creation. On new content trials you're unlikely to be running more than three physical DPS characters, and two + friend unit seems likely on Gilgamesh specifically.

Chasing units for Arena remains one of the worst spend:reward activities in this game. Funny but not really meaningful.

These next few banners are likely to be the calm before the storm (Orlandu, Aileen, Tidus, Rem, T.Terra, not to mention Rikku, Setzer, etc..) Spend smart, not hard.

Shine's can probably stack with itself right. I probably need 6 since I wasn't around for Maxwell and Karl. :(

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Be doing dailies on this banner and nothing more. The Yellow change makes it easier now to pass and I'd rather save tickets for the banners down the line with better units... well better, but more easily to attain units.

Also, I would get Dualcast before Dualwield if you're forced into the choice. There is no bigger effect on a team than having the healer with DC. Shit is game changing when they can revive twice, heal twice, esuna and heal, etc.

On a side note, decided to do a few more pulls on the VDay banner. Got myself the Cupid Art I wanted and happy about it. Also managed to snag another Cupid Luna and Elle. So Muscle belt 2.0 is in the works and I'll be finishing off one set of Cupid Lunas a bit sooner. 5 pulls for all. Other two were junk in the trunk.... well one step closer to barrage and Lightning

Also, I'm a bit miffed it's not Mogking. So Zero is coming next week, but I wanted my GigaCats now. Would be nice to get Firion to 6* Max.

Prototype

Be doing dailies on this banner and nothing more. The Yellow change makes it easier now to pass and I'd rather save tickets for the banners down the line with better units... well better, but more easily to attain units.

Also, I would get Dualcast before Dualwield if you're forced into the choice. There is no bigger effect on a team than having the healer with DC. Shit is game changing when they can revive twice, heal twice, esuna and heal, etc.

On a side note, decided to do a few more pulls on the VDay banner. Got myself the Cupid Art I wanted and happy about it. Also managed to snag another Cupid Luna and Elle. So Muscle belt 2.0 is in the works and I'll be finishing off one set of Cupid Lunas a bit sooner.

Same here. Dailies only. Saving tickets for now.

across

Shine's can probably stack with itself right. I probably need 6 since I wasn't around for Maxwell and Karl. :(

It'll stack, yes.

Like others, I'll be rolling dailies and likely nothing more unless I don't pull a single Shine. The crystal change means you're going to end up with Shines here and there as you pull on future banners. Don't get sucked in!

Syntsui

So many 30% ATK TMs, shit is getting scary. I don't even have lapis for dailies nor tickets, so I won't be able to chase her even if I wanted. I'll start doing the daily quests again though, I just can't ignore the free lapis anymore even if it's a gigantic pain in the ass.

Ken

It'll stack, yes.

Like others, I'll be rolling dailies and likely nothing more unless I don't pull a single Shine. The crystal change means you're going to end up with Shines here and there as you pull on future banners. Don't get sucked in!

I want Olive!

tuffymon

Gilgamesh can do the following attacks if you dont seal that attack with the respectivo element:

Wind - 100% Paralyze + -50% Fire/Water/Wind/Light Resists

Fire - -50% ATK/DEF Debuff + Osmose

Water - -50% INT/SPR Debuff

Light (holy) - 100% Confuse

Earth - -75% HP (Graviga single target)

Additional to his normal attacks and skills.

Awesome thanks, last q on this (maybe), do you need to seal him just 1x? or every round? or x rounds?

Malakhov

Banned
Finally finished the gengi glove tm so my Gilgamesh just broke the 800 atk barrier.
Power of Creation is at 97% so I will be able to replace a +10% atk materia with it and DKS is underway. I should get 900 atk in a week or two.

Very pleased with Shine's tm, I need to get it!

Greg will be able to have Sword Mastery, Power of Creation, Dark Knight's Soul and quick assault!

Shouta

On a side note, decided to do a few more pulls on the VDay banner. Got myself the Cupid Art I wanted and happy about it. Also managed to snag another Cupid Luna and Elle. So Muscle belt 2.0 is in the works and I'll be finishing off one set of Cupid Lunas a bit sooner. 5 pulls for all. Other two were junk in the trunk.... well one step closer to barrage and Lightning

Also, I'm a bit miffed it's not Mogking. So Zero is coming next week, but I wanted my GigaCats now. Would be nice to get Firion to 6* Max.

Y'shtola is coming and many of the healers later come with a White magic dualcast or can get by without it. So I don't think Dualcast is as important as Dualwield.

Malakhov

Banned
Y'shtola is coming and many of the healers later come with a White magic dualcast or can get by without it. So I don't think Dualcast is as important as Dualwield.

But for now, I think Shintoki is right, dualcast on Refia was a game changer for me. Dont think I could of handled everything that easily without it.

But good to know that eventually the healers wont need it or will have it by default, that way I'll have an extra dualcast lying around.

wilstreak

so, if this banner is Olive and friend and the next banner is player choice, that means there are no different on when to use free ticket.
You still can't pull Orlandu for free. lol

Olive does seem very OP, is she the global version of Eileen or that we will also got Eileen?

But for now, I think Shintoki is right, dualcast on Refia was a game changer for me. Dont think I could of handled everything that easily without it.

But good to know that eventually the healers wont need it or will have it by default, that way I'll have an extra dualcast lying around.

I can attest to that, Dual Cast Refia is awesome.
That's why i am going so far to farm Minerva, Equip Heavy Shield and Aegis shield to keep her alive all the time.

bonkeng

This problem, I have yet to encounter it.

Always carry a pocket ExDeath

I only have 2 mage in Arena, Exdeath and Ramza. And the 100% evader team usually have at least 2 of them 100% evasions. And survives on even 2 DC meteors. It's a good thing Ling is a none issue thise week. But Noctis is still a damn pain in the arena ass.

Nikokuno

Is that a good banner? I mean in terms of character? Because I only hear about TM but I will prefer to have a unit that can make my team better or more viable depending than another unit in the farming queue...

across

I want Olive!
Fair. She seems potentially really good, with a pretty unique TM. Plus cannons are cool.

I only have 2 mage in Arena, Exdeath and Ramza. And the 100% evader team usually have at least 2 of them 100% evasions. And survives on even 2 DC meteors. It's a good thing Ling is a none issue thise week. But Noctis is still a damn pain in the arena ass.
Yup. Exdeath & Ramza best Arena friends forever. Maybe that's why my perspective on Arena is so skewed. Dualcast Ultima->Meteor pastes a lot of teams without any input from the other three units. Even on weeks when DC is banned, it's a non-avoidable, non-resistable 2k damage to the entire team.

The importance of a magic-heavy (or ailment-heavy) team for Arena is only going to increase as whales accumulate Shine TMs.

bonkeng

I stumbled something at reddit regarding the crystal change.

Now that we know the the crystals will always have the base rarity in it, the question is, how does the system determine the roll? Before the crystal or after the crystal shows?

For example, when you click summon, does this immediately roll the unit first, then mask it with the correct crystal?

Or roll the crystal first, then roll the unit afterwards.

These 2 have quite a significant difference. Since the first one really doesn't change anything at all. While the second one is the one we all hoped it would be.

robotuw

Yeah Shine's TM is going to make the arena even more awful that the craphole it was already. Don't get me wrong, I still want 5 of her.

Olive seems cool; an early transplant from JP's doublehand meta maybe. Really eager to see her full move set and base stats. I hope Gumi succeeds in making her serious competition for Noctis and Orlandu. The top slot needs more diversity.

KeRaSh

Not sure how many Shines I will aim for. I still want to keep a good stack of Lapis and tickets for Orlandu but 2-4 Shines would be great...

Rixa

Gumi really want's to move Global from JP shadow. same time trying to increase player base by adding interesting new GL exclus + giving freebie / extra stuff, so that people spend their money to BE not to "some" other mobile game :D.

EDarkness

Olive is a Global Exclusive, but she's not a limited exclusive. So, she'll always be in the rainbow pool, which is nice.

Her description text is interesting. Innate DH (via her TM weapon) + she can physical break (and elemental break for her TM weapon of course). Looking forward to the datatmine of her actual skillset and the strength of those breaks.

Ah. Not sure why I thought they were timed. Well, I hope I get both of them someday.

I hope the spy chick is somewhat good, because I want to have a group of badass female units. There needs to be a badass female tank....

A group of CoD, Olive, Lightning, Refia, and a sub (possibly Shine) would be cool. Too bad Noctis is a guy....

Heh, I run with Sazh usually, because it's cool to have a black dude in my group. I'll run with Shine because she looks cool and is a spy. Really hope I get lucky and can get both of them.

Ken

There needs to be a badass female tank....

charlotte.png

Chinner

Banned
Not sure how many Shines I will aim for. I still want to keep a good stack of Lapis and tickets for Orlandu but 2-4 Shines would be great...
He's not time exclusive. My advice would be to wait until orlandu. You'll probably pull him then with the gacha changes, and you might a whole load of useful tms. Also maybe been orlandu.

So when do banner units head into the rare summon pool of units? When released or after their banner runs its course? Pulling Shine or Olive sounds great, so I'm trying to figure out when to use the free 11 pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom