• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonkeng

So when do banner units head into the rare summon pool of units? When released or after their banner runs its course? Pulling Shine or Olive sounds great, so I'm trying to figure out when to use the free 11 pull.

Every unit will be in the rare summon pool, whether limited or not. The banners just give them significant bonus pull rate.

Valentus

Olive's description suggest that she has innate doublehanded.

Also her tm has doublehanded Too.

Plus a doublehanded materia.... 150% doublehanded attack?

Olive can have high attack with doublehanded

Edit:

120 weapon
28 black cowl
8 black belt gi
60 bracers

216 atk
324 150% doublehanded
202 base atk
53 ifrit

Thats 795 atk, assuming this girl base attack without passives is 155, 3 shines TM gives her 135 atk, for a total of 935 atk

bonkeng

Olive's description suggest that she has innate doublehanded.

Also her tm has doublehanded Too.

Plus a doublehanded materia.... 150% doublehanded attack?

Olive can have high attack with doublehanded

Edit:

120 weapon
28 black cowl
8 black belt gi
60 bracers

216 atk
324 150% doublehanded
202 base atk
53 ifrit

Thats 795 atk, assuming this girl base attack without passives is 155, 3 shines TM gives her 135 atk, for a total of 935 atk

Don't forget, her pots will most likely add another 34 atk. Like the rest of the top 5* physical dps. This would give her another +75 atk.

I'm guessing she'll be the first unit to crack 1k atk.

Alkez

Yup. Exdeath & Ramza best Arena friends forever.

That's the same arena pairing I run. Just need to get my second dual cast for Ramza (first is on Refia).

I want 12 Shines minimum.

This made me laugh.

Don't forget, her pots will most likely add another 34 atk. Like the rest of the top 5* physical dps. This would give her another +75 atk.

I'm guessing she'll be the first unit to crack 1k atk.

Yeah seems like it. My only concern is her long term potential. If she can only wield guns that would kind of suck because there is no gun mastery (as far as I know). She could hit the 300% doublehanded cap (Weapon + Innate + CloudTM + 2x Eilfried TM) but her attack percentage would be stuck at 90% + Innate percentage.

Obviously this is all way into the future though with BiS so it's not a big deal or anything, just something I've been thinking about. I would be happy to pull her. Her sprite is awesome as well.

Celegus

Another Garnet on daily, so I did go all week without anyone on banner. Garnet's TM doesn't seem so great anymore now that I have Marie though.

Whew baby!

What a banner! Anyone looking to beef up their physical units cant go wrong here

Shera and Shine pulls will most definitely push the power creep forward a notch. I would say 500 mag/500 Atk is going to start looking like the minimum stat threshold for units going into ELT fights

This is a good banner to pull on in conjuction with the crystal changes. I might drop a little cash since Amazon is doing 15% bonus on coins

Rixa

But there's no cactuars? Just those turtles.

DrRob means gacha banner, not weekend dungeon (Gil Turtles).
And in Gacha banner good units with great Trust Masteries.

So no Cactuars dungeon during this weekend, I think it might be next weeks weekend :p.
I should have 5k Lapis for next banner, thus doing one 10+1 :p.

KeRaSh

He's not time exclusive. My advice would be to wait until orlandu. You'll probably pull him then with the gacha changes, and you might a whole load of useful tms. Also maybe been orlandu.

Right! That totally slipped my mind. I'd like to get a head start during the rate up, though...

Flambe

That's a sexy banner o.o

Not sure if I should spend or wait though, lapis is limited though I can do a 10+1..

However I have Noctis, Greg and Lightning for physical already so it might come down to the TMs, which are nice themselves though I have such a backlog already. Man -_-

Rixa

That's a sexy banner o.o

Not sure if I should spend or wait though, lapis is limited though I can do a 10+1..

However I have Noctis, Greg and Lightning for physical already so it might come down to the TMs, which are nice themselves though I have such a backlog already. Man -_-

I think I do that free off banner 10+1 and 5k Lapis on banner 10+1 after maintenance when I read from here that it is safe to pull that banner is going on. Obviously this all depends when maintenance (12h btw) ends.

Valentus

Shine's TM is gonna break arena.

If a whale (real whale) dont have problems un getting 5 Noctis, i dont ser why he cant get 20 shine's tms.

The New meta arena Will be a full wizzard team .. just yo counter this fuckery.

And when we get a "no black magic" arena week... Frustration x100000

Zalasta

So I get that if a tank dies while covering for another unit, it will continue to block all appropriate incoming damage that round. However, what I don't get is if I kill a tank before it covers anybody else, when I use barrage afterward its dead body can somehow still magically move over to cover as if it is still alive? I see this all the time in arena and I think it's stupidly broken.

To clarify, is the only way to obtain 6☆ Awakening materials through events and King Mog?

For the time being, yes. I don't know if that will change at some point in the future.

There's also the daily mystery box for 15k gil that sometimes has awakening mats, but they typically only come 1 or 2 at a time, so it's not really a viable means of progressing.

Skii

So I've taken a break from the game and I'm going to make one last push to try and get a native 5 star with the new crystal changes.

Is the Orlandu banner soon? What other news is there? I've only seen the stuff about the crystal change.

Zalasta

Speaking of awakening materials, it's a shame how quickly those new 5* materials (brilliant rays, wicked drops, etc) have become quite useless (and plentiful). None of the new units even use them, so sacred crystals still remain the bottleneck for 4 and 5* awakening.

Rixa

So I've taken a break from the game and I'm going to make one last push to try and get a native 5 star with the new crystal changes.

Is the Orlandu banner soon? What other news is there? I've only seen the stuff about the crystal change.

Ill loan @Bonkeng post:

1. Crystal Change (Blue = 3* base, Gold = 4* base, Rainbow = 5* base)

2. Free 10+1 pull after maintenance

3. Bunch of UI improvements

4. New Rings from achievements

5. Zoldaad Part 3 with Odin Esper

We don't know when Orlandu will hit. It can be in one week or in 5 weeks or in somewhere future.

Maintenance will be 12h long.

eggydoo

So I get that if a tank dies while covering for another unit, it will continue to block all appropriate incoming damage that round. However, what I don't get is if I kill a tank before it covers anybody else, when I use barrage afterward its dead body can somehow still magically move over to cover as if it is still alive? I see this all the time in arena and I think it's stupidly broken.

That is why I resorted to using a mage team in the arena. Also see glitches where petrified opponents can still counter.

Xion86

Grats on hitting the soft cap! Now, prepare to start grumbling when you don't get an energy point expansion on every level up, like I am :)

Thanks! And....damn I didn't realise you don't get any NRG expansion after that.

Also, wow at Shines TM, definitely one to go for! Looking forward to everything coming tomorrow (if there are no major delays that is).
Hopefully should have 4 free TM farming slots as well:

K9qpwYQl.png

Alkez

place your bets people.

12 hour maint. + 4 delays. 24 hour maint incoming.

I think they'll finish on time lol. I mean since the meltdown there hasn't been an extension once. If anything they've finished up to 2 hours early at times. They given themselves a lot of room to get this right.

But there is a lot of update for them get wrong lol.

Valentus

Noctis 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Deathbringer +120ATK+Dark Element
Left Hand: Deathbringer +120ATK+Dark Element
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 1: Twenty-sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Accessory 2: Twenty-sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Goddess's Protection +100%Status Resistance
Ability 3: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Ability 4: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 4960 MP: 308 ATK: 713 DEF: 254 MAG: 227 SPR: 212

713 ATK, 80% evasion rate, 100% damage to humans, inmune to all status ailments..
...alright then.

do you guys think we will get some sort of Bonus on Lapis purchase or some good bundles during this Crystal Change?

Im thinking of buying some lapis..

H3xum

do you guys think we will get some sort of Bonus on Lapis purchase or some good bundles during this Crystal Change?

Im thinking of buying some lapis..

I would guess not since they announced the Amazon coin 15% back. That will be about the only form of anything special I would expect to see

tuffymon

Another Garnet on daily, so I did go all week without anyone on banner. Garnet's TM doesn't seem so great anymore now that I have Marie though.

Good thing you can stack both, Garnet's is not an armor, but a materia.

I noticed this happens when you're impatient and send everything to attack at once, if he fully let Cecil (or whoever) die, animation stopping from that attack and all, than send the next person... they don't slide over for an after life special play~

NomarTyme

Noctis 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Deathbringer +120ATK+Dark Element
Left Hand: Deathbringer +120ATK+Dark Element
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 1: Twenty-sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Accessory 2: Twenty-sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Goddess's Protection +100%Status Resistance
Ability 3: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Ability 4: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 4960 MP: 308 ATK: 713 DEF: 254 MAG: 227 SPR: 212

713 ATK, 80% evasion rate, 100% damage to humans, inmune to all status ailments..
...alright then.
Please use this when we get Gilgamesh.

Pejo

No Leon after all the dailies. Might do one final 10+1 to see if I can snag at least one. his TM fits my team so well.

Also, I'm pissed that I just found out Sazh's TM can stack with itself. I've been trashing all of my duplicate Sazh units after I got my first 20 sided dice.

Bleh.

Lol

What is bad about the banner?

we have a 3 star base with a solid TM for those who want to replace slots that are currently filled with Atk+10% which is probably still most of you

And you get free Hp+15% (freed up ANOTHER slot) and a bonus 20% fire resist. DUDE thats just the 3 star base unit

Then we have the crystal change. That means ANY golds from you 11 pull are gonna be solid. There arent that many crappy 4 star base units guys and many of them are 6 star capable or will be in the future. Not to mention more dupes for TMs

Shine is solid for anyone who needs the slot filled (though she is really just average for most of us that are flush with DPS units) and her TM is sickeningly good

Lastly the 5 star base.... Dont chase her BUT with the crystal change ANY rainbow you get will finlly be a guaranteed happy experience

Pull if you can

mstevens

Okay thanks!

This new banner doesn't look great. Guess I'll just save.

Since you just started, you should really reroll if you want a base 5 that badly. This week will be the best time since we get a free 10+1. If you choose not to, I wouldn't complain about not getting one.

Lyrian

Thanks! And....damn I didn't realise you don't get any NRG expansion after that.

It's 1 EN per 2 level-ups after the soft cap (101 ~ 150). So, you'll get +1 every even level up. That will raise your max EN eventually from 110 at the soft cap to 135 at the current hard cap.

Good luck raising your rank past 120 though unless you are going to whale out Wicked Peaks though (rank xp curve goes pretty much vertical at that point).

Still, every EN point ontained (no matter how difficult to obtain) further increases refilling efficiency, and the amount of time one can sleep (oh god, yes) without wasting energy.

/taps foot impatiently for +30 EN expansion from anniversary. Only ~100 more days to go.

-----------

TM set is done before the maintenance.

Bracer and Brave Suit acquired; Elza up to 743 ATK now.

New TM Dream Team at the plate: Maxwell + 4x Zidane. So tasty.

I'm highly suspicious Gumi is hiding something. I'm very skeptical that there's nothing to do for an entire week except story mode. Not at this point in the game's life.

So, for the JP FFBE players, knowing what the paid lapis banner is for the week, and knowing that there is no Mog King for the week, what are the chances that there would be a raid event (Global should be due for the Bahamut raid, IMO), after the 2.0 patch and servers come back up (2.0 patch needed for raid + gacha?)?

Valentus

Okay thanks!

This new banner doesn't look great. Guess I'll just save.

TM-wise, the banner is fantastic.

Unit-wise, we dont know Olive yet, but as blind calculations, she might be a monster in ATK (lets see if her skills justify building that little monster)

Shine is a full-dark element unit, very good damage dealer. She can debuff 40% def and dark element to enemies, and has a skill that does 300% dark damage, and another skill that does 250% dark damage with 100% crit rate. Also has assesinate (50% KO one unit)

Shera is a 5star unit that has cheer and fire-element skills.

If Olive turns out to be another Yun, then this banner is worth pulling. Even if you dont get olive, you can get shines and if you got a rainbow, it would be a good unit.

Please use this when we get Gilgamesh.

I only have 1 20-side dice :(, but i can get 4 shines!

70% evasion rate bay-bay!

Pulled my first CoD this morning. Is she still worth leveling up?

Cloud of darkness is still the best Human Slayer unit in the game. With thorned mace, her passives (+125%), diabolos esper, and the new Man-Eater materia from fat chocobo, CoD gets an insane +275% damage to humans... damn good for Gilgamesh.

Also building her isnt too hard (human slayer oriented)

Thorned Mace
Tiger Mask
Magi Robe
Hero Ring x2 (ruler ring after update)
Man Eater
ATK+15%
Slot 3
Slot 4

(the final 2 slots can differ depending if you want more ATK or more HP)

Can get easily 500 ATK... very good.

Agreed

Shine is a solid DPS for Newbies

Not the best but has some very solid setups in the right circumstances just like any element unit that syncs with themselves. Obviously try to snag Firion if you can right now

Thanks for the info about Sazh TM Valentus. I had no idea it was any good.

I have 5 Sazh that I was thinking to delete all of them due to taking up unit space....... thankfully I didnt :)

Is firion any good now that he is 6?

Thanks for the info about Sazh TM Valentus. I had no idea it was any good.

I have 5 Sazh that I was thinking to delete all of them due to taking up unit space....... thankfully I didnt :)

Is firion any good now that he is 6?

YYYEEEESSSSS

Firion is one of the best 3 star bases in the game

Right up there with CoD, Rain, Bartz and other top of the line and easy to acquire units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom