• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

I think they'll finish on time lol. I mean since the meltdown there hasn't been an extension once. If anything they've finished up to 2 hours early at times. They given themselves a lot of room to get this right.

But there is a lot of update for them get wrong lol.

Maybe we'll accidentally get several free 10+1 pulls that they leave up for a little bit then realize. Then we go down another 24hrs? Then they remove whatever folks got from both and make you reroll.

Alkez

Shine is a full-dark element unit, very good damage dealer. She can debuff 40% def and dark element to enemies, and has a skill that does 300% dark damage, and another skill that does 250% dark damage with 100% crit rate. Also has assesinate (50% KO one unit)

I didn't know that about Shine. Was going to try get one for the tm but may level her up now as well.

Plus spies are cool.

Maybe we'll accidentally get several free 10+1 pulls that they leave up for a little bit then realize. Then we go down another 24hrs? Then they remove whatever folks got from both and make you reroll.

Or maybe we'll get the Chain Chronicles thing where friend point summons give us real summons.

One can dream lol.

is it worth putting Dualwield on ExDeath?

DW doesnt do anything for the magic stuff right?

Only certain magic scaling abilites like Sunbeam and Ace's Wild Card

Interestingly Ace's Wild Card is modified by his magic stat but attacks enemy def and carries Physical properties

So its essentially a physical attack modified by MAG instead of ATK

So weird... I wonder if Sunbeam is the same

Pachimari

I'm looking around Exvius Gamepedia and reading up on some stuff, and just learned that Star Quartz is a currency, that can be used at the Fat Chocobo Shop in each city. Any of their items I should go for?

I also see all of the different crysts are crafting material, that can be used to craft equipment, abilities and items. Interesting. But then I guess I need to obtain recipes on different stages. This makes me think that I should craft the abilities I don't have, in order to obtain all the lapis on each stage.

I should also pay more attention to what my units are equipped with and what armor they are wearing.

And then I also want to get into TM farming and sees that Trust Moogles can help in large, but it seems like you guys are just bringing your TM units to battle at the Shrines to farm their TM that way. And also fusing helps too of course.

Interestingly Ace's Wild Card is modified by his magic stat but attacks enemy def and carries Physical properties

I was hoping the Emperor's Starfall would function like this as well but I was sadly mistaken.

On another note I still have 1-2 spots open, post your ID. 900 Noctis, 800+ Elza, Gilgamesh, and Lightning. 600+ Emperor and Exdeath.

I'm looking around Exvius Gamepedia and reading up on some stuff, and just learned that Star Quartz is a currency, that can be used at the Fat Chocobo Shop in each city. Any of their items I should go for?

If you have a decent mage lying around, the earrings are a great get: DEF +3, MAG +20%. Throw two of those bad boys on your mage and you got somethin' special.

Otherwise, the force shield is good for a healer as it has a decent DEF rating and adds elemental resistance. Of course, this also would require getting the "equip heavy shield" TM, so YMMV on that one.

Pachimari

If you have a decent mage lying around, the earrings are a great get: DEF +3, MAG +20%. Throw two of those bad boys on your mage and you got somethin' special.

Otherwise, the force shield is good for a healer as it has a decent DEF rating and adds elemental resistance. Of course, this also would require getting the "equip heavy shield" TM, so YMMV on that one.

I got Lenna and Luka as healers, but which unit gives me that "equip heavy shield" TM? And I got Ace a mage, so I will look into getting him two earrings. That's a 40% increase in Magic which sounds way too good.

I got Lenna and Luka as healers, but which unit gives me that "equip heavy shield" TM? And I got Ace a mage, so I will look into getting him two earrings. That's a 40% increase in Magic which sounds way too good.

Charlotte

And yes ACE is awesome. Will be very useful for you

Definitely max Luka and retire Lenna once Luka is ready for prime time

Like Doc said, the heavy shield TM is from Charlotte. A couple banners back people were getting TONS of Charlottes (I ended up pulling 8 myself, including a troll rainbow).

And yes, the two earrings will give you a 40% boost. Can't beat that for 100 SQ. Enjoy!

Alkez

I also see all of the different crysts are crafting material, that can be used to craft equipment, abilities and items. Interesting. But then I guess I need to obtain recipes on different stages. This makes me think that I should craft the abilities I don't have, in order to obtain all the lapis on each stage.

I should also pay more attention to what my units are equipped with and what armor they are wearing.

And then I also want to get into TM farming and sees that Trust Moogles can help in large, but it seems like you guys are just bringing your TM units to battle at the Shrines to farm their TM that way. And also fusing helps too of course.

For Star Quartz I would say acquiring Man Eater in the upcoming Chocobo Shop is a good thing to get. It will be helpful for many things. Depending what units you have force shield and earrings can be good too (I acquired 2 of the latter). Black belt is nice to have but wouldn't recommend picking it up unless you needed it. I used it for a specific challenge and haven't used it since.

In terms of crafting you should try to complete as many trophies as possible so that you can get the receipt for hero rings (30 trophies completed) and it's successors that will be released in the upcoming patch. They take 3 days to make and need a lot of megacrysts, but are a really good items to have.

And yeah crating abilities is a good idea. Craft any killer abilities that you can, as well as bar spells. I crafted them as soon as I was able to and they've come in really handy for various events.

Yeah the main way to TM farm is via Earth Shrine with macros. I average 3% a day (per unit, no lapis nrg refills). But trust moogles do help and are easy to acquire. If you rank in the top 90k for the month in the Arena you will be given a trust moogle. It seems daunting but it's pretty easy to get in the top 90k.

Moogles are also nice for TMs that you want right now but you don't currently have the unit. They're nice to store away for those situations. Currently I have 11 moogles because there's no TM I desperately need atm, and if I'm fortunate enough to pull Eileen or Tidus, two units who need their TM to be most effective, then I'll be able to acquire them instantly.

Rixa

Btw. Ace's Wild Card when Dual Wielded blocks 4 hits instead 2. Noticed this when I tested ELT run and that stupid captain missed 4 times, but did hit 2 times :D

Trying to think of ways to make 375 dollars or allocate the funds somehow.

Gives me anxiety just thinking about spending that kind of money on a mobile game! But with that Amazon deal, I could be set for the next few banners...

Muku

Gives me anxiety just thinking about spending that kind of money on a mobile game! But with that Amazon deal, I could be set for the next few banners...

Or, if you aren't careful.... pull hard on a banner, curse, kick, scream, and still not end up with what you wanted.

Alkez

That moment when you realise Ling's esunaga cures disease and petrify. This unit really is such a great support unit.

Skii

Isn't the free multi tied to this new banner? I'd assume I have a good shot at getting Shine so I could just save for Orlandu but I guess I can keep pulling if it's recommended.

Isn't the free multi tied to this new banner? I'd assume I have a good shot at getting Shine so I could just save for Orlandu but I guess I can keep pulling if it's recommended.

nope

the banner units are in the pool but its an equalized pull. not unit bonus

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I'm really considering this, because I do think I'll have enough lapis to last me for the year. Buuuuuut gambling could get the best of me and I don't want to blow it. I'm scared.

I mean seriously that's the Nintendo Switch and Zelda right there. Versus a bunch of digital characters for a game that will disappear when the server's die one day.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I'm really considering this, because I do think I'll have enough lapis to last me for the year. Buuuuuut gambling could get the best of me and I don't want to blow it. I'm scared.

I mean seriously that's the Nintendo Switch and Zelda right there. Versus a bunch of digital characters for a game that will disappear when the server's die one day.

Yea if I don't pull at least one unit from any of the upcoming banners, specifically targeting the player's choice (Noctis, any other of the top 5*), it would just make things that much worse.

That's a lot of money to gamble on and money I shouldn't be spending either! If it was last year, I'd have an option via work and this health rewards thing we have, but this year I have to wait to get the Amazon giftcards per quarter, and I already used up this quarters...

Being a grown up is no fun sometimes!

tuffymon

Hmm, if/when I pull a Shine, I'll have to work on Sazh at the same time... between both of those and a ring of the lucii on Noctis that should be close to if not 100% right? >.>;

Wazzy

Banned
I've been spending this whole week TM farming(with a couple breaks to do arena and daily quests) and it's coming along nicely. I'm hoping in a couple weeks I can finish at least one.

I really need to find a way to rank up faster so I have more stamina to spend towards farming. Any recommendations?

What is this amazon deal that yall are talking about?

Yeah you get 15% back of the coins you spend when you normally get 5% back. The largest amount of coins you can buy is $500 worth but when you buy in bulk you save 25% off. So when all of this is said and done that's $375 for 50,000 coins + 7,500 from the 15%. If you're buying the lapis bundles in game for the largest amounts this will get you about 100,000 lapis when you spend it all.

$375 for 100,000 lapis. Worth it??????? Depends on what you pull I guess.

Skii

So with the Crystal change, is it now 1% to pull the banner native 5 star or is it 0.5% but now you don't have to entertain a troll rainbow?

nope

the banner units are in the pool but its an equalized pull. not unit bonus

Ah okay damn. Hopefully I can get Noctis from it.

Pachimari

Charlotte

And yes ACE is awesome. Will be very useful for you

Definitely max Luka and retire Lenna once Luka is ready for prime time
Yeah I'm replacing Lenna as soon as Luka is ready.

Like Doc said, the heavy shield TM is from Charlotte. A couple banners back people were getting TONS of Charlottes (I ended up pulling 8 myself, including a troll rainbow).

And yes, the two earrings will give you a 40% boost. Can't beat that for 100 SQ. Enjoy!
I'll keep an eye out for the two ear rings but they seem to be 50 star quartz each and I only got 24 star quartz. I should keep an eye out for a Charlotte pull as well.

For Star Quartz I would say acquiring Man Eater in the upcoming Chocobo Shop is a good thing to get. It will be helpful for many things. Depending what units you have force shield and earrings can be good too (I acquired 2 of the latter). Black belt is nice to have but wouldn't recommend picking it up unless you needed it. I used it for a specific challenge and haven't used it since.

In terms of crafting you should try to complete as many trophies as possible so that you can get the receipt for hero rings (30 trophies completed) and it's successors that will be released in the upcoming patch. They take 3 days to make and need a lot of megacrysts, but are a really good items to have.

And yeah crating abilities is a good idea. Craft any killer abilities that you can, as well as bar spells. I crafted them as soon as I was able to and they've come in really handy for various events.

Yeah the main way to TM farm is via Earth Shrine with macros. I average 3% a day (per unit, no lapis nrg refills). But trust moogles do help and are easy to acquire. If you rank in the top 90k for the month in the Arena you will be given a trust moogle. It seems daunting but it's pretty easy to get in the top 90k.

Moogles are also nice for TMs that you want right now but you don't currently have the unit. They're nice to store away for those situations. Currently I have 11 moogles because there's no TM I desperately need atm, and if I'm fortunate enough to pull Eileen or Tidus, two units who need their TM to be most effective, then I'll be able to acquire them instantly.
So much to take in here. I'll make a list of the items I should craft. I also don't know how to do Macros, is that even allowed? I'm on Android btw.

I'm thinking of crafting the Stone ability so that I won't need to bring Rain in my party when going up against Veritas of the Heavens but maybe the ability won't be as strong as if I use Rain's earth attack.

I'll keep an eye out for the two ear rings but they seem to be 50 star quartz each and I only got 24 star quartz. I should keep an eye out for a Charlotte pull as well.

So much to take in here. I'll make a list of the items I should craft. I also don't know how to do Macros, is that even allowed? I'm on Android btw.

SQ add up pretty quickly. I still have almost 400 left after buying the earrings and force shield from purchasing SQ from Mog Kings and getting one daily from the arena.

And TM macros are definitely allowed on GL. There are tons of guides out there for Memu and Nox, which are both for Android devices and PCs. I personally don't use them because I'm on an iPhone, but I do use something called Switch Control which achieves basically the same purpose. Once you get one of these systems going, you will NEVER go back to manual TM farming again.

Do you guys complete the quests the citizens in the towns gives you?

I still have a ton outstanding, so I should probably get back to them at some point. If nothing else you can get trophies for quests completed, so they're worth doing for that alone. The actual quest rewards are pretty lackluster, but you do get SQ from some of them, which feeds back into your former question.

Alkez

Ah my bad Muku. I mean Tilith pretty much does what she does anyways.

I'm thinking of crafting the Stone ability so that I won't need to bring Rain in my party when going up against Veritas of the Heavens but maybe the ability won't be as strong as if I use Rain's earth attack.

Sorry, wasn't trying to overload you with information lol. Just wanted to cover all the points you were discussing. I've been playing since day 1 so I've grown with the game but jumping in now can be a lot.

It's possible if you want to do it on your phone through an app called FRep. However it does mean you can't use your phone/tablet when you're doing it, so it only really works if you have two devices. I have two phones so this is how I do it.

However you can do it on the PC through a programme called Nox. If you do it this way you won't have to create the macros yourself as you can download them. I've attached the guides for both.

In terms of Veritas, Rain is nice to have for undermine (full break) and leadership so I wouldn't swap him out. Stone only does 1.2 damage so it's not really worth it. Stonaga does 1.8 which you can use in your off turns (undermine, leadership, stonaga, repeat).

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yeah you get 15% back of the coins you spend when you normally get 5% back. The largest amount of coins you can buy is $500 worth but when you buy in bulk you save 25% off. So when all of this is said and done that's $375 for 50,000 coins + 7,500 from the 15%. If you're buying the lapis bundles in game for the largest amounts this will get you about 100,000 lapis when you spend it all.

$375 for 100,000 lapis. Worth it??????? Depends on what you pull I guess.

Where do I purchase this? This is the first time I heard of this coin thingy.

Where do I purchase this? This is the first time I heard of this coin thingy.

I almost feel like not saying where because I don't want to enable anybody..... Lol

But anyway, it's a tab in the Amazon marketplace. You could probably just search Amazon Coins on Amazon and they'll be there. Apparently downloading Exvius through Amazon isn't available in certain countries, and according to some user reviews there's FREAKING TAX on the Amazon Coins so check if your state or wherever you live doesn't have any shenanigans. I'm in Cali and don't have any stipulations.

Alkez

OMG LOL

;_;
;_;

Guess who also didn't get Tilith?

I am still running Refia. Trying to finish this damn Dual Cast so she can be a little more useful during events and shit.

And I'm just digging my own grave here lol. I didn't get Tilith either. I prefer Refia though for her sprite lol. Dual cast makes Refia so much better. You'll notice how much more useful she is with it.

eggydoo

What's the awakening level are your characters now? I remember once I got most my characters to 5 stars, he was a breeze. But it was a struggle when I was still 3-4 stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom