• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Man, I have so many units to level up.

I'm thinking of putting the rest of my first Growth Egg into TM rotation after I finish up my Black Cowl.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but:

The best way to level a unit quickly is to equip 2x growth egg, then do the best exploration NRG/EXP wise with only that unit + a strong friend unit that solos the stage (probably Noctis for MP recovery). Is this still the best way?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I almost feel like not saying where because I don't want to enable anybody..... Lol

But anyway, it's a tab in the Amazon marketplace. You could probably just search Amazon Coins on Amazon and they'll be there. Apparently downloading Exvius through Amazon isn't available in certain countries, and according to some user reviews there's FREAKING TAX on the Amazon Coins so check if your state or wherever you live doesn't have any shenanigans. I'm in Cali and don't have any stipulations.

Ah. Found it. Hm. Now I need to figure out how it works so I can ponder if this is worth it.

Man, I have so many units to level up.

I'm thinking of putting the rest of my first Growth Egg into TM rotation after I finish up my Black Cowl.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but:

The best way to level a unit quickly is to equip 2x growth egg, then do the best exploration NRG/EXP wise with only that unit + a strong friend unit that solos the stage (probably Noctis for MP recovery). Is this still the best way?

Exploration IF you have the time

Or just grind ADV vortex for 60k a pop

I recommend Vortex for your sanity. Its a mobile game. Dont be glued to your phone all day

Muku

And I'm just digging my own grave here lol. I didn't get Tilith either. I prefer Refia though for her sprite lol. Dual cast makes Refia so much better. You'll notice how much more useful she is with it.

LOL. Refia's sprite and animation is win. Haven't been able to work her and Yun into a group yet. But the Chocoboness would be a winning combo.

Yeah, there's been events at the high end I can't complete because she can't do it alone. And Cecil can't help because he needs to be able to tank. I'm like ~20%ish left to go on Dual Cast. Can't really do the ELT this event because I don't really have a non shit mage group for it.

Pejo

Exploration IF you have the time

Or just grind ADV vortex for 60k a pop

I recommend Vortex for your sanity. Its a mobile game. Dont be glued to your phone all day

Yea, good point. That's the perfect use of NRG while I'm at work and can't concentrate on my phone. Plus I still have 10% left on my first growth egg, and haven't even started a second one yet, so I have some time until I can even put this plan into motion. I think it's worth it though, my pool of 4* units is pretty disgustingly large with units that need leveled up and advanced.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. is it me or has the mood around here changed 180 degrees over the past week? love seeing all the HYPE and TMs getting completed and n00bies finding their footing and all the math n' shit. HELL YES.

2. Since this last banner I've finished Blade Mastery, Bracer #1, and [drum rolllllll] SEAL OF DESTRUCTION! Bringing Noctis up to 791 ATK. And with my 2nd bracer and black cowl incoming he'll be up to 815! Think that will be my max for him with the TMs I have available.

3. Meanwhile the Yun TMs are getting going with my 2nd dual wield, kaiser fist, and crimson slayer all in the hopper as we speak! Hell yes!

4. Pulled a daily halfer for some reason today (god forbid I cross 4k lapis, right?) and pulled a gold crystal! It's Faris!! :| (already had her).

Muku

Because they're giving us FFBE units, but they look fun, different, and exciting. See, I knew they could do it. Just a matter whether they would or not. Not everything has to be about main line units. But seeing fun BE units is great too.

Edit: Ugh Faris? My apologies. I hate Faris so much but she pops up often enough to keep me pissed.

Alkez

LOL. Refia's sprite and animation is win. Haven't been able to work her and Yun into a group yet. But the Chocoboness would be a winning combo.

Yeah, there's been events at the high end I can't complete because she can't do it alone. And Cecil can't help because he needs to be able to tank. I'm like ~20%ish left to go on Dual Cast. Can't really do the ELT this event because I don't really have a non shit mage group for it.

Ah yeah the event was a grind. I attempted it for the first time this morning, but like you I have no mages that were going to help so I took a physical team. It took literally 40 mins of just widdling the boss down. Dual cast Refia was key though. Maybe use the arena moogle this month to get it quicker?

regarding that FREE 10+1 pull.

Is there a time limit on that one?
I have a feeling Gumi has nerfed the drop rates of top tier units from the free pull. much like using tickets compared to Lapis seems to be giving shittier units more frequently

Muku

Ah yeah the event was a grind. I attempted it for the first time this morning, but like you I have no mages that were going to help so I took a physical team. It took literally 40 mins of just widdling the boss down. Dual cast Refia was key though. Maybe use the arena moogle this month to get it quicker?

Yeah, I want Trust Moogle behind it... but then... that's not happening. I could take a physical team, but I really have no patience for that kind of time on a damn mobile game. Or hell, even some console games. Not for a boss fight like that. No thanks.

I'll be waiting on this months Moogle. I stopped manual TM farming, so I rely exclusively on Moogles now. I just don't have time to manual TM farm anymore. Not with basically two jobs. :( I just hope physical resistant things are the new hotness. That and not like my physical group is all that amazing anyway. ;_;

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yeah you get 15% back of the coins you spend when you normally get 5% back. The largest amount of coins you can buy is $500 worth but when you buy in bulk you save 25% off. So when all of this is said and done that's $375 for 50,000 coins + 7,500 from the 15%. If you're buying the lapis bundles in game for the largest amounts this will get you about 100,000 lapis when you spend it all.

$375 for 100,000 lapis. Worth it??????? Depends on what you pull I guess.

I think I did the math wrong... I'm not calculating the 100k lapis.

regarding that FREE 10+1 pull.

Is there a time limit on that one?
I have a feeling Gumi has nerfed the drop rates of top tier units from the free pull. much like using tickets compared to Lapis seems to be giving shittier units more frequently

The pull is only available through 3/9, so you need to make the pull before then. I don't know about the drop rates, but pulling on the rare summon banner (which is what this is) is damn hard to get a rainbow anyways. It is good, however, for getting TM units, which is what I'm expecting and actually hoping for. I mean, a rainbow would be nice, but the chances are so low that I'm not counting on it.

Thanks for the info.

Why are people so mad about Rainbows?

is it because its already maxed and no need to use Cactaurs/ awaken materials? or do these rainbows also come maxed in stats etc" no need to use pots" compared to Gold or just blue crystal units??

Alkez

Yeah, I want Trust Moogle behind it... but then... that's not happening. I could take a physical team, but I really have no patience for that kind of time on a damn mobile game. Or hell, even some console games. Not for a boss fight like that. No thanks.

I'll be waiting on this months Moogle. I stopped manual TM farming, so I rely exclusively on Moogles now. I just don't have time to manual TM farm anymore. Not with basically two jobs. :( I just hope physical resistant things are the new hotness. That and not like my physical group is all that amazing anyway. ;_;

Yeah physical resistance sucks. I don't mind fights being long, but I like them to be long because they're challenging, not because I'm doing 1% every turn lol.

How comes you don't use macros?

And why the two jobs (or basically two jobs)? (Apologies if that's too personal a question.)

Thanks for the info.

Why are people so mad about Rainbows?

is it because its already maxed and no need to use Cactaurs/ awaken materials? or do these rainbows also come maxed in stats etc" no need to use pots" compared to Gold or just blue crystal units??

A rainbow crystal now means you get a 5* base unit, which are (in general) the best of the best. So units like Noctis, Gilgamesh, Yun, Luneth, etc. They all have 6* upgrade, but at the base they are a 5*, which in general translates to much better stats than the units that are available as a 3 or 4* base.

Accordingly, pulling a rainbow is statistically very low. Before the crystal change that happens tonight it was even worse as a rainbow simply meant that it was a 5* unit and could be a 3 or 4* base unit that was upgraded to 5*. Those pulls were called "troll rainbows" for that reason. The true intention of the rainbow is that you get a 5* base unit, which is why the change is very important and appreciated as it guarantees that you get a true 5* base unit if you happen to pull a rainbow crystal.

I think I did the math wrong... I'm not calculating the 100k lapis.

The largest in game lapis bundle you can buy is $100 for 18,000 lapis. $100 = 10,000 coins. So when you spend all 50,000 coins from the largest Amazon Coin bundle you will get 90,000 lapis in return. The extra 15% return gets you another 7,500 coins. Spend those in as large of increments as you can, the $50 bundle which gets you 7,500 lapis, the $20 bundle that gets you 3,200 lapis, and the $4 and $1 purchase which gets you 620 lapis.

So it actually adds up to 101,320 lapis if you do it this way. By spending all 375$ worth of Amazon Coins during the promotion.

Now I got myself thinking of just throwing in another $25 to make the 7,500 Amazon Coins an even 10,000 in order to buy the largest bundle (BECAUSE THE SAVINGS!!!) and buy that bundle six times. Thus spending $400 and getting 108,000 lapis. I'm guessing spending that little extra would get 15% back from that transaction too, so that's another 1,500 Amazon Coins. But theres no $15 lapis bundle so if have to break it down to the $10 , $4 and $1 purchases. FML WHY WOULD I EVEN SPEND THIS MONEY LIKE THIS!?!!

The largest in game lapis bundle you can buy is $100 for 18,000 lapis. $100 = 10,000 coins. So when you spend all 50,000 coins from the largest Amazon Coin bundle you will get 90,000 lapis in return. The extra 15% return gets you another 7,500 coins. Spend those in as large of increments as you can, the $50 bundle which gets you 7,500 lapis, the $20 bundle that gets you 3,200 lapis, and the $4 and $1 purchase which gets you 620 lapis.

So it actually adds up to 101,320 lapis if you do it this way. By spending all 375$ worth of Amazon Coins during the promotion.

You could also buy the 2500 coins bundle with the 50000 and you would get 108000 Lapis for around $398 which is what I will be doing.

tuffymon

4. Pulled a daily halfer for some reason today (god forbid I cross 4k lapis, right?) and pulled a gold crystal! It's Faris!! :| (already had her).

I don't have her Tm ready... and let's be honest I won't anytime soon, BUT it MIGHT stack with dragon or aqua killer materia since her's is a combo, which could make her a just a hair above facepalm right?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I don't have her Tm ready... and let's be honest I won't anytime soon, BUT it MIGHT stack with dragon or aqua killer materia since her's is a combo, which could make her a just a hair above facepalm right?

Feel like if I get to the point where I have time to farm a dragon/aqua killer TM then I'll have such a badass team I will literally never need it? Maybe a year from now and there's some crazy world-ending dragon or something but otherwise nah. Useless.

A rainbow crystal now means you get a 5* base unit, which are (in general) the best of the best. So units like Noctis, Gilgamesh, Yun, Luneth, etc. They all have 6* upgrade, but at the base they are a 5*, which in general translates to much better stats than the units that are available as a 3 or 4* base.

Accordingly, pulling a rainbow is statistically very low. Before the crystal change that happens tonight it was even worse as a rainbow simply meant that it was a 5* unit and could be a 3 or 4* base unit that was upgraded to 5*. Those pulls were called "troll rainbows" for that reason. The true intention of the rainbow is that you get a 5* base unit, which is why the change is very important and appreciated as it guarantees that you get a true 5* base unit if you happen to pull a rainbow crystal.

oki, I think I get it now.
Is noctis available in 4 star? or is only available in 5 star ?
If I pull a noctis, he will be a 5 star 100% ??

So conflicted right now.

4x Ludmille baking in the oven:

19.7%
20.4%
19.3%
21.1%

If I combine them all I get 95.5%, meaning my first Dual Cast is within striking distance now.

Do I ever truly need more than one? I ask because I know I technically also have 2x @ 50%, but if I won't ever really need a second one I would like to just combine all 4.

Help GAF!

Azuran

Banned
So conflicted right now.

4x Ludmille baking in the oven:

19.7%
20.4%
19.3%
21.1%

If I combine them all I get 95.5%, meaning my first Dual Cast is within striking distance now.

Do I ever truly need more than one? I ask because I know I technically also have 2x @ 50%, but if I won't ever really need a second one I would like to just combine all 4.

Help GAF!

Get two and you're set. One for Refia and another one on Cecil. I don't think you need anything more than that since most top tier mages have innate Dual Cast.

Get two and you're set. One for Refia and another one on Cecil. I don't think you need anything more than that since most top tier mages have innate Dual Cast.

I use both Refia and Cecil currently but my worry is that I also have Tilith so that second Dual Cast will eventually no longer be needed, plus I would need to continue farming for quite a long while yet and no Moogles. Trying to save them for a rainy day on a TM I don't have 4 character units for.

I also TM farm via iPhone Switch Control so I don't want to always lose access to my phone.

Just trying to plan ahead. I've also noticed for most challenges I end up curaja with Refia and Cecil. Dual Cast on Refia clears up Cecil, so I wonder if he truly needs it.

tuffymon

I don't get it.

Buying the $25 in addition to all the other purchases with the refunds and rebates to rebuy 1 more time~ Math was used earlier ^

@Euphoria14 Realistically, you can do just fine with 1 on your healer (except Tilith since ya), having 2 just makes some situations even easier.

I don't get it.

So you pay the $375 for the max bundle of 50k coins. You get 7500 back with the 15% refund promotion so you can then buy the 2500 bundle to get another 10k. So you would have 60k total coins which is 6 $100 Lapis bundles or 108k lapis. This is all of course assuming you are in or using a State that doesn't tax you.

I don't get it.

Since the Amazon promotion gets you 15% back, when you spend 50,000 coins you'll get 7500 back. But spending an extra $25 to get 2500 will get you a nice 10,000. Which lets you buy the $100 lapis bundle, which has the best bonus lapis for your buck.

That is a terrifying amount of dollars. I'll be over here on Free Island!

If the crystal change wasn't happening I wouldn't be doing it. Randi and Lightning were the only 2 units I "chased" and both of them took more lapis to get than my 14 other base 5*s combined. Purchasing this Lapis now it should last me at least 6 months. I am good with that.

Zalasta

Really hate my pull luck lately, Penelo yesterday and today for daily, not a single banner unit yet (well, I did get a dupe Firion...)

c-murph

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I'm really considering this, because I do think I'll have enough lapis to last me for the year. Buuuuuut gambling could get the best of me and I don't want to blow it. I'm scared.

I mean seriously that's the Nintendo Switch and Zelda right there. Versus a bunch of digital characters for a game that will disappear when the server's die one day.

Yeeeeaaaaah, buy food... Or if money isn't really that big of a deal to you then donate it to someone who needs food.

across

I use both Refia and Cecil currently but my worry is that I also have Tilith so that second Dual Cast will eventually no longer be needed, plus I would need to continue farming for quite a long while yet and no Moogles. Trying to save them for a rainy day on a TM I don't have 4 character units for.

I also TM farm via iPhone Switch Control so I don't want to always lose access to my phone.

Just trying to plan ahead. I've also noticed for most challenges I end up curaja with Refia and Cecil. Dual Cast on Refia clears up Cecil, so I wonder if he truly needs it.

For what it's worth, I ground two of them out with the intent of Refia+Cecil, but in reality you rarely need that much healing on any of the trials we've currently got rolling... though I guess that depends on your team makeup & power.

My second Dualcast lives on Ramza for DC Ultima in Arena. I don't regret getting it, but I wouldn't say it's strictly necessary. It's very much a utility thing that gets thrown around for certain events. I'd personally get two as a 'just in case' thing but if your TM backlog is big and you want to move on, I wouldn't stress about it.

robotuw

As far as I can remember this is the longest scheduled maintenance we've had (happening in 3 hours, don't forget!) and the first time the majority of players will be guaranteed to lose NRG from it even if they were prepared. Think Gumi compensate any of that nrg even if they finish the maintenance on time?

wilstreak

As far as I can remember this is the longest scheduled maintenance we've had (happening in 3 hours, don't forget!) and the first time the majority of players will be guaranteed to lose NRG from it even if they were prepared. Think Gumi compensate any of that nrg even if they finish the maintenance on time?
i believe free 10+1 pull is more than enough as a compensation.
but ofc having free 100 lapis is good to.

For what it's worth, I ground two of them out with the intent of Refia+Cecil, but in reality you rarely need that much healing on any of the trials we've currently got rolling... though I guess that depends on your team makeup & power.

My second Dualcast lives on Ramza for DC Ultima in Arena. I don't regret getting it, but I wouldn't say it's strictly necessary. It's very much a utility thing that gets thrown around for certain events. I'd personally get two as a 'just in case' thing but if your TM backlog is big and you want to move on, I wouldn't stress about it.

Thank you for the thourough response.

I do have a "backlog", if you wish to call it that. I am f2p and wish to move onto Charlotte's TM, for Refia, if I could because during her banner Ive gained a 65% Charlotte and 4x extras. I pulled quite a bit back then.

I also have 5 Leo's and quite a few Miyazaki and Hyate.

My current TM are Dual Wield and Blade Mastery, so if I could switch gears to a Katana TM and really not need to worry about "needing" a second Dual Cast, I would like to switch gears.

across

Thank you for the thourough response.

I do have a "backlog", if you wish to call it that. I am f2p and wish to move onto Charlotte's TM, for Refia, if I could because during her banner Ive gained a 65% Charlotte and 4x extras. I pulled quite a bit back then.

I also have 5 Leo's and quite a few Miyazaki and Hyate.

My current TM are Dual Wield and Blade Mastery, so if I could switch gears to a Katana TM and really not need to worry about "needing" a second Dual Cast, I would like to switch gears.

I personally haven't encountered anything where I've "needed" a second copy of Dualcast, but a few minor areas where it's been useful. I'd just finish your first one now and move on. You're likely to pull another Ludmille in the future anyway.

If you have 65% and 4 extras, you're basically done - that's 85% already; one day of TMing (3%ish x 5) will get you the TM finished. Equip Shield + Aegis/Force Shield is a solid survivability boost.

In your shoes, I'd finish Dualcast, then burn a day to get Equip Shield done, then probably move onto Miyuki for a Sakurafubuki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom