• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Reason for Dualcast outside use for Refia/Cecil, was I could quickly turn any mage into a chaining mage like for FFT Mog King again, if need be.

Last calls for V Day banner if you want some C some Lunas or Artz

I personally haven't encountered anything where I've "needed" a second copy of Dualcast, but a few minor areas where it's been useful. I'd just finish your first one now and move on. You're likely to pull another Ludmille in the future anyway.

If you have 65% and 4 extras, you're basically done - that's 85% already; one day of TMing (3%ish x 5) will get you the TM finished. Equip Shield + Aegis/Force Shield is a solid survivability boost.

In your shoes, I'd finish Dualcast, then burn a day to get Equip Shield done, then probably move onto Miyuki for a Sakurafubuki.

What you listed is exactly what I wanted to plan.

Thank you.

mstevens

Okay ExviusGaf, I need your expertise.

I've recently gotten to the point in the game where I can TM grind. I have 0 finished, but I have one at 70% and will be focusing on that until it's done. I'm trying to plan out my next moves and could use some insight.

For context, my best characters are Agrias, Noctis, Exdeath, Luka, CoD, Snow and Rain. I need to pull a Cecil to tank and am planning on leveling my Firion. These are the characters I'm trying to outfit.

I'm not going to bother listing their current equipment because it's mostly garbage and none of it is TMs.

My current TM party is:
Hayate 45%
Zidane 46%
Zidane 70%
Agrias 53%
Gaffgarion 43%

As those finish, I want to fill the ranks with the TMs that will benefit me the quickest. Here is the list of units I have with TMs that I think are desirable:
Miyuki
Xiao x2
Hayate x3 (in addition to the one in my current TM party)
Charlotte
Elle
Cupid Luna
Guy
Bartz
Leo x2
Kefka
Shantotto
Snow
Alma
Popoi

So I guess what I'm asking is, of those what do I prioritize to get my party where it needs to be efficiently? Also, what units do I need to look out for to pull to fill in the biggest holes in my party and their equipment? Luckily there are a lot of units I still need to pull (Refia, Cecil, several 4* and 5* come to mind) and I'm planning on spending my first $$ once the crystal change happens. That way, if I whiff on a 5* hopefully I'll get one of these other units or TMs I need.

I can list their current equipment if it would be helpful, but it's mostly stuff I got by going through the game besides Enhancer, Soul Crown, and Unusual Artifact.

Quoting for a new page - maybe someone will be bored enough during the maintenance to comment ;) Any input is appreciated!

Do you have Locke? He's a 3* base and his TM is the best throwing weapon in the game and makes CoD a serious DMG Dealer.

Yes I have Locke, I'll add him to my que. Can Noctis use the Miyuki TM?

oki, I think I get it now.
Is noctis available in 4 star? or is only available in 5 star ?
If I pull a noctis, he will be a 5 star 100% ??

Noctis is one of the 5* base units, which means his minimum star rating is 5*. That's one of the reasons he's so coveted and rare to pull. If you go to this unit listing, it shows you what the minimum star value is to pull the different units (listed under the rarity column). Noctis joins the likes of Gilgamesh, Dark Fina, Luneth, etc as the best (and rarest) units in the game and show as having a 5* base value. For comparison, Cecil is on that chart with a minimum 3* since you can pull a 3, 4, or 5* version of him. The higher the base star value, the harder it is to pull them.

Make sense? Oh, and 5* is the best version of a unit you can pull. Even units that have a 6* upgrade available can only be pulled at a max of 5*. You can't pull a 6* unit.

To answer your other question, all pulled units start at level 1 in their respective star grade. Meaning, a Noctis will be 5*, level 1.

Broseybrose

Do you have Locke? He's a 3* base and his TM is the best throwing weapon in the game and makes CoD a serious DMG Dealer.

Prioritize for the units youre using. Lordly Robe for Luka, etc.

Hayates Mask is good on everyone so youll want as many as possible.

Shantottos TM is incredibly valuable for mages.

I think Miyuki TM will work with Luneth. Not sure about Luneth and Katana. Or if it even pays to grind that katana until you have blade mastery...

Bartz doublehand for more power and flex.

Snow Belt for more power and defense.

It takes a lot of time which gives you plenty of time to plan and prioritize.

edit- its probably not worth it for Noctis to use Sakurafub until you have Blade Mastery as well. Im NOT SURE about this though...

Also Charlottes TM + Leos TM gives Luka access strongest shield in game... its really up to you where you want to prioritize your efforts!

Valentus

Tomorrow Will be a New era for Exvius gaf. A happier era. Good luck everyone sinceramente Tomorrow, we waited this moment for months, lets enjoy It and celebrate!

Quoting for a new page - maybe someone will be bored enough during the maintenance to comment ;) Any input is appreciated!

I don't remember what Cupid and Popoi's are but priortize beefing up what you have now first so as much as you'll want another Black Cowl for your future second physical DPS powerhouse, save it for a little later. I'd say next go with this batch:

Miyuki (then make sure to get Chorizo when she wins a spot in the player's choice to pair her TM with this and put both on Noctis)

Charlotte for healer

Leo to pair with Charlotte's on healer

Alma for healer

Shantotto for ExDeath

If you get a Chorizo from player's choice, swap hers in for Leo's as you can get other solid heavy shields from the game in the meantime so his can wait if need be.

Mipcgamer

Tomorrow Will be a New era for Exvius gaf. A happier era. Good luck everyone sinceramente Tomorrow, we waited this moment for months, lets enjoy It and celebrate!

Where are you from Valentus?

I find funny that your auto correct randomly throws spanish words lol.
(I'm from Chile, so spanish is my language)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Asking again since I didn't get a response back due to being one of the last posts of the page. Does anyone know when the Amazon coin promo ends? Wondering if I need to speed up my thinking of buying it.

Broseybrose

Hear Hear!

Im planning on finally pulling some rainbows up in this mofo!

Olive seems like a great place to start. Hell Ill take an Emperor while Im at it (for that TM).

across

You don't really have any huge gamechangers available here aside from your two Dual Wields that are already cooking.

Xiao's TM + Snow's TM is good on Firion. Miyuki for your Noctis, though a lot of the value of Katanas is wrapped up in activating Blade Mastery (Chizuru's TM). Having a spare high attack one is good though. Noctis can use and benefit from it, as can Firion.

Bartz's TM is of dubious relevance right now, especially since you're rolling two DWs. Hayate's TM is good to have 2-3 copies of (it's great for Refia, if/when you pull her) but it's not necessarily a high priority target. Cupid Luna's TM is probably going to be great for coming trials.

CoD treated me very very well and she's still situationally a great unit, but I'm unsure if I could in good conscience suggest you TM Locke at this point in the game. If you aren't fighting humans than she's basically a tanky support caster.

The rest of your options are good-but-not-exciting defensive boosts (Charlotte + Leo for your healer, Elle, Guy) and magic boosts (Shantotto, Popoi, Alma). I personally like having a set of magic-boosting TMs around for events, as beefy mages tend to come in handy. But your mage is Exdeath and he can't use robes, and it's not worth TMing Alma for a healer (they want Celes' TM, if you have one of her)

My advice is to not make any firm decisions until you see what the free 10+1 gives you, then check back in the thread with those results.

mstevens

Umm...

So I just downloaded FFBE on Amazon Underground. I logged into my facebook account that is linked to my FFBE account. It started from the beginning of the game. Now every time I log out and log back into the game via that facebook account, it logs into this brand new account.

I tried logging into my other facebook account that had my original account and the same thing happened.

Umm...

So I just downloaded FFBE on Amazon Underground. I logged into my facebook account that is linked to my FFBE account. It started from the beginning of the game. Now every time I log out and log back into the game via that facebook account, it logs into this brand new account.

I tried logging into my other facebook account that had my original account and the same thing happened.
Oh god I hope you didn't lose that account man...

I don't know but it shouldn't overwrite? If you linked the original one to the Facebook it should be there. I've never had issues doing that.

Valentus

Umm...

I have both Google Play and Amazon running my account so your account is fine. It must be some crazy shit in your phone.

mstevens

Oh god I hope you didn't lose that account man...

I don't know but it shouldn't overwrite? If you linked the original one to the Facebook it should be there. I've never had issues doing that.

Well, I just logged out and in on my iPad and it's going to my normal account. When I log in with the same facebook on Amazon Underground, it goes to this new account. Not sure what's going on.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Well, I just logged out and in on my iPad and it's going to my normal account. When I log in with the same facebook on Amazon Underground, it goes to this new account. Not sure what's going on.

Might be the cache remembering your new acct.

Huh that's so odd. I haven't used iPad so maybe there's a different step. Did you start the game outright or just log right in to Facebook?

One thing I did when I started using multiple accounts is got rid of Facebook app on my phone. I don't even use it.

Definitely try clearing cache/data from the app.

Great, thanks guys!
np but on second thought, do Snow over Leo since you don't have Gaff to learn Bracers. Snow's will give Noctis a 30% ATK boost so well worth learning.
Umm...

Most likely you are hitting the white space on log-in. You need to hit the log in with facebook button on that log-in page with the FFBE logo. If you hit anywhere else on the screen, it just auto logs you in and as your FB account isn't linked yet, it will start you with a fresh account.

mstevens

Deleting and uninstalling did not help. Going to try downloading through the google play store (which worked for me before).

I'm still logged in on my phone. There a code hidden somewhere in the options menu that I can use to verify my account with customer support, right? Anyone know where that code is?

Most likely you are hitting the white space on log-in. You need to hit the log in with facebook button on that log-in page with the FFBE logo. If you hit anywhere else on the screen, it just auto logs you in and as your FB account isn't linked yet, it will start you with a fresh account.

Nah, I'm getting the facebook login screen and the "You are already authorized..." message I normally do.

edit update: so after reinstalling the amazon underground ffbe app a few times with no better results, I downloaded from the google play store and logged into facebook and got my normal account. Really strange.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Don't worry guys, I already got OT4 ready

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Troll-Free, but that same great disappointment.

A rainbow crystal now means you get a 5* base unit, which are (in general) the best of the best. So units like Noctis, Gilgamesh, Yun, Luneth, etc. They all have 6* upgrade, but at the base they are a 5*, which in general translates to much better stats than the units that are available as a 3 or 4* base.

Accordingly, pulling a rainbow is statistically very low. Before the crystal change that happens tonight it was even worse as a rainbow simply meant that it was a 5* unit and could be a 3 or 4* base unit that was upgraded to 5*. Those pulls were called "troll rainbows" for that reason. The true intention of the rainbow is that you get a 5* base unit, which is why the change is very important and appreciated as it guarantees that you get a true 5* base unit if you happen to pull a rainbow crystal.

Thanks for the info.

Why are people so mad about Rainbows?

is it because its already maxed and no need to use Cactaurs/ awaken materials? or do these rainbows also come maxed in stats etc" no need to use pots" compared to Gold or just blue crystal units??

I think I'll help explain.

People are mad about rainbows because, in the very rare event you get a rainbow, you can sometimes get something we call a "Troll" rainbow. That is, a 5* Crystal that ends up containing a 3 or 4 star base unit Awakened to 5 star. 3 and 4 star crystals are much more common so to get a "troll" rainbow instead of a 5* base unit is pretty devastating.

The new changes ensure that Rainbows dispense only 5* base units, Gold dispense only 4* base units, etc. No wasted luck.

Fantomex

Hi guys. I'm hoping you guys can give me your help/opinions/explanations on what the hell im supposed to be doing?

I got ExDeath to level 6. I got Artemis at level 5, Yun is level 5. Everyone else is level four. Is there something I need to be focusing on? If you veterans could go back in time and tell yourselves not to waste time on certain things and to focus more on others, can you share that with me? I just recently got stuck on twinscythe but luckily Xion had his ExDeath handy for me. But now I'm stuck on the Green Power Ranger dude Veritas? Am I supposed to be doing Experience chambers? TM farming? Is this the game telling me to stop doing the story for a bit? And why?I'm kinda lost at this point.

zUxuzVK.png

Asking again since I didn't get a response back due to being one of the last posts of the page. Does anyone know when the Amazon coin promo ends? Wondering if I need to speed up my thinking of buying it.

I think the in game message board said 2/23 - 3/9 . I don't remember exactly but now that the server's are down I don't know where to check.

Lyrian

Dev stream is weird.

Livestream, so trying my chances at persuading the Global Director to adopt a summoner meta :)~~~

Lyrian

Is that going on now? What's the link? I've never tuned in!

On now. It's really weird.

You need to follow a link from the FFBE Facebook page to get to a mobile app download, where the stream is at. No desktop steam available, mobile only via the app.

LOL at 3/4 of the questions being submitted are either "When is Orlandu coming", "When are enhancements coming", or "Can you implement macroing into the game"?

Ken

You need to follow a link from the FFBE Facebook page to get to a mobile app download, where the stream is at. No desktop steam available, mobile only via the app.

do they want as few people as possible to see it?

Celegus

LOL at 3/4 of the questions being submitted are either "When is Orlandu coming", "When are enhancements coming", or "Can you implement macroing into the game"?

Wow that's convoluted. Let us know if anything useful happens!

Lyrian

And the director was asked the enhancement question and dodged it, as well as a question about increasing the viability of DH on Global versus DW.

And the stream's over already? WTH? He only answered like 4 questions in total and completely dodged anything that was not a complete fluff question ("What does Exvius mean", "What class would you be in-game")?

Welp, that was so not worth it, lol.

BONUS FUN: The Global director, when asked the enhancement question, pretty much went "What the hell is an enhancement?" via his facial expression. The Japanese director figured it out and had to explain and translate the actual question to him. 30 seconds or so of private discussion on the matter then yielded the non-answer dodge to the question from the Japanese director.

Prototype

Just got home and wanted to play a bit, didn't know this was starting already. : (
On the other hand l I guess I'll wake up to an 11 pull : )

Muku

Welp, the 12 hours has begun

+24 additional hours afterwards after they realized they fucked some shit up.
I mean, who doesn't want some of that sweet, sweet compensation?

Yeah physical resistance sucks. I don't mind fights being long, but I like them to be long because they're challenging, not because I'm doing 1% every turn lol.

How comes you don't use macros?

And why the two jobs (or basically two jobs)? (Apologies if that's too personal a question.)

Challenging isn't spending 5 minutes for a small notch off an enemy. XD Plus, not going to lie, my attention hates really long things like that. Probably why I never really liked Raiding in WoW. Some of that shit just takes too long. (Not as long as some other MMO stuff, hahaha.)

I haven't used macros because EDarkness hadn't set me up. But in all honesty, at this point, I wonder if it's worth it. After updates, shit gets broken. (I hated dealing with that crap in WoW.) And I don't want to expend more energy than it's worth in a mobile game. Chilling a bit is probably better. I'm just doing it as the Trust Moogles come in. It's a bit frustrating because I see shiny things and I want them. At same time, I have come to realize this is probably my fate and that's okay. Not really like I have amazing units to pimp out anyway right now. :p

One is my paying one so I can live while I can working on the non paying one. Though paying job interfers all the time so not as much for the non. Life of an indie is well.. a broke one.

Pachimari

Sorry, wasn't trying to overload you with information lol. Just wanted to cover all the points you were discussing. I've been playing since day 1 so I've grown with the game but jumping in now can be a lot.

It's possible if you want to do it on your phone through an app called FRep. However it does mean you can't use your phone/tablet when you're doing it, so it only really works if you have two devices. I have two phones so this is how I do it.

However you can do it on the PC through a programme called Nox. If you do it this way you won't have to create the macros yourself as you can download them. I've attached the guides for both.

In terms of Veritas, Rain is nice to have for undermine (full break) and leadership so I wouldn't swap him out. Stone only does 1.2 damage so it's not really worth it. Stonaga does 1.8 which you can use in your off turns (undermine, leadership, stonaga, repeat).
Ah no, don't apologize. I really appreciate the help and you going over everything. I can only learn from it. Thank you. :)

What's the awakening level are your characters now? I remember once I got most my characters to 5 stars, he was a breeze. But it was a struggle when I was still 3-4 stars.
I think most of the units I'll need are 5* now and I just need to awaken them.

Also when did the maintenance start? How many hours till it's back up?

And I was actually in the midst of a good spell saving up lapis and clearing story missions till I got to Veritas of the Heavens. Very unfortunate it takes such a long time to prepare for him, cause in the meantime I've spent all of my lapis cause I don't have too much patience. I just want to get him over with now, so I can save up lapis, clear missions and TM farm.

Muku

Curious to see who'll be the first to pull a rainbow off of that shiny 10+1~

I would be in contention... if it wasn't coming back up (LOL if we're lucky) at like 7am or something. Not getting up date early for the shit. But shortly after like maybe 8. Maybe.

I am going to go sacrific a Clyne and Bedile to gain the favor of RNGesus before bed so that my 10+1 will have a Rainbow. If I had a Tillith I'd throw her in too. Stupid bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom