• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuran

Banned
On now. It's really weird.

You need to follow a link from the FFBE Facebook page to get to a mobile app download, where the stream is at. No desktop steam available, mobile only via the app.

LOL at 3/4 of the questions being submitted are either "When is Orlandu coming", "When are enhancements coming", or "Can you implement macroing into the game"?

People asking those types of question always brings out the cringe. No one is gonna answer those.

Shouta

Olive is really good. She's a chain-closer but she should do some serious damage with that lay out. Only downside is her elemental resist down skills are separate from her big attack. However, she can benefit Fire with just skills or can do Thunder if you have her TM if you want which makes her pretty flexible.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Olive is really good. She's a chain-closer but she should do some serious damage with that lay out. Only downside is her elemental resist down skills are separate from her big attack. However, she can benefit Fire with just skills or can do Thunder if you have her TM if you want which makes her pretty flexible.

The only issue has been, we don't really have any strong chainers yet. GL is hurting for the release of them.

Otherwise, she's going to really be packing a bunch. Looking at 175% from Her TM, DH, and Skills. + Shattering Shot debuffs both defense and Thunder, which makes it pretty damn good. Also a fire debuff, allowing for the second easiest element to come by, next to Holy.

Thinking about it, looking at her skill set, she should be good for the Robot trial. Free AE, strong against machines, and both the def+imperil in a single spell.

Shouta

The only issue has been, we don't really have any strong chainers yet. GL is hurting for the release of them.

Otherwise, she's going to really be packing a bunch. Looking at 175% from Her TM, DH, and Skills. + Shattering Shot debuffs both defense and Thunder, which makes it pretty damn good. Also a fire debuff, allowing for the second easiest element to come by, next to Holy.

Other than Edgar but he's just a chainer and not strong, lol

Celegus

Edgar is still the GOAT... as long as the enemy doesn't get a round in Q_Q.

Secretly, I've been hoping one of the GL exclusives would fill that gap.

Cupid Luna kind of can, but her weapon selection isn't great and is capped at 5* (at least higher than Edgar). We better get some good chainers soon!

Lyrian

Wow, Olive is ridiculous.

-- Double High Tide (her LB is going to be even more spammable than Elza)
-- Free 500% AoE on the third round of combat (only once per fight, not every third round)
-- Elza tier (50%) DEF debuff and 50% fire and lightning (Seven-tier) elemental debuffs
-- Innate improved DH (+75% DH)
-- Innare Gun Mastery (+50% when wielding guns)
-- Luneth-tier finishing move

Theory crafters are already projecting her at ~1175 ATK with top gear, and ~1350 ATK after Embolden.

Sheesh.

Malakhov

Banned
Olive is very impressive. Looks like I will use that free 10+1 pull and maybe do one with 5000 lapis and finish it with the tickets.

Wazzy

Banned
Ughhhh I wanted to log in before maint to use up my stam but my work got busy and so I didn't have time. Oh well. I'm excited for the changes tomorrow! I really hope all of our free pulls end up being great.

Syntsui

That lightning gun will hurt he very bad in future hard content. Mustadio gun will probably be the most reliable weapon for her.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I don't see any mention of the gun being only item equip. You get the bonus when DH, but I'll assume it can be Dual wield. Basically, Lightning has her weapon too now.

Muku

Ughhhh I wanted to log in before maint to use up my stam but my work got busy and so I didn't have time. Oh well. I'm excited for the changes tomorrow! I really hope all of our free pulls end up being great.

Same. :)

Though, I figure I'll wait til Friday upon thinking about it. I want Olive and Shine to be in the pool when I pull.

bonkeng

So, Olive's team would look like this:

Seven: Element Whip (-50% Thunder Resist)

Edgarx3 with Coral Sword: Chainsaw

Olive and Friend Olive (Sparky): True Shot

Syntsui

So, Olive's team would look like this:

Seven: Element Whip (-50% Thunder Resist)

Edgarx3 with Coral Sword: Chainsaw

Olive and Friend Olive (Sparky): True Shot
As long as bosses are not immune to it, this should one shot everything in the foreseeable future.

robotuw

Dang, Olive sounding pretty good, and I already have doublehand to give her a boost. Might have to consider trying for her on this pretty decent banner. Speaking of which, does the banner start tomorrow right after maintenance or Friday like usual?

Not sipping a god damn cup of this Olive kool aid. Gumi gonna drop Orlandu 2-3 weeks from now. I wants no part of this lol 😂. I will take all the Shines though!

Lyrian

One last note before going to bed:

App update is live on various platforms for download...

... but one interesting patch note on the Amazon store not mentioned elsewhere:

What's new in version 2.0.0

- Main menu UI overhauled.
- Gold and rainbow summon crystals now guarantee 4 star; and 5 star; base rarity units respectively.
- Guaranteed 4 star summon tickets added.
- New recipes added as trophy rewards.
- New material location function added to help you locate the materials you need.
- A direct shortcut to King Mog from the vortex has been added.
- Ticket counters now added to summon menu UI.
- Unit cap raised from 500 to 1000.
- Area selector added to overworld map display.

I also approve of this message. Looking forward to these being handed out soon :)

Without Edgars to chain or Seven to debuff, would this be the best way to use Olive?
- T1: 2x Heated Rounds.
- T2: Shattering Shot from one for -50% DEF / -50% Thunder Resist and Napalm Grenade from the other for -50% Fire Resist.
- T3: 2x True Shot + Auto-Mortar Beacon.

Rixa

I'll have to start doing some rerolls when GL comes up to try for this unit.

Good luck. Just let us know when you get the account you want to try and I make room for you :). Then you can enjoy all the ExGAFers madness units in GLobal.

ps. After rerolling, use Lapis for friend slots, I have a feeling you are going to get _very_ many friend request after you say your ID :D

Mmm 4* Tix added, wondering when we get first :)

Shouta

Good luck. Just let us know when you get the account you want to try and I make room for you :). Then you can enjoy all the ExGAFers madness units in GLobal.

ps. After rerolling, use Lapis for friend slots, I have a feeling you are going to get _very_ many friend request after you say your ID :D

Mmm 4* Tix added, wondering when we get first :)

We'll see if I stick with doing GL regularly. I don't know yet but I'll do some pulls now since there's the free 11+1

bonkeng

Without Edgars to chain or Seven to debuff, would this be the best way to use Olive?
- T1: 2x Heated Rounds.
- T2: Shattering Shot from one for -50% DEF / -50% Thunder Resist and Napalm Grenade from the other for -50% Fire Resist.
- T3: 2x True Shot + Auto-Mortar Beacon.

By T3, you might already be dead lol.

Not reliable, but still viable.

That turn 3 nuke. The monsters must be sweating.

Shouta

Damn, that's the most overpowered caster group I've seen. I don't recognize two of the characters. I see Terra, Ramza, and Delita, but not sure who the others are. I guess we don't have them yet in Global. They thrashed that guy, though. Impressive.

Orran from FFT and William, an FFBE original are the characters.

EDarkness

Orran from FFT and William, an FFBE original are the characters.

Cool. Is Orran a tank? I got the feeling he was in this setup. William must be pretty badass, too.

Any idea when we're getting Trance Terra? Probably not for a LONG time since regular Terra hasn't gotten her 6* form yet.

Shouta

Cool. Is Orran a tank? I got the feeling he was in this setup. William must be pretty badass, too.

Any idea when we're getting Trance Terra? Probably not for a LONG time since regular Terra hasn't gotten her 6* form yet.

No, He isn't a tank. He just happened to be taking the hits because his attack was the highest. Trance Terra comes when Terra gets her 6-star form, as I recall.

EDarkness

Now, He isn't a tank. He just happened to be taking the hits because his attack was the highest. Trance Terra comes when Terra gets her 6-star form, as I recall.

Ah. That makes sense. I guess that FFVI banner will have 6* Terra and the 5* base unit will be Trance Terra. That's pretty cool...can't wait for that since Terra is a main part of my arena team.

I guess in this case they could have used anyone else besides Orran? Still nice. The gear on their characters is pretty impressive. Not sure if it's a lot of TMR stuff or just stuff they've gotten from events over the last year.

Shouta

Ah. That makes sense. I guess that FFVI banner will have 6* Terra and the 5* base unit will be Trance Terra. That's pretty cool...can't wait for that since Terra is a main part of my arena team.

I guess in this case they could have used anyone else besides Orran? Still nice. The gear on their characters is pretty impressive. Not sure if it's a lot of TMR stuff or just stuff they've gotten from events over the last year.

Well, in his case, he used Orran because Orran has a skill that gives you 25% chance to reraise after going down that works on the entire party. It was minor insurance in case they got killed. Rikku doesn't work for that because her reraise is her LB.

bonkeng

RapM0p5.gif

That cannon is huge.

But Lightning can Dual Wield 2 of these.

EDarkness

Well, in his case, he used Orran because Orran has a skill that gives you 25% chance to reraise after going down that works on the entire party. It was minor insurance in case they got killed. Rikku doesn't work for that because her reraise is her LB.

Holy shit that's badass. I was wondering how his group got to come back after they went down at the end of the second round. I think that alone makes him worth it. Can that be recast after it's used or can it only be used once per fight?

tuffymon

Seems like a waste. Looks like Olive will be the new dps king, and will dethrone Noctis too.

Lightning at the bottom of the food chain.

She'll have more attack for sure~ but Noctis will still have more utility. So just cause he's moved over, doesn't mean he's kicked out...

Nikokuno

Why you guys said Fake Noctis? Because it's a underpowered version of it's JP counterpart?

Also, Willian seems to be a beast, impressive!

Shouta

Holy shit that's badass. I was wondering how his group got to come back after they went down at the end of the second round. I think that alone makes him worth it. Can that be recast after it's used or can it only be used once per fight?

It's actually a skill that does a random effect. 25% of the time it's that Reraise. 25% of the time it's a Regen, 25% of it's a 40% DEF buff, 25% of the time it's a 40% SPR buff. He kinda got lucky but it worked out, lol.

Can use it as much as you want but yeah.

EDarkness

Is Gaf free multipulling today or does gaf wait for the next banner?

I'm not doing anything until the next banner. For me it'll be Friday at the earliest. Not sure about everyone else. I kinda wish I was able to at least get Cupid Artemios, but I only pulled seven times on this banner and could only get Cupid Luna. Oh well, maybe next year.

It's actually a skill that does a random effect. 25% of the time it's that Reraise. 25% of the time it's a Regen, 25% of it's a 40% DEF buff, 25% of the time it's a 40% SPR buff. He kinda got lucky but it worked out, lol.

Can use it as much as you want but yeah.

That makes a lot of sense. Sounds like it's a super powerful move. Is Orran part of the Orlandu banner or is there another FFT banner after that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom