• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current farm team is:

Bartz
Olive
Ramza
Zidane x2

Dual Wield #2 could help my CoD, but with Olive I wonder if I should replace Zidanes with my 2 Shine's. Yeah, this F2P luck. Such a welcome site after the first few months of garbage pulls. :)

I would almost have this girl completed. Hyate and Gafgarrions to follow would enable her to hit 1k?

mstevens

So I love stats and I've been keeping track of my pulls since I started playing. Before today my pulls were at 75, and I pulled 101 times today! That 101st pull was my only 5* today, so I'm glad I went for the last pull. There goes my lapis and tickets I've been hoarding since I started.

Here is the breakdown for today's crystal types:
72 3*
28 4*
1 5*

Here are the characters I pulled alphabetically and I've noted the ones that were new to me:

Arc
Agrias
Alma
Bartz x3
Bedile
Cerius
Charlotte x3
(New) Chizuru x3
(New) Cloud of Darkness x2
Cyan x2
Edgar
Edge
Elle x4
Fang
Faris x3
Fran x2
(New) Garland
(New) Garnet
Gilbert x2
Golbez
Hayate x3
(New) Hope x4
(New) Ingus x3
(New) Kain
(New) Krile x2
Locke
(New) Ludmille
Luka
(New) Marie
(New) Medius x2
(New) Mercedes
Mustadio
(New) Penelo x3
(New) Refia x4
Rosa
Roselia
Russell x2
Rydia x2
Sabin x2
Shadow
(New) Shera x18 (lol)
(New) Shine x4
Snow x2
Trey
(New) Vaan
(New) Vanille x3
(New) Warrior of Light x2

A little overwhelmed ;) Currently TM farming Zidane, Zidane, Gaffgarion, Agrias, Hayate - Ready to sub in Ludmille, Chizuru, Miyuki, Shine, Shine once those are done.

Randi will be better than Cloud. Assuming enhancements come like they should.

Current Raid event is just the art contest winners. Their kits aren't great but might have edge case usage. A few of them have TMs that are worth getting.
Ah ok cool thanks!, I'll still roll through. I almost got all of them.

I had no idea what the context was for the event haha. Love getting automatic rewards though.
So I love stats and I've been keeping track of my pulls since I started playing. Before today my pulls were at 75, and I pulled 101 times today! That 101st pull was my only 5* today, so I'm glad I went for the last pull. There goes my lapis and tickets I've been hoarding since I started.

Here is the breakdown for today's crystal types:
72 3*
28 4*
1 5*

Here are the characters I pulled alphabetically and I've noted the ones that were new to me:

Arc
Agrias
Alma
Bartz x3
Bedile
Cerius
Charlotte x3
(New) Chizuru x3
(New) Cloud of Darkness x2
Cyan x2
Edgar
Edge
Elle x4
Fang
Faris x3
Fran x2
(New) Garland
(New) Garnet
Gilbert x2
Golbez
Hayate x3
(New) Hope x4
(New) Ingus x3
(New) Kain
(New) Krile x2
Locke
(New) Ludmille
Luka
(New) Marie
(New) Medius x2
(New) Mercedes
Mustadio
(New) Penelo x3
(New) Refia x4
Rosa
Roselia
Russell x2
Rydia x2
Sabin x2
Shadow
(New) Shera x18 (lol)
(New) Shine x4
Snow x2
Trey
(New) Vaan
(New) Vanille x3
(New) Warrior of Light x2

A little overwhelmed ;) Currently TM farming Zidane, Zidane, Gaffgarion, Agrias, Hayate - Ready to sub in Ludmille, Chizuru, Miyuki, Shine, Shine once those are done.

Welcome to the other side. Looks like the list of $$ spent! Some great new units including Refia, Marie, Chiz, COD, Mercedes and WOL.

With that Noctis you're stacked!

I think Olive is on par with Cloud when we consider GL's limitations.

Right now, we can get Olive to 1175 max atk. If we add JP's current materia and acc like Cloud's and Elfried's, both Cloud and Olive will have around 1.3k to 1.4k atk in GL.

Insane.

I saw some people on FAQs state that with JPN gear she can actually surpassed 1.6k?

This is from there. Not sure how accurate it is. Maybe they are using JPN rules? This is also from before she fully released. Either way 1.3-1.4k is still beast she makes me excited for the future because I finally have what looks to be a powerhouse unit.

Olive Gun + 2xElfried + Cloud: 245*4 + 190*3.1 + 60 = 1629
Balthier Gun + 2xElfried + Cloud + DH: 260*4 + 190*2.8 + 60 = 1632 (Highest with Elfried stacking)
Olive Gun + 1xElfried + Cloud + DH: 250*4 + 190*2.8 + 60 = 1592 (Highest without Elfried stacking)
Balthier Gun + 1xElfried + Cloud + DH: 265*3.75 + 190*2.8 + 60 = 1585.75

Possible?

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/182206-final-fantasy-brave-exvius/75023558

chrono01

Got kind of the shits end this morning.

10+1 Produced nothing but Luka. Rest were all base 3 and more useless ones like Freya.
Used 10 Tickets + Daily, I managed to get a Shine and Leon.

So 22 pulls - 2x Luka, 1x Shine, 1x Leon, 5x Shreena

At least Shine and Leon are good!

But yeah, not the best pulls for that amount of tickets. Still, could have been worse? :(

Congrats on the Luneth, Chrono!!
Fantastic pull.
Thanks.

I wanted him way back when he was introduced, but I was currently saving for Tilith. Nice to see me finally get him, although I probably would have preferred Noctis (or Olive) as my new DPS unit. Even still, I will absolutely not complain about Luneth. I'm super-happy to get him.

Chrono my hero! I was super busy at work all day so I haven't been able to check the thread at all until right now and that provided a very nice recap of today's festivities! So much Olive, congrats everyone that managed to get her!

My daily and 10 tickets were total garbage, nothing even TM worthy.

But my free 10+1:

Proud owner of a David Bowie and finally Agrias! Already have 2 Champion Belts so Snow isn't great, but that's more than I was expecting to get for free! Sadly my wife's was a dumpster fire, she got Mercedes #6 and #7 and all blues.
Haha, happy to provide you with a condensed (or semi-condensed) series of past posts, all collected for you in a neat/orderly manner!

Congrats on your 10+1! I can't see the image, but from your text I'm going to assume it was Emperor? Nice job! Also, jealous of that Agrias, she still eludes me. Although, with the crystal change, it should (potentially) be easier to get her over time.

Chrono man congrats. luneth is a fucking incredible pull. Jealous!

No rainbows for me.
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with him!

Sorry to hear about your luck, though. No rainbow, but did you get any nice 4* out of it at least?

At least Shine and Leon are good!

But yeah, not the best pulls for that amount of tickets. Still, could have been worse? :(

Thanks.

I wanted him way back when he was introduced, but I was currently saving for Tilith. Nice to see me finally get him, although I probably would have preferred Noctis (or Olive) as my new DPS unit. Even still, I will absolutely not complain about Luneth. I'm super-happy to get him.

Haha, happy to provide you with a condensed (or semi-condensed) series of past posts, all collected for you in a neat/orderly manner!

Congrats on your 10+1! I can't see the image, but from your text I'm going to assume it was Emperor? Nice job! Also, jealous of that Agrias, she still eludes me. Although, with the crystal change, it should (potentially) be easier to get her over time.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with him!

Sorry to hear about your luck, though. No rainbow, but did you get any nice 4* out of it at least?

Managed to get Shine(x2) and another Leon at least so I'm somewhat happy. Debating making a major move on Lapis considering how much coins one can get back. It's troubling...

chrono01

Managed to get Shine(x2) and another Leon at least so I'm somewhat happy. Debating making a major move on Lapis considering how much coins one can get back. It's troubling...
Oh, congrats then! Both great/useful TM, that's for sure.

As for pulling more, I'm right there with you. I have enough for 3x 10+1 pulls that I was saving for Orlandu, and I already managed to get 2 out of the 3 banner characters (no Olive, obviously), so I'm undecided. Olive is apparently super-amazing (just look at Valentus), but so is Orlandu.

Decisions!

Valentus

Right now, we can get Olive to 1175 max atk. If we add JP's current materia and acc like Cloud's and Elfried's, both Cloud and Olive will have around 1.3k to 1.4k atk in GL.

If both would be in global , cloud could get 250% doublehanded, and olive 275% doublehanded .

If we look at boths best skills, cloud has 400% st and olive 480% st

The breaking point is limit break. 800% cloud vs 650% olive... And even there the difference is little.

They are very on par, which is insane what gumi created un global at this point of the Game.

If both would be in global , cloud could get 250% doublehanded, and olive 275% doublehanded .

The breaking point is limit break. 800% cloud vs 650% olive... And even there the difference is little.

They are very on par, which is insane what gumi created un global at this point of the Game.

Does Cloud limit have 200% gain?

You're right, it's insane what they included already. With the 50% damage to machines she looks to be perfect for the difficult Robot trial I've heard so much about a while back.

Celegus

Did one more ticket that went blue > gold and got my first Shine, woot! Not that I have room in my TM party for her right now...

Kouriozan

Animation test in unit guide is amazing.

C4o4oTul.jpg

I already said it but I wanted and love this UI update so much.

Shouta

You're miscalculating. Cloud gets 300% while Olive gets 275% when you give them the same loadout.

Assuming you aren't using a 2H only weapon.

Cloud:
100% Innate
100% from Buster Form
50% from Martial Gloves
50% from Doublehand
=
300%

Olive:
75% Innate
100% from Buster Form
50% from Martial Gloves
50% from Doublehand
=
275%. She hits cap if you use her TM but that isn't a usable weapon on some trials.

Cloud has a 550% ST vs Olive's 480% Cloud's Limit break is 1620% at 6-star, not 800%. It goes up to 2100% if you max his Limit out.

Does Cloud limit have 200% gain?

You're right, it's insane what they included already. With the 50% damage to machines she looks to be perfect for the difficult Robot trial I've heard so much about a while back.

She can't use her TM on the robot is the big problem.

bonkeng

Insane.

I saw some people on FAQs state that with JPN gear she can actually surpassed 1.6k?

This is from there. Not sure how accurate it is. Maybe they are using JPN rules? This is also from before she fully released. Either way 1.3-1.4k is still beast she makes me excited for the future because I finally have what looks to be a powerhouse unit.

Olive Gun + 2xElfried + Cloud: 245*4 + 190*3.1 + 60 = 1629
Balthier Gun + 2xElfried + Cloud + DH: 260*4 + 190*2.8 + 60 = 1632 (Highest with Elfried stacking)
Olive Gun + 1xElfried + Cloud + DH: 250*4 + 190*2.8 + 60 = 1592 (Highest without Elfried stacking)
Balthier Gun + 1xElfried + Cloud + DH: 265*3.75 + 190*2.8 + 60 = 1585.75

Possible?

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/182206-final-fantasy-brave-exvius/75023558

No, I don't think it will go that high. The reason is there's a cap of 300% bonus on Doublehand, which he didn't take into account. I tried my computation and Olive can get to 1458 atk with Elfried TM x2 and Cloud TM. If we remove the cap, then yes Olive can get to 1629. If Olive uses Balthier's gun instead, she'll have 1518 atk.

For comparison's sake, if Cloud is released in GL right now, his max atk would be 1184. 9 points higher than Olive. Cloud's best skill deals 550% damage compared to Olive's 480%.

Overall, Cloud is slightly better in raw damage dealing and as a finisher. But Olive does have some other use, like the 3rd turn free nuke.

Cloud's Climhazard deals 275% with 50% ignore def. Normalized to 550%.

Azuran

Banned
Oh, congrats then! Both great/useful TM, that's for sure.

As for pulling more, I'm right there with you. I have enough for 3x 10+1 pulls that I was saving for Orlandu, and I already managed to get 2 out of the 3 banner characters (no Olive, obviously), so I'm undecided. Olive is apparently super-amazing (just look at Valentus), but so is Orlandu.

Decisions!

Are you willing to test the gacha gods now that they gifted you a second rainbow? If I were you, I would wait for Orlandu and friends because he gives you something to really look forward to. Plus he has been hyped for so long that I have to give him a try... then again his banner probably sucks so that makes waiting for his tougher.

I'm just going to nuke all of my lapis on the FFXII banner even if they're not as good. I NEED BALTHIER and Ashe

Valentus

You're miscalculating. Cloud gets 300% while Olive gets 275% when you give them the same loadout.

Cloud:
100% Innate
100% from Buster Form
50% from Martial Gloves
50% from Doublehand
=
300%

Olive:
75% Innate
100% from Buster Form
50% from Martial Gloves
50% from Doublehand
=
275%. She hits cap if you use her TM but that isn't a usable weapon on some trials.

Cloud has a 550% ST vs Olive's 480% Cloud's Limit break is 1620% at 6-star, not 800%. It goes up to 2100% if you max his Limit out.

We dont have martial gloves un global, So if both units were un global, It would be 250 vs 275

Youre right, climhazzard is more powerful than finishing touch

And i forgot to mention i was comparing both tms un lvl 1, which without King lb pots, its were most of base 5 units of GL players are.

kaitain19

Is there any way to remove unit reception protection? I pulled two Rosa last night and now I don't know what to do with them since they can't be sold or fused into other units.

Broseybrose

Free 10+1 was very disappointing. 2 Snows another Mercedes and another Zidane.

So I switch to Tix. First was my first Luka! Awesome!

Next was my first Rainbow, finally! Cmon, Olive!!!

Well. Ill take that! Appropriate for my first rainbow! Happier than you all could believe!

Unfortunately have to wait for maze to level this guy up!

Cloud:
100% Innate
100% from Buster Form
50% from Martial Gloves
50% from Doublehand
=
300%

Olive:
75% Innate
100% from Buster Form
50% from Martial Gloves
50% from Doublehand
=

Oh man, really? Is he lightning resistant or immune? Her -50% lightning debuff won't help?

:(

Shouta

We dont have martial gloves un global, So if both units were un global, It would be 250 vs 275

And i forgot to mention i was comparing both tms un lvl 1, which without King lb pots, its were most of base 5 units of GL players are.

If Cloud comes, he's coming with the rest of the units near him, so it's still something you gotta consider, lol.

His LB even at 5 star and with LB levels is still 1220% ST.

Oh man, really? Is he lightning resistant or immune? Her -50% lightning debuff won't help?

:(

Lightning triggers a big honking attack that kills you.

Well. Ill take that! Appropriate for my first rainbow! Happier than you all could believe!

Wow! Congrats! That's the best pull you could get.

Valentus

If Cloud comes, he's coming with the rest of the units near him, so it's still something you gotta consider, lol.

The whole discussion begins because one gaffer asked how compares cloud and olive under current Gl stage.

Visceir

The whole discussion begins because one gaffer asked how compares cloud and olive under current Gl stage.

Seems like a rather silly comparison to make tbh. Their DHs are already so vastly different that it sets Cloud miles ahead, not to mention all the other stuff in his kit.

bonkeng

Congrats! Finally, a base 5* for you.

And he's still the undisputed best 5* unit in GL.

chrono01

Are you willing to test the gacha gods now that they gifted you a second rainbow? If I were you, I would wait for Orlandu and friends because he gives you something to really look forward to. Plus he has been hyped for so long that I have to give him a try... then again his banner probably sucks so that makes waiting for his tougher.

I'm just going to nuke all of my lapis on the FFXII banner even if they're not as good. I NEED BALTHIER and Ashe
You know, you're right. Probably best I stop here while I still feel good about myself, haha.

Congrats! :)

Shouta

Considering your first post on that said 300%, I assumed you included the Martial Gloves. =p

Anyway, going back to a post from last page.

So in regards to finisher units she is 2nd only to Cloud if she was in JPN right now? She is already, non-enhanced, better than Firion from JPN?

You also factor in Cloud not being able to stack doublehand right? Maybe I'm wrong but I get this impression that in JPN you can equip a unit with multiple doublehand materia.

That's crazy. So glad I pulled her today. If I also had a Noctis I could probably not pull for the next 6 months lol.

So excited to see what she can do once Ramza gets enhanced and he becomes my HP/MP/100% stats boost battery.

As a F2P I feel like I hit just the right 5* base units to set me up for a long time.

Waiting for WoL upgrade next.

Olive isn't even Top 5 finishers if we're looking at JPN.
Randi
Eileen
Julian
Katrina
Noctis

would probably be the best 5 finishers if we're talking just skills. If we include LBs, she probably wouldn't even break Top 10.

Doctor_No

With Cloud & Elfried's TMs, a lot of units get incredibly high atk stats. DK Cecil being an example. Personally, for GL, Demon Rain might have a lot of potential with his built-in DH and incredibly high counter rate.

wzqlTP6.jpg

I was taking about if Olive was in JPN time period but with Global rules.

She's obviously high tier. Makes me glad.

Of course I'm going to want Cloud too. If he ends up being better, then good. He's gotta be like 6-8 months away right?

Considering your first post on that said 300%, I assumed you included the Martial Gloves. =p

Anyway, going back to a post from last page.

Olive isn't even Top 5 finishers if we're looking at JPN.
Randi
Eileen
Julian
Katrina
Noctis

would probably be the best 5 finishers if we're talking just skills. If we include LBs, she probably wouldn't even break Top 10.

Oh man this post hits hard lol.

Good to know though. Some of these units and their enhancements are far away, so at least I know I have plenty of time to make full use of her.

I would also trade her for a Noctis in a heart beat.

Thanks.

Visceir

With Cloud & Elfried's TMs, a lot of units get incredibly high atk stats. DK Cecil being an example. Personally, for GL, Demon Rain might have a lot of potential with his built-in DH and incredibly high counter rate.

All of you are still conveniently ignoring that Cloud/Elfried's DH works with 2handed weapons while none of the previous ones do. It's a huge factor considering that 2handed weapons had a buff/variance change and most of them do an average of 1.3x dmg now on JP.

Cloud's DH is all about utilizing that new 2handed weapons buff -- It's also why the DKC in your screenshot has a 2handed weapon equipped...that's where the meta is heading while all the previous DH units and TMs(including Olive's) will be left in the dust.

tuffymon

Wouldn't it be 250 vs 225? Both units had the martial gloves on in the comparison

Fantomex

Can you explain maze to a newb like me? What is it? Do I need lapis or Gil?

EDarkness

I'm gonna take on ELT Dreadnought and I'm wondering what's the best strategy. I have a few top tier characters:

Dark Fina
Exdeath
Noctis

I was thinking about running with Primm, Dark Fina, Exdeath, Noctis, and WoL with an Exdeath or Noctis friend. What would you guys recommend? Is Noctis better than Exdeath for this?

Lyrian

Most aggravating mission in the new story:

-- Defeat 2* Odin with an esper. Even Rydia, with the tiny amount of evo enhancing materia available, couldn't even do more than a scratch to Odin (She needed full debuffs + evo mag +10% materia to break 10k damage on Odin). Very sad :/

Esper damage buffs can't get here fast enough.

NomarTyme

Goddamn Gumi did this shit! purposefully!

Broseybrose

Can you explain maze to a newb like me? What is it? Do I need lapis or Gil?

The maze is coming Sun-Thurs. All you need is NRG. Its completely random maze and depending how far you get you can get lots of cactaurs, awakening mats, and star quartz. Youll get a minimum of a minitaur and a gigantaur per run!

Itll be accessible in the vortex Sunday!

Syntsui

Most aggravating mission in the new story:

-- Defeat 2* Odin with an esper. Even Rydia, with the tiny amount of evo enhancing materia available, couldn't even do more than a scratch to Odin (She needed full debuffs + evo mag +10% materia to break 10k damage on Odin). Very sad :/

Esper damage buffs can't get here fast enough.

Just kill him with other characters and use the summon to trigger in the middle of the madness, it doesn't even need to be the killing blow.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

wzqlTP6.jpg

That image makes me feel totally okay about pulling two of him today.

Fantomex

The maze is coming Sun-Thurs. All you need is NRG. Its completely random maze and depending how far you get you can get lots of cactaurs, awakening mats, and star quartz. Youll get a minimum of a minitaur and a gigantaur per run!

Itll be accessible in the vortex Sunday!

Thanks! Imma be on it since midnight! I got a luka, emperor, WOL that need stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom