• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the strongest TM weapons in Japan can only be used double handed? Is that what's going on here? Not to mention different sources of double hand being put into affect.

Over here I know we can't stack double hand . but for Olive in particular, I see her innate DH stacks with her own TM weapons DH and even Bartzs DH. So the different sources of DH all add up.

But in Japan what's that chainsaw looking weapon all about?

Broseybrose

Thanks! Imma be on it since midnight! I got a luka, emperor, WOL that need stuff.

Whoa yes those are great units!

I hope youll be able to max them all asap! Luckily WoL only goes to 5* as of now, only gotta get to 80. Luka and Emperor go all the way to lvl 100 at 6*

Thats a lotta leveling!

edit- Now crafting my first Domination Ring! I see what the hype was about. +10%HP +10%MP +10%ATK +10%MAG DEF+5 SPR+5 ALL in one accessory? Sheeeeiiiiit.

Celegus

What's the fastest and most effective way to level characters? just curious...
Enchanted Maze for sure, starts again Sunday! Run it as much as you can!
I'm gonna take on ELT Dreadnought and I'm wondering what's the best strategy. I have a few top tier characters:

Dark Fina
Exdeath
Noctis

I was thinking about running with Primm, Dark Fina, Exdeath, Noctis, and WoL with an Exdeath or Noctis friend. What would you guys recommend? Is Noctis better than Exdeath for this?
I think one Noctis is enough since he's more of a support than damage, so I'd go with Exdeath or whatever the highest MAG friend you can find is. Do you not have Snow or Cecil to use instead of WoL though? He's probably going to get murderized. A good tank goes a loooooong way in this fight.

Visceir

So the strongest TM weapons in Japan can only be used double handed? Is that what's going on here? Not to mention different sources of double hand being put into affect.

Over here I know we can't stack double hand . but for Olive in particular, I see her innate DH stacks with her own TM weapons DH and even Bartzs DH. So the different sources of DH all add up.

DW is still very much so a thing in JP and it utilizes 1Handed weapons well. Cloud's Shin DH that can utilize 2handed weapons will just finally offer an alternative to the DW meta.

O'zack has created a DH/DW damage chart which has been deemed a credible source by most people, this might give you a better idea how old DH and Cloud's DH fare vs. DW.

https://twitter.com/o_zack_/status/828859306342653952
C4CzIxkVYAA18da.jpg:large

For Cloud DH multiply dmg by 1.3x when using 2handed weapons, multiply it by 1.5x when using 2handed bows.

Shouta

There are two types of weapons. There are 1-handed weapons and there are 2-handed weapons. An example of a 2H weapon in GL is a bow.

Anyway, up until now, 2H weapons have been bad because you can't dual-wield them and doublehand didn't work with them. So when they released Cloud, they introduced a form of Doublehand that works on those 2H weapons. In addition, they gave 2H weapons a damage variance of between 1.0 and 1.6. That means that your damage can be increased by up to 1.6x when using that weapon. That combined with DH makes for an incredibly potent Chain closing.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Oh yeah, does the link to the discord in the OP not work anymore? I can't seem to get it to work for some reason.

DW is still very much so a thing in JP and it utilizes 1Handed weapons well. Cloud's Shin DH that can utilize 2handed weapons will just finally offer an alternative to the DW meta.

There are two types of weapons. There are 1-handed weapons and there are 2-handed weapons. An example of a 2H weapon in GL is a bow.

Thanks for the info guys. I think that was a really smart way for the devs to make 2 handers viable. I can see wanting an ideal team to consist of good dual wielding chainers that end with a big 2 handed damage dealer.

Syrus

Banned
Spent 400 on this game late last year and now im just not interested as much. Sucked too much time up..

But you guys are awesome here

EDarkness

Enchanted Maze for sure, starts again Sunday! Run it as much as you can!

I think one Noctis is enough since he's more of a support than damage, so I'd go with Exdeath or whatever the highest MAG friend you can find is. Do you not have Snow or Cecil to use instead of WoL though? He's probably going to get murderized. A good tank goes a loooooong way in this fight.

I have Cecil, but I really hate him as a tank. I think WoL has the best defense, too. I'll have to check. I have Snow, but he's 4* or something. Never used him as a tank, either. WoL has been my go-to guy from the beginning. Heh, heh.

I'll roll with Exdeath or a caster with high MAG. Is it better to roll with Primm or Refia if I don't have Dual Cast?

Visceir

Rather curious -- how many of you actually bothered to level Cecil's LB on GL? Kinda hoping I can push mine to at least LB lvl 15+ before getting him to 6*

EDarkness

Rather curious -- how many of you actually bothered to level Cecil's LB on GL? Kinda hoping I can push mine to at least LB lvl 15+ before getting him to 6*

I leveled mine to 11, but I haven't messed around with it as much these days since I don't use him as much as I did when I first got started. Been working on Noctis' LB currently.

I pulled two Cecil's. Leveled one and maxed him at 6 stars ASAP, been feeding the other every burst pot I could get. That second Cecil is now finally a 6* with a level 21 LB. I haven't leveled him to 100 yet though to replace my other one. I can't really say it was worth the trouble or the wait just yet. I think since I have a ramza , when the enhancements of abilities come into play the Cecil LB will be completely obsolete.

If you only have one Cecil get him to max level ASAP. He's such a useful character. I'll be saving all my burst pots for some future crazy ass LB character. Maybe cloud? Lol yeah right.

Shouta

Is Shine's TM better than Bracers?

Generally speaking, yes it's better if you're looking to prioritize which TM to go after. 30% off base stats is usually how it's calculated so a 150 attack character gets 45 attack from her TM over the Bracers 30 attack.

The only thing is that Bracers are better if you're doing a Doublehand build because Doublehand TMs give you a bonus based on the attack on your equipment.

Edit: And as bonk points out, they can be used together.

eggydoo

Anyone else notice that Espers are team specific now? That's a great change

Ooh did not notice. There are A lot of nice UI changes. Like bulk arena medal redemption, can sell more units at once. Also noticed that I can still summon even though my unit slots were over max. Was able to finally clear out my base 1to3 free summons lol

leehom

I don't want to use tickets/lapis for Shine, but her TM is too good. I would like 4-5, but realistically might only get 1-2. Might use 10-20 tickets out of my 50+ that I saved for Orlandu.

Zalasta

I feel like the Ring of Dominion recipe is going to take forever to obtain. I need 7 trophies and I only have 12 left, none of which are that easy to grind out, especially not the arena and colosseum participation/win.

Syntsui

Just noticed how useless the next FF Zero will be now that we have Shine, there is absolutely no reason to pull on that shit.

The event will be a grind nightmare.

wilstreak

sometime i realise how hard it is to pull a banner character.

after 11 pull and 10 ticket.
still got 0 Shine, 0 Shera.

Shine's TM is so useful, is it worth it to spend my remaining 20 ticket to try to get Shine?

Is there any notable unit in FFType-0 and Orlandu (except Orlandu) banner?

Ken

sometime i realise how hard it is to pull a banner character.

after 11 pull and 10 ticket.
still got 0 Shine, 0 Shera.

Shine's TM is so useful, is it worth it to spend my remaining 20 ticket to try to get Shine?

Is there any notable unit in FFType-0 and Orlandu (except Orlandu) banner?

my waifu rem in part 3 ☺️

Azuran

Banned
All done!

UkunWhil.jpg

Too bad I was idiot who wasn't paying attention to the paths so I ran out of SP for Bladeblitz because I went towards Mental Break thinking those two were linked. Not a big deal, but it would have been nice for Elza to have an AoE when needed.

I hope you can reset points in the future :/

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Queen's TM is still better than Shine's. 20% HP is way more valuable, but for the most part. The FFZero II banner needed to hit prior to the Emperor one for this reason. While 20% ATK is better than 15 and 10. 20% DEF isn't close to 15%HP/30% HP. His banner was just overall better and more likely.

So now, we're basically at a stand still again. They have so many Mogking and event banners, but little for in between.

Hoping they cut up the Orlandu banner and bring back the previous FFT units. Remove the FFBE units and place them with maybe another custom unit or move Whillem off Tidus and you have another banner. This is one thing I do like Gumi has been doing and hopefully they keep it up. Breaking up the big banners from JPN.

Rixa

Congrats to everyone on their pulls. I'd go through each one, but that would take too long. Nice to see (some) people having luck on this banner.

I just had to quote this guy:

UPDATE TIME! Sorry again about my absence. :/

I'm going to go through this topic in a bit and personally/multi-quote all of the good pulls. It's going to take me a while, and it'll be a wall-of-text, so please look forward to it.

As for me, I did my free 10+1 pull, got a gold crystal, it broke...and there was a rainbow crystal among them! It was nice knowing that there's no longer any troll rainbow crystals, so I knew it was something good.

Refia
Celes
Gaffgarion
Seven
Luka
LUNETH (YESSSSS!)
Fang
Ludmille
Kuja
Seven
Warrior of Light

So yeah, pretty happy to have my second rainbow. I was hoping for Noctis, but I've heard Luneth is decent so I'm glad.

But yeah, will reply again later with a multi-quote/multi-congratulations post. Please be excited.

Congratz, congratz, awesome great nice that you got another 5* \o_.

Visceir

Hoping Gumi will do decent job with beefing up Queen and have her actually be usable on GL. They did an alright job with Ace, adding Wild Card to him was a good and interesting move.

Likewise I kinda hope they tone down and nerf Orlandu a bit, just to throw a curveball at all those futureproofers and mix up the meta a bit.

EDarkness

Well, I tried to do ELT Dreadnought and got my ass handed to me twice. First time I couldn't take out the bombs fast enough and they wrecked my whole group. The next time, I just couldn't handle the Sergeants and even though I got Noctis to blind them, they just kept doing too much damage. Primm wasn't doing too bad as a healer, but the status effects really started to take it's toll on the group since Noctis got stunned and Cecil died at some point, too. Even with all of the magic damage I had Emp, Exdeath (450 MAG), and Dark Fina (470 MAG), I couldn't get the Captain even 50% down after 5 rounds. No way for me to do this at least with this group, or I'm missing something fundamental about this fight.

Oh well, I thought I had a good chance, but won't make it before everything resets. :(

chrono01

Congrats to everyone on their pulls. I'd go through each one, but that would take too long. Nice to see (some) people having luck on this banner.

I just had to quote this guy:

Congratz, congratz, awesome great nice that you got another 5* \o_.
LOL! I see what you did there in your post. :)

And thanks! I have luck here, you have luck in OPTC. It all works out!

robotuw

Got through enough of the story to get the next Fat Chocobo shop. Got me a shiny new man-slayer materia. With that, deathbringer and Diabolos I can have +150% on humans, nice!

bonkeng

Hoping Gumi will do decent job with beefing up Queen and have her actually be usable on GL. They did an alright job with Ace, adding Wild Card to him was a good and interesting move.

Likewise I kinda hope they tone down and nerf Orlandu a bit, just to throw a curveball at all those futureproofers and mix up the meta a bit.

If we're on reddit, you'd have a thousand downvotes by now lol.

Rixa

LOL! I see what you did there in your post. :)

And thanks! I have luck here, you have luck in OPTC. It all works out!

Good that you noticed ;). Yeah I was lucky here too. My 5k Lapis pull yesterday was ok too

Screenshot_20170223-183545.png

Makes 3rd DW getting faster and got 2 event units. Obviously very happy that free pull gave me DKC & Leon & Seven. All new units :).
That Penelo was crucial too. Freed 4 spaces since I had 1 Penelo at 75% and 4 at 0%. Now I have Equip Short Sword materia and only one Penelo :D.

Muku

Shadow for 1/2 pull. I feel more like crystal change has become the Shadow change for me. He disappeared for a couple months and comes back with a vegence. Doesn't even feel worth pulling for daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom