• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
To break it down:
Timber Tracks exploration - 66k unit exp for 8 energy (takes about 25 mins to kill all monsters) A friend Noctis can carry a team you're leveling.
Chamber of Experience ADV - 30k unit exp for 15 energy (takes 2 mins)
Cactuar Dunes uncharted - 30k unit exp worth of cactuar guaranteed, up to 90k for 15 energy (takes 2 mins)
Enchanted Maze - 30k unit exp worth of cactuar guaranteed, up to ??? for 10 energy (takes 3 mins)

Timber Tracks is the most efficient but is a time sink. When considering time, Enchanted Maze is the most efficient.

Is the exp split between each character or does all characters get the same amount?
For example 30k chamber of experience, if I bring 5 units all get 30k each

KeRaSh

Is the exp split between each character or does all characters get the same amount?
For example 30k chamber of experience, if I bring 5 units all get 30k each

It is split so bring your character in alone and get carried by a friend unit. Friend units don't leech XP.

/edit: Beaten so badly that I will probably only realize it tomorrow.

Alkez

I always miss the best conversations because of time difference.

Olive isn't even Top 5 finishers if we're looking at JPN.
Randi
Eileen
Julian
Katrina
Noctis

I thought Eileen was a chainer?

All of you are still conveniently ignoring that Cloud/Elfried's DH works with 2handed weapons while none of the previous ones do. It's a huge factor considering that 2handed weapons had a buff/variance change and most of them do an average of 1.3x dmg now on JP.

Cloud's DH is all about utilizing that new 2handed weapons buff -- It's also why the DKC in your screenshot has a 2handed weapon equipped...that's where the meta is heading while all the previous DH units and TMs(including Olive's) will be left in the dust.

I'm a little confused. Obviously greatswords are usually considered 2 handed weapons, but in BE they're not. Is that weapon that DKC is using considered a 2 handed greatsword?

Just noticed how useless the next FF Zero will be now that we have Shine, there is absolutely no reason to pull on that shit.

The event will be a grind nightmare.

Will the old Zero units not work?

Hello Noctis number 2

Congrats Rob :)

Valentus

So, resurrecting Olive makes her launch again her Mortar Beacon.

I tried killing her with arc (with death) and resurrect her to launch the beacon 2 times in the same turn.

After turn 3, only 1 beacon landed. I dont know because its too much damage and the second one didnt have time to land lmao xD, or its a bug.

Im testing now launching each turn a beacon to see if they land in consecutive turns.

Celegus

They want us to level up Nichol to level 80 to get 10 lapis, fuck you Gumi.
That's the mission I stopped at for now too lol. How rude.

Anyone know the best places for fire / ice / light megacrysts now? I really shouldve hit up the CNY event harder...

Valentus

I also see that gumi is giving useless ítems instead of 20 lapis. Wtf gumi.

Oh well... Probably is the same in jp for those missions.

So, resurrecting Olive makes her launch again her Mortar Beacon.

I tried killing her with arc (with death) and resurrect her to launch the beacon 2 times in the same turn.

After turn 3, only 1 beacon landed. I dont know because its too much damage and the second one didnt have time to land lmao xD, or its a bug.

Im testing now launching each turn a beacon to see if they land in consecutive turns.

I can try with DC Refia w/ Death (Ring of the Lucii) & Full Life...

Alkez

That's the mission I stopped at for now too lol. How rude.

Anyone know the best places for fire / ice / light megacrysts now? I really shouldve hit up the CNY event harder...

For me the best places to farm fire has been the Surging Volcano. For ice it's been Aquatic Cove. I haven't farmed light though (I seem to have an abundance of it though for some reason).

mstevens

Pulled 18 more tickets hoping to get a Cecil. At around 200 pulls so far without him.

How many Shrine TMs might I possibly need? I've pulled quite a few now and want to start merging for room. Same question for Chizuru.

Pulled 18 more tickets hoping to get a Cecil. At around 200 pulls so far without him.

How many Shrine TMs might I possibly need? I've pulled quite a few now and want to start merging for room. Same question for Chizuru.

I say just get as many Shine TM's as you can. She is one of the few non 5* units I wouldn't fuse and single TM farm as many of her as I can. It will take awhile, but her TM is fantastic.

Holy shit that's insane. I've pulled possibly 10-15 of of him. Hope you get him soon. If you have WOL I'd start to pot him up, his 6* should be coming soon hopefully.

xehanort

On GL:

Pulled 50 tickets and 1 10+1 and no Olive :( I only got 1 Shine and fucktons of Shera. Got a Dark Fina which is nice Consolation though :)

On JP:

The story event ended at Stage 8? Are the two other stages given later? Or is it a bug?

Edit: I caved in on the free 10+1 pull. Got 2 zidanes and a rainbow....Delita. I know how lucky I am to have a rainbow but, Delita is a very outclassed unit. Well his TM is good and his free so can't complain :)

Pejo

Daily got me a Shine. Aww yea baby. Done on this banner now. I know multiple Shines are desirable, but I have so much TM stuff in the pipeline, I'm sure I'll get more of her before I'm done farming the ones I have.

I actually kept 3 Sheras too. Atk+15% is still pretty good, and the HP and fire resist will come in handy, I'm pretty sure.

I think I'm going to work on an "alt" team. My current main team is really strong, but I'm getting a little bored using the same team for everything. My 2 Emperors finally let me make a decent mage team, and I also want to create a chaining team of the 3 Cupid Lunas I kept.

What is the overall best "closer" skill that isn't Olive in Global right now?

Coppanuva

Did 2 ticket pulls today, first one was a Zidane which is cool (can get me some Dual Wields faster!)

Second was a gold, only my third since the crystal update and I've been eyeing a Chizuru (for ages). I cracked it... and it turns rainbow...

OLIVE!

My second base 5* (Ace was my first), and my first pure-DPS type!

Not sure how to best outfit her though... definitely grabbing her TM reward when I can. I have doublehand as well if it stacks, but otherwise... guess Ima grind out more attack gear.

Pejo

Alterna from ring of the lucii if you have it.

Oh wow, that's really interesting. I have a Noctis but I never even considered a magic skill for chaining.

I also never realized the multiplier was that high on Alterna. Hot damn, that just shot way up on my TM farming priorities. Since it's a spell, I'm assuming it can be dualcast as well?

I truly hope since the 4th tier of Gil Snapper's appeared even for only a few minutes means the King Cactuar tier for the Dunes will be here soon. It will make leveling units so damn easy and fast.

Celegus

Oh wow, that's really interesting. I have a Noctis but I never even considered a magic skill for chaining.

I also never realized the multiplier was that high on Alterna. Hot damn, that just shot way up on my TM farming priorities. Since it's a spell, I'm assuming it can be dualcast as well?
Yep, great fit for Emperor since you already have him. I'm drooling over Dark Fina's TM for him as well, but don't have her. Still, it hits like a nuclear bomb.

Muku

Are they going to be giving out Items that recover energy?

Was one energy short of something when I tapped it and the menu that popped up is a little more than it used to be.

Yep, great fit for Emperor since you already have him. I'm drooling over Dark Fina's TM for him as well, but don't have her. Still, it hits like a nuclear bomb.

This. So much this. When my daily pull was a rainbow I said a silent prayer for Dark Fina.....the gods did not heed my call. My only issue with Lucii and Emp is that the Holy Counter Attack breaks his Fire From Below stacks.

Coppanuva

Hmmm think I should go with 2 or 3 Dual Wield TMs? Right now I'm planning on running:
Olive
Refia (neither of these would use DW probably)

Then 3 of:
Cecil
WoL (once he hits 6*)
ExDeath
Ace
CoD
Bartz
Firion

I have a double-hand right now as well. Just a question of whether or not it's worth getting a third DW or if I should just grab 2 and always use a tank w/o DW

Pejo

Hmmm think I should go with 2 or 3 Dual Wield TMs? Right now I'm planning on running:
Olive
Refia (neither of these would use DW probably)

Then 3 of:
Cecil
WoL (once he hits 6*)
ExDeath
Ace
CoD
Bartz
Firion

I have a double-hand right now as well. Just a question of whether or not it's worth getting a third DW or if I should just grab 2 and always use a tank w/o DW

I believe it was calculated that Olive still does more damage with dual wield, but the advantage of her is that she's very close without it. I'd do another Dual Wield, if i were you.

Optimal builds for Exdeath and Ace both use Dual Wield, even if you're planning on running a mage or two.

Also, obviously for CoD Bartz and Firion, Dual Wield is great.

tariniel

Back to getting Fire Flask'd in the arena this week. I really should just stop doing arena after the daily 5, it so incredibly frustrating. Last weeks arena was actually fun.

I still haven't used my free 11 pull. I'm afraid of how bad it will be. Maybe I should save it for a different banner.

Coppanuva

I believe it was calculated that Olive still does more damage with dual wield, but the advantage of her is that she's very close without it. I'd do another Dual Wield, if i were you.

Optimal builds for Exdeath and Ace both use Dual Wield, even if you're planning on running a mage or two.

Also, obviously for CoD Bartz and Firion, Dual Wield is great.

Oh really? Good to know then. 3x Dual Wields it is then! Thanks!

RedZaraki

Banned
It seems like the best places are:

Unit Experience: Timber Tracks - Exploration
Fire Megacryst: Lake Dorr - Exploration
Ice Megacryst (and Light while you're there): Aquatic Cove - Exploration

Back to getting Fire Flask'd in the arena this week. I really should just stop doing arena after the daily 5, it so incredibly frustrating. Last weeks arena was actually fun.

I still haven't used my free 11 pull. I'm afraid of how bad it will be. Maybe I should save it for a different banner.

You may as well use it now as the unit pool in it shouldn't change.

Shouta

I always miss the best conversations because of time difference.

I thought Eileen was a chainer?

I'm a little confused. Obviously greatswords are usually considered 2 handed weapons, but in BE they're not. Is that weapon that DKC is using considered a 2 handed greatsword?

Will the old Zero units not work?

Congrats Rob :)

She chains well, yes. Just because she builds chain doesn't mean she can't finish it. It's the same with all chain builders. It's chain closers that are limited to closing because their attacks only hit once but are powerful.

Pejo

Thanks for this.

Is there a "best" place for Light Megacrysts in particular as a focus? I'm sure it's just eyeballing, but I got quite a few doing Fire Shrine exploration last night.

Holy shit at that banner on JP - Onion Knight, Orlandu, Gilgamesh, Luneth rate boosts!?

Fuck i may just re-roll my JP alt at this point.

Or if I get lucky on my Ayaka account with my 11 tickets...

Celegus

This. So much this. When my daily pull was a rainbow I said a silent prayer for Dark Fina.....the gods did not heed my call. My only issue with Lucii and Emp is that the Holy Counter Attack breaks his Fire From Below stacks.
Too bad there's no way she's going to win the voting banner.
I caved in and I blame everyone here. 33 pulls and not a single Shine, got a dupe FUCKING USELESS Luneth. I'm done again.
Ouch. My biggest rainbow fear now is Marie, really don't need 2 of her.

Thanks! I'll check those out. For some reason I thought the new rings would take multiple hero rings each, so I have a dozen hero rings but don't have enough fire / ice to upgrade them. The 15% atk/mag one definitely looks the best. Probably the HP/MP one for tanks and healers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom