• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffymon

Such a rollercoaster catching up on the last few pages... Kinda surprised Noctis would even be ready... guess they've been working really hard on him.

Syrus

Banned
Ibe been doing one refresh a day just because we get 95 lapis a day at the moment. If I do more I'll lose lapia daily.

Luckiky I've only done 4 pulls this banner since I got lightning already. Once you complete collesseum and the game Lapis is hard to come by. I got burned splurging on pulls and am trying hard not to spend anymore money

CCIE

Banned
I don't mind spending lapis on TM's personally... they really, really make a difference. Especially when you cannot pull multiple 5* base units. I have DC and Bustier on Refia, and in a week or so I will have my Light in the high 600's for ATK. I spend lapis whenever I feel it gives me an advantage, having done so several times during the cactuar dunes.

I haven't done any multi-pulls yet to be fair... maybe this upcoming weekend I will do so. But I tend to be a little more free with my lapis when pursuing TM's. I never spend more than 200 to 300 in a day, which I know adds up. But I figure 5000 lapis to have two beefed up units isn't all that bad. Between dailies and lapis for TMR's I've dropped almost 3000 lapis over the past week and a half.

Besides, I cannot keep up the pace when I have to see clients so that keeps my lapis draining in check for the most part.

Sigh, these last couple days Nox gets fuck all done because that stupid Facebook Lite app comes up! I have no idea what's triggering it... I tried to uninstall it but it doesn't let you. I don't think I'd restarted Nox lately so I just did that and hopefully that will do the trick. Will probably restart it in the morning before work too just to be safe if this works.

Sigh, these last couple days Nox gets fuck all done because that stupid Facebook Lite app comes up! I have no idea what's triggering it... I tried to uninstall it but it doesn't let you. I don't think I'd restarted Nox lately so I just did that and hopefully that will do the trick. Will probably restart it in the morning before work too just to be safe if this works.

Is that whats causing an issue?

bonkeng

My Nox problem is different.

I created 2 instances, 1 for Google, 1 for Amazon.

My Google Nox refuses to load now. Alwasy stuck at 99%. Good thing Amazon Nox is still fine, so doing my TMs there.

I miss those worry-free days before :/

Valentus

If noctis launches with JP at the same time... i fear that our noctis will be underpowered compared with the JP counterpart.

There will be no sense that we only got 5star noctis without evolution, so i fear Noctis will be toned down to be on par with actual units.

I wont be hyped until i see the receipts

If noctis launches with JP at the same time... i fear that our noctis will be underpowered compared with the JP counterpart.

There will be no sense that we only got 5star noctis without evolution, so i fear Noctis will be toned down to be on par with actual units.

I wont be hyped until i see the receipts
My guess is that we will get the same Noctis just only 5* til later like Maxwell.

CCIE

Banned
Perhaps our Noctis will simply be missing his enhancements, and he gets those in JP right away to make up the difference.

Syntsui

Release broken Sasuke but balance the next trials, until at the very least Tidus, with bosses resistant to his skills.

Boom, we have the character we should have and the game won't be ruined.

chrono01

Perhaps our Noctis will simply be missing his enhancements, and he gets those in JP right away to make up the difference.
This is possible. If they make base Noctis the same as current Lightning, but then have his super-awesome enhancements in the Japanese release that puts him at Orlandu+ tier, that could work out.

Alkez

This is possible. If they make base Noctis the same as current Lightning, but then have his super-awesome enhancements in the Japanese release that puts him at Orlandu+ tier, that could work out.

I can't see this happening personally. It kind of screws the Japanese players because then they need to spend resources to get the "true" Noctis. The Maxwell route seems the most logical to me. Means we can't do a whole lot with him atm but the ff15 wave will likely be enough to secure people pulling on this banner.

chrono01

I can't see this happening personally. It kind of screws the Japanese players because then they need to spend resources to get the "true" Noctis. The Maxwell route seems the most logical to me. Means we can't do a whole lot with him atm but the ff15 wave will likely be enough to secure people pulling on this banner.
Ah, true. Didn't think of the Maxwell route. So basically, 5* cap for us for a while, which Japan immediately get the 6* awakening along with him. That probably makes more sense.

Man, really not sure what to do. If his skills are nice, do I spend now trying for him, or wait to see if Gumi does any 10k Lapis deals closer to Christmas (maybe with a guaranteed base 5* with the 10k summon?). Ugh! I can see Gumi releasing the Noctis banner now, everyone going crazy trying to get him (spending their Orlandu reserves), and then them releasing a guaranteed 5* banner for 10k Lapis. I CAN TOTALLY SEE IT!

NomarTyme

I guess I can use my dual wield for someone else.

Max bonus stats.

Chizuru 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Sakurafubuki +98ATK
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Black Belt Gi +8ATK+24DEF
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: Doublehand +50% Equipment ATK
Ability 2: Blade Mastery +50% ATK Katana
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 4: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 5205 MP: 220 ATK: 802 DEF: 269 MAG: 253 SPR: 211

Chizuru 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Left Hand: Chirijiraden +80ATK
Body: Black Belt Gi +8ATK+24DEF
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 3: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 4: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Total Stats: HP: 5205 MP: 220 ATK: 785 DEF: 269 MAG: 253 SPR: 211

Valentus

I guess I can use my dual wield for someone else.

Max bonus stats.

Chizuru 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Left Hand: Sakurafubuki +98ATK
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 2: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Ability 1: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 3: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 4: Lunge Combo +10%MP+20%ATK+20%DEF
Total Stats: HP: 4652 MP: 239 ATK: 850 DEF: 326 MAG: 286 SPR: 211

Chizuru motivates me to farm a genji glove...

NomarTyme

Chizuru 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Left Hand: Sakurafubuki +98ATK
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 2: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Ability 1: Seal of Destruction +20% ATK +20%MAG +10%HP
Ability 3: Power of Creation +30% ATK +30% MAG
Ability 4: Lunge Combo +10%MP+20%ATK+20%DEF
Total Stats: HP: 4652 MP: 239 ATK: 850 DEF: 326 MAG: 286 SPR: 211

Chizuru motivates me to farm a genji glove...

Do it for science!

EDarkness

I dont have atk imps...i mean pots.

The biggest bottleneck now in this stage of the game are the pots. Thats why the maze doesnt excite me... only LB pots...

Yeah. I don't care too much about the maze and I doubt I'll even bother with it. Been hitting the arena to get tickets to hopefully get more Power Pots. I get damn everything else except those.

Syntsui

Pots are absurdly game changing when you consider the % materias. I'm feeding my ATK ones to DKC, when his enhancements come I should have him absolutely maxed in terms of gear and materias.

Shouta

Nah, it's all about Onion Knight now anyway.

Folks going gaga over Onion Knight are pretty hilarious to me. He's technically gonna output less damage for someone until they have several characters to help him do work while Dark Veritas and Orlandu will do it with one or two TMs and gear you can get as part of events and challenges.

huh?

but Japanese players already have to do this outside of brand new units

chrono01

Concerning the event materia, any of them worth grabbing? I don't have Lightning, so no need for hers, but is Snow's materia any good? What about the Attacker/Defender ones? I'll probably grab the weapons, since I love collecting exclusive stuff. I already have the 30k TM, Star Quartz, Summon Tickets, and materials for the craftable equipment.

Syntsui

Folks going gaga over Onion Knight are pretty hilarious to me. He's technically gonna output less damage for someone until they have several characters to help him do work while Dark Veritas and Orlandu will do it with one or two TMs and gear you can get as part of events and challenges.
People going gaga over him have the tools though.

Concerning the event materia, any of them worth grabbing? I don't have Lightning, so no need for hers, but is Snow's materia any good? What about the Attacker/Defender ones? I'll probably grab the weapons, since I love collecting exclusive stuff. I already have the 30k TM, Star Quartz, Summon Tickets, and materials for the craftable equipment.

the exclusive stuff is really only good for new players and people that are going to use these units

Its actually a great way to fast track a Fang, Hope, Snow or even a baby lighting to decent levels of power on the cheap

Otherwise just get the usual goodies and move on. Maybe craft winged saint at least

chrono01

the exclusive stuff is really only good for new players and people that are going to use these units

Its actually a great way to fast track a Fang, Hope, Snow or even a baby lighting to decent levels of power on the cheap

Otherwise just get the usual goodies and move on. Maybe craft winged saint at least
Thanks!

I'll probably still grab the weapons (gotta catch em' all!), but I'll skip on the materia then. Less things to farm for, I guess!

EDarkness

I ended up getting the FFXII Attack/Mag materia since I wanted to use Sazh and having those materia meant that he didn't eat into the materia for the other characters I have. I didn't get anyone else's stuff, though.

Dang, checked on my computer and I get a "Unfortunately, FF Brave Exvius has stopped working" message.... Anyone else using Amazon Underground encountering this issue? Considering switching back to Google's app at this point.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Daily was a Hope!

Pretty happy the next banner is the Chizzy one, means we should get 2 more Mog King events before Orlandu's. Here comes 50+ tickets

NomarTyme

Dang, checked on my computer and I get a "Unfortunately, FF Brave Exvius has stopped working" message.... Anyone else using Amazon Underground encountering this issue? Considering switching back to Google's app at this point.

Have you try switching to DirectX ? I have been doing this for 2 days now and I have not encounter a crash/or freeze yet. Although switching from DirectX from openGL, the graphics is garbage and it plays a little laggy. The important thing for me is that I can farm without worrying about crashes/freeze. Hopefully this advice can help you.

Oh nvm, seems like you have some other problem.

Zafir

I've used Amazon Underground in the past for purchasing Hearthstone expansions a bit cheaper via coins. It was not a good experience.

It gets too confused over versions. Like there would be a new update out, and it would just fail to update a lot. The only way I could fix it was to get something like Clean Master or an equivalent to forcibly remove out all data relating to the app, and redownload it again through Amazon.

Syntsui

Not the folks starting out and re-rolling just to get him though while passing up an Orlandu in the process.
I can't even imagine catching up with JP content if I started right now lol.

Yeah that's stupid, by the time these guys actually have a decent team, Onion Knight will probably be surpassed.

By our standards at least, Lightning would be one of the best possible starting character. Even Orlandu wouldn't be that good.

leehom

A lot of people are hyped for Noctis...I'm hyped for 6* Chizuru!!

She will be my first physical aoe damage.

The problem is how to level her....I'll have to run the maze quite a bit to get cactuars.

Shouta

I can't even imagine catching up with JP content if I started right now lol.

Yeah that's stupid, by the time these guys actually have a decent team, Onion Knight will probably be surpassed.

By our standards at least, Lightning would be one of the best possible starting character. Even Orlandu wouldn't be that good.

Yeah. I'm not sure if I talked about it here but it just takes a lot more to get Onion Knight going because he doesn't have the ability to reduce elemental resistance himself. It's such a huge part of doing the crazy damage that you absolutely need to combine him with a character that can do that to make him fight at his maximum potential, awakened Seven or Balthier being the most obvious ones. Orlandu, Dark Veritas, Eileen, and even Tidus to a lesser extent have elemental resistance debuffs built into their kits already. That means there's no need to rely on another character. You may have to go for TMs but even Onion Knight needs those because there are only two sword TMs that are available for him and his own is one of them, lol.

Muku

A lot of people are hyped for Noctis...I'm hyped for 6* Chizuru!!

She will be my first physical aoe damage.

The problem is how to level her....I'll have to run the maze quite a bit to get cactuars.

Yes, thank you!!!! I see all this OMG NOCTIS. I'm over here like Oh shit I pulled Chizuru a couple weeks ago, let me use these Cactaur to finish her 5* and be prepped for her 6*. LET'S DO THIS!!!!

You have any left over event Cactaur you can buy to help her out? I used 30 to finished off her 5*. 70 left for her 6*. I was saving Cactaur if I could pull a good unit, then this awesome news hit and I'm like Let's do this Chizuru!

Broseybrose

My First:

FftLFKi.png

Im so proud! Onto Refia it went!

Lenna took Ludmille's place in the TM lineup so I can work towards that Magi Staff.

And once my 2 Excals, Dual Wield, and Rising Sun finish, will be Alma and Arc for 2 Lordly Robes and 2 Omnirods! I also want Refia's Mentality!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom