• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

To reroll I have to replay the first hour over and over again? Ech, don't think I'll be doing that.

Got all 3 star characters with summon tickets, 1 4 star being Exdeath.
You can skip through the cutscenes really fast and as soon as you finish the first quest, you can go to the main menu and do the pulls.

This is not even close to one hour and believe when we say it, DO IT.

It'll be a bummer if Noctis isn't a god tier unit after all because I'd really like to have him as a character which is the first time I've felt that for FFBE since FFVIII still isn't here but with him being a 5* base, I can't justify going hard for him if he isn't a top tier unit in application. Too hard to get those and I'd rather burn all that lapis and tickets chasing someone I know it top tier like Orlandu. Please be top tier, Noctis! The early leaks don't sound promising but we don't have the full picture yet.

To reroll I have to replay the first hour over and over again? Ech, don't think I'll be doing that.

Exdeath is actually ranked as top tier when it comes to damage mages, so good pull on that one. There are a number of units that start as 3 stars that are still worthwhile (Charlotte on the next banner being one of them). What 3 stars did you pull?

Valentus

you will regret it later.

But this also dont private you to enjoy the game... its just a very good "starter's pack" with 1 or 2 premium ultra rare cards on it.

New players are so spoiled with what characters they can re-roll for. When I started it was a good roll to get ExDeath and Kefka haha That's what I ended up going with.

Valentus

my first roll was a sabin... i didnt reroll too, but i assume most people here dont want to spent what i spent until now to have good units XD

Should I be re-rolling on just the rare summon banner, or hitting up 13 banner or what?

This banner FFXIII has lightning, that is a top-tier unit, and 2 crap units.

The next banner (noctis banner) has 2 units (Mercedes and Chizuru) that can convert any unit in a very powefull one.

Also has Charlotte that is a very very good tank... the third better after Cecil and Snow.

And also have noctis.... that we dont know how good noctis will be.

Charlotte will have a 15% of pull rate. Chizuru and Mercedes will have a 7% pull rate each one and Noctis 1% pull rate (the same pull rate of Lightning)

I recommend you reroll on the noctis banner because you can get good units in general, and not only lightning if you reroll in the FFXIII banner.

Kouriozan

Look who Plat-ed FF XV!

rnislHa.jpg

So Gumi... Where's my free Noctis :p

Look who Plat-ed FF XV!

rnislHa.jpg

Congrats! I will definitely obtain that too but savoring every last moment as I've waited 10 damn years for this game. Taking my time and doing all the things. Now go knock out those sealed dungeons! Hear the post game dungeons are really good!

Xion86

hmm my phone is charging upstairs, my Arena orbs are full, let me just do one fight on my iPad, might get lucky...

*starts Arena and presses Begin*

*instant crash, log back in, "You Lose"*

Nevermind then.

Kouriozan

Congrats! I will definitely obtain that too but savoring every last moment as I've waited 10 damn years for this game. Taking my time and doing all the things. Now go knock out those sealed dungeons! Hear the post game dungeons are really good!

Thanks!
I'll do the extra stuff later, taking a short break now.

CCIE

Banned
I cannot wait to play FFXV... just a few more weeks until X-Mas. At least Hubby said I can download it X-Mas eve, so it will be ready to play on X-Mas day.

Also, the Maze will be available this weekend to help level units. That should be great for a new player, because there is no skill required and enemies are either easy or non-existent from what I remember. This weekend is a good time to start

Xion86

Look who Plat-ed FF XV!

Nice one, I'm only on Chapter 4 but have over 40 hours play time, I hoarded up 100k XP then slept at the double XP hotel at the beach :D was a crazy increase. Will carry on as normal now. But i kind of don't want to finish it due to the patch coming out which changes the story's elements and the last chapter apparently? I'll see how I get on anyway.

Anustart

Guess I won't be re-rolling. Followed the steps, but got no warning it was going to delete anything, and sure enough, it didn't delete anything logging in to a facebook.

Not to mention there is no Log out options in Menu > Options....

Edit: Apparently there's more than one Menu > Options :/ But seems too late now, facebook already linked.

Syntsui

We can't compare our first pull with new players. We have a plethora of extremely powerful weapons and accessories given by limited event they will never get.

If they don't get a great unit, they are fucked. Pretty much all the new events and trials are straight up impossible without a good team even if you have a 700+ ATK friend.

The game changed too much and a good reroll is an absolute must to actually enjoy the game in its current state IMO.

Gumi is doing an awful job in regards to newbie friendly content since the Halloween.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Listen, re-roll or don't. I didn't.

I started September 1st, mostly as a F2P type (buying $20 in lapis a couple banners ago). I've pulled hundreds of units. I still don't have an elite, top-tier 5* base DPS unit. (DPS = high damage hitter type).

I still have a ton with the game. Seriously, it's great. But if I had another chance to start with one of those units, knowing now that I'd never see another?

Xion86

Guess I won't be re-rolling. Followed the steps, but got no warning it was going to delete anything, and sure enough, it didn't delete anything logging in to a facebook.

Not to mention there is no Log out options in Menu > Options....

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the game and the crazy ride it involves. My friend at work started two days ago too, but he didn't re roll, i told him to, but he thought re rolling was something you do once you're at the start. He already linked his FB...he did get Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness, Arc and Bartz though. But...he is playing with some troll units because he thinks they look cooler...

I didn't re roll either Panther :)....I found out about it after already linking my FB on Global Launch haha.

Syntsui

Listen, re-roll or don't. I didn't.

I started September 1st, mostly as a F2P type (buying $20 in lapis a couple banners ago). I've pulled hundreds of units. I still don't have an elite, top-tier 5* base DPS unit. (DPS = high damage hitter type).

I still have a ton with the game. Seriously, it's great. But if I had another chance to start with one of those units, knowing now that I'd never see another?

Adding to this thought, how would you fare in this game without the godlike gear you got on the Halloween event?

That was the last time we had great and easily accessible gear pretty much for free.

Shouta

Events are designed for everyone to get something even if they don't get everything. I don't think rerolling is absolutely necessary but since a new person is starting out, why not? lol

tuffymon

Nice one, I'm only on Chapter 4 but have over 40 hours play time, I hoarded up 100k XP then slept at the double XP hotel at the beach :D was a crazy increase. Will carry on as normal now. But i kind of don't want to finish it due to the patch coming out which changes the story's elements and the last chapter apparently? I'll see how I get on anyway.

I was pretty sure that is NOT how the sleep xp locations worked... it acted more like a buff... You sleep THAN go gain xp (which now collects at a x2), and than sleep again to level etc.

3 star units are not necessarily bad @Anustart, but without names, we don't know if you got good ones or bad ones... Also, this place is your friend https://exviuswiki.com/Main_Page

Elfstruck

I quit this game a while back since I was spending a lot on it :lol. Today, I decided to pull on this banner, and got Lightning on my 2nd pull. Now, I have a really bad luck when it comes to RNG, so I wonder if they increase the drop rate for 5*?

RedZaraki

Banned
I think re-rolling is really not a big deal at all.

You'll get plenty of good units just randomly from playing normally.

I quit this game a while back since I was spending a lot on it :lol. So today, I decided to pull on this banner, and got Lightning on my 2nd pull. Now, I have a really bad luck when it comes to RNG, so did they increase the drop rate for 5*?

Definitely maybe.

Xion86

I was pretty sure that is NOT how the sleep xp locations worked... it acted more like a buff... You sleep THAN go gain xp (which now collects at a x2), and than sleep again to level etc.

3 star units are not necessarily bad @Anustart, but without names, we don't know if you got good ones or bad ones... Also, this place is your friend https://exviuswiki.com/Main_Page

Huh? No...I collected up 103/104k XP all at level 24, slept at the Quay which gives double XP for resting there and cashing in your XP earned, woke up and I went to level 43 with 369 AP to use. Not sure if you got mistaken with eating food at camps (which gives you a buff when you wake up after it cashes in the XP).

In FFXV you don't get your XP turned in until you sleep, or end a chapter. Some places gives 1.5x XP and some 2x and i'm sure later on you may get more. So I used the 2x hotel to cash in what I hoarded.

Before:
https://twitter.com/chiragmaher/status/808828862608052224

After resting:
https://twitter.com/chiragmaher/status/809130852588339200

Anustart

Okay, will report units pulled then for better assistance.

3 Stars
Garland
Ingus
Lenna
Tellah

4 Stars
Rosa

Will just update this list every time.

Seems like pulling 3 stars = record keeper 3 star.
4 star = rk 5 star
5 star = going 11/11 OSBs on record keeper lol.

Kefka 3 stars
Lani 3 stars
Rakshashasha 3 stars

Gafgarrion 4 stars
Refia 4 stars

3 Stars
Garland
Ingus
Lenna
Tellah

4 Stars
Rosa

Depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking to compete with the highest level tiers of challenges and events right away? If so, there's no one on that list that will carry you. But if you are looking to enjoy the game and work your way through and maybe every once in a while get lucky with a pull, you have a solid lineup there to get you started. It will definitely get you through the first few islands of story, that's for sure. A full breaker (Ingus), a decent attack unit (Garland), a good (although not remarkable) healer (Rosa/Lenna), a pretty good attack mage (Tellah), and of course, Rain and Laswell.

So if you have some patience and don't want to play the re-roll game, I say run with it. If you don't typically have patience with these kind of games... you might want to re-roll. Just my two cents.

Garland will be good, all the rest is trash by current standards.

I think it's all relative. My starting squad was WAAAAAAAAY worse than his. I mean, leagues worse than his and I've been able to put together a great team over time. There was a time when I jumped up and down when I pulled my first Ingus and prayed every time I summoned to get a healer like Lenna or Rosa to finally replace Fina. I think if you want to jump into this game and be relevant right from the get-go, then yeah... it's not great. But if you are looking to enjoy the actual story gameplay and have the patience to build up over the long term, I think he has a solid start.

While not OP, those aren't bad starting units, actually.

Garland = Will be a strong P.DPS unit when his 6* upgrade hits. (Sadly, not as jacked as in Japan where they can stack multiple Doublehand materias).
Ingus = Full Break unit to use until Rain gets his 6* upgrade.
Lenna = Solid healer. I used her a ton until I got Refia (and then Tillith right afterwards, :p).
Tellah = Decent mage w/ revive. Really good for PVP since Revive OHKO's Cloud of Darkness and his Recall ability can cast Death (happens frequently, too).
Rosa = Either on the same level as Lenna or better. I can't remember, since I never got her.

Syntsui

I've been able to put together a great team over time. I think if you want to jump into this game and be relevant right from the get-go, then yeah... it's not great. But if you are looking to enjoy the game and be patient, I think he has a solid start.
As I said before, the situation changed get. He won't be getting the past event gears we got (Chiri, and tons of MAG gear).

And the future content will hardly be soloable, even with an overpowered friend. So he must have a decent team to at least support the friend unit to clear future events.

Good units he should aim for in case he pulls on the next banner:

Chizuru/Mercedes (either will be a good dps) / Cloud of Darkness/Bartz

Cecil/Warrior of Light/Snow/Agrias/Vaan

Lenna (only in case the other units are too godlike to reroll)/Refia/Krile

Arc/Kefka/Exdeath/Tellah (This last one only in case the other units are great and you don't want to reroll)

All these have their use in the beginning and won't be worthless in near events. Of course there are other units we should analysis case by case, let's see his pulls.

Also, some great 4* or even a 5* but not the other very useful 3*, there is no need to reroll, they will come eventually in future pulls.

Azuran

Banned
I quit this game a while back since I was spending a lot on it :lol. Today, I decided to pull on this banner, and got Lightning on my 2nd pull. Now, I have a really bad luck when it comes to RNG, so I wonder if they increase the drop rate for 5*?

Lightning loves GAF right now as long as your name isn't chrono. (I'm sorry!)

RedZaraki

Banned

3 Stars
Garland
Ingus
Lenna
Tellah

4 Stars
Rosa

4 star = rk 5 star

Kefka 3 stars
Lani 3 stars
Rakshashasha 3 stars

Gafgarrion 4 stars
Refia 4 stars

Refia is a keeper. Top 2 healers in the game for a long time.

3 Stars
Garland
Ingus
Lenna
Tellah

4 Stars
Rosa

4 star = rk 5 star

Kefka 3 stars
Lani 3 stars
Rakshashasha 3 stars

Gafgarrion 4 stars
Refia 4 stars

Ok so run

Ingus
Exdeath
Garland
Refia
Gafgarion

Thats you best setup for now

I cannot wait to play FFXV... just a few more weeks until X-Mas. At least Hubby said I can download it X-Mas eve, so it will be ready to play on X-Mas day.

Also, the Maze will be available this weekend to help level units. That should be great for a new player, because there is no skill required and enemies are either easy or non-existent from what I remember. This weekend is a good time to start
Yes please do this because there's a 9(!)GB day one patch you need to download as well... The save file takes up a decent amount of space too, I ended up removing some stuff off my PS4's HDD to install FFXV ha

Looks like you're playing at the same pace as me! Did you do pretty much every quest possible before leaving Chapter 3? I hit level 50 just before leaving it last night. I did the same thing as you too haha Except I only hoarded around 70k before sleeping there and right after I noticed Wiz Chocobo has a meal that gives a 50%? or maybe an extra 1.5% xp buff, doh! I went from level 30 to 42 or 43 when I did that hotel at Golden Quay. There's a hotel we can't get to yet that has 3x xp bonus :O

Anyway, go ahead and continue. The only update coming anytime soon will make you a little more powerful for Chapter 13 but your attack power isn't the problem people have with it anyway, they complain it's too long a chapter and something about the game play mechanic for that chapter is tedious but I didn't want to spoil myself so not sure what and some people liked the chapter anyway. The cut scenes they are adding aren't coming for months. So I'd say just beat it and then down the road you can do a New Game Plus (being added to the game) when the extra cut scenes hit or youtube them ;p

I guess I should post something about FFBE for relevancy.... ummm how about I still need to do the last couple trials. Valentus, what's your strongest unit right now? Gilgamesh? Waiting for you to put that in and then I'll ask you guys for pro tips on how to beat that damn plant.

c-murph

I hope to finish my 4 TMs tonite (DWx3 and Kaiser Knuckles). They're all so close (96%+)!! If not tomorrow is a sure thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom